Select Case in a Change Event

Hi,

I am trying to use a worksheet Change Event to trap changes to specific
columns. depending on which column is chnaged by the user, the value in
another ciolumn will be altered; so, changes in either column O or P will
update column Q, changes in either column T or U will update column V and
changes in column Z or AA will update column AB.

What I can't figure out is the Select Case bit (where I've got the shouted
question below). Here's what I've put together, any comments would be much
appreciated.

Application.EnableEvents = False

If Not Application.Intersect(Target, Range("o:o,p:p,t:t,u:u,z:z,aa:aa")) Is
Nothing Then
    Select Case  'WHAT GOES IN HERE?
        Case Is = "o:o,p:p"
            Range("q" & Target.Row).Value =
Sheets("tables").Range("b9").Offset(-Range("o" & Target.Row), Range("p" &
Target.Row))
        Case Is = "t:t,u:u"
            Range("v" & Target.Row).Value =
Sheets("tables").Range("b9").Offset(-Range("t" & Target.Row), Range("u" &
Target.Row))
        Case Is = "z:z,aa:aa"
            Range("ab" & Target.Row).Value =
Sheets("tables").Range("b9").Offset(-Range("z" & Target.Row), Range("aa" &
Target.Row))
    End Select
End If
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

TIA

Dave

Option Explicit

    Dim myRngToInspect As Range

    Set myRngToInspect = Me.Range("o:o,p:p,t:t,u:u,z:z,aa:aa")

    'single cell at a time
    If Target.Cells.Count > 1 Then Exit Sub

    If Application.Intersect(Target, myRngToInspect) Is Nothing Then
        Exit Sub
    End If

    Application.EnableEvents = False

    Select Case Target.Column
        'you could use
        'Case Is = 15, 16
        'but I find that difficult to translate.
        'I'd use:
        Case Is = Me.Range("o1").Column, Me.Range("p1").Column
            Me.Range("Q" & Target.Row).Value _
                = Sheets("tables").Range("b9") _
                   .Offset(-Me.Range("o" & Target.Row).Value, _
                      Me.Range("p" & Target.Row).Value)

        case is = ....

    End Select

    Application.EnableEvents = True

End Sub

I qualified your ranges (Me.Range()) and added some properties (.Value).

--

Dave Peterson
0

I never tested you statements but this should take care of the select case
bits

Application.EnableEvents = False
If Not Application.Intersect(Target, Range("o:o,p:p,t:t,u:u,z:z,aa:aa")) Is
Nothing Then

    Select Case Target.Column
        Case Is = 15, 16
            Range("q" & Target.Row).Value =
Sheets("tables").Range("b9").Offset(-Range("o" & Target.Row), Range("p" &
Target.Row))
        Case Is = 20, 21
            Range("v" & Target.Row).Value =
Sheets("tables").Range("b9").Offset(-Range("t" & Target.Row), Range("u" &
Target.Row))
        Case Is = 26, 27
            Range("ab" & Target.Row).Value =
Sheets("tables").Range("b9").Offset(-Range("z" & Target.Row), Range("aa" &
Target.Row))
    End Select
End If
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

Mike

"Risky Dave" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to use a worksheet Change Event to trap changes to specific
> columns. depending on which column is chnaged by the user, the value in
> another ciolumn will be altered; so, changes in either column O or P will
> update column Q, changes in either column T or U will update column V and
> changes in column Z or AA will update column AB.
>
> What I can't figure out is the Select Case bit (where I've got the shouted
> question below). Here's what I've put together, any comments would be much
> appreciated.

> Application.EnableEvents = False
>
> If Not Application.Intersect(Target, Range("o:o,p:p,t:t,u:u,z:z,aa:aa")) Is
> Nothing Then
>     Select Case  'WHAT GOES IN HERE?
>         Case Is = "o:o,p:p"
>             Range("q" & Target.Row).Value =
> Sheets("tables").Range("b9").Offset(-Range("o" & Target.Row), Range("p" &
> Target.Row))
>         Case Is = "t:t,u:u"
>             Range("v" & Target.Row).Value =
> Sheets("tables").Range("b9").Offset(-Range("t" & Target.Row), Range("u" &
> Target.Row))
>         Case Is = "z:z,aa:aa"
>             Range("ab" & Target.Row).Value =
> Sheets("tables").Range("b9").Offset(-Range("z" & Target.Row), Range("aa" &
> Target.Row))
>     End Select
> End If
> Application.EnableEvents = True
> End Sub
>
> TIA
>
> Dave
Try this.  Hope this helps!  If so, let me know, click "YES" below.

Option Explicit

Application.EnableEvents = False

If Not Application.Intersect(Target, Range("O:O,P:P,T:T,U:U,Z:Z,AA:AA")) Is
Nothing Then
    Select Case Target.Column
        Case 15 To 16
            Range("Q" & Target.Row).Value = _
                    Sheets("tables").Range("B9").Offset(-Range("O" &
Target.Row), Range("P" & Target.Row))
        Case 20 To 21
            Range("V" & Target.Row).Value = _
                    Sheets("tables").Range("b9").Offset(-Range("T" &
Target.Row), Range("U" & Target.Row))
        Case 26 To 27
            Range("AB" & Target.Row).Value = _
                    Sheets("tables").Range("B9").Offset(-Range("Z" &
Target.Row), Range("AA" & Target.Row))
    End Select
End If

Application.EnableEvents = True

End Sub
--
Cheers,
Ryan

"Risky Dave" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to use a worksheet Change Event to trap changes to specific
> columns. depending on which column is chnaged by the user, the value in
> another ciolumn will be altered; so, changes in either column O or P will
> update column Q, changes in either column T or U will update column V and
> changes in column Z or AA will update column AB.
>
> What I can't figure out is the Select Case bit (where I've got the shouted
> question below). Here's what I've put together, any comments would be much
> appreciated.

> Application.EnableEvents = False
>
> If Not Application.Intersect(Target, Range("o:o,p:p,t:t,u:u,z:z,aa:aa")) Is
> Nothing Then
>     Select Case  'WHAT GOES IN HERE?
>         Case Is = "o:o,p:p"
>             Range("q" & Target.Row).Value =
> Sheets("tables").Range("b9").Offset(-Range("o" & Target.Row), Range("p" &
> Target.Row))
>         Case Is = "t:t,u:u"
>             Range("v" & Target.Row).Value =
> Sheets("tables").Range("b9").Offset(-Range("t" & Target.Row), Range("u" &
> Target.Row))
>         Case Is = "z:z,aa:aa"
>             Range("ab" & Target.Row).Value =
> Sheets("tables").Range("b9").Offset(-Range("z" & Target.Row), Range("aa" &
> Target.Row))
>     End Select
> End If
> Application.EnableEvents = True
> End Sub
>
> TIA
>
> Dave
Had to be something simple - ,my thanks

"Mike H" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I never tested you statements but this should take care of the select case
> bits

> Application.EnableEvents = False
> If Not Application.Intersect(Target, Range("o:o,p:p,t:t,u:u,z:z,aa:aa")) Is
> Nothing Then
>
>     Select Case Target.Column
>         Case Is = 15, 16
>             Range("q" & Target.Row).Value =
> Sheets("tables").Range("b9").Offset(-Range("o" & Target.Row), Range("p" &
> Target.Row))
>         Case Is = 20, 21
>             Range("v" & Target.Row).Value =
> Sheets("tables").Range("b9").Offset(-Range("t" & Target.Row), Range("u" &
> Target.Row))
>         Case Is = 26, 27
>             Range("ab" & Target.Row).Value =
> Sheets("tables").Range("b9").Offset(-Range("z" & Target.Row), Range("aa" &
> Target.Row))
>     End Select
> End If
> Application.EnableEvents = True
> End Sub
>
> Mike
>
> "Risky Dave" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am trying to use a worksheet Change Event to trap changes to specific
> > columns. depending on which column is chnaged by the user, the value in
> > another ciolumn will be altered; so, changes in either column O or P will
> > update column Q, changes in either column T or U will update column V and
> > changes in column Z or AA will update column AB.
> >
> > What I can't figure out is the Select Case bit (where I've got the shouted
> > question below). Here's what I've put together, any comments would be much
> > appreciated.

> > Application.EnableEvents = False
> >
> > If Not Application.Intersect(Target, Range("o:o,p:p,t:t,u:u,z:z,aa:aa")) Is
> > Nothing Then
> >     Select Case  'WHAT GOES IN HERE?
> >         Case Is = "o:o,p:p"
> >             Range("q" & Target.Row).Value =
> > Sheets("tables").Range("b9").Offset(-Range("o" & Target.Row), Range("p" &
> > Target.Row))
> >         Case Is = "t:t,u:u"
> >             Range("v" & Target.Row).Value =
> > Sheets("tables").Range("b9").Offset(-Range("t" & Target.Row), Range("u" &
> > Target.Row))
> >         Case Is = "z:z,aa:aa"
> >             Range("ab" & Target.Row).Value =
> > Sheets("tables").Range("b9").Offset(-Range("z" & Target.Row), Range("aa" &
> > Target.Row))
> >     End Select
> > End If
> > Application.EnableEvents = True
> > End Sub
> >
> > TIA
> >
> > Dave
Your welcome, glad I could help

"Risky Dave" wrote:

> Had to be something simple - ,my thanks
>
> "Mike H" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I never tested you statements but this should take care of the select case
> > bits

> > Application.EnableEvents = False
> > If Not Application.Intersect(Target, Range("o:o,p:p,t:t,u:u,z:z,aa:aa")) Is
> > Nothing Then
> >
> >     Select Case Target.Column
> >         Case Is = 15, 16
> >             Range("q" & Target.Row).Value =
> > Sheets("tables").Range("b9").Offset(-Range("o" & Target.Row), Range("p" &
> > Target.Row))
> >         Case Is = 20, 21
> >             Range("v" & Target.Row).Value =
> > Sheets("tables").Range("b9").Offset(-Range("t" & Target.Row), Range("u" &
> > Target.Row))
> >         Case Is = 26, 27
> >             Range("ab" & Target.Row).Value =
> > Sheets("tables").Range("b9").Offset(-Range("z" & Target.Row), Range("aa" &
> > Target.Row))
> >     End Select
> > End If
> > Application.EnableEvents = True
> > End Sub
> >
> > Mike
> >
> > "Risky Dave" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I am trying to use a worksheet Change Event to trap changes to specific
> > > columns. depending on which column is chnaged by the user, the value in
> > > another ciolumn will be altered; so, changes in either column O or P will
> > > update column Q, changes in either column T or U will update column V and
> > > changes in column Z or AA will update column AB.
> > >
> > > What I can't figure out is the Select Case bit (where I've got the shouted
> > > question below). Here's what I've put together, any comments would be much
> > > appreciated.
> > >
> > > Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
> > >
> > > Application.EnableEvents = False
> > >
> > > If Not Application.Intersect(Target, Range("o:o,p:p,t:t,u:u,z:z,aa:aa")) Is
> > > Nothing Then
> > >     Select Case  'WHAT GOES IN HERE?
> > >         Case Is = "o:o,p:p"
> > >             Range("q" & Target.Row).Value =
> > > Sheets("tables").Range("b9").Offset(-Range("o" & Target.Row), Range("p" &
> > > Target.Row))
> > >         Case Is = "t:t,u:u"
> > >             Range("v" & Target.Row).Value =
> > > Sheets("tables").Range("b9").Offset(-Range("t" & Target.Row), Range("u" &
> > > Target.Row))
> > >         Case Is = "z:z,aa:aa"
> > >             Range("ab" & Target.Row).Value =
> > > Sheets("tables").Range("b9").Offset(-Range("z" & Target.Row), Range("aa" &
> > > Target.Row))
> > >     End Select
> > > End If
> > > Application.EnableEvents = True
> > > End Sub
> > >
> > > TIA
> > >
> > > Dave
Good Point, Dave!
--
Cheers,
Ryan

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

> Option Explicit
>
>     Dim myRngToInspect As Range
>
>     Set myRngToInspect = Me.Range("o:o,p:p,t:t,u:u,z:z,aa:aa")
>
>     'single cell at a time
>     If Target.Cells.Count > 1 Then Exit Sub
>
>     If Application.Intersect(Target, myRngToInspect) Is Nothing Then
>         Exit Sub
>     End If
>
>     Application.EnableEvents = False
>
>     Select Case Target.Column
>         'you could use
>         'Case Is = 15, 16
>         'but I find that difficult to translate.
>         'I'd use:
>         Case Is = Me.Range("o1").Column, Me.Range("p1").Column
>             Me.Range("Q" & Target.Row).Value _
>                 = Sheets("tables").Range("b9") _
>                    .Offset(-Me.Range("o" & Target.Row).Value, _
>                       Me.Range("p" & Target.Row).Value)
>
>         case is = ....
>
>     End Select
>
>     Application.EnableEvents = True
>
> End Sub
>

> I qualified your ranges (Me.Range()) and added some properties (.Value).
> Risky Dave wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am trying to use a worksheet Change Event to trap changes to specific
> > columns. depending on which column is chnaged by the user, the value in
> > another ciolumn will be altered; so, changes in either column O or P will
> > update column Q, changes in either column T or U will update column V and
> > changes in column Z or AA will update column AB.
> >
> > What I can't figure out is the Select Case bit (where I've got the shouted
> > question below). Here's what I've put together, any comments would be much
> > appreciated.

> > Application.EnableEvents = False
> >
> > If Not Application.Intersect(Target, Range("o:o,p:p,t:t,u:u,z:z,aa:aa")) Is
> > Nothing Then
> >     Select Case  'WHAT GOES IN HERE?
> >         Case Is = "o:o,p:p"
> >             Range("q" & Target.Row).Value =
> > Sheets("tables").Range("b9").Offset(-Range("o" & Target.Row), Range("p" &
> > Target.Row))
> >         Case Is = "t:t,u:u"
> >             Range("v" & Target.Row).Value =
> > Sheets("tables").Range("b9").Offset(-Range("t" & Target.Row), Range("u" &
> > Target.Row))
> >         Case Is = "z:z,aa:aa"
> >             Range("ab" & Target.Row).Value =
> > Sheets("tables").Range("b9").Offset(-Range("z" & Target.Row), Range("aa" &
> > Target.Row))
> >     End Select
> > End If
> > Application.EnableEvents = True
> > End Sub
> >
> > TIA
> >
> > Dave
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson
> .

Case 'Actual Duration' not getting updated in SQL
Knowledge Base article 913391: The "Actual Duration" field displays an incorrect value when you view the "Resolve Case" dialog box in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 This article corrects the time when you resolve a case by adding some script to an onsave event. Here is where it doesnt work: Lets say you go back and change the time from 2 hours to 4 hours on a Service Appointment. The form shows your updated time by running the onsave event but when you resolve the case, you original time displays and not the updated time. I looked in SQL and the ActualDuration and Sc...

How to change .attachedtemplate from VBA in Word 2007
I have a template that I created in Word 2003. It has a number of macros. One, which allows the user to save a copy of the active document assigns Normal.Dot as the ActiveDocument.AttachedTemplate before saving, so that the macros from the working template are not saved in the copy. The problem now is that when I run this macro in Word 2007, the ActiveDocument.AttachedTemplate takes place immediately and breaks the macro code that was assigning the template and saving the document. Is there a way to keep the ActiveDocument.AttachedTemplate action from happening immediately...

lookup link for customer address on account, case, address search
The way the address associations are handled today create tremendous gaps in the structure of CRM records compared to the structure of integrated backoffice financial systems records. What should be trivial integration tasks lead to a LOT of workarounds and customers frustration. Here is how we can improve. Abandon the idea of hardcoding first 2 address records on the account form. Add 2 address lookup fields on the account (relationships) that could be used to select any of the account addresses and expose them on the account form (still show individual address fields on the accoun...

Run report on multi selected records.

Go to special page in HTML help, how to change the left view in HTML help?
Hi, Made one .chm file. In a c++ program, launch the help file and go to the special page by HtmlHelp(NULL,"D:\Program files\file.chm::/help_internet.htm",HH_DISPLAY_TOPIC,0); It worked. The right window did display the help_internet.htm, but the left window, which has a lot of book icons in it, changed nothing. How to change the left view at the same time? Thank you, Best regards, Kelvin Kelvin, > Made one .chm file. > > In a c++ program, launch the help file and go to the special page by > HtmlHelp(NULL,"D:\Program > files\file.chm::/help_internet.htm...

Can't select objects in Excel 2007

OL2003: No Categories on Recurring Events generated from Contacts (e.g., birthdays)
OL 2003 SP2 Windows XP Professional (Dell OEM factory installed) --- I categorize my Contacts using my own custom Categories, which are included in the Master Category List. Having migrated to OL 2003 (on a retail Office 2003 Professional CD) on my desktop for about a month, I just noticed Recurring Events in Calendar generated from Contacts info such as Birthdays, Anniversaries have been regenerated without any Categories being assigned. I deleted all of these Recurring Events (including the original ones with Categories) and resave the Contacts entry, but the new Event still has ...

changing incoming mail server
I have set my incoming/outgoing mail server to pop3 but apparently it is not the correct one. Can you assist me into changing it? Thanks Ask your ISP. Their web pages will have instructions for setting up your mail. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, Suki asked: | I have set my incoming/outgoing mail server to pop3 but apparently it | is not the correct one. Can you assist me into changing it? | | Thanks ...

Select contact then hangs

CListCtrl: Changing the Column Header Layout
Hi all, I'm using a CListCtrl and I need another layout of the column header, especially - 2 lines of header text - changed background and forground colours - changeable y-Size I that possible? I cannot find any information about. Thanks in advance Richard You should be able to get the header control and do anything with it you want. Go to the MSDN, look under the topic "ClistCtrl class", and about 17 subitems into it there is a topic called "header controls" which explains all this. GetHeaderCtrl is what you are looking for. joe On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 13:58...

Exchange 5.5 svr w/ Contant Event 2018 in app log
Hello, I have an Exchage 5.5 server with sp4 that keeps getting this informational log several times a day. It started happening about 3 weeks ago. Source: MSExchageISprivate Cat: Transfer out of gateway Event: 2018 The generation of a delivery report or a non-delivery report for gateway /o=Horizon House/ou=Norwood/cn=Configuration/cn=Connections/cn=Internet Mail Connector (mailserver) has failed due to error 0x80004002. I was doing some reading and the culprit could be the increasing size of Internet Mail Service mail box. This is in the Exchange Administration program under the pro...

Selecting rows from various sheets

select text in Calendar

OWA Logoff/Change Password
I am running Exchange 2000. When users select the log off button to close an OWA session, the get a "Page cannot be displayed" error. Also, when I go into "Options" to try and change password, there is no change password option, even though in the Constant.inc file it is set fEnablePasswordMenu=true. I recently re-applied SP3, and still no luck. TIA ...

How do I change the elements displayed in the message list
How do I change the elements displayed in the message list. For example, to list "To" or "From" edit the view - to change just one folder, click on the row of field names and choose custom. To make all folders the same see http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/grouping.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips...

Triggering an event in Windows service every 1 hour.
Hello, I want to create a windows service that will send a mail to a mailing list every 1 hour. How do I program so that the mail event automatically triggers every 1 hour. (If I use timer and the service starts at odd 12:33, then it will fire event at 1:33, 2:33... . But, I want it it fires at 12:00, 1:00, 2:00 irrespective of when it starts.) How do I do this? hi Biranchi, On 21.02.2010 16:43, Biranchi Narayan Panda wrote: > I want to create a windows service that will send a mail to a mailing > list every 1 hour. > > How do I program so that the...

Link select with a blast

Chart tabs changing by themself
I have an Excel 2007 spreadheet (.xlsx) file with about 40 charts all in their own sheets. Every one of those sheets used to have their own descriptive tab name. Excel does not seem to like that, however, as sometimes after closing, it just deletes all of my tab names replacing them with a generic Chart3, Chart4, Chart 5 etc. This is highly frustrating of course. I once edited every one of those tab names back to their original names, wasting a lot of my time in the process, hoping it would not happen again. Alas, it sporadically happens again and again... Any ideas/solu...

Select Case in a Change Event

Changing Area Codes
Is there an easy way to change area codes for a large number of contacts in MSO? Our local area code has changed, and I'd like to update my contact information, especially so I can use my phone dialer effectively. Check out http://www.slovaktech.com/phonechanger.htm -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! "kvhhed" <kvhhed@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:41c801c35610$67e06310$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Is there an easy way to change area codes...

Select Records based another table...

Outlook changes my permissions...on it's own!
I keep running into problems with Rules and Permissions for folders. I have rules to send certain email to folders, which works for some number of days, but for some reason, Outlook will arbitrarily block the rule, saying I don't have permission to do that to a folder. I get a message to check with my system administrator, who I guess would be me. The administrator choices are grayed out so I can't change any settings. I've used 'detect and repair' even to the point of resetting my defaults, but nothing works. Any ideas would be very welcome. I'm using Outlook 2003. Tha...