Turn pc speaker on/off with vba code

Is this possible?
Thanks

I found something here on how to do it withVBScript.  You can probably modify
it to work in VBA

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-1468591.php
--
HTH,

Barb Reinhardt

"David" wrote:

> Is this possible?
> Thanks
Thanks Barb
I'll have a go
(I need to improve my web searching skills)

"Barb Reinhardt" wrote:

> I found something here on how to do it withVBScript.  You can probably modify
> it to work in VBA
>
> http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-1468591.php
> --
> HTH,
>
> Barb Reinhardt
>

> "David" wrote:
>
> > Is this possible?
> > Thanks

Error in VBA connection
hi, i make Recordset with connection to SQL server in VBA and there is error number " -2147467259" raised with desc "Unspecified error" and i don't know how to solve it.also i install SP3 and no use please help thank you ...

reading pane keeps turning on and preview pane keeps turning off
I've been using outlook 2007 for about 6 months and all has been ok until now. My normal view is to have the reading pane turned off and the preview pane turned on. however, now things changed all of a sudden. now when ever I go to the inbox the reading pane is turned on and the preview pane is turned off. So I go to the view menu and reset the view to what it should be. if I click on any other folder such as sent items and back to the inbox, its back to reading pane on and preview pane off. This is the same behavior for all folders. any ideas how to resolve this? Thanks. -- ...

Macro/VBA to loop through list of values and output row- Help Need
I am new to VBA/Macros and really don't know how to get this to work. I have a spreadsheet which calculates distances between two postcodes for a list of suppliers. Each supplier can have one or more branches at different locations (postcodes). I need to return only the closest branch of each supplier (i.e. copy the row of the closest supplier to a new sheet. The sheet has 6 columns. Only 2 of these columns are needed to work out this problem. Column A holds the Supplier Name and Column F holds the distance from us. I have worked out the steps needed to complete this...

How do you turn off autoformatting?
I am making a spreadsheet that is essentially a record. In one of the cells, I am entering the old/new values for something as 4/80, which Excel instantly turns into April-80. I can format the the cell back to General, but the number that results is not 4/80. And if I go in and reset it to 4/80 again, the autoformatting kicks in again and the whole process starts over. While there are plenty of ways I could work around this, from changing the way I enter the data on up, it has become a sort of matter of honor now. How the heck do I stop Excel from overriding everything I enter? -- nickt --...

How can I use the exchange mode in Outlook? Can I use it in my PC
Can I use it in my PC? To use it I'm supposed to have Microsoft Exchange Server 2003, but what is that? Using the exchange mode in Outlook, if Outlook makes a security copy for my emails, that means that if an email has a virus, it gets saved in my PC? If by "Exchange Mode" you mean use an Exchange server in "Add / Edit Email Accounts" you can't - unless you are connecting to an Exchange server (which is often the case in larger companies). If you had an Exchange server, I suspect you would have been informed by your tech staff - so my guess is that the answer...

VBA Form Global Name Changes
If you have a VBA User Form (FormA) with 50 fields on it, and the name of each field includes the name of the form in it (FormAField1TextBox, FormAField2Label, FormAField3ComboBox, etc.), and you create another User Form (FormB) and copy 25 of the fields from FormA to FormB, is there any way to globally change all the new fields on FormB so that the field names have 'FormB' in them instead of 'FormA'? -- Bill @ UAMS ...

Creating Forms using VBA
I would like to create data entry forms with buttons that enable Find Previous, Find Next and New (as appear on the standard microsoft form). I can create the forms in VBA and enter data from the form into the worksheet. Can anyone help with coding for the other functions? A level students are creating these forms, using the standard microsoft form doesn't allow them to show their skills - creating their own does, so using the standard form isn't an option. (excel 2003) Thanks Hi Suzi http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;829070 How to use Visual Basic for ...

PC runs out of memory when starting up Excel file or running macro #2
When I start up a new Excel file (created using Office 2000 on another PC) it says I do not have enough memory and that data may be lost. Then, it updates the formulas OK but locks up the PC when I use even very simple macros (only three or four lines). I am using Office 97, RAM is 128 MB and I don't know the processor speed but it is an older PC. We have tried having the original version saved in 97-2000 & 5.0/95 format to no avail. We have even tried closing all other programs when using this file but that did not help. the pages at http://www.decisionmodels.com/memlimitsc.htm...

Project Accounting Posting Code Problems
I am currently using GP 7.5 (about to upgrade to 8.0) and am having posting code problems within Project Accounting. Posting codes for specific projects will disappear at random times and seem to go away without connection to any maintenance utilities being fun. The codes are re-populated but sometimes fail to "stick" as they are later deleted. This happens to different accounts usually for fixed price projects types and to a lessor extent time & materials project types. Posting codes deleted also seem to not have a pattern. This phenomenon began after upgrading to GP7.5...

How do I stop bullet letter (a, b, c) from turning greek?
When I create a document in which I have used letters for bulletted lists (ie, a), b), c) etc), when I print or reopen it, the letters have changed to Greek characters alpha, beta etc. How can I stop this from happening? Thanks very much. Wow, I cannot duplicate this in any version of Publisher. Maybe you are using a different type font. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "allythegeek" <allythegeek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3FD4415-6A6E-4EA1-97BD-0FF22ADFBB5A@microsoft.com... &...

PC not responding
Hi I have a PC with XP Home SP3 (SP3 installed yesterday) it has been working well but today, when I double click, or right click/open on a shortcut or select an item in the start menu nothing happens except that the mouse arrow turns to a working hourglass and the program does not open. Any ideas on what could be happening or what I should look at. thanks Daniel Why did it take you 2 years to get SP3 installed? What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your subscription current? What anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)? Wha...

VB code "bolSingle" error
Office 2000 I am using D. Kallal worde merge code and am getting the following error for when pointing to the following line Call RidesMergeWord(strDirPath & Me.lstFiles & ".doc", bolSingle) the error highlights "bolSingle" with Compile error: ByRef argument type mismatch The folowing references are checked Visual Basic for applications Microsoft Access 9.0 library Microsoft DAO 3.6 Object library Microsoft data access components installed version Microsoft Visual basic for applications Extensibility 5.3 Complete code Dim bolSingle As Boolean '...

Preview Pane turns itself back on
I've asked everyone to disable preview pane and I have one user who tells me that everytime she disables it, it turns itself back on. She can disable it in the inbox, go to sent mail folder, return to inbox and it's back on. Help! ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Exchane E-TUrn Configuration
Hi. Can anyone please point me in the direction of a document that details the configuration of two exchange servers in different active directory domains where one must receive mails for a specific domain and park them and the other dials-up every hour and retrieves these mails? I believe I have to use E-turn for this? Thanks you ...

Assign a keyboard shortcut in VBA?
I have a simple piece of code that I want a keyboard shortcut for. The code was written, rather than recorded, and now I want to assign ti to Ctrl+M but don't know how to do it in VBA? Any help greatly appreciated....Jason Sub Macro1() Application.MacroOptions Macro:="hello", Description:="", ShortcutKey:="m" End Sub -- Gary''s Student - gsnu2007a Thanks Gary, Regards...Jason "Gary''s Student" <GarysStudent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AA28D18E-4364-4616-B897-72A48AE6A1BD@microsoft.com... > Sub Ma...

VBA? Activecell formatting
Looking for a simple VBA macro for formatting three cells starting wit the active cell. Want to use ctrl-d to select activecell, then next two cells to th right and then fill all three cells with color red -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Just a single line of code will do it: Range(ActiveCell, ActiveCell.Offset(0, 2)).Interior.Color = vbRed HTH, Nikos "click4mrh >" <<click4mrh.1bmwdk@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:click4mrh.1bmwdk@excelforum-nospam.com... > Looking for a simple VBA macro for formatting three cells starting with >...

How to turn Off and On the pesky Office Assistant?
I want to try to live without the Office Assistant. How can I turn it off? If I find I must have it, how do I turn it back on? Thanks, tmb Right clck the office assistant and select Options. Options that are selected cause the office assistant to display, so the more options you deselect, the less times the little guy will show up. You will probably want to leave "REspond to F1 Key" selected (checked), so that you know you can always recall office assistant by pressing F1. Judy Freed "tmb" <topmailbox@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:MLfLb.219948$%h4.209554...

How turn turn off warnings
I have a form which contains a button to run an update query. When clicking the button, it warns of running an update query to which one must respond "Yes". Then it informs you that it is going to update x number of records to which one must again respond "Yes". I have used macros in the past to turn off and then back on these warnings, but lately I have tried to write the code instead of macros. What would be the code for this? For reference, this is what I have right now: Private Sub UpdateMPS_Button_Click() On Error GoTo Err_UpdateMPS_Button_Click Dim stDocN...

bullet points in the speaker notes pane Powerpoint
I'd like to format the bullet points in the speaker notes pane in Powerpoint 2007. Bigger bullets, bigger gap between the bullet and the text. Can this be done? In article <BA533DF8-EBDE-4DC5-8FFC-4B16D31FD245@microsoft.com>, Not Paul Keating wrote: > I'd like to format the bullet points in the speaker notes pane in Powerpoint > 2007. Bigger bullets, bigger gap between the bullet and the text. Can this > be done? Amazing coincidence! I'm not Paul Keating too. Either. Whichever. PPT will display minimal formatting in the notes pane; if you wa...

Turn off Client message server side
I need to turn off client message about the status of the exchange servers on the server aide. Is that possible? We have users how gets messages through the day about the exchange server. Can I turn this off server side? Which message is this? On Fri, 8 Apr 2005 11:40:17 -0500, "AJ" <ajohnso9@jcpenney.com> wrote: >I need to turn off client message about the status of the exchange servers >on the server aide. Is that possible? We have users how gets messages >through the day about the exchange server. Can I turn this off server side? > > ...

Updating VBA function?
Is there a way to update this function so that it executes the same set of criteria for the data on line 32, 45, 58 and so on? In other words, every 13th line has a different set of data of that I would like to have analyzed in the same way that this function analyzes the data in line 19? Everywhere line 19 and 7 is listed, the next group is line 32 and line 7 is line 20 and so on. Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) 'make whole sheet the target If Target.Column > 0 Then 'clear previous answer answer = "" 'see what lookup code has been g...

Outlook is running in the background. How do I turn it off?
Outlook is running in the bckground. Don't know why or how. How do I stop it? Some common reasons why Outlook will not shut down completely when you click either the X or Exit: 1. PDA synchronization software with your PDA in the cradle. (activesync, iTunes, etc.) 2. WinFax Pro (especially 10.02 in Outlook 2003) - contact their support for an alleged fix. 3. Franklin-Covey Plan Plus! 4. COM Add-ins. 5. Mail reminder add-ins that keep a stub of Outlook open in the background to check for new mail and fire reminders. 6. Anti-virus/firewall programs that are set to scan i...

Simple VBA Question
I'm new at VBA, so this should be an easy question for you. What VBA method/statement would I use to bring data from one excel spreadsheet to another. Example: I have a worksheet (C:\ TempReport.xls) On the open event of the current worksheet I want to copy the entire worksheet in TempReport and bring it over to my current worksheet. I know how to do this on by creating a macro, but is there a way to do this without opening the user interface and copying and pasting? A way that does it all in the background? Thanks. One way: Private Sub Workbook_Open() Const SOUR...

FRx Suppress Account Code
Is it possible to suppress the account codes for a single row in an Account from GL column on an FRx report? We have the first column of a report set to include the Account code -we would like to suppress the account code from printing for a single row that includes an account set. Well, somebody else chime in if there's a better way, but here's the only way I can figure out how to do it: 1. Define a non-printing row that pulls the actual G/L totals 2. Define a total row immediately after this row that only includes the above row. You'll have to hard-code the descript...