tab textbox by a macro

I have some textbox in a user form...
I start on textbox1 and then once it is filled in a click  commandbuttom1..
This click will populate some data then I then would like the cursor to move
to textbox2...

How do I do it with a macro and not expecting user to hit tab or enter?

Hi alberto,

At the end of the code run by CommandButton1 insert the following.

Me.TextBox2.SetFocus

--
Regards,

OssieMac

"Alberto Ast" wrote:

> I have some textbox in a user form...
> I start on textbox1 and then once it is filled in a click  commandbuttom1..
> This click will populate some data then I then would like the cursor to move
> to textbox2...
>
> How do I do it with a macro and not expecting user to hit tab or enter?

Making macros unvisible
I have a database where you type a part # and (by using macros) it brings up the different storage locations for that part. How do I make that macro invisible or password protected? I can use Security on high but there are other co-workers who know that. Hi, go to visual basic, tools, Project properties, 2nd tab protection, write a password if this helps please click yes thanks "Byron720" wrote: > I have a database where you type a part # and (by using macros) it brings up > the different storage locations for that part. How do I make that macro > inv...

Copy Word macro to colleague
Hi, I have created a simple but useful Word macro, that I access by clicking on a customized button on the toolbar. I want to send that macro to a colleague, together with the customized button, but without having to send my Normal.dot file over. In addition, I would like to automate the process so that the macro, together with the button, automatically installs itself on my colleague's version of Word? I use Word 2002. Thank you for your assistance. See the article "Distributing macros to other users" at: http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/DistributeMacros.htm ...

Tab Order in a Contact Form
I created a custom form, adding both buit-in fields and custom fields to the General page. However, when I go to Layout/Tab Order, only the built-in fields that exist on the built-in Contact form show up in the list. Is there any way for me to get the other built-in and custom fields to show up in the Tab Order list? Thanks, Shannon All controls (note: not fields) should appear in the tab order, but if you put some inside a frame, that frame will have its own tab order. Select the frame, then invoked the Tab Order dialog. FYI, there is a newsgroup specifically for Outlook forms issues...

Export Excel Data to Access With a Macro!!!
Hi, I have been trying to create a macro in excel to automatically export data into access, but to no avail. Would somebody please give me a hint? Your assistance will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Using Access either "Link" the spreadsheet as a table or import the excel data. Otherwise research ADO and CreateTable to learn how to push the data cell by cell. Ken "Jac" wrote: > Hi, > > I have been trying to create a macro in excel to automatically export data > into access, but to no avail. Would somebody please give me a hint? > Your assistance ...

Combine tabs from multiple workbooks into one
I was given twelve workbooks (one for each month). Each workbook has one tab. What is the fastest way to combine the twelve workbooks (thus the twelve tabs) into a single workbook? I can open each workbook and move each tab individually, I just thought there might be a more efficient way. Any ideas? Thanks for your help. Hi Alayna See http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Alayna" <Alayna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DCBB3B63-84D1-48BD-86D3-7F1D72E99C1C@microsoft.com... >I was given twelve workbooks...

Exchange tasks tab on domain controllers
When we were running Exchange 2K, I could add a mailbox from any domain controller, but can't now that we've migrated to Exchange 2K3. Was this a function of connection agreements in Exchange 2K/5.5? Is there any way to re-enable this functionality? Thx. Phil: Thanks much. Is it my imagination, or are details like that hard to find? P >-----Original Message----- >On the domain controllers that are not running Exchange run the Exchange 2003 CD install on them. Install the management tools option. This will enable the tabs in AD on that domain controller. And, yes, ...

Recording a macro
Hello, I am having trouble recording a macro. It keeps telling me something about installing a VBA. Where can I find this download? VBA is Excel's macro language. You probably choose to not install it when you installed Excel. You will have to insert your install CDs and choose to add VBA to the installation. Jerry Sharon wrote: > Hello, I am having trouble recording a macro. It keeps telling me > something about installing a VBA. Where can I find this download? ...

Need help with cell defined in Macro
I downloaded SMS 2003 Capacity Planner spread sheet that requires Macro to be enabled. The first time when I ran the Build topology macro, I was able to enter a value of 0 in a field. When I re-ran the the Buid topology macro again, it does not allow me to enter 0. How can I modify this field? ...

Icons change on IE tabs when using tabbed browsing
I've recently begun experiencing issues with the icons assigned to a site being changed on the tabs during tabbed browsing. For example, when clicking on NOAA on my favorites bar to look at weather from the NOAA site, I began getting the Wells Fargo icon on those tabs. The icon is still okay on my favorites bar, but now consistently shows the WF icon on tabs. I tried reassigning a new icon to NOAA, and it seemed okay for a while, but now I'm back to getting WF icons on NOAA tabs. This morning I had a lot of tabs open and suddenly my Fidelity icon was replaced by the Y...

Email Tracking Tab
A gentleman I work with has his setup so he can go into his Sent Items and look at the tracking tabs on the messages. He's had this setup and working for some time now, but recently this is no longer working. He has delivery and read receipts requested for anything he sends. I can't find any logical reason why he does not have the tracking tab anymore. I thought maybe it only applied to messages sent to multiple recipients, but I sent test messages and it didn't make any difference. Did he already process the returned Exchange receipts? When they are marked as read and ...

tab not tabbing to next cell
Tab button is moving to next page, not next cell. Is there a setting for this somewhere ? Lynn, It's trying to act like Lotus 123. Tools - Options - Transition - Transition navigation keys. Turn it off. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "lynn" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:231f01c3a92f$c1d56290$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Tab button is moving to next page, not next cell. Is there > a setting for this somewhere ? Perfect. Thanks ! >-----Original Message----- ...

Enable Macro #2
I am using a Macro to help print numbers as words (i.e. 6- six). But every time I close the file and then open it again the macro is disabled. Is there a way to allow the macro to run without changing the setting on my macro security to "medium"? Thanks for your assistance. ...

Tab order after using pop up calendar on date field
After selecting a value in a date field by using the pop up calendar, the tab order on the screen sometimes goes to the first dollar sign ($) on the screen and tabs through each dollar sign until the last one is reached and then starts tabbing through the fields starting with the first one instead of just tabbing to the next field. This happens if the cursor was in a text or number field and the value in the field was not selected (highlighted) when the calendar button was pushed. If the date was typed in to the date field (as apposed to selected using the pop up calendar) then the su...

Enable Macros & Disable Insert from code
Hi, 1. How to enable macros from the code? 2. How to disable insert and copy for this workbook? Any help is appreciated. Thanks. Regards, Giri 1. You don't, otherwise what would be the point. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Giri" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:762f01c430fd$42f491c0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > 1. How to enable macros from the code? > 2. How to disable insert and copy for this workbook? > > Any help ...

tab order #8
can you specify a tab order in excel? for example. can I specify the folowwing tab order: b1 b2 b3 b4 b10 b11 b12 and ofcourse how? gracias -- daolb ------------------------------------------------------------------------ daolb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24478 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=382504 Take a look at http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0008.html -- HTH Bob Phillips "daolb" <daolb.1raiyc_1119884723.3538@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:daolb.1raiy...

Tab from one page to the next page in Tab Control
I'm stumped!! How do you get your tabs to go from one page in tab control to the next page? Right now, when I get to the bottom of the page, it tabs back to the top. I am using Access 2003 with Windows XP. I want to be able to tab from one page to the next as I complete my form. Any help is appreciated. -- retired_vol You'll need to use code to set the focus to the first control on the second tab in the LostFocus event of the last control on the first tab: Private Sub Control1_LostFocus() Me.Control2.SetFocus End Sub -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSte...

Button for a Macro
Excel 2007 is it possible to put something on the Quick Access Toolbar that will allow me to run a macro with one click? -- Gary''s Student - gsnu2007xx Try this Right click the QA Toolbar and select Customise. From the left dropdown choose 'Macros' and scroll to your macro and then click ADD On the right click modify and from the popup select an Icon OK Mike "Gary''s Student" wrote: > Excel 2007 > > is it possible to put something on the Quick Access Toolbar that will allow > me to run a macro with one click? >...

worksheet tab size
I have an Excel workbook with multiple worksheets running on a HMI touchscreen display terminal. The sheet tab height is too small for easy selection with the touch screen. Changing the default font size increases the height of cells, but doesn't affect the sheet tabs. Is there any way (other than changing the display's resolution) to increase the size of the sheet tabs? >-----Original Message----- >I have an Excel workbook with multiple worksheets running >on a HMI touchscreen display terminal. The sheet tab >height is too small for easy selection with the tou...

tab textbox by a macro
I have some textbox in a user form... I start on textbox1 and then once it is filled in a click commandbuttom1.. This click will populate some data then I then would like the cursor to move to textbox2... How do I do it with a macro and not expecting user to hit tab or enter? Hi alberto, At the end of the code run by CommandButton1 insert the following. Me.TextBox2.SetFocus -- Regards, OssieMac "Alberto Ast" wrote: > I have some textbox in a user form... > I start on textbox1 and then once it is filled in a click commandbuttom1.. > This...

Saving default tabs

IE8 Open new tab
hi, wondering how to set new tab to open to a web page. had that set before, but had to reset my IE8, lost settings. thanks Hi Dan, Tools>Internet Options - General tab, Tabbed Browsing 'Settings' button. Sounds like you have turned off tabbed browsing sometime. Maybe with the Reset. Regards. "Dan" <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8693FE7A-05AE-43B1-A630-F0DF61284CD0@microsoft.com... > hi, wondering how to set new tab to open to a web page. had that set > before, > but had to reset my IE8, lost settings. thank...

Macro to Save File with the name in a specified cell #2
Thanks Bob - just what I was looking for. :cool -- ElsiePO ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ElsiePOA's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=390 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27018 ...

sheet tabs is checked but I can't see my tabs
I'm using a workbook with several pages. Yesterday I had no problems seeing my tabs but today, the only thing at the bottom of the page is a bar that says "Ready" in the far left corner. I do not see my tabs and do not know how to move between the pages. Can anyone help me? I'd try: Window|Arrange|Tiled and resize them the way I like. I'm guessing that the tabs are just off the screen. 3091Director wrote: > > I'm using a workbook with several pages. Yesterday I had no problems seeing > my tabs but today, the only thing at the bott...

tabs inside a tab
hi, i have a tabbed dialog, in which on one of the tabs i intend to added to have sub-tabs. which is the best way to add tabs can we use CPropertyPage or should we go with CTabCtrl. Thanks in advance, Chandra I would use CTabCtrl. But it's a matter of preference. CTabCtrl will give you more flexibility than using a CPropertyPage as a child control. AliR. "chandra" <schandrasekhars@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1175028895.801895.304100@o5g2000hsb.googlegroups.com... > hi, > > i have a tabbed dialog, in which on one of the tabs i intend to added > t...

Macro to speed email creation
I need to use outlook to send the same pdf file as an attachment to any one who requests it. All I want to do is this. After the new mail form is launched (by clicking on the recipient's email address) I want a button, or something, that will automatically insert the subject and body text (which will always be the same for every mail) attach the pdf (which will always have the same filename and be stored in the same location), and send the mail. I'm sure this is very easy and that I'm missing something obvious but I've searched for hours and can't find what I ne...