Turn pc speaker on/off with vba code

Is this possible?
Thanks

I found something here on how to do it withVBScript.  You can probably modify
it to work in VBA

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-1468591.php
--
HTH,

Barb Reinhardt

"David" wrote:

> Is this possible?
> Thanks
Thanks Barb
I'll have a go
(I need to improve my web searching skills)

"Barb Reinhardt" wrote:

> I found something here on how to do it withVBScript.  You can probably modify
> it to work in VBA
>
> http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-1468591.php
> --
> HTH,
>
> Barb Reinhardt
>

> "David" wrote:
>
> > Is this possible?
> > Thanks

How can I import Excel Sheet(UPC Code) into Retail Management Sys.
I collect UPC codes from my venders. Most of them are Excel sheet. Is there any to import Excel sheet into Retail Management System? Yes there is an import utitily "bengoody" <bengoody@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D33B9569-2D2E-4660-91F9-578A2A61589E@microsoft.com... >I collect UPC codes from my venders. Most of them are Excel sheet. Is there > any to import Excel sheet into Retail Management System? You can download the Import Utility from CustomerSource, or talk to your reseller. ...

Turn auto hyphenation off permanently in publisher?
I would like to turn the automatic hyphenation off in publisher. I have to do it manually for every text box. Tools, Options, Edit tab, clear Hyphenation... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "brogers" <brogers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F8A2506C-44A3-46BB-9399-22C5A07F999A@microsoft.com... >I would like to turn the automatic hyphenation off in publisher. I have to > do it manually for every text box. ...

A difficult VBA question...a challenge
ok, I'm not a pro, but this task seems like an extremely difficult task - so hopefully someone is up to the challenge! I have a MS Access 2003 database. I would like to use VBA to accomplish the following tasks (keep in mind this is originating from Access and not Outlook)... I would like to take an email address and instead of creating a new message to it I would like to REPLY to the last one that was received from that address. Obviously the only real difference is that the body of the message from the previous received message will be included. Keep in mind I am talking about sendi...

How to make two codes "Worksheet_Change" work together in same sheet code page
Friends, Please, anybody knows how to make these two VB codes work together? When I put them together in the same "sheet code page" in VBA, th second one doesn't work. Why? *** Code 1 *** Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) * * On Error GoTo QuitCode * * If Intersect(Target, Range("c1:c15")) Is Nothing Then * * * * Exit Sub * * ElseIf Target.Value <>*"" And Target.Offset(0, -1).Value = "" Then * * * * MsgBox "You haven't typed the name of the client yet." * * * * Target.Offset(0, -1).Activate End If QuitCode: ...

Wont copy and paste using VBA
I have a very large worksheet with a number of people on it. There are multiple rows of data for each of these people. I have managed to write code to set up a member tab for each of these people (over 1000 !) but what I now want to do is copy the data for each person to the relevant worksheet. This is my code: Sub ExportData() Dim wb As Workbook Dim ws As Worksheet Dim strSheetName As String Set wb = Workbooks("PWSallocationsv1 3 (2).xls") For Each ws In wb.Worksheets If Not ws.Name = "Sheet1" Then If Not ws.Name = "Raw Data" Then 'M...

Turn on SpellCheck using registry?
Is there a way to turn on spell checking using a registry key for outlook (not OEx)? Thanks "Richard" <Me@noreply.com> wrote: >Is there a way to turn on spell checking using a registry key for outlook >(not OEx)? What's wrong with using the setup options in the program itself? Unfortunately we have around ~2,500 pc's where it may or may not be turned on. Take that number and average out the number of people who can actually follow instructions and that leaves us with about ~2499 pc's to make sure auto-spell check is enabled... "Uncle Grump...

RMS customization guide and source code!
hello good day can someone please email me a copy of the custimization guide and source code PLEASE!! my email: shashdsurfer@hotmail.com >thanks lol - I do not believe that Microsoft will give source code out :) I will email you a few technical documents that you may find useful. Afshin Alikhani - afshin@rrdisti.com Retail Realm = = = = = = = = "Trinidave" <Trinidave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:510A04B8-1566-4772-BE9F-FDE38467D25D@microsoft.com... > hello good day can someone please email me a copy of the custimization > guide > and sour...

how can I turn a spreadsheet from excel 2001 to into a xml file
I only got 2003 office today and I need to convert an older xls file to a xml file. How can I do this? Vet wrote: > I only got 2003 office today and I need to convert an older xls file to a xml > file. How can I do this? open the spreadsheet select File > save as and in the drop down box at the bottom select XML spreadsheet. gls858 ...

you cannot save to this file format when the VBA project is protected
Urgent !! How can we abe to save the worksheet and at the same time still able to protect the VBA project coding for viewing ? This development is just like creating a Template with many macros programming and you do not want the users go into the project and modify your programs. It can be done before, why in Excel Visual Basic version 6.3 when you protect the project for viewing , you workbook can not be saved any more, unless you unprotect your project coding ? Your kind solution at this matter is greatly appreciated. Thanks, jchan -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com This is n...

Add fields of Scroll window in VBA ?
Hi, I am able to add other fields in form but I am unable to add fields of scrolling window in VBA. Thanks in advance -- Aditya While I'm happy you have things solved, I don't believe what you have below is the correct solution. You should be able to add any fields of any scrolling window to your project. I'm darn sure that is the case because I've used VBA to pull values from lookup windows before and those are of course browse only. My only note for scrolling windows is you have to make sure the window is "filled" before you try to add it to vba. ...

Errors in OWA
Hi everyone, I have a problem that I have never seen before. When one of our remote users who is using OWA, Exchange 2003 Service Pack 1, with IE on Windows XP tries to reply to a message or send a new message sometimes the email address will turn red and he is unable to send the message. Has anyone ever seen this before and maybe know how to fix. This seems like some kind of an address book issue or something. Thanks in advance, Paul Stephenson ...

AAC/M4A VB Tag Decoder Source Code ??
Does anybody have source code that can read AAC/M4A audio files in order to extract the tags? I'm working in VB 6.0. "David Kaye" <sfdavidkaye2@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:i089v8$qrf$3@news.eternal-september.org... : Does anybody have source code that can read AAC/M4A audio files in order to : extract the tags? I'm working in VB 6.0. I just Googled it. Losts of example there. Any reason you couldn't try that first? -- Customer Hatred Knows No Bounds at MSFT Free usenet access at http://www.eternal-september.org ClassicVB Users ...

Question about how to use range in VBA
Hello, I am trying to cut and paste one range from one sheet to the same range in a different sheet. I used the following code: Range(Cells(startrow, 1), Cells(endrow, 12)).Select Selection.Copy Worksheets("SUMM").Activate Range(Cells(startrow, 1), Cells(endrow, 12)).Select --- ERROR HERE ActiveSheet.Paste This code gives me an error where indicated: Application defined or Object defined error Notice that I use the exact same line of code three lines earlier and I get no error. If I change my code to read as Range(Cells(startrow, 1), Cells(endrow, 12)).Sel...

how do I turn off the automatic spelling and grammer check
I don't use the auto check on spelling and grammer and it is a nusanise always popping up when I try to send an email. Please can anyone tell me how to shut the darn thing off. using office 2007 Open Help, look up Check Spelling click link for Check spelling and grammar, then "Outlook". jerryb wrote: > I don't use the auto check on spelling and grammer and it is a nusanise > always popping up when I try to send an email. Please can anyone tell me how > to shut the darn thing off. using office 2007 Bob I wrote: > jerryb wrote: > ...

Excel 2007 VBA
Hi, I have a number of scenarios that I need to perform some calculations on. I am trying to keep the code short by having a for - next loop running through all the scenarios. I am not having much luck getting that to work, though. Shouldn't the following work? For intLooping = 1 To 20 Scenarios(intLooping).Show Next The following, on the other hand, does work (but doesn't do any good). For intScenNr = 1 To 20 arrScenarios(intScenNr - 1) = Scenarios(intScenNr).Name Next MsgBox Scenarios(1).Name & " - to - " &...

Trapping Print event in excel vba
Hi, I'm trapping the App_workbookbefore Print Event which is working wonderfully! See http://www.cpearson.com/excel/AppEvent.aspx But The Question I've got is it possible to return what sheet, if only one sheet is printed or sheets if multiple sheets are printed. You can return the sheets selected like this: Sub ShowSelectedSheets() Dim Sh As Worksheet For Each Sh In ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets MsgBox Sh.Name Next End Sub but if the user chose to print 'Entire workbook' instead of the default 'Active sheet(s)' I'm not sure you can detect ...

Sumproduct formula works in spreadsheet, NOT VBA. Help please
Basically, I want to replace this formula with VBA Code I can get this one to work to sum =SUMPRODUCT(--(DataTime="First day of employment (Time 1)"),--(DataPosition=N6),(DataQuestion1) When I change this to Count rather than Sum, my Code Evaluates as an Error =SUMPRODUCT(--(DataTime="First day of employment (Time 1)"),--(DataPosition="Registered Nurse"),--(DataQuestion1<>"*")) The only line of code I switch out is the last mFormula row. The line of code that works I've commented out. I am really stumped... This is the cod...

Code to expand/collapse combo box drop-down list
Does anyone know code to automatically expand a combo box list when the control receives the focus and collapses it when the focus is lost? Thanks In the Enter event, or GotFocus event use: Me.ComboBoxName.Dropdown When you exit the combo box control the list will retract. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "Graham Walker" <walgra@dodo.com.au> wrote in message news:465c37cf$0$90645$c30e37c6@lon-reader.news.telstra.net... > Does anyone know code to automatically expand a combo box list when the >...

Code For On Mouse Move Event
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_003E_01CAABB2.CA5D7010 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Access 2007 sp2. I've changed from command buttons to labels for certain aspects of my = db. I want to use the on mouse move event over the labels to trigger some = visual indication that one's mouse pointer is over the label and then have it = return to normal when the pointer leaves the label. Like when moving over a = command button. I used to have code for this but I was...

In Excel vba how do you Launch code a standalone Module from a Form or other Module ?
I can create stand alone modules in Excel vba by clicking File New Module or some such. How can I run the code in those stand alone modules from another module or a Form that has its own code? Thanks for any help. tmb If you're talking about "New Project" from the VBA File menu, this create a new VBA project that is used to create COM Add-Ins, a discussion of which is beyond the scope of a newsgroup reply. In general, you want to use the Insert menu to create a new module in an existing workbook. In VBA, there is no such thing as a "stand-alone" module; all...

how many PC's can I download Money 2006 into?
Does someone know into how many PC's I can download a version of money 2006? I bought it last year and downloaded online, but my PC crashed last week. Now I was looking to see if I could just go to a msn.com/money and download it again for free since I already paid for it last year. thanks for your help. In microsoft.public.money, EP wrote: >Does someone know into how many PC's I can download a version of money 2006? >I bought it last year and downloaded online, but my PC crashed last week. Now >I was looking to see if I could just go to a msn.com/money and download i...

Chart Documenting Via VBA Questions
Excel 2003 I've got a -lot- of Excel charts to document. I'm doing it all via VBA procedures and saving the results into an Access table. Access VBA is my main proficiency, so I've got to learn a lot about the Excel Object Model. I've tracked down a lot of data, but here are a couple I just can't find. 1. The formula used in a ChartTitle. I see it in the formula bar when it's selected, but everywhere I look it only returns the currently showing text: the formula result. I *need* the formula, and I've got to get it using VBA. It's obviously saved somewhere! 2...

access 2007 - vba
Chers tous, j'ai �crit la fonction suivante pour changer la propri�t� filterOnLoad de chaque formulaire de la db. ************************* Function correctAccess2007() Dim Ff As Form, i As Integer i = 0 For Each Ff In Forms i = i + 1 DoCmd.OpenForm Ff.Name, acDesign Ff.FilterOnLoad = False DoCmd.Close acForm, Ff.Name, acSaveYes Next MsgBox "forms:" & i End Function ********************** quand j'ex�cute sous access2007, il affiche "0". Si j'utilise le m�me code pour modifier une propri�t� existant en access 2000/2002/2003 (filter, back...

VBA AutoFilter how to apply 2 ranges for selection to copy
Using XL 2003 & 97 Currently the code below works fine. It selects values equal to or greater than 20000 but less than 38999. Cells.AutoFilter Field:=3, Criteria1:=">=20000", Operator:=xlAnd, _ Criteria2:="<38999" Range("A1").Select ...... (copy paste routine) What is the most efficient syntax to convert the above code to handle: ">=20000 and =<35000" AND ">=35500 and <38999" TIA Dennis I think you've got trouble. First, autofilter can only have 2 criteria. And secondly, I do...

Concealing VB code
In Excel 2000 or later, can you develop a spreadsheet with a lot of VBA code and hide or compile the code so users can't see or modify it? Hi, Karl. Right-click the module and choose Properties to get to the password dialog. Keep in mind that many people know how to crack even VBA code passwords, so Excel apps are NEVER really secure. ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com www.MyExpertsOnline.com "Karl Irvin" <88karl3200@comcast.net> wrote in message news:a-mdnQTVwrzJaSvfRVn-1Q@comcast.com... > In Excel 2000 or later, can you develop a spreadsheet ...