Syntax Error Help needed

How can I fix this code line below. I am getting a "Run-time error '1004':"
"The formula you typed contains an error."
I tried putting quotes at the end and that didn't solve the problem.

ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add Name:="siteList",
RefersToR1C1:="=Error_MarketList!$A$5:$A$" & errorWS_lastRow

untested, but just an observation;
I would expect the reference following RefersToR1C1 ro be in R1C1 notation,
but this appears to be in A1 notation.
Maybe try RefersTo instead of RefersToR1C1?

HTH,
Keith

"Ayo" wrote:

> How can I fix this code line below. I am getting a "Run-time error '1004':"
> "The formula you typed contains an error."
> I tried putting quotes at the end and that didn't solve the problem.
>
> ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add Name:="siteList",
> RefersToR1C1:="=Error_MarketList!$A$5:$A$" & errorWS_lastRow
Hello:

If all you are trying to do is create a range dynamically, you could use
this simple method:

Public Sub Tester()

Dim errorWS_lastRow As Integer
Dim strRange As String

errorWS_lastRow = 20

strRange = "A5:A" & errorWS_lastRow

Range(strRange).Name = "sitelist"

End Sub

--
Rich Locus
Logicwurks, LLC

"Ayo" wrote:

> How can I fix this code line below. I am getting a "Run-time error '1004':"
> "The formula you typed contains an error."
> I tried putting quotes at the end and that didn't solve the problem.
>
> ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add Name:="siteList",
> RefersToR1C1:="=Error_MarketList!$A$5:$A$" & errorWS_lastRow

Unable to obtain service organization from the adapter error
I=B4m getting the next error when I select the " Dynamics GP econnect" adapter registered into my machine and I click the next Button in the add generated items in VS. I=B4m Working with VS 2005 y Biztalk 2006 --------------------------- Add Adapter Wizard --------------------------- Unable to obtain service organization from the adapter. Value cannot be null. Parameter name: stream --------------------------- OK --------------------------- Any help I would appreciate. Francisco Try the following: To resolve this problem, add the eConnect schema directly to the BizTalk Server...

Exchange Performance error
Hi I have exchange 2003 in my org. I have plenty oof erro on mom server about exchange with this description: (This alert indicates that global catalog issues may be affecting the performance of your Exchange Server environment. The Performance object monitored for this alert is MSExchangeDSAccess Processes-Ldap Search Time-<All>-1.0-minutes (threshold). This alert is generated when the average of the last 10 samples is greater than 50 milliseconds. ) what shoud I do for this error? Many thanks Babak What's your GC to Exchange Server processor ratio? Might be easier to tell ...

Resizing Outlook Windows... I need some help!
One of the users on my network is having trouble w/his Outlook 2000 window. Whenever we double-click the icon to start the program, the window is either minimized or maximized. It won't let us restore it to a medium size. Any thoughts? Thank you so much!! Vickie What SP are you running? If it is not the latest, I would install it. Joey R. >-----Original Message----- >One of the users on my network is having trouble w/his >Outlook 2000 window. Whenever we double-click the icon to >start the program, the window is either minimized or >maximized. It won't...

get/change error direct deposit
I have a client with multiple companies. One company is receiving the following error when trying to create a cheque batch. " A get /change operation on table "ME-Direct-Deposit-MSTR" failed accessing SQL Data I have been unable to find a solution....any ideas? thx, Doug -- Doug Wilson Great Plains Consultant MCS Canada I looks to me as if one of the EFT products have been installed without initializing the tables.The Direct Deposit Master is allocated to EFT for Payables. If you add an "Other Window" to your shortcuts you can complete the "Payables EF...

Excel Value Error
My formula is =c7*c8 works as long as c7 is not a blank. If made a blank after being a number, then Value error occurs. How do I do properly? Please. Example 1*100=100, blank*100=Value error. -- Jim Finecey Try this: =N(C7)*C8 -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Jim Finecey" <JimFinecey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5A6F5D11-0522-4E3A-A11B-BD34F2686994@microsoft.com... > My formula is =c7*c8 works as long as c7 is not a blank. If made a blank > after being a number, then Value error occurs. How do I do properly? > Please. Example > 1*1...

Dates in cell
I want to be able to add a date to cells without having to use the /; however when I enter the date as 111803 the results of the cell is 2/7/2206. What am I not doing??? Thanks in advance Sondra Your not entering the / as you already know. Excel will not recognise it a s a date without the / For possible solutions and a better understanding try http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datetime.htm http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS Sondra wrote: > I want to be able to add a...

E-mail error Message #2
Do that mean the problem is on their end or mine. I could not telenet to the ip listed in the original e-mail. Thanks Most likely the problem is on their end. I tried to Telnet to that same IP and it also failed. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP "Michael Moore" <Mike.Moore@sgic.com> wrote in message news:eORWKBViEHA.2664@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Do that mean the problem is on their end or mine. I could not telenet to > the > ip listed in the original e-mail. Thanks > > ...

UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_DRIVE error
Hiya! My laptop battery has been dying for quite some time, since I had kept it constantly in my laptop and didn't even realise I was supposed to take it out when using the adaptor until recently. However, my computer had said that it was still capable of recharging, just that the battery life was shortened... and I kinda just ignored it since I was planning on getting a new laptop soon, anyway. To get to the point... today I needed to shift my laptop, so I unplugged the adaptor, thinking that my laptop should still have a little bit of battery left to sustain it- but instea...

RPC server error when trying to run quota message service
I just installed quota message service and when I try to run it I get a message "RPC server unavailable." Any ideas? This "quota message service" is a third-party product? You might ask the supplier of that product. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Algowithm" <Algowithm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:19D0D68E-5C21-4FCB-952F-95CEF48FCE2C@microsoft.com... >I just installed quota message service and when I try to run it I get a > message "RPC server unavailable."...

Exchange 2003 error 2112.
I'm running Exchange Enterprise Server 2003 on a Windows 2000 server which has been working in production for about a year. The Active Directory Servers are Windows 2000 SP3 (GC) and the second server is running SP4. I'm getting event ID: 2112, 9186, 9187 which I believe are all directly related to 2112. I ran "policytest.exe" and got the following results: =============================================== Local domain is "domainname.net" (DOMAINNAME) Account is "DOMAINNAME\Exchange Enterprise Servers" ======================== DC = "ADSER...

AsyncReadComplete with error
Hello, I am trying to download a text file from the web. Under XP it works great, but under Vista I get the following error here: Case vbAsyncStatusCodeError CancelAsyncRead AsyncProp.PropertyName RaiseEvent DownloadError(AsyncProp.PropertyName, vbAsyncStatusCodeError, Err.Description & " " & Err.Number) Err.description is: System Error Err.Number is (0x800C0200L/ -2146696704). I bing'ed it and this code means INET_E_RESULT_DISPATCHED. I tried to understand this result to track down what might be going wrong, but...

CRM Wizard Install Error 401 error
When running the CRM install Wizard receive the following error: The Request Failed with HTTP Status 401: Unauthoriized The workstation is on a vpn connection and can access the Web server in port 80 via IE, but not servername:5555 The workstation is in the same domain as the CRM server Thanks Joseph W wrote: > When running the CRM install Wizard receive the following error: > The Request Failed with HTTP Status 401: Unauthoriized > > The workstation is on a vpn connection and can access the Web server in port > 80 via IE, but not servername:5555 Which kind of 401 error ...

error in equation 'decimal places currency footer'
I got the error message: " error in equation 'decimal places currency footer' " when I try to run the Trial balance report, does any one know what might be the problem? is it because some fields in the report were not set up correctly? any help will be greately appreciated. It means that someone modified the report, somehow that field or equation got changed. Sometimes this can happen when the person modifying the report deletes fields off the report that are used in calculations. If this is in fact a modified report, my suggestion would be to delete it and start fro...

error fowarding email
At times I get an error message when I try to foward an email that has an attachment with it. ...

Exchange 5.5 DS/IS Sync error
I've been tidying up a number of problems in our Exchange environment. We are part way through a migration from NT4/Exch5.5 to Win2k/AD/Exch2k. I am not going to consider Win2003 or Exchange 2003 until I've got a clean migration completed from NT4 / Exch5.5 to Win2k / AD / Exch2k. I've described our environment in full at the bottom of this message. Problem - There are 6 Public Folders for which I see the following error on the Exch5.5 application log, every 15 minutes. (In the error text below, I've replaced our site/company specific names with "generic" names.)...

Outlook 2007 error event id: 35
Per hour i receive about 12'000 of these errors in the event viewer on my vista laptop. And usualy my outlook at some point just goes into the "not responding" mode. Then I have to kill the process from the task manager to be able to reopen outlook just to see it freeze again after a couple of seconds. I tried the whole stop indexing service and reinstall index service procedure to no avail. Does anyone else have a solution to this very anoying problem? Fred putzhilfe@gmail.com <putzhilfe@gmail.com> wrote: > Per hour i receive about 12'000 of these errors in the...

Money 2005 error message
I use Money 2005 and recently when I click on "Connect to Bank" and the updating process starts, I receive the following message - "You cannot perform this operation right now. There is an online operation in progress - try again later." I can then click on "OK" at the bottom of this message and the updating will continue and doesn't appear to be affected by this action. I do not have anything else going on - I have even closed Windows Messager and that makes no difference. I would like to stop this from happening - any suggestions will be apprecia...

Help!!! Pivot table from mac goes totally blank on pc.
I'm trying to port some spreads from a mac to a pc. There are pivot tables on the spreads that refresh fine on mac Excel 2004. But when refreshed using Excel 2003 on windows, the data in all the pivot tables goes totally blank. Is this a known bug, or should it work? Any suggestions as to how do debug the problem? Thanks! ...

Syntax for testing the value of a boolean in integration manager
Hi All I'm imnporting customers to GP10 with IM and I want to set the address ID of the billing address based on a bit field in my DB. I have a field called "InvoiceAddress" which has a user-defined name (e.g. "Billing") I want to put a script on the Bill To Address filed, that checks if the InvoiceAddress field is true. If it is, it sets the address id to the the user defined name (e.g. Billing). I can't figure out how to test if the bit field is true. I've tried: If SourceFields(ImportSource.InvoiceAddress) = True Then .... End if Also tried = -1 = '...

Advanced Filter VBA Help
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C4AE8E.E5D5F550 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello, Currently trying to copy data from one sheet to another. All data in = column "J" is seperated and a new sheet is added for every unique value = in column "J". Right now, only the values of the corresponding rows of = "J" are copied, but I need the formulas and formatting to be copied as = well. Can anyone give me a heads up on how to do this? Thanks so much Sub E...

File lock error
Hello all, We have users that work on MS Publisher 2003 documents on a shared folder. We keep getting an error when multiple users try to access the same file. The error is a file lock error. My question is this - Can MS publisher documents be shared so that multiple users can work on them ?? The NOS is Novell netware 6.5 Sp5. All clients are windows XP. thanks for any help in advance, Martin Reyes LHRIC ...

i need to keep track of volunteer hours for 15 people and make it.
i keep track of volunteer hours. each month i must post hours and need to have them accumulate..in other workds..if they volunteered 3 hours in october and 3 in november, in need the total to automatically read 6 hours total...how do i get started? what chart do i use? In columns A , B,C keep a record of the volunteers. The month is optional but if you keep the names in column A it will be easier. For example Volunteer Month Hours <row 1> Mabel Jones Oct 3 <row 2> Fred Smith Oct 5 .... Mabel Jones Nov 10...

Need to customize invoice
I have a customer who is looking for a very specific invoice layout to include Price Ex VAT and then a total price column based on what the item quantity was. At the base of the invoice would be the subtotal, then discount amount, then total less discount, then total inclusive of VAT. Any ideas how I can get hold of such of thing? My XML is useless so wouldn't be comfortable rejigging the template. Thanks. Hi Tara, I tried customizing the invoice in the RMS but it doesnot give you a whole lot of options like "Grouped" items or alphabetically ordered items. So currently I ...

Help, file bloat
How can I get my Excel file size down? Is there a setting or that wil set the number of columns and rows? I tried deleting them but there ar sooo many. Feel free to email directly (remove ones). Tom TMiller1@MBHomes1.com :eek -- Tom@m ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Tom@mb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2903 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=48763 send me the file and i'll have a look. u cannot lower the file size by deleting already empty cells. if no style is a...

Reinstall of CRM error
I have uninstalled CRM server 1.2 and am now trying to reinstall using the existing databases. I choose the option "use exisiting databases" but get this error during setup: "setup was unable to upgrade the microsoft crm databases failed to run script:00 - create mscr,.sql hresult:80040e14 unkown error (80040e14)". I have read other posts that contain this error but they are trying to install a clean installation of CRM (i.e. database files still exisit). I also only have one Domain Controller. Why is setup trying to run a script that creates new databases when I hav...