Show actual values added instead of cell references? (=A1+A4 shows as =10+2 in cell)

Is there a way to do this via VBA or formula?

I want to show the values that are added instead of the cell
references. Let's say I want to Add use a cell to calculate
=A1+A4...with A1=10 and A4 = 2, I want the cell result to be 12
however the formula to be =10+2 instead of =A1+A4...is this possible?
0
Naji

Check one of your other posts.

--

Dave Peterson
0
On Dec 29, 2:26=A0pm, Dave Peterson <peter...@verizonXSPAM.net> wrote:
> Check one of your other posts.
>
> Naji wrote:
>
> > Is there a way to do this via VBA or formula?
>
> > I want to show the values that are added instead of the cell
> > references. Let's say I want to Add use a cell to calculate
> > =3DA1+A4...with A1=3D10 and A4 =3D 2, I want the cell result to be 12
> > however the formula to be =3D10+2 instead of =3DA1+A4...is this possibl=
e?

> --
>
> Dave Peterson

I did check my other posts. No response :( . Should I delete the two
others before being recognized?
0
Naji
12/29/2009 10:40:21 PM
Why would you want to do this?

Tim

"Naji" <najisaadat@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to do this via VBA or formula?
>
> I want to show the values that are added instead of the cell
> references. Let's say I want to Add use a cell to calculate
> =A1+A4...with A1=10 and A4 = 2, I want the cell result to be 12
> however the formula to be =10+2 instead of =A1+A4...is this possible?

0
Tim

help formula versus value
Hi, I�ve got a problem. I get streaming forex data in cell i2 whenever the data changes I want to trigger a script to check something. I used this script in vb worksheet to trigger it. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Not Intersect(Target, Range("i2")) Is Nothing Then bla bla bla ect. But it only reacts when the actual value changes like when I type something in cell i2. Since there is a formula in i2 to get the streaming data it won�t trigger it. What am I doing wrong?:confused: Thanks for helping -- climax -----------------------------------------...

Print values of a listbox
Is there a way to make a report that prints the values of a form's listbox. I tried making a report in design view to accomplish this. I inserted a listbox in the report and made it bound to the form's listbox, but the report only prints a limited amount of items on the list (those which are visible in the listbox). Is there a way to have the report print all the values of the form's listbox? How is the list box populated? If it's based on a table or query, make a report based on that table or query. If the Row Source Type is a Value List, I don't know.... -- Jerry...

Outlook shows offline during dial up
Having a problem with outlook 2002. Over the WAN everything works fine. Dial up and connect to the network (VPN) internet work fine. Outlook will sync up however, a red x shows up in the bottom right hand corner. Outlook shows offline, I can send and receive but must hit send and receive. I have reloaded the computer from scratch and still have the same problem. Could it be a Excange setting? Any Ideas? Thanks for the help, If you hit File | Connect to Exchange Server what happens? -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize ...

What kind of 2.5" HD adapter do I need?
Hello, I decided to replace HD in my laptop. It is HP Pavilion DV2000. I need some kind of adapter to connect it to my desktop (my desktop have SATA and IDE drives) to clone the old HD to a new one. It says my disk is SATA Serial - but I see it is not regular SATA adapter. Here are pictures of my HD: http://www.evkosystems.kgbinternet.com/PC-problems/HP-test1.jpg http://www.evkosystems.kgbinternet.com/PC-problems/HP-test3.jpg http://www.evkosystems.kgbinternet.com/PC-problems/HP-test4.jpg Any idea what kind adapter do I need? Thanks, Zalek ZalekBloom@hotmail.com wrote:...

analytical accounting lookups should only show valid codes
When entering AA transaction distributions, the code lookup window should only show valid code combinations. It's not intuitive for the user to have to select a code and get an error message to discover which codes are valid. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the mess...

Revert picklist back to original value...javascript
Hi, I have a picklist that, when certain values are selected, will populate the values of other fields. When this happens, a warning pops up telling them that this behavior will happen and the user can pick OK or CANCEL. When the hit CANCEL, it still selects the new picklist value they just selected. Is there a way to have it go back to what was previously selected?? Any help greatly appreciated! Thanks! On Jul 25, 8:00 pm, @VGroupby1 <VGroup...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I have a picklist that, when certain values are selected, will populate the > ...

Show Window
I am currently developing a MFC SDI application. I want to integrate a tray icon with it. When the application is minimized it hides by ShowWindow(SW_HIDE) and then when double clicked on tray icon shown by ShowWindow(SW_SHOWNORMAL). But the problem is if some other application is activated after my application is minimized, ShowWindow shows it but it's behind some screen. I have tried with SetFocus didn't work. Please help me to solve this problem. Thank you. Varuna Try BringWindowToTop. ---- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com In addition to Ajay's idea you can also use SetFor...

Information Stores show dismounted yet mail is still flowing...
Background: Windows AD Mixed moded. Exchange 2003 installed on to a 2 node Microsoft cluster. 1 Front End server...connecting to the primary cluster node. Windows 2003 Standard on, FE Windows 2003 Enterprise Server on BEs (<---cluster) no service packs on either. Exchange has SP1 installed on both nodes and the FE. There are still Exchange 5.5 servers in the environment although they are not being used. The Issue: .....the information stores and public folders all show that they are dismounted...yet email is still flowing into and out of the server without any issues. I just...

Adding a new part number.
If we choose "edit item" and to make a new part number everything is fine. When we choose "New Item" from the Items menu, then choose "standard Item" I get a run time 94 error "invalid use of null" Any thoughts? SJ This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_014A_01C4B158.92936C70 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Run-time Error 94 "Invalid Use of NULL" When Editing Items in QuickSell = 2000 (869936) Confidential Article (The information in ...

Clickable Bar Charts #2
Thank you very much for your help. Your excellent examples have hal helped me - but unfortunately because I am just beginning to teac myself this, I am not sure what to do now. I need the following: ******** If ElementID = xlSeries Then If Arg2 > 0 Then MsgBox "Series " & Arg1 & vbCrLf _ & SeriesCollection(Arg1).Name & vbCrLf _ & "Point " & Arg2 & vbCrLf _ & "X = " & WorksheetFunction.Index _ (SeriesCollection(Arg1).XValues, Arg2) & vbCrLf _ & "Y = " & WorksheetFunction.Index _ (SeriesCollection(Arg...

reminder still shows up
when I run Outlook.exe /cleanreminders it simply opens Outlook, I am running Vista "Toppro" <Toppro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7AE8DBF7-6BE3-454A-82F9-5A040566026C@microsoft.com... > when I run Outlook.exe /cleanreminders it simply opens Outlook, I am > running > Vista Outlook version? The Windows version isn't as important and that of Outlook. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

Printing A5 booklets 2 up on A4
This problem only exists within the new Publisher 2007. Having tried many different combinations of Page Setup and Print Setup there does not appear to be a method of creating an A5 Booklet (folded center), printed 2 up on an A4 page or, 4 up on an A3 page. What was a simple task within every earlier version of Publisher appears to have been missed from the new 2007 version. PLEASE CORRECT THIS ASAP and get a patch out... Thank you ! Note: Printing to a HP 8550 printer with Duplex. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions wi...

Concatenating cell values to create sheet names
I would like to concatenate cell values to create a name that corresponds to a worksheet name and then use that in a formula. Does anyone know how to do this? You can use: =a1&a2 to concatenate a couple of cells. To refer to that in another formula, you'd need something like: =indirect("'" & a1&a2 &"'!A1") or if there's a chance your concatenated string refers to a non-existing worksheet and you want to avoid a #ref! error, you can check first: =IF(ISERROR(CELL("address",INDIRECT("'"&A1&A2&"&#...

Why Excel outlines cells that change?
Lately, Excel seems to outline cells that I change. The outline seems to remain until I cause the window to be update -- for example, scrolling the cells out of view, then into view, or minimizing, then maximizing the window. If this is an option that I can disable, please tell me how. FYI, I am using Excel 2002 (10.4302.4219) SP-2. Unfortunately, I am using an MS Win server that someone else controls. So I do not know what changed to cause this new outline behavior. Hi goto 'Tools - Track changes' and disbale this feature -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Help Me wrot...

Results show as a minus. WHY?
I have an application that was developed by another developer using VB.net which reside in a SQL table. I need to use some of the data from this table, however the data shows as -0.5 or - 0.99 or -1.70 etc in my Access tables. How can I get those numbers to show as a percentage with only one decimal point to the left? Example: 3.6% or 31.4 %. Any help would be greatly appreciated. No matter what I do it shows that dang "-" at the beginning. You can use the Abs function to strip off the negative Abs([YourTable].[YourField]) And you can format that as percentage either using th...

Cell value in formula
Does anybody know if I can report a value in a cell to formula in a another cell. For exampel if the value in A1 is "Sheet2" and a formula in A2 is =LETARAD(B2;'((A1))'!A:B;2;FALSKT) Im not sure what 'Letarad' is called in english, Findrow? /Marcus Hi have a look at the INDIRECT function for this >-----Original Message----- >Does anybody know if I can report a value in a cell to formula in a another cell. > >For exampel if the value in A1 is "Sheet2" >and a formula in A2 is >=LETARAD(B2;'((A1))'!A:B;2;FALSKT) > >Im not su...

Using ajax call to fetch multiple results from multiple queries and showing them 1 by 1 as the results comes.
Hello, I've 20 labels in a 2x10 table on a page. for each label, data comes by individual queries. (total 20 queries for the page.) and it takes about 30-40 seconds for the page to load, and it's not comfortable for the user to see blank page. I want that each cell will show loading.gif images. As and when data comes from query, the images should go visible=false, and the label should display the values one by one. How do I do this task using ajax? Some ASP.NET code example will be helpful for me, as I'm a kind of beginner. Thanks ...

show comments when cell is highlighted Vs when cursor runs over? #2
How do you make the comments appear when the cell is highlighted opposed to when the mouse cursor runs over the cell? You can press Shift/F2, or Insert/Edit Comment. If you wanted to see it "automatically", when you select the cell, you'd need a macro, but I don't think this is what you're asking. Bob Umlas Excel MVP "Don" wrote: > How do you make the comments appear when the cell is highlighted opposed to > when the mouse cursor runs over the cell? To at least Excel 2000, if you have the Tools, Options, Comment Indicator Only you will see the co...

Report Server shows 'Service Unavailable'
Hi, before install, the SRS setup, send me a warning, some like "the Windows Sharepoint Services are install and not permit initialize a Reportserver component" i skip wiht the installation, so.. I can't run http://<localhost>/Reports and http://<localhost>ReportServer show a message "Service Unavailabe", but the ReportServer service is running How initialize that or what do i do? ------=_NextPart_0001_09E699C9 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <Miguel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > before install, the SRS set...

Reverse fold change values
Hi Sorry about the form of this question, I'm not very good at explaining things!! I have compared values in conditionA against condition B. It is a unidirectional comparison in that I cannot compare condition B against conditionA. Say that Condition A has a value of 10 and condition B has a value of 2, I will get a fodl change value of 5, in that Condition A is 5 fold greater than conditionB. However if condition A has a value of 2 and conditionB has a value of 10, then I get a fold value of 0.2, even though the fold change is the same, it's just the direction of the fold cha...

Comments not showing
When a SharePoint workflow is edited and a comment is added. The comment does not display in the workflow status screen under workflow history. It shows as follows: Task assigned to Andre Wessels was completed by System Account. Comments: Instead of: Task assigned to Andre Wessels was completed by System Account. Comments: Please update to the new company logo. This happens for all standard SharePoint workflows (Approval, Collect Feedback). Any custom workflows does show the comment. The comment field is update in the task item. It just does not show. There is no error in t...

Labels on Chart with Negative Value Axis
I have a question about an Excel chart. I have a series of graphs which compare a number of factors relating to "card swipe" data. This relates to data plotting on an X (horizontal) and Y (vertical) axis graph. The X axis represents the month of the year. The Y axis is the "data error rate." Data is stored for each successful and each unsuccessful "swipe." Successful swipes are positive valued while unsuccessful are negative. In some cases all of the values are negative. When these values are plotted Excel inverts the graph the graph and places the labels into t...

Help with Formula #10
I have a table with three columns. Column 1 has dates in it - no problem; column two has a dollar amount added each day; column three is the problem - it adds $0.07 to column two. The formula to do that I have already setup, however, all the cells in column three have a value of $0.07 showing until the value is added to column two. What I would like to do is to keep column three blank until a value is added to column two. How would this be done ? -- Steven. In God we trust, all others we virus scan. "elusiverunner" <elusiverunner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

Substracting numbers in non contigous cells
Hi! I need a formula to substract numbers in non contigous cells THAT ARE IN ONE COLUMN and have the result in other cell, for example: ..=2E.....................A...................B R1..................................BLANKCELL R2..................................BLANKCELL R3..................................15 R4..................................BLANKCELL R5..................................BLANKCELL R6..................60.............75 R8..................................BLANKCELL R9..................................BLANKCELL R10................................BLANKCELL R11...............