Retrieve tables from web with variable URL

Hello,
This URL
http://www.bibf.be/ipc/tamenu.asp  has a field "postcode", asking for
a 4-digit entry and leading to the links of all members of that postal
code when all other inputs are omitted.
The visible URL in the URL bar , however , remains unchanged.
I have a list in Excel with several postal codes e.g. 2200   2500
2222   3000 for which I want to retrieve the members tot list them up
on a worksheet.  I know enough VBA to do that if I only knew the key
to build that postal code into the URL.  Is there a way to do that?
 Thank you very much for any help.
Herman
0
hermac

Heavy Volume Asynchronous Web Service Calls
Does any one know if there is a limit of Web service calls that are queued. I have many threads sending a Asynchronous Web Requests, and it seems that if I dont process them fast enough I loose messages. I cannot find anything that mentions an input buffer that stores the results. Any Ideas? Thanks ...

pivot table trouble (tricky)
I'm making a pivot table to study information about disease. Each disease has several characteristics like organism that causes it, symptoms, body part it effects, ways to detect it, ways to treat it, etc. Sometimes one category will have multiple entries in it -- for example: H. influenzae causes flu, there might be one treatment, one body part if effects, but 2 ways to detect and 5 different symptoms. I want to be able to arrange and sort my pivot table bases on any single property like the symptom of coughing, but the only way I know to do this is to repeat the entry many m...

Quarterly Data in Pivot Table
Hi Everyone, I am using Excel 2003. I just made my first pivot table last week. I have a chart and a sheet that I created from the wizard. I have grouped by years, quarters and months. On my sheet, I can see the years and months but not the data by quarter. I have noticed that I can double click on my year and it collapses down. I only have data from April thru Dec 2008, then Jan thru Dec 2009, and this year Jan thru March. I would like to know how to view the quarter data Thanks, Linda Hey Guys, Nevermind. I just dropped the month out of my grouping and ...

problem in accessing fields from table with multiple foreign keys referencing single primary key
i came accross requirement of multiple foreign keys in a tablereferencing the same primary key another table. i created the tablerelations using the relations editor in access. even though i couldhave multiple foreign keys to a table access did allow the referentialintegrity.my database structure istable1 - students tabletable 2 - subjects tabletable 3 - subjects opted by studentsin the table 3 totally there are 6 subject columns and a student canopt for variable number of subjects.table structurestudentsID -> primary key, FirstName, LastName, ........subjectsID->primary key, subjectstud...

Excel on the Web
I am new at this and would like to know how to put an excel workbook out on the web for data entry. Any thoughts would be appreciated as to how to get started. Thanks Frank ...

tables for a window
There used to be a way (not Modifier) where I can have Great Plains show the tables linked to the current Great Plains window. I have forgotten it. can you please let me know. I believe you're looking for the Window Descriptions. If that's the case, go to Tools>> Resource Descriptions>> Windows. Leeland "Jack Tundra" wrote: > There used to be a way (not Modifier) where I can have Great Plains show the > tables linked to the current Great Plains window. I have forgotten it. can > you please let me know. > > > No, this is somethin...

retrieve an AVERAGE of a range using VLOOKUP to locate start/end d
Can I calculate the average of a range based on VLOOKUP? In other words, can I get Excel to "look up" the respective START / END dates of an investment position listed in Sheet 1 and then go and locate those 2 distinct cell values in in a different sheet (Sheet 2) utilizing VLOOKUP function and then return the calculated AVERAGE of the cells within that range back into Sheet 1? Appreciate any thoughts if doable in Excel in any way? tAKE A LOOK AT AverageIFS and see if that does what you want. If it were me, I'd probably enter the formula manually, record the resu...

Help to build a table
Please help me to build a table similar to this one The number on the first column will change after 16 times, it will go in sequence from 1001, 1002, etc… The number in the second column will change after 4 times and it will go from 1 to 4 The number in the 3rd column will go from 1 to 4 2nd and 3rd column will keep the same pattern. Cabinet Shelf Location 1001 1 1 1001 1 2 1001 1 3 1001 1 4 1001 2 1 1001 2 2 1001 2 3 1001 2 4 1001 3 1 1001 3 2 1001 3 3 1001 3 4 1001 4 1 1001 4 2 1001 4 3 1001 4 4 1002 1 1 1002 1 2 1002 1 3 1002 1 4 1002 2 1 1002 2 2 1002 2...

How does one publish web pages/create a site via Microsoft? Looki.
In the ocena of techincal jargon, I cannot find the means to publish (or transfer) images to my website. Please advise. Thanks, John ...

Data Table Manipulation
I have a rather large data table (~6600 lines of data) that has severa different locations, dates, times and then events for eac Location/Time pair. For example, at Location 1 at 12:00 on 5/6/200 there were 5 events. I'm trying to figure out the average number o events across all dates for a particular location and time (i.e Location 1 generally has 4.3 events at 13:00) Right now I'm doing brute for method with data filtering and using the automatic averag function imbedded in Excel 2000. I was curious if there is a mor elegant and easier solution, Currently it takes me about an ...

Life Insurance table in HR module
Is there any way to increase the decimal places allowed for Insurance Rates? For example our payroll is processed weekly, but the life insurance rate is monthly. So when it is $0.25 / 1000 per month that is $0.577 /1000 per week and the system ONLY allows 2 decimal places. Anyone worked around this? -- Mark VA Yes, allow three decimal places for deductions. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Mark" wrote: > Is there any way to increase the decimal places allowed for Insurance Rates? > For example our payroll is processed weekly, but the life insurance rate is > monthly. So ...

How to retrieve the string from dialog box
Hi All, Does anyone know how to retrieve a string in IDC_STATIC on a dialog box? I have to print out a report with an application version at the bottom line for users to be aware of it in my application. I don't know how to retrieve the string in IDC_STATIC control on a dialog box. It would be very nice that someone let me know how to do that without calling the dialog box. TIA Hwasoo Lee Back 9 wrote: > Hi All, > > Does anyone know how to retrieve a string in IDC_STATIC on a dialog box? > I have to print out a report with an application version at the bottom line &g...

Running Totals for Pivot Tables
Hello I have a pivot table with months across the top and version as the row:- Data Version Jul Aug Sept Oct 1 1 4 7 10 2 2 5 8 11 3 3 6 9 12 Just wondered if it is possible to add cumulative totals to a pivot table? ie. Data Version Jul Aug Sept Oct 1 1 4 7 10 2 2 5 8 11 3 3 6 9 12 Cumulative 1 1 5 12 22 Thanks Lesley Make your pivot table and then use menu Insert/Calculated Field. You can n...

making lines around info so it looks like a table when printed or viewed
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) How do I put horizontal and vertical lines around all the cells so it looks like a table? Display the Toolbox by hitting the Toolbox button. Activate the Formatting Palette (upper left button) then chose Borders and Shading. Make sure you select the cels you want to format.... <br><br>make your choice in de button that has &quot;type:&quot; in front of it. Done Thank you I have been successfully making borders in all my excel worksheets but since the latest update, the palette in excel no longer works. At firs...

Pivot Table calculated field error
I have a calculated field in a pivot table in Excel 2007 that averages the selling price of an item. The Columns are the years from 2008 to present, Row Labels are items then by Customer Type, and the values are Quantities Sold, Total Dollar Amount and the calculated field is the average selling price (Dollars/Quantity). The problem is that each item is not sold for every year and I get Div/0 error. When I try the following =if(Dollars<>0, Dollars/Quantity,"") the #value error replaces the Div/0 error. I looked at the Contexture website and didn't find any ide...

Retrieve mouse position
Hi, I am writing an app in which I need to retrieve the mouse coordinates even when it mouse is outside the main frame. How do I do it? Thanks! xg >Hi, I am writing an app in which I need to retrieve the mouse coordinates >even when it mouse is outside the main frame. How do I do it? Thanks! Have you tried calling GetCursorPos? If you want to know when the mouse is moving I think you'll need to use a hook - have a look at SetWindowsHookEx WH_MOUSE. Dave IN addition to David's answer, you have not stated the problem you are trying to solve. For examp...

pivot table calculations
how do i modify how a pivot table calculates my data? i would like to have they Grand Totals to use the =SUM(COUNTIF(E10:E15,"1")) & " / " &SUM(COUNTIF(E9:E15,"0")) formula, but it only sums and counts. not both. how do i get it to calulate the totals according to that formula? thanks much, stephen Hi AFAIK you can't add such formulas to a pivot table -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Pringles." <Pringles@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:90E99FE0-EB98-4F22-B565-A2BBED9B3C92@microsoft.c...

Retrieving messages
Help, I mistakenly restored all the defaults on Outlook (the computer did not crash) losing all the messages and address book. I have had to set up the application from scratch entering account details etc. Question is: are all the messages and contacts still held on the computer even the program needs to be set up again and, if so, how do I retrieve them. Any assistance greatly appreciated. Thanks. P89 If you made a backup of your system or My Documents, search for a file called Outlook.pst. If you have that you can import all the information. Al "peterson89" <peterson...

Variables initiation
I need to initiate some variables... to initiate the variables within a form I use Private Sub UserForm_Initialize() ...... End Sub How do I do it within a module? You declare variables many ways. Check this link out by Chip Pearson. It helped me when I was learning. Hope this helps! If so, let me know, click "YES" below. -- Cheers, Ryan "Alberto Ast" wrote: > I need to initiate some variables... > > to initiate the variables within a form I use > > Private Sub UserForm_Initialize() > ...... > End Sub >...

Fetching binary file linked in URL
I have to write a console application which will fetch a zip on a daily basis. This zip file is hotlinked in a web page. The name of this .zip file will change every day. I've been able to start the session, open the URL, read each line, and get the line with the .zip file URL in it no problem. Where I am running intro trouble is writing the zip file to disk as binary. I'm following the example from the VC++ Online Help reference to CFile::Open(). Can anyone see what I am doing wrong ? thanks in advance. #include <afx.h> #include <afxwin.h> #include <afxinet.h> #inc...

Average in Pivot Tables
Hi, I have created a table with the following data student id, exam name, score. I want to create the following pivot table | Exam name 1 | Exam name 2 --------------------------------------- student id1 | Score | Score student id2 | Score | Score student id3 | Score | Score --------------------------------------- Average Average Excel will only let me give the Grand total. Is it possible to get the average. The sum of the score is meaningless. With regards Constantijn Enders If you go to Field settings for your data fields and change S...

Retrieving comment using range name
I have singular cells in different places referenced by their range names. Is there a way to get the comments corresponding to the referenced ranges (singular cells)? Thanks in advance, Tomek Set testrng = Range("A3:A4", "C3:C4") comment1 = testrng(1).Comment.Text .... commentn = testrng(n).Comment.Text Stefi „topola” ezt írta: > I have singular cells in different places referenced by their range > names. Is there a way to get the comments corresponding to the > referenced ranges (singular cells)? > Thanks in advance, > Tomek > > did yo...

Sorting tables on protected worksheets
How do we configure our worksheet so that we can turn protection ON, but still enable the table filter buttons in order to sort columns in a table? No matter what settings we select for protection, including the sort and auto-filter options, we cannot sort tables on a protected sheet. What is the secret to allowing table sorts on a protected sheet? Generally one has code to unprotect, code to do the sort, then re-protect. By "tables" do you a real Table created by Insert>Table? I can provide code that turns off protection when you click inside a Table. Clic...

How can I Show data as a % of Sub Group in a Pivot Table
I want to show a column of data (% of City) as a % of a sub group total. Here's my example of how the pivot table should look: State City Carrier Sq Yards % of City (Sq Yards2) Alabama Birmingham Carrier 1 10 20% Carrier 2 20 40% Carrier 3 10 20% Carrier 4 10 20% Birmingham Total 50 100% Mobile Carrier 1 10 25% Carrier 2 10 25% Carrier 3 1...

Retrieving lost messages after Synchronization in Outlook Express
Setup for my hotmail messages to be downloaded to Outlook Express. When tried to connect to see an old message, didn't realize that it was setup to auto synch. My messages were deleted from hotmail, and are now lost on Outlook Express after synching. Is there anyway to retrieve the lost messages from Outlook Express? I really needed some of the items in there, and had downloaded them so they wouldn't be lost. Thanks! ...