Select range from ActiveCell do to Lastcell

From Leith Ross 2/7/2006

Dim EndCell As Range
Set EndCell = ActiveSheet.Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp)
ActiveSheet.Range(ActiveCell, EndCell).ClearContents

If I change the A to an N it selects a range from ActiveCell down to last
entry in Column N.
My ActiveCell is in Column A  but Column N may not have data down to the
last cell as in Column A

How do I select a range of cells from an ActiveCell in column A across to
Column N and down to last data cell in column A

--
Thank you

Aussie Bob C
Little cost to carry knowledge with you.
Win XP P3 Office 2007 on Mini Mac using VMware.
-1

Dim EndCell As Range
Dim FirstRow as Integer
Dim LastRow as Integer
FirstRow = ActiveSheet.ActiveCell.Row
LastRow  ActiveSheet.Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row

Set DataRange = ActiveSheet.Range("N" & FirstRow & ":N" & LastRow)
DataRange.ClearContents

--
joel
joel's Profile: 229

[url="http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/"]Excel Live Chat[/url]

-1
joel
3/11/2010 11:08:38 AM
Hi,

Try this with the usual caveat that it is very unlikely you need to select
the range to do what you want. The last line could simply be

MyRangeA.ClearContents

Dim MyRangeA As Range
Dim LastRowA As Long
LastRowA = Cells(Cells.Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row
Set MyRangeA = Range("A" & ActiveCell.Row & ":N" & LastRowA)
MyRangeA.Select
--
Mike

question.

"Aussie Bob C" wrote:

> From Leith Ross 2/7/2006
>
> Dim EndCell As Range
> Set EndCell = ActiveSheet.Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp)
> ActiveSheet.Range(ActiveCell, EndCell).ClearContents
>
> If I change the A to an N it selects a range from ActiveCell down to last
> entry in Column N.
> My ActiveCell is in Column A  but Column N may not have data down to the
> last cell as in Column A
>
> How do I select a range of cells from an ActiveCell in column A across to
> Column N and down to last data cell in column A
>
> --
> Thank you
>
> Aussie Bob C
> Little cost to carry knowledge with you.
> Win XP P3 Office 2007 on Mini Mac using VMware.
Hello Aussie Bob,

Whether you use the If/Else/EndIf is up to you but I should think that you
would not want code selecting the range if you have not previously selected a
cell in the correct column.

Having said that, normally with code it is not necessary to actually select
ranges but not knowing what you are doing with the code it is hard to advise
the best way for your particular case.

Sub SelectSpecific()

Dim lastRow As Long

With ActiveSheet
  If ActiveCell.Column = Columns("A").Column Then
    lastRow = .Cells(.Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row
    .Range(ActiveCell, .Cells(lastRow, "N")).Select
  Else
    MsgBox "Activecell not in column A"
  End If
End With

End Sub

--
Regards,

OssieMac

"Aussie Bob C" wrote:

> From Leith Ross 2/7/2006
>
> Dim EndCell As Range
> Set EndCell = ActiveSheet.Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp)
> ActiveSheet.Range(ActiveCell, EndCell).ClearContents
>
> If I change the A to an N it selects a range from ActiveCell down to last
> entry in Column N.
> My ActiveCell is in Column A  but Column N may not have data down to the
> last cell as in Column A
>
> How do I select a range of cells from an ActiveCell in column A across to
> Column N and down to last data cell in column A
>
> --
> Thank you
>
> Aussie Bob C
> Little cost to carry knowledge with you.
> Win XP P3 Office 2007 on Mini Mac using VMware.
Hi Bob

Dim lr as long, fr as long
with activesheet
fr=activecell.row
lr = cells(Rows.count("A").End(Xlup).Row
range("A" & fr & ":N" & lr).clearcontents
end with

--
Regards
Roger Govier

Aussie Bob C wrote:
> From Leith Ross 2/7/2006
>
> Dim EndCell As Range
> Set EndCell = ActiveSheet.Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp)
> ActiveSheet.Range(ActiveCell, EndCell).ClearContents
>
> If I change the A to an N it selects a range from ActiveCell down to last
> entry in Column N.
> My ActiveCell is in Column A  but Column N may not have data down to the
> last cell as in Column A
>
> How do I select a range of cells from an ActiveCell in column A across to
> Column N and down to last data cell in column A

0
Roger
3/11/2010 11:25:55 AM
This should do it:

Sub test()
Dim EndCell As Range
Set EndCell = Cells(ActiveSheet.Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp), "N")
ActiveSheet.Range(ActiveCell, EndCell).ClearContents
End Sub

Mike F
"Aussie Bob C" <AussieBobC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> From Leith Ross 2/7/2006
>
> Dim EndCell As Range
> Set EndCell = ActiveSheet.Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp)
> ActiveSheet.Range(ActiveCell, EndCell).ClearContents
>
> If I change the A to an N it selects a range from ActiveCell down to last
> entry in Column N.
> My ActiveCell is in Column A  but Column N may not have data down to the
> last cell as in Column A
>
> How do I select a range of cells from an ActiveCell in column A across to
> Column N and down to last data cell in column A
>
> --
> Thank you
>
> Aussie Bob C
> Little cost to carry knowledge with you.
> Win XP P3 Office 2007 on Mini Mac using VMware.

0
Mike
3/11/2010 11:31:32 AM
Hi OssieMac

Thanks for the code with the If/Else/Endif safety added.
Just what I needed.

--

"OssieMac" wrote:

> Hello Aussie Bob,
>
> Whether you use the If/Else/EndIf is up to you but I should think that you
> would not want code selecting the range if you have not previously selected a
> cell in the correct column.
>
> Having said that, normally with code it is not necessary to actually select
> ranges but not knowing what you are doing with the code it is hard to advise
> the best way for your particular case.
>
> Sub SelectSpecific()
>
> Dim lastRow As Long
>
> With ActiveSheet
>   If ActiveCell.Column = Columns("A").Column Then
>     lastRow = .Cells(.Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row
>     .Range(ActiveCell, .Cells(lastRow, "N")).Select
>   Else
>     MsgBox "Activecell not in column A"
>   End If
> End With
>
> End Sub
>

> --
> Regards,
>
> OssieMac
>

> "Aussie Bob C" wrote:
>
> > From Leith Ross 2/7/2006
> >
> > Dim EndCell As Range
> > Set EndCell = ActiveSheet.Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp)
> > ActiveSheet.Range(ActiveCell, EndCell).ClearContents
> >
> > If I change the A to an N it selects a range from ActiveCell down to last
> > entry in Column N.
> > My ActiveCell is in Column A  but Column N may not have data down to the
> > last cell as in Column A
> >
> > How do I select a range of cells from an ActiveCell in column A across to
> > Column N and down to last data cell in column A
> >
> > --
> > Thank you
> >
> > Aussie Bob C
> > Little cost to carry knowledge with you.
> > Win XP P3 Office 2007 on Mini Mac using VMware.

Run report on multi selected records.

Can't select objects in Excel 2007

Function to multiple ranges
Which function may be used with multiple ranges? Commonly used "lookups", "index" and "match" don't seem to work. Is there a trick in multiple ranges? Tomek Polak Some functions work, others don't. INDEX has a 4th argument that allows you to specify the area (which of the multiple ranges). The lookup and match functions require a single contiguous block of cells. On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 14:19:08 +0100, "Tomek" <tpolak@poczta.onet.pl> wrote: >Which function may be used with multiple ranges? > >Commonly used "lookups",...

Select contact then hangs

Selecting rows from various sheets

select text in Calendar

x-axis range
How do I get the x-axis to be a range of "values" instead of "categories"? I am trying to do a line chart with values over a % range, but I do not have values evenly spaced over the entire range (The chart is asymptotic and I only need to see values from 0 to 40 or so) e.g.: X Y 0.5% 28.8% 1% 44.8% 2% 62.2% 5% 80.9% 10% 89.9% 15% 93.4% 20% 95.3% 35% 97.7% I get the X axis evenly spaced in 8 categories. Seems like older versions of Excel (I am using Office XP/2002) allowed me to set the range and divisions within the range. How do I handle this now? ...

Link select with a blast

How do I add different ranges in a column together?
I have a large column of numbers and need to select random numbers that I need to total. Rather than adidng one cell at a time. How do I add multiple ranges within the column together? Thank you If they're ranges (as in groups of consecutive cells) you can use SUM, as in =sum(a1:a5,a20:a43, ... ). If they're cells that are selected based on the value of some other cell in the same row, you can use sumif: =sumif(b:b,"Selection",a:a) would add the values in column A of the rows where column B is equal to "Selection". If it's really pretty random, I'...

Stop named ranges being copied
I want to copy a worksheet from one workbook to another. But I do not want to copy the named ranges associated with the first workbook to the second. How do I prevent named ranges being copied when I move sheets. >>How do I prevent named ranges being copied when I move sheets. You can't. A named range is just as much a part of a sheet as anything else. Delete the name(s) after you copy a sheet. -- Jim <bmatheson@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1183722346.818571.213860@q75g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... >I want to copy a worksheet from one workbook to another. > >...

Select Case in a Change Event

Select Records based another table...

How to freeze a range in excel 2003and 2007
I want to freeze a group of cells in excel 2007 but when I click on the freeze panes, top row or first column: nothing happens- I mean it scrolls up and down. Also is there anyway I can print an excel worksheet which is several pages long and still have the headings (which is in say the first 3 rows ie A1 - E1 down to A3 - E3) printed on each page? Lets say the headings are on only page 1 but i want it to be on page 2,3,4 to the last page when printed. Can freezing do that? Thanks. Hi In order the Freeze Panes, your cursor needs to be one cell below, and one cell the the right of the Row an...

Multi-Select List Box Does Not Retain Selected Items
I created an Outlook Form in 2003. But when I select items in the list box they do not remain select when I select another control on the form. Any suggestions? Did you bind the list box to a keywords field? -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "kaykay" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:276dd01c4638d$bd5af590$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I created an Outlook Form in 2003. But when I select > items i...

excel to powerpoint- misalignment of ranges
I have an excel charts which i then paste on powerpoint using the code from Jon Peltier's website. On most charts this works terrific. On some of my charts, in excel I previously copyied a range and pasted it inside the chart. When these charts are pasted into powerpoint the segment which was pasted as a range, becomes misaligned and slides to the left. any solutions would be appreicated. thks ken ...

VBA
I am very new to VBA and access and have a question regarding a SELECT statement. I am going to run a select (recordset - so I can loop through and process each record) but on my SELECT I want to make sure I return at least 20 rows, otherwise I am going to change my WHERE clause to include more rows. Is there an easy way to do this or do I need to just do an inital SELECT COUNT(*) and then decide which WHERE clause to use?? Do you have an example I can look at? Thank you in advance! AJ On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 17:14:00 -0800, AJ <AJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: I would not first ...

Drop down list quicker selection
We are using Excel 2003 We created a drop down list using the Data\Validation process, which works fine. When the arrow within a cell is clicked on to show the drop down list, how can you quickly select one of the many names in the list just by typing the first character of a name within the list. At the moment, we have to scroll up and down the list to select a particular name, which in itself isn't a problem, but slows down the process of finding the right name. Can the names within the list be alphabetically grouped when inputting the first character from the keyboard, and spee...

Dealing with Named Ranges when Importing Worksheet from Another File
When you are using range and name functions a lot, what's the best way of importing a worksheet from another file? It goes through a whole loop where asking whether to use the name defined in the destination sheet. I just press the enter down until but there must be a better way. ...

Selected fields to update
I need to have the ability, in OL'07, when I try to copy in a contact and am told there is a duplicate, to be able to select which fields I want updated and which not. Is that possible built-in or add-in? -- Boris You may find this of interest - ContactGenie DataPorter 2.0 - specifically handles updating of pre-existing contacts allowing you to define which fields you want to import/update from your input data file (custom forms/fields supported). Features: http://www.contactgenie.com/cg20features.htm Download" http://www.contactgenie.com/cg20dlorder.htm Karl _...

Change Form/Report Query Based on User Selection
I have a form and report based on a query. I need to change the query based on what the user selects on a form. Using VBA in MS Access 2002, can I change a single field in an existing query from GROUP BY to LAST? This process would be initiated by a click event on a form. Thanks in advance for any help. I would say only if you are willing to construct the entire query string in VBA and then apply that string as the source of the report. John Spencer Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2009 The Hilltop Institute University of Maryland Baltimore County Wayne wrote: > I have a form ...

Pasting range to a graphic
I have in the past, converted a range of cells to a graphic, however, I have forgot. Can someone bring me back up to speed? Select your range and Shift-Edit|Copy Picture???? There's an option for Shift-Edit|Paste picture (or paste picture link), too. "Luther Gunter Jr." wrote: > > I have in the past, converted a range of cells to a graphic, however, I have > forgot. Can someone bring me back up to speed? -- Dave Peterson Thanks, it worked like a charm. "Dave Peterson" <ec35720@netscapeXSPAM.com> wrote in message news:42685547.B819221A@netsc...

How do I find the currently selected Scenario?
Hi, Maybe this is a simple thing, but I don't seem to be able to track it down. I have an Excel sheet with a couple of Scenarios defined. I am trying to implement some VBA functions where I need to know which Scenario is currently selected. Does anyone know how I determine the active Scenario from VBA? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Best regards. hi, (?) > Maybe this is a simple thing, but I don't seem to be able to track it down. > I have an Excel sheet with a couple of Scenarios defined. > I am trying to implement some VBA functi...