RibbonX Controls and Determining Enabled?

Hey All,

I am aware of the 'Enabled' attributed and associated 'getEnabled' callback.

However, what if I just want to determine if a control in enabled?  For
example, I do not want to set its state in XML and I do not want to change
its 'Enabled' property via the callback but, rather, I just want to find out
if it is enabled or not.

With the old CommandBarButtons, one could call the 'Enabled' property to
determine this.

Is there some way to determine if a Ribbon control is enabled?

Thanks

0
TMC

Hi,

For a built-in control you can use GetEnabledMso.
Example for paste button.

application.CommandBars.GetEnabledMso("Paste")

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"TMC" <getmyemails@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hey All,
>
> I am aware of the 'Enabled' attributed and associated 'getEnabled'
> callback.
>
> However, what if I just want to determine if a control in enabled?  For
> example, I do not want to set its state in XML and I do not want to change
> its 'Enabled' property via the callback but, rather, I just want to find
> out if it is enabled or not.
>
> With the old CommandBarButtons, one could call the 'Enabled' property to
> determine this.
>
> Is there some way to determine if a Ribbon control is enabled?
>
> Thanks

0
Andy
1/25/2010 9:53:41 AM
I am not aware of any way that you can address a control on the ribbon other
than via a callback, when the control is passed to the callback procedure.

HTH
Bob

"TMC" <getmyemails@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hey All,
>
> I am aware of the 'Enabled' attributed and associated 'getEnabled'
> callback.
>
> However, what if I just want to determine if a control in enabled?  For
> example, I do not want to set its state in XML and I do not want to change
> its 'Enabled' property via the callback but, rather, I just want to find
> out if it is enabled or not.
>
> With the old CommandBarButtons, one could call the 'Enabled' property to
> determine this.
>
> Is there some way to determine if a Ribbon control is enabled?
>
> Thanks

0
Bob
1/25/2010 10:07:34 AM
Thanks Andy!

Exactly what I was seeking  ;-)

"Andy Pope" <andy@andypope.info> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> For a built-in control you can use GetEnabledMso.
> Example for paste button.
>
> application.CommandBars.GetEnabledMso("Paste")
>
> Cheers
> Andy
>
> --
>
> Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
> http://www.andypope.info
> "TMC" <getmyemails@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Hey All,
>>
>> I am aware of the 'Enabled' attributed and associated 'getEnabled'
>> callback.
>>
>> However, what if I just want to determine if a control in enabled?  For
>> example, I do not want to set its state in XML and I do not want to
>> change its 'Enabled' property via the callback but, rather, I just want
>> to find out if it is enabled or not.
>>
>> With the old CommandBarButtons, one could call the 'Enabled' property to
>> determine this.
>>
>> Is there some way to determine if a Ribbon control is enabled?
>>
>> Thanks

0
TMC

Combo Box Control-Multi?
I'm trying to use a combo box form control. One of the control property options is "multi", meaning the user can select more than one of the displayed choices. But if you select this option, the link to the result cell no longer functions since there would be more than one result. How is this multi option used then? How do you get the result in usable form instead of just a visual highlight? I'd appreciate any help available on this since it would be a very useful function for my application. You're talking about a listbox, right? Dim i As Integer With Li...

RibbonX Controls and Determining Enabled?
Hey All, I am aware of the 'Enabled' attributed and associated 'getEnabled' callback. However, what if I just want to determine if a control in enabled? For example, I do not want to set its state in XML and I do not want to change its 'Enabled' property via the callback but, rather, I just want to find out if it is enabled or not. With the old CommandBarButtons, one could call the 'Enabled' property to determine this. Is there some way to determine if a Ribbon control is enabled? Thanks Hi, For a built-in control you can use GetE...

Enable macros automatically for a workbook
I have an excel file that onatins macros. Upon opening the file, I am prompted to answer if I want to enable or disable macros. I would like to ALWAYS enable macros & not be prompted to answer this question. Is there a way to set this up? Thank you. Regards, Diane Hi Diane- Depending on your version of Excel, go to Tools>Macro>Security and select Low. Please be aware of the risk as described in the dialog box. Hope this is useful |:>) "Diane Alsing" wrote: > I have an excel file that onatins macros. Upon opening the file, I am > prompted to answer if...

Controlling drawing objects in Excel . . .
i m trying to do the following. 1) i draw 10 circles, 10 rectangles and 10 ellipses (all are scattering here & there) in excel. 2) i would like to change all the sizes of circles with minimum steps. [Is it possible to control in such a way that a circle is drawn as a master one, and that circle will be copied and copied until required number. When we want to change something to all circles, we will change the master circle, and all other circles will be automatically changed.] If someone knows, kindly explain to me. Thanks & Have a nice day!!! Thaw Htin Oo. Thaw, (Oo?) One...

Need more than 1208 controls per sheet
Hi, Does anyone know how to go around the limitation of MS Excel, which doesn't let the user, through automation, to create more than 1208 controls (checkboxes, buttons, or combination of two for example) on one sheet?? Thanks much! -- mowali ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mowali's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=20886 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=491476 I don't know whether it is possible to overcome the limit, but I would not use a worksheet where the ...

Enableing SSL for active sync in exchange
I would like to know how to enable the SSL authentication for users using activesync(smart phone users). I see the check box on the smart phone but when i click the box it does not authenticate, when i uncheck it everything works great. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/817379 -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "Jef A" <jef.aldrich@tatumllc.com> wrote in message news:%23Ijlp8jEHHA.3524@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >I would like to know how to enable the SSL authent...

MFC Table control or similar control
Hi, I have a MFC dialog database application that returns data which i then put into an excel spreadsheet and display onscreen. Due to license issues i would like to write the data to a user defined control. I would like this control to have a similar tabular look like the excel spreadsheet. It should also have the option on control to print out what data is in the control. I would also like to be able to put a bitmap on the control (Showing a logo). Can anyone give me advice on how what control(s) i should use to accomplish this? Thanks In Advance Macca You could buy a third party ...

Unprotection For ActiveX Control
I have a protected sheet but would like others to manipulate Spin Buttons (ActiveX variety) to change some of the data. But if the sheet is protected I can't use the spin buttons even when the cells to be manipulated are unprotected AND the spin buttons are unlocked. Is there ANY way to get around this without having to unprotect the entire sheet every time I use the spin buttons?? Thanks, --Abe Do you have a linkedcell? Is that cell locked? Can you unlock that linkedcell? You could put the linked cell on another sheet (or even in an unlocked hidden cell (hidden column or h...

Metrics are not available
Hi everyone, I get the following error message appear on my homepage when logging into GP9.0: "Metrics are not available because the Microsft Office Chart Control is Missing". This never appeared until we installed IE7 on all our systems, including the Citrix boxes where our users gain access to GP9.0. Following advice from a previous post I installed Office Web Components for Office XP onto the server, but it hasn't helped at all. Does anyone know a fix for this? Thanks all, T S Since the homepage is created and rendered on the individual workstation, I would look at...

Version Control of Database
Anybody have any suggestions for products to do version control of database objects? TIA - Jeff. Pretty much any source control. Source Safe, SCCS, CVS, any Gnu, etc. "Mr. Magic" <Mufasa@NoWhere.Com> wrote in message news:O29A5XnrKHA.1352@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Anybody have any suggestions for products to do version control of > database objects? > > TIA - Jeff. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_revision_control_software "Mr. Magic" <Mufasa@NoWhere.Com> wrote in message news:O29A5XnrKHA.1352@TK2MSFTNGP06...

Your current security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this page
Hello. When i open a certain email in Outlook 2003, i get the attached message. I followed the instructions in article id: 816702 and it still gives the same message. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Tony --------------------------- Microsoft Internet Explorer --------------------------- Your current security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this page. As a result, the page may not display correctly. --------------------------- OK --------------------------- "Tony Girgenti" <tonylakeside@comcast.net> wrote in message news:u9Z9faRGGHA.64...

dont use XP style control
Is it possible to not use XP styling for one control, but all the others remain using the new style? j "JoeB" <MSforum1@---I-DONT-LIKE-SPAM---Kybert.co.uk> wrote in message news:e9hk4JpHEHA.2556@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Is it possible to not use XP styling for one control, but all the others > remain using the new style? SetWindowTheme. -- Jeff Partch [VC++ MVP] ...

Can't see calculated control
I have a calculated control on a report called txttotalID with a record source which is =YTDValue("txtMonth","CountofID","qrypurpose",[txtmonth]) The YTDValue refers to a Module taht calculates YTD figures The rpeorts record source is qrypurpose and the query has the fileds txtmonth and CountofID and that works fine and gives me a value.. I have another calculated control called TotalID where the record source is =Sum([txttotalID]), the txttotalID being my first calculated control. However, when I run the report I get a prompt asking for the value of tx...

Color to controls
How do I put color to controls? I have tried this but it does not work. Or, only a small part works. The edit control gets the requested color (yellow) but when I write something in it, the text background gets a quite different color (green). The button controls do not change color. What am I doing wrong? Any help will be apreciated Anders HBRUSH CMyCalculatorDlg::OnCtlColor(CDC* pDC, CWnd* pWnd, UINT nCtlColor) { if( nCtlColor == CTLCOLOR_EDIT ) { // 1 pDC->SetBkColor( 0xffffcc ); return (HBRUSH)(m_pEditBkBrush->GetSafeHandle()); } if( nCtlColor == CT...

Drawing Control in VB.NET
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0021_01C50450.C6200850 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I don't know if this post should be here or in the .net languages forum = but I'll start here. The problem is I am trying to use the ActiveX = control in a vb.net program and I have a form that includes this control = .. The problem is that when the form initializes it starts Visio duing = the initialize component module when it hits=20 Public vsoApp As New Microsoft.Office.Interop.Visio.Applicat...

disabling restore control
hi i have a problem that in my mdi form when i open a child form in maximized state it has restore control button and i want to disable that button whan the form has opened up so that client can not restore the mdi child form can any body help me Ajay posted this for you earlier, but in case that one scrolled off: Try something like: CMenu *pMenu = pYourChildFrame->GetSystemMenu(FALSE); pMenu->DeleteMenu(SC_RESTORE,MF_BYCOMMAND); Tom "Muhammad Ahsin Saleem" <ahsin.saleem@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1158211918.857499.317720@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > ...

Enable to search PDF attachments in Outlook 2007
Hello, I use to search my Adobe Acrobat attachments, with instant search in outlook 2007, but after buying a new laptop, I have reinstalled everything, and moved the Outlook data file, I am no more able to do that, Please help, Regards Dou Have you re-installed Adobe Acrobat? It provides the Outlook add-on to preview and (I believe) search .PDFs. Hal -- Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-Print/Imaging -- WA7BGX http://www.kvoa.com -- "When News breaks, we fix it!" KVOA Television, Tucson, AZ. NBC Channel 4 Still Cadillacin' - www.bad...

Treeview control 02-15-07
I'm using a Treeview control for the first time. I found some code to load the control. It works but all it does is load the control. One problem is that it does not display the '+' for any root node that has children. It does do it for lower level nodes. Any idea how to fix this? Also, where can I find out how to add and delete nodes? I tried using the nodeclick event but as soon as I coded that event, the tree ceased to function completely i.e. would only display the root nodes and refuse to expand further. A couple of things which might be helpful: Root level nodes will...

Subform control OnClick firing
Subform control OnClick firing Hello all, Using Access =9203=85 I have a form that opens on startup. Once the form loads, it opens another form as a popup. The popup form has a subform with only one piece of code, which is in the on click event of one of the controls (the control is a hyperlink that opens another form). What=92s described above works fine, but on occasion (not always) the on click event of the subform control will fire when the popup is opened. I thought the subform may be getting the focus and then unintentionally firing, but even when I set the focus ...

Controlling Static Controls at Runtime
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0098_01C40088.4260AA00 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I need to change the properties of static text and groupbox at runtime = using VS .NET 2002. Specifically, I need to a.. Disable (gray out) b.. Enable c.. Hide (visible =3D false) d.. Show (visible =3D true) I've already changed the control ID to something other than IDC_STATIC = and created a control variable. ShowWindow(SW_HIDE) seems to have no = effect. Thanks. --=20 ~voidxor ------=_Next...

Copy/Paste User Control
I have a user control that inherits from a standard combo box. The user control has a custom property that is a list of columns. The control works fine and I can add the control onto a form. However, when I copy that control and paste it, the list of columns property does not copy correctly. How do I copy the control and it's custom properties to a second control on the same form? ...

Which Control???
Hi I have written a small custom database base on the Class CList. I want to display the contents of my CList variable in a table that would allow the user to select a row(record) and edit a row or add extra rows. I want to use a control with a similar appearance to DBGrid. Any help/suggestions would be appreciated? Thanks in advance Rik Irving See the MFC Grid control developed by Chris Maunder. http://www.codeproject.com/miscctrl/gridctrl.asp Cheers Jagadeesh "Rik Irving" <indigoed@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:c0350k$d90$1@sparta.btinternet.com... > ...

OWA2003
Hi everybody, I would like to know how to enable and unforce the "filter junk e-mail" option (in the options\Privacy and Junk E-Mail Prevention) for all the users in my Organization . Thanks This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C68FC3.5E18B4F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I found the solution. I use OWA Admin Tool, and selected the back-end = mailbox server (when selecting the front-end server, the options was = grayed). "Antoine Golio" <a.golio@123mu...

How to control status of assigned tasks
There is 2 kind of situations (maybe more, but I dont know): 1.task (task, phone call, letter, appointment e.t.c.) created by me; 2.reassigned by me (1st assigned to me then I assigned to somebody else). I would like to control the status of these tasks (done or not, over due or not ...) How to do that? (by view or reports or other) Additional rule: owner of the parent of the task (opportunity, account, customer, case and others dose not owned by me) Ugis You have some otpions here like : 1 = Develop a custom report and either run it on demand or use the reporting services to schedule it...

Multimedia Audio Controler
I have no sound from speakers aas on late but do get it from headphones in jack in front of the PC. I have double and triple check all connections and everything is normal. All sound levels are normal and no mute buttons are checked. I did however check the Device Manager and found this: Multimedia audio controller PCI bus 0, device 13, function 0 The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28) To reinstall the drivers for this device, click Reinstall Driver. Where do i find them online? -Chris Chris, to find them online you have to know what your looki...