Split text into 2 columns

Separate my data into two columns at the first Capital letter?

My data looks like this x 544 lines

aerodrome  A defined area on land or water.
air cargo Freight, mail and express traffic transported by air.
airport  An area of land or water that is used or intended to be used for
landing an aircraft.

Here is an example splittin col A into cols A & B:

Sub capSplit()
Dim v As String, s As String
Set r = Intersect(ActiveSheet.UsedRange, Range("A:A"))
For Each rr In r
    v = rr.Value
    For i = 1 To Len(v)
        s = Mid(v, i, 1)
        If Asc(s) > 64 And Asc(s) < 91 Then
            rr.Value = Left(v, i - 1)
            rr.Offset(0, 1).Value = Mid(v, i)
            Exit For
        End If
    Next
Next
End Sub
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu201001

"LeisaA" wrote:

> Separate my data into two columns at the first Capital letter?
>
> My data looks like this x 544 lines
>
> aerodrome  A defined area on land or water.
> air cargo Freight, mail and express traffic transported by air.
> airport  An area of land or water that is used or intended to be used for
> landing an aircraft.
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!  :)

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

> Here is an example splittin col A into cols A & B:
>
> Sub capSplit()
> Dim v As String, s As String
> Set r = Intersect(ActiveSheet.UsedRange, Range("A:A"))
> For Each rr In r
>     v = rr.Value
>     For i = 1 To Len(v)
>         s = Mid(v, i, 1)
>         If Asc(s) > 64 And Asc(s) < 91 Then
>             rr.Value = Left(v, i - 1)
>             rr.Offset(0, 1).Value = Mid(v, i)
>             Exit For
>         End If
>     Next
> Next
> End Sub
> --
> Gary''s Student - gsnu201001
>

> "LeisaA" wrote:
>
> > Separate my data into two columns at the first Capital letter?
> >
> > My data looks like this x 544 lines
> >
> > aerodrome  A defined area on land or water.
> > air cargo Freight, mail and express traffic transported by air.
> > airport  An area of land or water that is used or intended to be used for
> > landing an aircraft.

curving text #2
I'm making an oval sign for my business and the text must follow the curve of the oval. Can't seem to do it... Give Word Art a try. The "A" icon on the left side of the screen. -- Don - Publisher 2000 Vancouver, USA "Betty Boop" <Betty Boop@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3DD80208-ABEF-45D5-B14A-B088E308CE88@microsoft.com... > I'm making an oval sign for my business and the text must follow the curve > of the oval. Can't seem to do it... I have the an example on my web site. Scroll way down http://msauer.mvps.org/wo...

Split tasks a splitting headache
Inherited another Project IMS. I am noticing right off that the previous scheduler has been starting tasks without their FS preds completing. Yeah, it does show up as a spit bar in the gantt chart. But, does anyone know a way to filter out just task that started before predecessor completion? I'm dealing with several thousand lines. Thanks. -- trailerpup ------------------------------------------------------------------------ trailerpup's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/116596.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/microsoft-project/1290853.htm ...

RMS 2.0 #2
Hi Folks Does anybody know what will be new with version 2.0? Allot of press about Vista but nothing about RMS 2.0! Curious customer!!!!! Danny This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_06DA_01C71CC9.77D76EC0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Danny, They just released updated brochures to resellers last week and I expect = them to be public near the end of December for either a mid January = release or heard Friday, maybe February (because of Vista on Jan 30) --=20 Jeff=20 Check Point Sof...

How to randomly split a whole dataset into two sub-dataset?
Hi, At your possible convenience, might anyone please kindly answer my question? Thank you very much. How to "RANDOMLY" split the whole data set (n=2000) into two sub dataset (n=1000; n=1000) in SPSS or Excel? Thank you very much. Please take care Caroline zencaroline <zencaroline@gmail.com> writes: > How to "RANDOMLY" split the whole data set (n=2000) into two sub > dataset (n=1000; n=1000) in SPSS or Excel? Create a new variable whose value is randomly distributed. Sort the data on this variable. Take the first 1000 cases ...

Why can't I Export selected cells to tab-delimited text file?
This should be an easy thing to do. I'd like to set up a "refreshable" text export, in much the same way that you can set up a "refreshable" text import. Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems that Excel has little in the way of Export capability. Yes, I know there is a slightly more cumbersome way of doing this: copy - open text file - paste - close text file - click "yes" in save dialog. Lisa B. This macro is fairly simple to implement: Public Sub ExportSelectionAsDelimitedFile() Const sDELIM As String = vbTab Const sPATH As...

Update data function across 2 workbooks
My question is, is it possible for data to be ported over 2 workbook just by clicking on the data on the first one via external links? For example, I have 2 workbooks - -catalogue.xls- and -order.xls-. Wha i want is for my customers to be able to look at the items available i -catalogue.xls-, and when they see an item that they want to order, al they have to do is to click on it, and the data in that highlighted ro will be ported over to -order.xls-. Is such a thing even possible? If it is, how shoud I go abou constructing such a spreadsheet? What values shoudl I define, etc etc? thank you...

Separating left and right columns of text evenly
I'd like to use Publisher to re-do a menu. How do I keep the menu prices in an evenly spaced column to the right side of the text box? It would be similar to creating a table of contents, perhaps? -- Bill a table would probably be the easiest -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression "Retired Chief" <RetiredChief@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:79B75A97-4ADD-48E9-A81D-DF527ECE922A@microsoft.com... | I'd like to use Publisher to re-do a menu. How do I keep the menu prices in | an evenly spaced column to the right side of th...

Invisible text in drop down parameter query
Hi Don't know if the subject is explanation or not for what Ive got but here goes I have been trying to build parameter queries with drop down list combo boxes using the following tutorial [url=http://www.fontstuff.com/access/acctut08.htm#dialog]http:// www.fontstuff.com/access/acctut08.htm#dialog[/url] my platform is Access 2003 all was going well until I run the form with combo boxes, I can run query OK but when I choose from my drop-down lists no text is visible until I click in the list and then the selection is visible, I tough this must just be a font color problem, but I cant seem...

Join text
Ok. I will try to explain. I want to join text from several cells and I'm using a function "Sammafoga(A1;a2;a3)" But I want the text to be formatted in the recevied cell, i.e. font size from A1 shall be 18, a2 italic and a3 normal. How do I do that? tnx for your answer Robert -- Robert57 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Robert57's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29838 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=495454 First copy the result of the formula and paste...

Conditional formatting for rows containing text
Is it possible to conditionally format for rows containing certain text? I receive a weekly report of hours and costs from our financial department that I need to sort and enter information into a spreadsheet for actuals vs. budget. This information comes to me with column A looking similar to this: 1234 Sum of Total Hours 1234 Sum of Total Cost 1235 Sum of Total Hours 1235 Sum of Total Cost 1236 Sum of Total Hours 1236 Sum of Total Cost 1237 Sum of Total Hours 1237 Sum of Total Cost with the #'s being different ch...

2 Workflows
I need to create a workflow that, when a field is populated in one entity, will create an Alert prompt to the user as a reminder that they need to edit a field on another entity. And I would also like to know how to create a workflow that will, when a field is populated in one entity, create a new record for another (related) entity. Is this possible? Thank you very much. On Aug 17, 6:49=A0am, Bernardina <d...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I need to create a workflow that, when a field is populated in one entity= , > will create an Alert prompt to the user as a reminde...

Stacked Chart Colours Disappear #2
I have a stacked bar chart. When I view it on my screen it is in color However when I do a print preview or I copy it as a picture it turn into a black and white chart. I can't figure out how to display to ge it to copy in color. I originally thought it had something to with th patterns I was using in my stacked bars, but after removing th patterns, I still have the same problem. What it is going on? R -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Your print preview depends on the printer you have chosen. If you are getting B/W, than yr prt is black and white only. Try choosi...

Multilevel Lists
I am trying to set up the format for a new multilevel list I want it set up so that: Level 1 text: Is ilays bold and black Level 2 text: Is always normal black Level 3 text: is walwys red Where do I set this at? It looks like in the formating for the list I can only edit the font style of the list numbers not the actual text after the numbers. Thanks Link each list level to a distinct style and define the font and paragraph formatting in the style. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Going...

Text box visibility
On my form "Finalise Jobs" i have (amongst other controls), "Date ready" - txtDateReady, "Date Required" - txtDateRequired, "WhyDelayed" - txtWhyDelayed, and a search Combo Box - cboSearch. The following code is attached to txtDateReady :- Private Sub txtDateReady_AfterUpdate() If txtDateReady > Forms![Finalise Jobs].txtDateRequired Then Me.lblWhyDelayed.Visible = True Me.txtWhyDelayed.Visible = True Else Me.lblWhyDelayed.Visible = False Me.txtWhyDelayed.Visible = False End If End Sub and the following...

IMPORTING TEXT DATA
I get emails from a service I use, it gives me client profiles in emails that vary in size and lenght (foregoing zonal OCR) the data in these unstructured emails I would like to extract are separated by semicolons as follows on different zones of the email: Company Name: Jones Furniture Name: Betty Jones Title: Office Manager Address: 123 Main Street City: Home town State: AL zip: 12345 I want to be able to export this data to either Outlook or ACT 2005, I can print to TIF (with a printer driver I purchased) and then OCR using Office 2003 Imaging or I can print to hard copy and then ...

Disabling 1-2-5-10 Minute security
Hello, I 'd like to know if some knows how to disable the "allow permission" to run for 1-2-5-10 minutes from outlook. I have an application the sends messages through outlook but it's becoming an issue. Thanks You may find this page useful: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, Outlook-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup. Mahalo! "Peretz Stern" <peretzstern@verizon.net> wrote in ...

Why is my text hidden behind other cells?
I changed my text to be 90 degrees. When I type, the text only shows in that box. I cannot make it appear OVER the other cells. I need to learn how to 'bring it to front'... if that makes sense. HELP! I don't think you can. The only ways to show all the text would be to either increase the height to the row or merge some cells together. -- Ian -- "dANA" <dANA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:694DF522-46B4-4D66-A1F9-08469E5A7C50@microsoft.com... >I changed my text to be 90 degrees. When I type, the text only shows in >that > box....

sum column with 2 if criteria
=SUMPRODUCT(--('Working Copy'!A3:A1038="WCenterA"),--('Working Copy'!J3:J1038="1"),'Working Copy'!K3:K1038) this is the formula I entered as an array and I get an N/A#. I'm trying to look match 2 criteria and then add the remaining cells in column K. Instead of "WCenterA" I'd like to use a cell reference. I figured a combination of If and SumIF formulas, but couldn't get that to work either! Help!!! Barbara SUMPRODUCT is not an array function. It sounds like you have an #N/A in of 'Working Copy'!K3:K1038. &...

How do I convert text to uppercase?
How do I convert all text in an existing Excel sheet that contains both upper and lower case letters? If a1 is upper then =upper(a1) will return ( UPPER) =lower will return all lower case =proper will capitalize first letter of each wor -- SilverM7 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- SilverM78's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1463 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26264 See my web page http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/proper.htm --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MV...

Display Data On Split Form
Not sure how to ask this but here goes. In AC 2007 I have a split form that I want to display a value that will show regardless of the row I select in the datasheet. This is the number of vacation days one will have through-out the year and of course it changes as vacations days get used up. Any help will be appreciated, James "JamesJ" <jjy@darwin_roadrunner.com> wrote in message news:6A4DFFD9-3302-4A10-B51A-153373D266FD@microsoft.com... > Not sure how to ask this but here goes. > In AC 2007 I have a split form that I want to display a value > that will show regardl...

how do i change hours and minutes into a decimal number? #2
i am trying to turn total flight hrs into a decimal number( ie: 2045hrs 10mins into 2045.10). can anyone help me with a formula which may help in this? time is given HH:MM but i need it turned to HH.M. Hi, The decimal time for 2045h 10m is obtained by multiplying the time by 24 and formatting as general or a number but this will give an answer of 2045.167 and not 2045.1 because .1 of and hour is 6 minutes not 10. Mike "Mills00" wrote: > i am trying to turn total flight hrs into a decimal number( ie: 2045hrs > 10mins into 2045.10). can anyone help me with a formula w...

Count Cells in a particular row w/ text
Hi, Is there a way I can total up all the cells in a range which have any text in them what so ever? Hi, =Counta(A1:A100), will count cells that are not blank if this helps please click yes, thanks "wotanthewanderer@gmail.com" wrote: > Hi, > > Is there a way I can total up all the cells in a range which have any > text in them what so ever? > Try this: =COUNTIF(A1:A10,"*") That counts TEXT only, ignores numbers. =COUNTA(A1:A10) That will count all non-empty cells regardless of data type. -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP <wotanthewanderer@gmail.c...

Convert to Text with Heading on the first line
I have this table named tblTrans and I need to transfer this into MS-DOS Text format. I have used the DoCmd.TransferText command. My table looks like this: CODE | PAYCODE | AMOUNT | 001 001 235 001 001 111 001 001 213 001 001 212 My output should look like this 001111771 001001235 001001111 001001213 001001212 Where the first line should contain 111 as the group code (found in another table named tblGrp) and 771 is the total amount. What do you think should I do with this? I need your help. I would apprecaite w...

Can't find my Front End Folder after database split
I just split my database base to allow for ease of use for multiple users. Ererything, it seemed, went smoothly until i try to find the fron-end folder. It is nowhere to be found. Should it be label ****_fe.mbd like the back end? Please help. Thaanks. It will be called that, unless you typed something else in the save as dialog. I thought it ended up in the same folder as the backend after splitting. Easiest way is to go back to the original and split it again, this time take note of where you save it before you press the button. Jeanette Cunningham "Joe" <Joe@discussi...

Attaching a file "Inline" with text
Hi, This is a pretty simple question, but I can't seem to find the answe anywhere. I am using MS Outlook 2002. It automatically opens Word as the emai editor. Now, I want to attach a file so that it appears as an ico "inline" with the text, and NOT as an entry in the "Attachments" tex box right under "Subject". Note that I don't mean adding the contents of the attached file in th body, but I just want the file to appear as an icon in the body of th email. I know this is possible, as I receive many attachments this way, but can't seem to fin...