save a particular column in notepad

i want to save a particular column in notepad,  my Excel  i created n number
of sheets and a particular column of all the sheets to be saved in a notepad
as well as if i do any changes in excel sheet it will reflect in the notepad.
is there any Macro is available.

Thanks

Newbie question re column name does not belong to table item
This is my first time with XML and first time with vb.Net so it's an up hill learning curve for me but I would appreciate any help with this probably simple request. I've got a couple of column names in an xml source that my vb.net application can't handle. I know its because there is a ":" in both columns but i don't know of a way to treat the xml as a string, change the column names and then feed the results to an xmltextreader. regards, AndyB this is my xml feed: earthquake data from USGS. http://earthquake.usgs.gov/recenteqsww/eqs1day-M2.5.xml below is the err...

Unable to save password in Outlook 2003

merge or combine columns
Is there a way to combine columns? I have a spreadsheet with a couple thousand rows. I want to give each row a unique identifier that has the components of a key number (a 4-digit identifier). Some of the key numbers are the same. I decided to simply add a row of sequential digits 1-2000 and merge that column with the key number: column A = 1 column B = - column C = 2567 Merged column = 1-2567 Is there a way to do that? Thanks Hello, There may be other ways, but you could use the formula =A1&B1&C1 in cell D1 to get the result you want. >-----Original Message----- &g...

Save and save as

Saving Images

how do I change the default name of a column from numbers to lett.
my default used to be column a, column b etc, somehow it has been changed to column 1, column 2 etc. how do I change it back? Because of the default change it changes my formulas to sum(R[1] - C[2] etc. In EXCEL 2007 try the following:- Office Button / Excel Options (lower right hand side) / Formulas (2nd option down on left hand side) / Working with formulas (2nd option down on right hand side) / make sure that R1C1 reference style is not selected (that is, it does not have a green tick in it) If my comments have helped please hit Yes. Thanks! "mac" w...

"Unattainable" savings goals

Saving default tabs

Extract some fields from a Row to a column
Hi! Apreciate your help in advance. This is my problem I have a Database w/ four columns but in my firs column starts row A, Co. Name, RowB Address, Row C Phone #. I Columns # 3 and 4 have their City Name ,State Zip Code respectivibly I'll like to put this rows in columns. Thanks VicV PS From Sunny South Florid -- Vic ----------------------------------------------------------------------- VicV's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1463 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26266 Hi not really sure how your ...

Save to unProtect a Document?

Save csv format to dbf format

Daylight Savings Time #2

Automatic save of all messages from a known contact
Hi, I'd like to store automatically all messages from a known CRM Contact. If for example my customers email-address is somebody@somhow.com, I'd like to store automatically all his emails via the Exchange<->CRM Connector regardless to who they are sent to. Is that possible? regards Juergen Tolksdorf Hi Juergen. My company has a product called Effective Email that does exactly what you are asking for. There is a sync event that gets installed on the users inbox. When emails come in, it checks the senders address against the CRM database, and if a match exists, it creates a...

How to get saved old saved work that was saved over?
I typed up some History notes and saved it. I wanted to use the same format from those History notes for some new History notes and I saved over on my old work. How can i retrive my old saved work? My work was in Word not Excel But I could not find a place to ask a question in the Word help section. If you saved over the original file, it is gone forever. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Maral" <Maral@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C0ADFEF9-6A46-4589-8923-4BFC07D9C61F@microsoft.com......

add number of duplicate fields in a row or column and have total
I have a log of jobs done on a photocopier, and need to bill people for what they have used. the log is very long and have the user name and the number of colour and number of Black and White copies they have done. I need to know how much colour and how much black and white jobs have been done by each user. hope someone know a way thanks or am I better to use Access ? J =SUMPRODUCT(($A$1:$A$20="Bill")*($C$1:$C$20)*ISNUMBER(FIND({"C","B"},$B$1:$B $20))*{3,2}) THe assumptions made People in A1:A20 Type in B1:B20, C for colour, B for B&W Quantity in...

control recording saving
I designing a form the feilds are bound. the form will be used by other workers i want the form to update records using a update button but if the user enters data and then decides that they don't want to update the information. hqw can i prevent the update of the information entered on the form when the user closes the form using the close button "904allen" <904allen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote > I designing a form the feilds are bound. the form will > be used by other workers i want the form to update > records using a update button but if the user ...

auto save email address's
In outlook 2007, how do I set it to auto save email address's that I send out? No full versions of Outlook ever had the ability to add recipients automatically to your Contacts Folder. Only the long abandoned IMO mode of Outlook 98/2000 did that. To automatically add the email address of people you respond to to your Contacts Folder requires code: http://www.outlookcode.com/d/code/autoaddrecip.htm http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/addauto.htm -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Johnfli" <john@ivhs.us> wrote in message news:%23t7Bb82DIHA.1164@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... &g...

Check for valid file name before saving
My form copies a file from one locatin, prompts the user to create a new name for the file, then saves the file to another location. is there an easy way to ensure the user has entered a valid file name (e.g. did not use '/' or "^" or anything like that) so the save does not fail? OR, would it be easier to some how set up error handling so that if the save fails for that reason, i can prompt the user to try again. How would i do either of these things? Thanks, You must use error handling for this kind of operation, as there are just too many things that could go wrong....

Transfer from Checking into Savings account...
OK all, Now I'm really confused. I'm using M05 Deluxe and I set up an ING Direct savings account. I transfered $20.00 into the ING account from checking but when I look at the ING savings account register, it shows a poitive Decrease of 20.00 and a balance of (20.00). As if I owe 20.00 to ING. However, when I click on the Home tab, it shows that ING has a positive amount of $20.00. What gives? Am I doing something wrong or is this how it's supposed to be? Thanks, Steve Essential Register and/or downloaded transaction data? What type of Money Account is the ING Savings ...

Combining workshhets with different number of colums and column wi
I need to combine four small text-only spreadsheets into one. Each of the four have different amounts of columns, as well as different column widths. There has got to be a way to do this in Excel on one sheet, isn't there? One formulas play to tinker with .. Assume the source data are in 4 sheets named as: Sheet1, Sheet2, Sheet3, Sheet4 And for the 4 sheets, the max row is row10, max col is col C i.e. all data within any sheet would lie within the range A1:C10 In a sheet: Summary ------- Put in A1: =IF(OFFSET(INDIRECT("Sheet"&INT((ROWS($A$1:A1)-1)/10)+1&"!$A...