Running another program

Is it possible to run another program from within excel?  The software I use
at work is very repetitive and requires the same key-sequences entered many
times.  I got a key logger to help automate this so now I just press one key
and the key logger will play back the sequence I recorded.  I now want to be
able to call the key logger from excel with a parameter to automate things
further.

Excel has its own macro recorder.  Why not use it?

"Stephen Miller" <StephenMiller@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to run another program from within excel?  The software I
> use
> at work is very repetitive and requires the same key-sequences entered
> many
> times.  I got a key logger to help automate this so now I just press one
> key
> and the key logger will play back the sequence I recorded.  I now want to
> be
> able to call the key logger from excel with a parameter to automate things
> further.

0
JLGWhiz
5/24/2010 4:57:08 PM
for my 2c of worth:
- you can try sendkeys method from within excel i.e., instead of your
key logger as perhaps you need to have some kind of dlls installed to
let you automate the other app from vba;
- if your app is in web browser - then you can automate IE from vba
directly.
0
AB

enter data in 1 cell and produce a number in another cell
I am trying to set up a form for co-workers with limited computer skills. In cell "A" the employee would enter a name and I need to have a corresponding number appear in another cell. As the form is used for legal documentation, the corresponding number must be accurate and since the numbers are long, we are trying to avoid errors upfront. Any assistance would be appreciated. See if this helps: http://contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Towboat Girl" <Towboat Girl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ne...

Need only one DLL instance to run...

run time error 10-22-03

Automatically run macro

Excel Continuous Running Total

Appointment acceptance going to another user
Hi, While a staff member was away on maternity leave, I gave her co-worker rights to her Mailbox allowing her to open it in her Outlook and send on behalf of etc. Since the maternity leave finished I have removed all the rights I setup but one issue remains. When the maternity leave staff member makes a new appointment and invites participants, the co-worker receives a copy of the acceptance by invited staff members. The co-worker doesn't receive any other mail addressed to the maternity leave person nor the appointment itself, just the appointment acceptances. Does anyone know w...

program terminates unexpectedly
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Processor: Power PC my wife has a LOT of word documents and powerpoint presentations that she created on her computer using office for mac 2004. now whenever she tries to open one of them, the program starts up then terminates itself. if she opens the program first then tries to open the file, it attempts to open then terminates the program. if you open the program then create a new file it terminates when you try to save it. it was working one day and then it wasn't. Hmm....let's work on Word first--try the standard troublesho...

Money 2002 will not run

Exchange 2k3 Recovery in another h/w
Friends Need your help guys!,, Is there any way i can restore exchange2003 in another h/w with same os? Existing exchange server name :osiExchange OS :Windows 2003 Standerd SP1. Domain member :osiExchnage.osi.local New H/w I hv installed Windows2003 Sp1 and joined to my existing domain ! do i need to keep the same hostname for new server? pls heelp me out by steps and advises Best Regards, On 27 Jan 2007 21:01:14 -0800, "Vamsi" <konasanimurali@gmail.com> wrote: >Friends > >Need your help gu...

Re: Workflow just wont run automatically, i have to run them manually
Yes, but i realized what i was doing wrong. I assumed [bad idea] that if i create a case and hit Save & Close the first time, taht the rule will run. In order for the rule to run automatically, it has to be Save, once it saves it, then Save & Close. Thanks for your reply. "Hi, Did you check the workflow monitor to see if the rules get triggered correctly and complete sucessfully ? Have a nice day, St=E9phane Dorrekens " --------------= Posted using GrabIt =---------------- ------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =--------- -= Get GrabIt for free from http://...

Outlook Still Running
I am running XP Pro with Office 2003 Pro and sometimes when I exit out of Outlook, Outlook.exe and Winword.exe stay as processes still running. Does anyone else have this problem and what can do to make sure this does not happen? Thanks for your help -- Neil Remove ABCD from Email address to reply <neil154ABCD@earthlink.net> wrote: > I am running XP Pro with Office 2003 Pro and sometimes when I exit > out of Outlook, Outlook.exe and Winword.exe stay as processes still > running. Does anyone else have this problem and what can do to make > sure this does not happ...

Another Bug ?
Hi Apologies if you people already know this - but I was asked a question by someone I cannot answer. The person was setting a conditional format too show values >= 0.03, and he have the following calculation in to arrive at this value - but did not format the cell as the condition was not true ??? Enter 12.5 to A1 Enter 12.47 to B1 Enter = ABS(A1-B1) to C1 the answer is 0.03 - but if you expand the decimal places it isn't !! It also doesnt work with 6.5-6.47, 24.5-24.47........I havent gone any further because I am horrified :-( Any suggestions or advice would be gratefully recei...

Very strange problems while running Great Plains on workstations
I notice that a few workstations in an office I support are having problems when they run Great Plains. Excel, Outlook, Word and Dynamics.exe are showing in the Application event log as being Hanging or Faulting. I also see Fault Bucket errors, but when I search online I cannot find any information online. Here is one of the Fault Bucket errors: 3:15:35 pm 28-Sep-06 Application Hang None 1001 N/A Fault bucket 296734104. Also, these workstations are experiencing problems printing PDF files. Has anyone out there seen this behavior and if so, how can these problems be fixed? Thank you, ...

Publisher 2000 will not run
I had problems with Publisher 98 not running which we=20 never did solve so I installed office 2000 to see if=20 Publisher 2000 would function. Same problem: The flash=20 screen pops up and then disappears. No program. Microsoft=AE Publisher 2000 Version 6.0 has encountered a=20 problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the=20 inconvenience. Howard, hi again, Have you tried opening Publisher in safe mode? Publisher retains all printer information within its publications. If you can open Publisher in safe mode, either regress or update your printer and video drivers. -- Mary Sauer MS MV...

another for the experts
I have now figured out my VLOOKUP problem, so let me proceed with my troubles. I have a sheett of data that represents the entire human genome, organized in ascending order by chromosome. The list is around 9500 rows, and consists of 9 columns. The first is always going to be my x series (the whole point of this is to make a dynamic scatter plot), and each subsequent column is a log2 value, for 1 of 8 individual data sets, which represent my y series. I know how to keep the x series constant, and choose which y series i want via a combo box and linked cell, with the help of an offset...

Another Rejection of Online Services
Apparently my 2007 Money file is using a date from back in 2005 (must be the date I upgraded to Money 2006) to claim my online services are expired. Closing and reopening the file is of little value since it only avoids the initial expiration notice but still displays the expiration notice in the reminders section cutting off any chance at updating my financial records. Bad timing as the first of the month is just around the corner. Best solution I've received so far has been to completely deconstruct and rebuild my money file. Not a task I relish since my records go back to 1998. I...

Macro automatic run at open
Is there a simple way to have a macro automatically started when a workbook is open? Thanks Francesco Francesco, use the workbook open event, like this, Private Sub Workbook_Open() MsgBox "It Works!" End Sub To put in this macro, from your workbook right-click the workbook's icon and pick View Code. This icon is at the top-left of the spreadsheet this will open the VBA editor to the thisworkbook module, then, paste the code in the window that opens on the right hand side, press Alt and Q to close this window and go back to your workbook, now this will run every time you ...

Can I sort text data by reference to text data in another column?
I have imported text data (e-mail addresses) into a worksheet that also has a column of text data (also e-mail addresses), many of which, but not all, are the same as the imported text data. I wish to sort the imported text data into the rows of the matching original text data. How do I do that? The basic process would be to get all email addresses into a single column. Then select ALL columns to be sorted and use Data --> Sort and choose the column with the email addresses as the column to base the sort on. Duplicate email addresses will end up on adjacent rows. &q...

Running diferent query with one command
I would like to run queries with just one botton and a date dispalyed in a form. If Sunday March 09, 2008, is dispalyed I would like to click on a button and run a query that will select emloyees that are scheduled to work on this day of the week along with other pertinent information already preselected by that query. Currenlty I am using 7 diferrent buttons to run 7 differnrent append queries but it is too confusing and I am sure there is an better way. Thanks Charles -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200803/1 Why 7 butt...

Win 7 Pro running 64 bit with Outlook 2007. Problem: frequent cras
I have a brand-new computer with i-7 processors and 8 GB of RAM running Win 7 Pro 64-bit. At the time of upgrading to new computer, i upgraded office 2003 to 2007. For the first month, all was well. Suddenly, my computer started crashing regularly, as in every 30 minutes. The screen would go blank, the mouse and keyboard wouldn't work, and I would have to do a hard reboot. The store where i bought the PC has done everything imaginable to try to isolate the problem. They have swapped out every component, including the RAM, motherboard, power supply, video card and all ca...

Run AutoDim without running Integration
I wonder how to modify the AutoDim.txt file so that every time the it only execute the macro file to logon into Great Plains, run couple of posting and then logoff Great Plains after posting. Is AutoDim able to run without running any integration? I don't see that happening as it wasn't the original idea behind the application. However if all you want to do is what you are saying, just create a macro to do this and run it via a scheduler. I believe there are several KB articles that talk about macros and dynamics/great plains. patrick developer support -- This posting is...

DTM Need help deciding which tests to run.
Hello all, I'm not sure if this is the right group, so if I'm in the wrong place please tell me. I'm trying to get drivers signed for a USB device, and I'm not certain which category it falls under. The device uses winusb. It is an embedded system for test and measurement that only uses control and bulk transfers. It also has an embedded hub that exposes an additional port for general use. Thank you for your time, Jay Dolan Did you ever get through WHQL testing with winusb and the inf file? I am trying to pass WHQL testing and have encountered 3 errors ...