select a specific ActiveCell by VBA

In any cell in column "F", a user can select a code number from a drop down
list. These numbers go up to over 100, so, if the user isn't sure of which
number to select, cell F6 can be rightclicked and VBA will take the user to a
different sheet where all the code numbers (and their associated meanings)
are listed.
A command button on that sheet will take the user back to the ActiveCell on
the first sheet. Even if the user was working in cell F2000, the active cell
is now always F6
To get around this, how can I set the active row to the bottom most row with
data in "C" and then Offset from that cell to then make the active cell in
"F" on the same row?
--
Traa Dy Liooar

Jock

It might have been easier for you if, instead of activating another sheet
with the information on it, you popped up a UserForm which displayed that
information to the user (even allowing him/her to select the code from the
UserForm and using that selection back on the worksheet directly). Anyway,
back to your question, try this line of code once you return to the calling
worksheet...

Cells(Rows.Count, "C").End(xlUp).Offset(0, 3).Select

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Jock" <Jock@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In any cell in column "F", a user can select a code number from a drop
> down
> list. These numbers go up to over 100, so, if the user isn't sure of which
> number to select, cell F6 can be rightclicked and VBA will take the user
> to a
> different sheet where all the code numbers (and their associated meanings)
> are listed.
> A command button on that sheet will take the user back to the ActiveCell
> on
> the first sheet. Even if the user was working in cell F2000, the active
> cell
> is now always F6
> To get around this, how can I set the active row to the bottom most row
> with
> data in "C" and then Offset from that cell to then make the active cell in
> "F" on the same row?
> --
> Traa Dy Liooar
>
> Jock

0
Rick
4/6/2010 2:18:22 PM
Assuming the sheet the user was originally on is Sheet1

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()   'Use actual button name
Sheets("Sheet1").Range("C2").End(xlDown).Offset(0, 3).Select
End Sub

"Jock" <Jock@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In any cell in column "F", a user can select a code number from a drop
> down
> list. These numbers go up to over 100, so, if the user isn't sure of which
> number to select, cell F6 can be rightclicked and VBA will take the user
> to a
> different sheet where all the code numbers (and their associated meanings)
> are listed.
> A command button on that sheet will take the user back to the ActiveCell
> on
> the first sheet. Even if the user was working in cell F2000, the active
> cell
> is now always F6
> To get around this, how can I set the active row to the bottom most row
> with
> data in "C" and then Offset from that cell to then make the active cell in
> "F" on the same row?
> --
> Traa Dy Liooar
>
> Jock

0
JLGWhiz
4/6/2010 2:51:13 PM
hi
in your command button code, you would have to de-activate code that takes
you to F6 on your dropdown sheet and replace it with code to take you to the
desire cell.

Sheets("yoursheet").Activate  'edit to suit your data
Range("C65000").End(xlUp).Offset(0, 3).Activate

based on your post, the above replacement code should do what you want.
since you didn't post any code, i'm not sure what code needs to be replaced.

regards
FSt1
"Jock" wrote:

> In any cell in column "F", a user can select a code number from a drop down
> list. These numbers go up to over 100, so, if the user isn't sure of which
> number to select, cell F6 can be rightclicked and VBA will take the user to a
> different sheet where all the code numbers (and their associated meanings)
> are listed.
> A command button on that sheet will take the user back to the ActiveCell on
> the first sheet. Even if the user was working in cell F2000, the active cell
> is now always F6
> To get around this, how can I set the active row to the bottom most row with
> data in "C" and then Offset from that cell to then make the active cell in
> "F" on the same row?
> --
> Traa Dy Liooar
>
> Jock

Run report on multi selected records.

Can't select objects in Excel 2007

Select contact then hangs

Selecting rows from various sheets

Exporting Specification sets in FRX
I'm attempting to export my FRX 6.5 specification sets and am having issues. When I attempt to export any .F32, it shows that there are no Catalogs in the file. I've tried just about every .F32 file on my server and haven't found my reports. Am I going about this process wrong? I'm just going in to FRX, clicking on company and going to specification sets. Then I set the location text box to the proper F32 file. Any clues would be much appreciated! Jeff, I'm not sure if you can't find a report to export, or if once you export the file, you can't find it to imp...

select text in Calendar

Link select with a blast

Failure to connect to specific mail server
Hi All, We are running Exchange 2003 under SBS 2003 Prem. One of my users is having consistent problems sending email to a server, and it *appears* that the destination server is saying that our exchange server is using an incorrect syntax when transferring the email. I believe that this is not correct - we don't have the issue in general, but I would also like to get a second opinion from someone here who might know more than I do about email. The email domain is: bmw.co.nz Their mail server: smtp.bmw.co.nz Error: The server claims that the email address of the recipient is in...

Select Case in a Change Event

Select Records based another table...

Multi-Select List Box Does Not Retain Selected Items
I created an Outlook Form in 2003. But when I select items in the list box they do not remain select when I select another control on the form. Any suggestions? Did you bind the list box to a keywords field? -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "kaykay" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:276dd01c4638d$bd5af590$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I created an Outlook Form in 2003. But when I select > items i...

VBA
I am very new to VBA and access and have a question regarding a SELECT statement. I am going to run a select (recordset - so I can loop through and process each record) but on my SELECT I want to make sure I return at least 20 rows, otherwise I am going to change my WHERE clause to include more rows. Is there an easy way to do this or do I need to just do an inital SELECT COUNT(*) and then decide which WHERE clause to use?? Do you have an example I can look at? Thank you in advance! AJ On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 17:14:00 -0800, AJ <AJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: I would not first ...

Drop down list quicker selection
We are using Excel 2003 We created a drop down list using the Data\Validation process, which works fine. When the arrow within a cell is clicked on to show the drop down list, how can you quickly select one of the many names in the list just by typing the first character of a name within the list. At the moment, we have to scroll up and down the list to select a particular name, which in itself isn't a problem, but slows down the process of finding the right name. Can the names within the list be alphabetically grouped when inputting the first character from the keyboard, and spee...

How to create a reference using VBA to a source list in different Workbook?
Can someone point me in the right direction? I need to perform the the equivalent of the following steps using VBA code instead of manual entry. Create a Reference to the Source List 1.. Open the workbook in which you wish to use the list in Data Validation. 2.. Choose Insert>Name>Define 3.. Type a name for the List, e.g. MyList 4.. In the refers to box, type a reference to the named range. Start with an equal sign, then the workbook name and an exclamation mark, followed by the range name, e.g. =DataValWb.xls!CustName 5.. Click OK Thanks, Keith ...

Transfer Files Using VBA
Hi, I'd like to transfer files from several drives on my pc to one cetnral location. From A:\Office1\ B:\Office2\ C:\Office3\ To D:\HeadQuarters\ My routine now is the following 1) Copy the files from drives: A, B, and C; and then 2) Paste the filesto the D drive 3) Delete the files permanently from drives A, B, and C. As you see this is a tedious routine, which I'd liket o avoid by using VBA. Can someone start me off with some code on how to accomplish this. Thanks so much in advance! Jrew Jrew, You could create a batch file (from the olden days) using XCOPY and desired bel...

Selected fields to update
I need to have the ability, in OL'07, when I try to copy in a contact and am told there is a duplicate, to be able to select which fields I want updated and which not. Is that possible built-in or add-in? -- Boris You may find this of interest - ContactGenie DataPorter 2.0 - specifically handles updating of pre-existing contacts allowing you to define which fields you want to import/update from your input data file (custom forms/fields supported). Features: http://www.contactgenie.com/cg20features.htm Download" http://www.contactgenie.com/cg20dlorder.htm Karl _...

Change Form/Report Query Based on User Selection
I have a form and report based on a query. I need to change the query based on what the user selects on a form. Using VBA in MS Access 2002, can I change a single field in an existing query from GROUP BY to LAST? This process would be initiated by a click event on a form. Thanks in advance for any help. I would say only if you are willing to construct the entire query string in VBA and then apply that string as the source of the report. John Spencer Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2009 The Hilltop Institute University of Maryland Baltimore County Wayne wrote: > I have a form ...

How do I find the currently selected Scenario?
Hi, Maybe this is a simple thing, but I don't seem to be able to track it down. I have an Excel sheet with a couple of Scenarios defined. I am trying to implement some VBA functions where I need to know which Scenario is currently selected. Does anyone know how I determine the active Scenario from VBA? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Best regards. hi, (?) > Maybe this is a simple thing, but I don't seem to be able to track it down. > I have an Excel sheet with a couple of Scenarios defined. > I am trying to implement some VBA functi...

Criteria for select query.
I have Access2003. I need a criteria expression to select certain data from a query QryLedgerTxns. When the ledger is reconciled with the bank statement, that statement date is manually entered into a QryLedgerTxns field called "DateStatement". The "DateStatement" field matches a ledger transaction field called "Withdrawal" My aim is to add up all the sums in the "Withdrawal" field *not* reconciled with the bank statement. The "Withdrawal" field is currency. The "DateStatement" field is Date/time. Therefo...

set a variable to value in a select statement
I know how to do this: SET @total = (SELECT SUM(Salary) FROM Employee) But is it possible to do soemthing like this without 2 separate SET statements?: SET @total, @tipstotal = (SELECT SUM(Salary), SUM(Tips) FROM Employee) If so, how? SELECT @total = SUM(Salary), @tipstotal = SUM(Tips) FROM Employee Tom "Keith G Hicks" <krh@comcast.net> wrote in message news:utAHRun$KHA.5536@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I know how to do this: > > SET @total = (SELECT SUM(Salary) FROM Employee) > > But is it possible to do soemthing like this with...

Saving file to a specific folder
I created a template form in Excel. However, when I save a completed form, the save menu automatically brings up My Documents. I continually have to navigate to the specific folder I want to save to. This is a pain to do this all the time. How do I adjust the template's properties to automatically choose the specific folder to save to? Look at the Subject: Saving file to a specific folder topic a couple of spots down for a couple of ideas. tj "richkim2000" wrote: > I created a template form in Excel. However, when I save a completed form, > the save menu automati...

Select Previously Selected worksheet (and/or select previously selected workbook)
Is anyone aware of VBA code that would allow me to auto-select the previously active worksheet (within a particular workbook....or within another open workbook)? In essence, I am trying to build a routine that will allow me to automatically do a vlookup between two data lists in two sheets with a single step, rather than go through the process of specifying the particular columns Thanks for any suggestions. ...