Text running

Hello
I don't know if there is a code that keeps a word ( for example FOOTBALL)
running from left to the right of the cell.
I appriciate even a small help.

Thanks in advance

Where would you like it to run to?

English and most other languages run left to right.

Middle East countries usually run right to left.

There are various methods of text alignment in cell formatting>alignment.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 09:39:01 -0700, MAX <MAX@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Hello
>I don't know if there is a code that keeps a word ( for example FOOTBALL)
>running from left to the right of the cell.
>I appriciate even a small help.
>
>Thanks in advance

0
Gord
4/15/2010 5:25:28 PM
Put your text in Cell B20 and run this code:

Sub ANIM()
st = "          " & Range("B20") & "         "
i = 0
While True
Range("B21").Value = Mid(st, i Mod Len(st) + 1, 10)
For j = 1 To 300000
k = k + 1
Next j
i = i + 1
Wend
End Sub

--
Ryan---

"MAX" wrote:

> Hello
> I don't know if there is a code that keeps a word ( for example FOOTBALL)
> running from left to the right of the cell.
> I appriciate even a small help.
>
> Thanks in advance
Try this...
'/=================================================
Sub Macro1()
  Dim i As Integer, j As Integer
  Dim x As Integer, y As Integer
'
  x = 10  'indent 10 times
  y = 5   'perform process 5 times

  For j = 1 To y
    For i = 1 To x
      'wait 1 second between indent
      Application.Wait (Now + TimeValue("0:00:01"))
      'indent
      Selection.InsertIndent 1
    Next i
    'un-indent same # of times you
    '      indented to start again
    Selection.InsertIndent -x
  Next j

End Sub
'/=================================================

--
Hope this helps.
If it does, please click the Yes button.

"MAX" wrote:

> Hello
> I don't know if there is a code that keeps a word ( for example FOOTBALL)
> running from left to the right of the cell.
> I appriciate even a small help.
>
> Thanks in advance
Thank you for your help.
I want this in cell A105 and I am using English language.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

> Where would you like it to run to?
>
> English and most other languages run left to right.
>
> Middle East countries usually run right to left.
>
> There are various methods of text alignment in cell formatting>alignment.
>

> Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP
>
> On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 09:39:01 -0700, MAX <MAX@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Hello
> >I don't know if there is a code that keeps a word ( for example FOOTBALL)
> >running from left to the right of the cell.
> >I appriciate even a small help.
> >
> >Thanks in advance
>
> .

Gary thank you for your help but please tell me in which cell I have to put
text.

"Gary Brown" wrote:

> Try this...
> '/=================================================
> Sub Macro1()
>   Dim i As Integer, j As Integer
>   Dim x As Integer, y As Integer
> '
>   x = 10  'indent 10 times
>   y = 5   'perform process 5 times
>
>   For j = 1 To y
>     For i = 1 To x
>       'wait 1 second between indent
>       Application.Wait (Now + TimeValue("0:00:01"))
>       'indent
>       Selection.InsertIndent 1
>     Next i
>     'un-indent same # of times you
>     '      indented to start again
>     Selection.InsertIndent -x
>   Next j
>
> End Sub
> '/=================================================
>

> --
> Hope this helps.
> If it does, please click the Yes button.
> Thanks in advance for your feedback.
> Gary Brown
>

> "MAX" wrote:
>
> > Hello
> > I don't know if there is a code that keeps a word ( for example FOOTBALL)
> > running from left to the right of the cell.
> > I appriciate even a small help.
> >
> > Thanks in advance
What do you want in A105?

FOOTBALL will always run left to right unless you use code to turn it into

LLABTOOF  or orientaion to stand it on end or slanted.

I do not understand your needs.

Have any of the other replies helped in any way?

Gord

On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 12:18:07 -0700, MAX <MAX@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Thank you for your help.
>I want this in cell A105 and I am using English language.
>
>"Gord Dibben" wrote:
>
>> Where would you like it to run to?
>>
>> English and most other languages run left to right.
>>
>> Middle East countries usually run right to left.
>>
>> There are various methods of text alignment in cell formatting>alignment.
>>

>> Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP
>>
>> On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 09:39:01 -0700, MAX <MAX@discussions.microsoft.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >Hello
>> >I don't know if there is a code that keeps a word ( for example FOOTBALL)
>> >running from left to the right of the cell.
>> >I appriciate even a small help.
>> >
>> >Thanks in advance
>>
>> .

0
Gord
4/15/2010 7:35:22 PM
After looking at your response to Gord Dibben, I've changed the macro so the
Text goes in Cell A105.  You can easily change this in the macro.

'/=================================================
Sub Macro1()
  Dim i As Integer, j As Integer
  Dim x As Integer, y As Integer
  Dim strMyCell As String
'

  ' - - V A R I A B L E S - - - - -
  strMyCell = "A105"  'where TEXT goes
  x = 10  'indent 10 times
  y = 5   'perform process 5 times
  ' - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

  For j = 1 To y
    For i = 1 To x
      'wait 1 second between indent
      Application.Wait (Now + TimeValue("0:00:01"))
      'indent
      Range(strMyCell).InsertIndent 1
    Next i
    'un-indent same # of times you
    '      indented to start again
    Range(strMyCell).InsertIndent -x
  Next j

End Sub
'/=================================================

--

"MAX" wrote:

> Gary thank you for your help but please tell me in which cell I have to put
> text.
>
> "Gary Brown" wrote:
>
> > Try this...
> > '/=================================================
> > Sub Macro1()
> >   Dim i As Integer, j As Integer
> >   Dim x As Integer, y As Integer
> > '
> >   x = 10  'indent 10 times
> >   y = 5   'perform process 5 times
> >
> >   For j = 1 To y
> >     For i = 1 To x
> >       'wait 1 second between indent
> >       Application.Wait (Now + TimeValue("0:00:01"))
> >       'indent
> >       Selection.InsertIndent 1
> >     Next i
> >     'un-indent same # of times you
> >     '      indented to start again
> >     Selection.InsertIndent -x
> >   Next j
> >
> > End Sub
> > '/=================================================
> >

> > --
> > Hope this helps.
> > If it does, please click the Yes button.
> > Thanks in advance for your feedback.
> > Gary Brown
> >

> > "MAX" wrote:
> >
> > > Hello
> > > I don't know if there is a code that keeps a word ( for example FOOTBALL)
> > > running from left to the right of the cell.
> > > I appriciate even a small help.
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance
Gary I am appriciate your great help but since I am a very beginner in these
type of programs I don't understand.
Will you please write the code for me.

Thanks in advance.

Max, that IS the code.
--

"MAX" wrote:

> Gary I am appriciate your great help but since I am a very beginner in these
> type of programs I don't understand.
> Will you please write the code for me.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> "Gary Brown" wrote:
>
> > After looking at your response to Gord Dibben, I've changed the macro so the
> > Text goes in Cell A105.  You can easily change this in the macro.
> >
> > '/=================================================
> > Sub Macro1()
> >   Dim i As Integer, j As Integer
> >   Dim x As Integer, y As Integer
> >   Dim strMyCell As String
> > '
> >
> >   ' - - V A R I A B L E S - - - - -
> >   strMyCell = "A105"  'where TEXT goes
> >   x = 10  'indent 10 times
> >   y = 5   'perform process 5 times
> >   ' - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
> >
> >   For j = 1 To y
> >     For i = 1 To x
> >       'wait 1 second between indent
> >       Application.Wait (Now + TimeValue("0:00:01"))
> >       'indent
> >       Range(strMyCell).InsertIndent 1
> >     Next i
> >     'un-indent same # of times you
> >     '      indented to start again
> >     Range(strMyCell).InsertIndent -x
> >   Next j
> >
> > End Sub
> > '/=================================================
> >

> > --
> > Hope this helps.
> > If it does, please click the Yes button.
> > Thanks in advance for your feedback.
> > Gary Brown
> >

> > "MAX" wrote:
> >
> > > Gary thank you for your help but please tell me in which cell I have to put
> > > text.

Gary

I completely failed to understand the needs but now I see your code in
action I am impressed.

Both with the code and your interpretaion of OP's question.

Gord

On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 12:38:01 -0700, Gary Brown <junk_at_kinneson_dot_com>
wrote:

>After looking at your response to Gord Dibben, I've changed the macro so the
>Text goes in Cell A105.  You can easily change this in the macro.
>
>'/=================================================
>Sub Macro1()
>  Dim i As Integer, j As Integer
>  Dim x As Integer, y As Integer
>  Dim strMyCell As String
>'
>
>  ' - - V A R I A B L E S - - - - -
>  strMyCell = "A105"  'where TEXT goes
>  x = 10  'indent 10 times
>  y = 5   'perform process 5 times
>  ' - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>
>  For j = 1 To y
>    For i = 1 To x
>      'wait 1 second between indent
>      Application.Wait (Now + TimeValue("0:00:01"))
>      'indent
>      Range(strMyCell).InsertIndent 1
>    Next i
>    'un-indent same # of times you
>    '      indented to start again
>    Range(strMyCell).InsertIndent -x
>  Next j
>
>End Sub
>'/=================================================

0
Gord
4/15/2010 8:04:27 PM
One last quetion, why I can't write on the file while the code is running?

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

> Gary
>
> I completely failed to understand the needs but now I see your code in
> action I am impressed.
>
> Both with the code and your interpretaion of OP's question.
>

> Gord
>
> On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 12:38:01 -0700, Gary Brown <junk_at_kinneson_dot_com>
> wrote:
>
> >After looking at your response to Gord Dibben, I've changed the macro so the
> >Text goes in Cell A105.  You can easily change this in the macro.
> >
> >'/=================================================
> >Sub Macro1()
> >  Dim i As Integer, j As Integer
> >  Dim x As Integer, y As Integer
> >  Dim strMyCell As String
> >'
> >
> >  ' - - V A R I A B L E S - - - - -
> >  strMyCell = "A105"  'where TEXT goes
> >  x = 10  'indent 10 times
> >  y = 5   'perform process 5 times
> >  ' - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
> >
> >  For j = 1 To y
> >    For i = 1 To x
> >      'wait 1 second between indent
> >      Application.Wait (Now + TimeValue("0:00:01"))
> >      'indent
> >      Range(strMyCell).InsertIndent 1
> >    Next i
> >    'un-indent same # of times you
> >    '      indented to start again
> >    Range(strMyCell).InsertIndent -x
> >  Next j
> >
> >End Sub
> >'/=================================================
>
> .

Because Excel can do one thing at a time.

While your code is running you must suspend all other activity.

Cool, eh?

Gord

On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 13:58:01 -0700, MAX <MAX@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>One last quetion, why I can't write on the file while the code is running?
>
>"Gord Dibben" wrote:
>
>> Gary
>>
>> I completely failed to understand the needs but now I see your code in
>> action I am impressed.
>>
>> Both with the code and your interpretaion of OP's question.
>>

>> Gord
>>
>> On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 12:38:01 -0700, Gary Brown <junk_at_kinneson_dot_com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >After looking at your response to Gord Dibben, I've changed the macro so the
>> >Text goes in Cell A105.  You can easily change this in the macro.
>> >
>> >'/=================================================
>> >Sub Macro1()
>> >  Dim i As Integer, j As Integer
>> >  Dim x As Integer, y As Integer
>> >  Dim strMyCell As String
>> >'
>> >
>> >  ' - - V A R I A B L E S - - - - -
>> >  strMyCell = "A105"  'where TEXT goes
>> >  x = 10  'indent 10 times
>> >  y = 5   'perform process 5 times
>> >  ' - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>> >
>> >  For j = 1 To y
>> >    For i = 1 To x
>> >      'wait 1 second between indent
>> >      Application.Wait (Now + TimeValue("0:00:01"))
>> >      'indent
>> >      Range(strMyCell).InsertIndent 1
>> >    Next i
>> >    'un-indent same # of times you
>> >    '      indented to start again
>> >    Range(strMyCell).InsertIndent -x
>> >  Next j
>> >
>> >End Sub
>> >'/=================================================
>>
>> .

0
Gord

Outlook 2000
Hi. Are there any mail notifiers out there that can let me know when I recieve new mail without keeping outlook running? Alternatively, can I keep outlook in the tray (using a 3rd party app - I don;t think outlook 2000 has a minimize to tray option) and still recieve popup notification for new mail? I've tried the add-in 'Mail Alert' but it doesn't seem to work when I force outlook into the tray (using R-Studios' HideOutlook app). Thanks, Jon Crouch. "Jon_C" <JonCCrouch@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1191509696.643353.9340@y42g2000hsy.googlegroups.com...

Payroll multiple check runs, same pay period
We are just implementing Payroll and doing some testing. We have two weekly checks runs we do for different divisions. We are getting this error message when we build the second payroll check "Transaction date not within pay period date range" Any ideas why we are getting this error? Thanks! It's not an error message; it's a warning. It means there are transactions with dates that fall outside the date range specified on the build checks window. -- Charles Allen, MVP "cal" wrote: > We are just implementing Payroll and doing some testing. We hav...

TEXT = text

Selecting text in a document

CScrollView and text height

Run-time error 3101 : Access is looking for a table that doesn't e
Error says: Run-time error '3101': The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot find a record in the table 'Employee' with key matching field(s) 'Employee_ID'. A Google search showed that the 3101 error is a broken join, but the join in the combo box points to QryEmployee and OBR_Employees. This problem happens when I try and select an employee name from the combo box after I go to a new record. It doesn't happen any other time. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong here? ...

Text Boxes on Charts not showing up

Ranking Numbers with Text

Null in text box

Re: Using Text Styles

CRM 4.0 Workflow problems when changing long running workflows.
I've created some long running timeout-workflows which waits for a specific amount of time after an update is done to my users entity, and then send's an email to notify the user. If I unpublish the workflow, makes changes, and publishes it again then the old instances of the workflow continues running the old workflow, and new one's are using the new workflow. That is ok, I guess. My problem is that sometimes the old version of the workflow crashes and sometimes it is running fine. I've found no reason why it crashes and the error message only tells me to contact Micro...

Logical Test: Text Against Number 01-05-10

Text in Cell as Formula #2

Plain text warning/ VS2005
Whenever I add a CRecordset derived class, I get an error telling me the password for the DB is sent in "plain text" and is not secure etc. I comment that line out, but how much of a security risk is this? What can I do with my Access database to avoid this? VC 6.0 never gave this error... tia b If you are on any kind of network that anyone can look at, you are wide open for attack. Example, a University network; potentially, ever student can be running a packet sniffer and see your password. Anything that passes acros the Internet outside your local intranet is also vuln...

Rotate text?
Office(publisher) 2K. Is there anyway to rotate a specific word in a sentence? L. Not if it's part of the sentence rather than being a separate text box. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "L." <ofallon12320@yahoo1.com> wrote in message news:%23TBzesS9FHA.2616@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Office(publisher) 2K. > > Is there anyway to rotate a specific word in a sentence? > > L. > > Thanks for the info. L. "JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" <jl_paules@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:U46dnd7PfZ5CTBHenZ2dnUVZ_sidnZ2d@suscom....

Running CRM in Dev, Staging and Live Environments
Hi all, We're fairly new to CRM but have great plans for the future. Our usual working practice involves starting in a development environment, then moving to staging for testing and then deploying live. The development and staging environments being exact separate replicas of the live environment when we start work. This allows us to test releases and minimise impact of new work. In order to develop against CRM we need to follow the same practice but our partners are telling us in order to do this we must set up separate Active Directory forests. We can't believe this is t...

Why does Outlook 2002 not run in Windows 7?
I have installed an older version of MS Office on my new computer running Windows 7 OS. All of the programs work fine, except for MS Outlook 2002. Everytime I run the program it crashes with an error. I have tried downloading several updates, after uninstalling and re-installing Outlook, without any solution. The error code is below: Problem signature: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: OUTLOOK.EXE Application Version: 10.0.6856.0 Application Timestamp: 4a7c8be7 Fault Module Name: unknown Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0 Fault Module Timestamp: 00000...

shading behind text
I would like to place white text within a box of gray shading. When I use the 'background' function, it shades the entire document. How do I limit the background to a line of text? thanks Ken Depending on your preference I can think of at least 3 ways, but they all may not be available to you... or instructions may vary. It depends on what version of Word you're using & you haven't even indicated whether it's Windows or Mac. Since you posted to the Mac Word group I'll assume you're using a Mac version & further that it is the most current (2008):...

How to get the text of each selection?
Hi, Dear All We can use Ctrl key and mouse to multi-select range in a document, but if somebody could tell me how to get the text of each selection? Cheers! osen Sorry, it is not really possible. See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=288424. The closest you can come is to use Selection.Copy, then open a new blank document and paste. The individual pieces will be separated by paragraph marks, but you can't distinguish between those and any paragraph marks that might have been in the middle of some pieces. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FA...

Further Info on changing text in one cell to to criteria of another.
I have a workbook that charts the progress of my clients. One of m cells automatically determines their age, and when they become olde than six, I need another cell's text to automatically change to "AO (standing for "Aged Out" of my program). I cannot us the functio =IF(A1>6,"AO"," ") because I already have the clients status imputed i that cell. I need it to be a type of conditional formatting or VB cod so that it will automatically change once the reach 6. I have attache an example of my workbook. It has a VB code that changes the row colo based on ...