Selecting a Range of Columns for Variable Rows

I want to do something like this:
Select a sheet
for row=3 to 17
select cells A:F
copy the cells
Select A2 on another sheet
Paste what I copied.
Shift down 1 row
next row.

I have verything down pretty well except selecting A:F for each row as it
comes up.
I would appreciate any help you can give me.
Thanks.
--
BillR

It would be helpful if you post the code you have so far.  It helps to fill
in the gaps in your narrative.

"BillR" <BillR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I want to do something like this:
> Select a sheet
> for row=3 to 17
> select cells A:F
> copy the cells
> Select A2 on another sheet
> Paste what I copied.
> Shift down 1 row
> next row.
>
> I have verything down pretty well except selecting A:F for each row as it
> comes up.
> I would appreciate any help you can give me.
> Thanks.
> --
> BillR

0
JLGWhiz
4/14/2010 5:03:05 PM
Hi

Here's a way:

Dim DestCell As Range
Set DestCell = Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("A2")

For rw = 3 To 17
    With Worksheets("Sheet1")
        .Range("A" & rw & ":F" & rw).Copy Destination:=DestCell
    End With
    Set DestCell = DestCell.Offset(1, 0)
Next

Or  it can be done with this one-line statement:

Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A3:F17").Copy Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("A2")

Regards,
Per

"BillR" <BillR@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i meddelelsen
> I want to do something like this:
> Select a sheet
> for row=3 to 17
> select cells A:F
> copy the cells
> Select A2 on another sheet
> Paste what I copied.
> Shift down 1 row
> next row.
>
> I have verything down pretty well except selecting A:F for each row as it
> comes up.
> I would appreciate any help you can give me.
> Thanks.
> --
> BillR

0
Per
4/14/2010 5:08:16 PM
Here is the code. It works, but I have been unable to select more than one
column at a time. This causes much flicker on the screen and looks like I
have absolutely no idea what I am doing. I think that may be right.

Sheets("CARBWORKSHEET").Select
counter = 3
    For counter = 3 To 17
' Sheets("CARBWORKSHEET").Select
If Worksheets("CARBWORKSHEET").Cells(counter, 4).Value > 0 Then
    For col = 1 To 6
        Sheets("CARBWORKSHEET").Select
        Set curCell = Worksheets("CARBWORKSHEET").Cells(counter, col)
        curCell.Select
        Selection.Copy
        Sheets("DailyRecord").Select
        Set newcell = Worksheets("DailyRecord").Cells(2, col)
        newcell.Select
        Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValuesAndNumberFormats,
Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks:=True, Transpose:=False
        Application.CutCopyMode = False
        With Selection
        .HorizontalAlignment = xlLeft
        .VerticalAlignment = xlBottom
        End With
        With Selection.Interior
        .Pattern = xlNone
        .TintAndShade = 0
        .PatternTintAndShade = 0
        End With
    Next col
Else
    col = 1
End If
Set skipcell = Worksheets("DailyRecord").Cells(2, 4)
If skipcell.Value > 0 Then
    Sheets("DailyRecord").Select
    Rows("2:2").Select
    Selection.Insert Shift:=xlDown
    Selection.ClearFormats
    End If
Next counter

--
BillR

"JLGWhiz" wrote:

> It would be helpful if you post the code you have so far.  It helps to fill
> in the gaps in your narrative.
>

> "BillR" <BillR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I want to do something like this:
> > Select a sheet
> > for row=3 to 17
> > select cells A:F
> > copy the cells
> > Select A2 on another sheet
> > Paste what I copied.
> > Shift down 1 row
> > next row.
> >
> > I have verything down pretty well except selecting A:F for each row as it
> > comes up.
> > I would appreciate any help you can give me.
> > Thanks.
> > --
> > BillR
>

> .

I believe this will cover everything.  If not, post back.
Your code indicated that Column D was tested for a value
greater than zero and if found, copy to a second sheet with
the objective being to copy columns A thru F of that row to
the second sheet and to remove any cell coloring if it existed.
The last part of your code appeared to test for any entries that
might have been pasted to row two of the second sheet and if found
insert a row to move the data downward.  This code attempts to
cover all of those items.  Good luck.

  Dim sh1 As Worksheet, sh2 As Worksheet
   Dim rng As Range, cRng As Range, lr As Long

    Set sh1 = Sheets("CARBWORKSHEET")
    Set sh2 = Sheets("DailyRecord")
    Set rng = sh1.Range("D3:D17")

    For Each c In rng
       If c.Value > 0 Then
          Set cRng = sh1.Range("A" &c.Row & ":F" & c.Row)
          lr = sh2.Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row
          If lr < 2 Then lr = 2
          cRng.Copy sh2.Range("A" & lr + 1)
          sh2.Range("A" & lr + 1).EntireRow.Interior.Pattern = xlNone
        End If
     Next

P.S.  The flicker and flash should also be gone.

> Here is the code. It works, but I have been unable to select more than one
> column at a time. This causes much flicker on the screen and looks like I
> have absolutely no idea what I am doing. I think that may be right.
>
> Sheets("CARBWORKSHEET").Select
> counter = 3
>    For counter = 3 To 17
> ' Sheets("CARBWORKSHEET").Select
> If Worksheets("CARBWORKSHEET").Cells(counter, 4).Value > 0 Then
>    For col = 1 To 6
>        Sheets("CARBWORKSHEET").Select
>        Set curCell = Worksheets("CARBWORKSHEET").Cells(counter, col)
>        curCell.Select
>        Selection.Copy
>        Sheets("DailyRecord").Select
>        Set newcell = Worksheets("DailyRecord").Cells(2, col)
>        newcell.Select
>        Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValuesAndNumberFormats,
> Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks:=True, Transpose:=False
>        Application.CutCopyMode = False
>        With Selection
>        .HorizontalAlignment = xlLeft
>        .VerticalAlignment = xlBottom
>        End With
>        With Selection.Interior
>        .Pattern = xlNone
>        .TintAndShade = 0
>        .PatternTintAndShade = 0
>        End With
>    Next col
> Else
>    col = 1
> End If
> Set skipcell = Worksheets("DailyRecord").Cells(2, 4)
> If skipcell.Value > 0 Then
>    Sheets("DailyRecord").Select
>    Rows("2:2").Select
>    Selection.Insert Shift:=xlDown
>    Selection.ClearFormats
>    End If
> Next counter
>
> --
> BillR
>

> "JLGWhiz" wrote:
>
>> It would be helpful if you post the code you have so far.  It helps to
>> fill
>> in the gaps in your narrative.
>>

>> "BillR" <BillR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I want to do something like this:
>> > Select a sheet
>> > for row=3 to 17
>> > select cells A:F
>> > copy the cells
>> > Select A2 on another sheet
>> > Paste what I copied.
>> > Shift down 1 row
>> > next row.
>> >
>> > I have verything down pretty well except selecting A:F for each row as
>> > it
>> > comes up.
>> > I would appreciate any help you can give me.
>> > Thanks.
>> > --
>> > BillR
>>

>> .

0
JLGWhiz
4/14/2010 10:19:33 PM
It not only solved the problem, it eliminated nearly a page of code. Thanks
for the help and rapid response.
--
BillR

"JLGWhiz" wrote:

> [...]
> >        End With
> >        With Selection.Interior
> >        .Pattern = xlNone
> >        .TintAndShade = 0
> >        .PatternTintAndShade = 0
> >        End With
> >    Next col
> > Else
> >    col = 1
> > End If
> > Set skipcell = Worksheets("DailyRecord").Cells(2, 4)
> > If skipcell.Value > 0 Then
> >    Sheets("DailyRecord").Select
> >    Rows("2:2").Select
> >    Selection.Insert Shift:=xlDown
> >    Selection.ClearFormats
> >    End If
> > Next counter
> >
> > --
> > BillR
> >

> > "JLGWhiz" wrote:
> >
> >> It would be helpful if you post the code you have so far.  It helps to

Glad I could help.

> [...]
>> >        Selection.Copy
>> >        Sheets("DailyRecord").Select
>> >        Set newcell = Worksheets("DailyRecord").Cells(2, col)
>> >        newcell.Select
>> >        Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValuesAndNumberFormats,
>> > Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks:=True, Transpose:=False
>> >        Application.CutCopyMode = False
>> >        With Selection
>> >        .HorizontalAlignment = xlLeft
>> >        .VerticalAlignment = xlBottom
>> >        End With
>> >        With Selection.Interior
>> >        .Pattern = xlNone
>> >        .TintAndShade = 0
>> >        .PatternTintAndShade = 0
>> >        End With
>> >    Next col
>> > Else
>> >    col = 1
>> > End If
>> > Set skipcell = Worksheets("DailyRecord").Cells(2, 4)

0
JLGWhiz

Run report on multi selected records.

Can't select objects in Excel 2007

Function to multiple ranges
Which function may be used with multiple ranges? Commonly used "lookups", "index" and "match" don't seem to work. Is there a trick in multiple ranges? Tomek Polak Some functions work, others don't. INDEX has a 4th argument that allows you to specify the area (which of the multiple ranges). The lookup and match functions require a single contiguous block of cells. On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 14:19:08 +0100, "Tomek" <tpolak@poczta.onet.pl> wrote: >Which function may be used with multiple ranges? > >Commonly used "lookups",...

Vertical line on column chart with monthly data
I am attempting to add a vertical line to a dynamic column chart. I've followed the steps described by Jon Peltier at http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLineVertSeries.html This procedure works fine until I change the base unit on the x-axis to "Days." This causes the columns to turn into vertical lines (since each monthly observation is really for, e.g., 6/1/2007). If I leave the x-axis as monthly and then add the secondary x-axis for the vertical (xy scatter) line, the scale on the secondary x-axis goes from 1/1/1900 - 12/1/2036, which shoves my vertical line far t...

Automatic Row Numbering W/O AutoNumber
Is there a way to make an automatic database table row numbering system without using AutoNumber? I’m trying to make an automatic row numbering system with a certain format that automatically increases for every record entered. Ex. The row numbering will be in this format “0000-00”. The first 4 digits will be the current row number in sequential order, after will be “-“, and the last two digits will be the current year “07”. Thanks -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access/200707/1 Recognize that you're trying to stuff 2 separate pie...

Compare 2 rows of data and update the first
I have 2 lists both have the same data in each (account names). Th first list is the master and the second list is a new accounts list. I would like to compare the second list to the first one and if th account is not in the first list then I would like it added to list 1. The second list changes frequently so I am looking to automate thi process. I am able to do vlookups to check for matches but I am unsure of how t perform the additional tasks of updating. Is there a simple solution with formulas or do I need to insert macro/program? thank you for your time and help, Bob -- Message ...

Counting number of dates in a column
Hi - Is there a way to count the number of dates in a column that contains both text and dates ? thanks, Rick Hi Rick try =SUMPRODUCT(--(ISNUMBER(A1:A1000))) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Rick wrote: > Hi - Is there a way to count the number of dates in a > column that contains both text and dates ? > > thanks, > > Rick Thanks Frank ! Quick question - what do the two dashes do in the formula? thx Rick >-----Original Message----- >Hi Rick >try >=SUMPRODUCT(--(ISNUMBER(A1:A1000))) > >-- >Regards >Frank Kabel >Frankfurt, G...

How do I have stacked columns and a reg col. on same chart?
I have three variables - payroll expenses, vendor expenses, and management fees. I want payroll and vendor to be on top of eachother, and management to be next to them. Can anyone help? Please? "Kat" wrote: > I have three variables - payroll expenses, vendor expenses, and management > fees. I want payroll and vendor to be on top of eachother, and management to > be next to them. Can anyone help? Hi, Have a look at Jon's page which has a collection of links to examples of how to produce clustered stacked charts. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/Clus...

Autofilter header row
My experience has been that the first row is where the controls (down arrow) appear when autofilter is invoked. But I've now been sent a spreadsheet (just unformatted data in a large table) where the autofilter chooses the second row. I've compared the new spreadsheet with previous versions and don't see any difference in layout, etc. What can be causing this problem? Is there something "invisible" that tells Excel which is the header row for the data to be filtered? If I select row 1 and then click autofilter, the controls do appear on row 1 but otherwi...

Select contact then hangs

CListCtrl: Changing the Column Header Layout
Hi all, I'm using a CListCtrl and I need another layout of the column header, especially - 2 lines of header text - changed background and forground colours - changeable y-Size I that possible? I cannot find any information about. Thanks in advance Richard You should be able to get the header control and do anything with it you want. Go to the MSDN, look under the topic "ClistCtrl class", and about 17 subitems into it there is a topic called "header controls" which explains all this. GetHeaderCtrl is what you are looking for. joe On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 13:58...

Selecting rows from various sheets

select text in Calendar

x-axis range
How do I get the x-axis to be a range of "values" instead of "categories"? I am trying to do a line chart with values over a % range, but I do not have values evenly spaced over the entire range (The chart is asymptotic and I only need to see values from 0 to 40 or so) e.g.: X Y 0.5% 28.8% 1% 44.8% 2% 62.2% 5% 80.9% 10% 89.9% 15% 93.4% 20% 95.3% 35% 97.7% I get the X axis evenly spaced in 8 categories. Seems like older versions of Excel (I am using Office XP/2002) allowed me to set the range and divisions within the range. How do I handle this now? ...

Link select with a blast

How do I convert a column from USD to GBP
I am trying to convert a column of USD figures in excel into GBP then I want to add 92% - is there a formula I can use? with your value in A1, in B1 enter: =A1+(A1*.92) format as Currency and select the GBP currency Symbol HTH Bruce -- swatsp0p ------------------------------------------------------------------------ swatsp0p's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15101 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=383116 Hi Lisa, Image you have the exchange rage (i.e. the number of dollars in a pound) in cell B2 and ...

How do I add different ranges in a column together?
I have a large column of numbers and need to select random numbers that I need to total. Rather than adidng one cell at a time. How do I add multiple ranges within the column together? Thank you If they're ranges (as in groups of consecutive cells) you can use SUM, as in =sum(a1:a5,a20:a43, ... ). If they're cells that are selected based on the value of some other cell in the same row, you can use sumif: =sumif(b:b,"Selection",a:a) would add the values in column A of the rows where column B is equal to "Selection". If it's really pretty random, I'...

Stop named ranges being copied
I want to copy a worksheet from one workbook to another. But I do not want to copy the named ranges associated with the first workbook to the second. How do I prevent named ranges being copied when I move sheets. >>How do I prevent named ranges being copied when I move sheets. You can't. A named range is just as much a part of a sheet as anything else. Delete the name(s) after you copy a sheet. -- Jim <bmatheson@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1183722346.818571.213860@q75g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... >I want to copy a worksheet from one workbook to another. > >...

Select Case in a Change Event

Two-Column problem
Using Arrange, Layout Guides, I set up Publisher 2002 with two columns per page and with two master pages with mirrored guides. For the first 11 pages, text flowed as expected. That is, each new pair of pages had two textboxes per page. But now, when I add a pair of pages, Publisher gives me guides for two columns per page but gives me only one page-wide textbox per page, not two. How do I force Publisher to give me two textboxes per page, as it did for the first 11 pages? (I might be missing something obvious. I haven't used Publisher in several years.) Thanks. Charley After mana...

Select Records based another table...

Transferring a two column excel file into outlook
Is there a simple way to transfer an excel file which has two columns ,one for names the other for phone numbers, into my outlook address book? I have a excel file with over a hundred such entries and would rather not enter them individually, surly there is a simple way to do this. Any suggestions? Condo <theCONDOmanager@gmail.com> wrote: > Is there a simple way to transfer an excel file which has two > columns ,one for names the other for phone numbers, into my outlook > address book? I have a excel file with over a hundred such entries > and would rather not enter them in...