Show a named range within a label (not VBA)

I have a sheet that has a  column value which states "Expenses in working
currency".
I would like to have it say "Expenses in USD"  or "Expenses in MXP"
(whatever the currency is).
I have a named range in another sheet, ProjectInformation, that holds the
working currency value.
Not in VBA, but in the sheet I need to say something like: ="Expenses in" &
(ProjectInformation!C9) but this gives me an error.

Help, please.

Thanks.

Rick

0
rick

If I understand your set up correctly, try it this way...

="Expenses in "&ProjectInformation

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"rick" <rstreet@nospam.rogers.com> wrote in message
>I have a sheet that has a  column value which states "Expenses in working
>currency".
> I would like to have it say "Expenses in USD"  or "Expenses in MXP"
> (whatever the currency is).
> I have a named range in another sheet, ProjectInformation, that holds the
> working currency value.
> Not in VBA, but in the sheet I need to say something like: ="Expenses in"
> & (ProjectInformation!C9) but this gives me an error.
>
> Help, please.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Rick

0
Rick

analytical accounting lookups should only show valid codes
When entering AA transaction distributions, the code lookup window should only show valid code combinations. It's not intuitive for the user to have to select a code and get an error message to discover which codes are valid. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the mess...

Outlook shows offline during dial up
Having a problem with outlook 2002. Over the WAN everything works fine. Dial up and connect to the network (VPN) internet work fine. Outlook will sync up however, a red x shows up in the bottom right hand corner. Outlook shows offline, I can send and receive but must hit send and receive. I have reloaded the computer from scratch and still have the same problem. Could it be a Excange setting? Any Ideas? Thanks for the help, If you hit File | Connect to Exchange Server what happens? -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize ...

Highlight specific name
I have a list of street names Is there a way that when I enter in a particular cell the street name (Main St.), all Main street on may list will be highlighted? Thank you for your help. Juran Dave, Thank you for your help. I did as your recommended, and on formating I ask to change the color and put the street name in bold. Bun unfortunately is not working. Rubem >-----Original Message----- >You could use Format|conditional formatting to highlight all the cells that >contain "main st." (not just highlight the characters "main st." themselves. > >If A...

Show Window
I am currently developing a MFC SDI application. I want to integrate a tray icon with it. When the application is minimized it hides by ShowWindow(SW_HIDE) and then when double clicked on tray icon shown by ShowWindow(SW_SHOWNORMAL). But the problem is if some other application is activated after my application is minimized, ShowWindow shows it but it's behind some screen. I have tried with SetFocus didn't work. Please help me to solve this problem. Thank you. Varuna Try BringWindowToTop. ---- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com In addition to Ajay's idea you can also use SetFor...

Information Stores show dismounted yet mail is still flowing...
Background: Windows AD Mixed moded. Exchange 2003 installed on to a 2 node Microsoft cluster. 1 Front End server...connecting to the primary cluster node. Windows 2003 Standard on, FE Windows 2003 Enterprise Server on BEs (<---cluster) no service packs on either. Exchange has SP1 installed on both nodes and the FE. There are still Exchange 5.5 servers in the environment although they are not being used. The Issue: .....the information stores and public folders all show that they are dismounted...yet email is still flowing into and out of the server without any issues. I just...

Display Name in Device Manager
Hi All, When I try to install disk upper filter driver (through INF File) for my USB mass storage device, the device name changes to "Disk Drive". This happens in Win 7, but not in Win XP or Vista. The default disk name is like "ATA XXXX". I want the original name after installing the driver. I do not have "Display Name" in Add Service directive. Which section in the INF handles the change of display name? Any information is helpful. Thanks nd Regards, Kid uba <kid07.uba@gmail.com> wrote: > >When I try to install disk upper filte...

reminder still shows up
when I run Outlook.exe /cleanreminders it simply opens Outlook, I am running Vista "Toppro" <Toppro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7AE8DBF7-6BE3-454A-82F9-5A040566026C@microsoft.com... > when I run Outlook.exe /cleanreminders it simply opens Outlook, I am > running > Vista Outlook version? The Windows version isn't as important and that of Outlook. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

Using ajax call to fetch multiple results from multiple queries and showing them 1 by 1 as the results comes.
Hello, I've 20 labels in a 2x10 table on a page. for each label, data comes by individual queries. (total 20 queries for the page.) and it takes about 30-40 seconds for the page to load, and it's not comfortable for the user to see blank page. I want that each cell will show loading.gif images. As and when data comes from query, the images should go visible=false, and the label should display the values one by one. How do I do this task using ajax? Some ASP.NET code example will be helpful for me, as I'm a kind of beginner. Thanks ...

Named pipe problem
I followed Microsoft's Overlapped sample to create a namedpipe server, but in WaitForMultipleObjects, the first event always occured. It makes me couldn't to send message to other named pipe clients. DWORD dwWait, cbBytes, dwErr; BOOL fSuccess; LPTSTR lpszPipename = _T("\\\\.\\pipe\\eventpipe"); for (int j = 0; j < MAX_PIPECLIENTS; j++) { // Create an event instances m_log.WriteMessage(_T("Create Events")); m_hPipeEvents[j] = CreateEvent( NULL, // no security attribute TRUE, // manual-reset event FALSE, // initial state = signa...

How to tell odbc datasource name for existing Excel file
I have an Excel file that connects to an Access database through an odbc connection on the user's machine. A new user is trying to run this file and I need to set up an odbc datasource on his machine. The problem is that I don't know what the excel file is expecting the name of the datasource to be. I get the standard "Data source name not found and no default driver specified" when I try to refresh the report data. Can I get the Excel file to tell me what the name of the datasource is? Thanks, Walter Walt, I have the same problem. Were you able to find a solu...

Want to modify this procedure to have a range of periods rather than a single period
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00BF_01CB206B.89E3AC60 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have the procedure below I want simply modify the periods procedure below to be -- perpost >=3D = '201001' and <=3D '201012' so I want a range of periods rather than a = single period as in the example below I would really appreciate it if someone can help me out on this. Thanks=20 Sammy USE DEMOAPP Declare @perpost nvarchar(8) /* Do not edit Above=20 ...

Results show as a minus. WHY?
I have an application that was developed by another developer using VB.net which reside in a SQL table. I need to use some of the data from this table, however the data shows as -0.5 or - 0.99 or -1.70 etc in my Access tables. How can I get those numbers to show as a percentage with only one decimal point to the left? Example: 3.6% or 31.4 %. Any help would be greatly appreciated. No matter what I do it shows that dang "-" at the beginning. You can use the Abs function to strip off the negative Abs([YourTable].[YourField]) And you can format that as percentage either using th...

Concatenating cell values to create sheet names
I would like to concatenate cell values to create a name that corresponds to a worksheet name and then use that in a formula. Does anyone know how to do this? You can use: =a1&a2 to concatenate a couple of cells. To refer to that in another formula, you'd need something like: =indirect("'" & a1&a2 &"'!A1") or if there's a chance your concatenated string refers to a non-existing worksheet and you want to avoid a #ref! error, you can check first: =IF(ISERROR(CELL("address",INDIRECT("'"&A1&A2&"&#...

show comments when cell is highlighted Vs when cursor runs over? #2
How do you make the comments appear when the cell is highlighted opposed to when the mouse cursor runs over the cell? You can press Shift/F2, or Insert/Edit Comment. If you wanted to see it "automatically", when you select the cell, you'd need a macro, but I don't think this is what you're asking. Bob Umlas Excel MVP "Don" wrote: > How do you make the comments appear when the cell is highlighted opposed to > when the mouse cursor runs over the cell? To at least Excel 2000, if you have the Tools, Options, Comment Indicator Only you will see the co...

I need to type numbers into an excel spreadsheet some of them begin with a zero some do not. How can I have excel show the 0 in the numbers that begin with 0. If I type 0236547 the number shows as 236547. I don't want all the numbers I type to begin with zero. I am using Excel 2003. Thanks very much for your help. Best regards, Dee use a custom format with how ever many digits you need, 000000 -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "Dee" <Dee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA60FC8A-C7CB-432A-B2B2-EEEBF86D2646@microsoft.com... >...

Labels on Chart with Negative Value Axis
I have a question about an Excel chart. I have a series of graphs which compare a number of factors relating to "card swipe" data. This relates to data plotting on an X (horizontal) and Y (vertical) axis graph. The X axis represents the month of the year. The Y axis is the "data error rate." Data is stored for each successful and each unsuccessful "swipe." Successful swipes are positive valued while unsuccessful are negative. In some cases all of the values are negative. When these values are plotted Excel inverts the graph the graph and places the labels into t...

Report Server shows 'Service Unavailable'
Hi, before install, the SRS setup, send me a warning, some like "the Windows Sharepoint Services are install and not permit initialize a Reportserver component" i skip wiht the installation, so.. I can't run http://<localhost>/Reports and http://<localhost>ReportServer show a message "Service Unavailabe", but the ReportServer service is running How initialize that or what do i do? ------=_NextPart_0001_09E699C9 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <Miguel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > before install, the SRS set...

Comments not showing
When a SharePoint workflow is edited and a comment is added. The comment does not display in the workflow status screen under workflow history. It shows as follows: Task assigned to Andre Wessels was completed by System Account. Comments: Instead of: Task assigned to Andre Wessels was completed by System Account. Comments: Please update to the new company logo. This happens for all standard SharePoint workflows (Approval, Collect Feedback). Any custom workflows does show the comment. The comment field is update in the task item. It just does not show. There is no error in t...

Show more time in weekly view?
Outlook 2007 On default the weekly view is only showing until 4 PM without scrolling down. I know there is a way to let you see into the evening hours also without scrolling. Help please. Thanks... Bob ...

name change #2
how can I change the name that appears in the from box when I send mail? current name was misspelled and need to correct -- Richard Ator Natty Flatt USA http://nattyflatt.blogspot.com/ Always remember before you can become old and wise you must be young and stupid. I'm stuck somewhere in between. Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional. Open Outlook, choose E-mail Accounts from the Tools drop down menu. Check View or change existing e-mail accounrs. Click Next. Select (highlight) the account that you wish to change. Then click on the Change button. Change your name. (Y...

How to change existing table record value by VBA and How to add new record in existing table by VBA
Hi all, I got table in my database with name "tbldata" and i have two fields in that table with the name "Ticket_No" and "Amount". In "Ticket_No" filed column i have value "SD001" and in same row of "Amount" column i have figure "50". With VBA how can i lookup for value "SD001" in "Ticket_No" field and change figure "50" to "30" which is appearing in same row of "Amount" column field. My other question is that how can i add new record in same table with VBA. I want...

Possible to add second data label to pie chart?
I am trying to automate a large number of charts. The problem I am having is adding a second label to a pie chart. I have added the name of the slice and its percentage but I'd like to add an additional lable centered in the slice with its point change from last year. I can do this by hand with text boxes but its a real pain. Is there a way to add a label that changes based on what I put into a cell? Here is an example of what I am trying to do. [image: http://www.bgphc.com/picture/chart-example.gif] -- jpwolf00 --------------------------------------------------------------------...

TransparentBlt doesn't show the bitmap in ME?
The following doesn't print the bitmap on ME while it works on 2k/xp, can someone help me? Though the status returns TRUE. Thanks. Jiac. CDC *hdc, bghdc; CBitmap bgBitmap; BITMAP bmpInfo; //loads bitmap into memory bgBitmap.LoadBitmap(IDB_BITMAP5); // this bitmap has no needles // get bitmap info bgBitmap.GetBitmap(&bmpInfo); hdc = m_obj->GetDC(); bghdc.CreateCompatibleDC(hdc); bghdc.SelectObject(&bgBitmap); BOOL status = hdc->TransparentBlt(0, 0, 80, 80, &bghdc, 0, 0, 80, 80, TRANSPARENT_KEY_COLOR); //TRANSPARENT_KEY_COLOR if (st...

Clear Data>Security Resource Description table not showing in list
GPv10 Logged in as sa. Go to Maint. >Clear Data>System and in the Tables list the Security Resource Description table is not there. Is there something I need to do to get access to that table? Thanks. Gi Never mind....I figured it out. You have to change the Display to Physical....Duh!! ...