Reading properties from closed book

I am trying to read the last date saved from closed workbooks. I
downloaded the ReadPropertyFromClosedFile from Chip Pearson's site and
selected the DSO OLE Document Properties Reader 2.1 reference. I do
not understand the formula syntax. I thought it should be:

=ReadPropertyFromClosedFile(Path
\Workbookname,BuiltinDocumentProperties(number),Builtin)

but it always returns #NAME?

Windows 2000 & Excel 2003
0
harley

Resource booking with non-Outlook clients
Our resource booking is done using Exchange. This is fine for our Windows users, however our Linux users cannot book events. I have figured out how to use OWA to let them view the calendars on the web, however how can they book an event without Outlook? Is there a specially formatted message they can send to the resource account setup to auto accept? Thanks. Matt ...

Reading .wks file

File won't open as read only

Read mail arn't marked as read anymore

help needed property sheet
hi all I am using property sheet in my project. I want to put different formviews as pages. Any body knows good article about property sheet. Thanks in advance with regards Harish 1. Create a dialog with child style. 2. Use ClassWizard to add a new CFormView with of created dialog. 3. I think, you need to make the destructor/constructor public( since they are protected, by default ) 4. Add PostNCDestroy to this newly created CFormView class, and remove the base class invocation for PostNCDestroy(...). 5. Add a new function say, CreateFormView( CWnd* pParent) CFormViewEx::CreateFormVi...

Direct Booking
I have 18 Resources Mailboxes setup with at Delegate Client configured, all the same way... the same mailbox rights, the same Delegate... 3 of the resources are not showing the 'Resources booked' dialog, but I get accept from the delegate?? Anybody knows why this is, and how to correct this... Thanks ...

reading confirmation

Mail notification when Outlook 2003 closed? Display options?
I just upgraded from Outlook 2000 and was disappointed to find that, unlike 2000, this new version doesn't seem to notify me when I receive mail if the program is not running (after it has been opened previously). 2000 did this- any way to fix it? Next, like 2000, this new version doesn't seem to be able to display the standard inbox and calender views next to each other unless you use the cheesy Outlook Today view. It doesn't seem to be too much to ask- any way to do it? Thanks! use the folder list option at the bottom of the Navigation Pane your second issue >-----Origin...

Close Outlook in Batch File
I have a batch file that backs up all the networked computers in the office to the server. This program will back up the Outlook (pst) file if the employee remembers to close Outlook. Is there a command line I can use in my batch program that will close Outlook? ...

The memory could not be "read".

Port is Closed for VPN Connection
I Receveied the following message when trying to connect VPN Connection: http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/6861/hqclienterror2ge6.jpg Can any1 tell me how to open back the port or anyway to prevent this to happen again? ...

Outlook Web Access automatically closeing its connection to your mailbox after a period of inactivity.
Does anyone know or Is there any way to increase the time of Outlook Web Access automatically closeing its connection to your mailbox after a period of inactivity. thanks ...

"To" and address book
When writing an e-mail at work, I click the "to" and the "select names" box appears. On the right hand side, instead of saying "contacts" and allowing me to choose who to send it to, mine says "global address list", and underneath that the option of "contacts" appears. I have to remember to select "contacts" before looking up a name. Is there any way to set this automatically to just say "contacts" when the "select names" box appears? Thank you for your help. Depending on your Outlook version, which you...

how can i copy a document to a CD without making it read only?
HOW CAN I COPY A DOCUMENT TO A CD WITHOUT MAKING IN READ ONLY? You can't. It is not the file, but the media, that is read only. Even CD-RW media does not allow editing a file on the CD. Copy te file from CD to HD, mak edits and if a CD-RW you should be able to burn the edited file back to the CD. hth "DON" wrote: > HOW CAN I COPY A DOCUMENT TO A CD WITHOUT MAKING IN READ ONLY? ...

Unable to Read Japanese Email
I correspond with several Japanese users and can read emails from some of them without a problem, but emails from others are nothing but a series of ?????. In one case, I can read one email but not another from the same sender. Changing the Encoding doesn't help. Sending emails in Japanese to them without a problem...they can read it fine. Would appreciate any suggestions/solutions as I'm stumped. I'm using Outlook 2003 on a Windows XP Home operating system. Japanese language support is installed. ...

Outlook 2002 Suddenly Closes
My Outlook 2002 application suddenly closes every once in a while. I do not receive any error message. It just disappears from the console, and may no longer be found in the Task Manager. Any ideas? Thank you, Darren ...

Transferring read e-mail to another folder
Hello I was wondering whether there was a way in which I could automatically transfer my e-mail that has been read into another folder, such as "Old e-mail" or something like that? Thanks ...

Outlook not marking read emails as read
Hi - We have 1 computer that is doing the oddest thing, anytime the customer reads the last email in his box, exit's out of email and then comes back in, that email is now marked as unread - it's the weirdest thing I have seen in a long time. I uninstalled office XP, rebooted, then reinstalled and applied the 2 service packs, hoping that would fix it, but it didn't. So now I'm stuck and was wondering if anybody out there has any thoughts on what to do.... thanks! Gerri Urban gurban@ci.broomfield.co.us ...

Suggested reading
Any suggested reading for Access 2003 VBA? I have both "Step by Step Access 2003" And "Microsoft Access 2003 VBA for Dummies" (how Ironic) and niether have been very helpful. Try this book. It's a winner: Access 2003 VBA Programmer's Reference by Patricia Cardoza, Teresa Hennig, Graham Seach, and Armen Stein http://www.amazon.com/Access-2007-Programmers-Reference-Programmer/dp/0470047038/ref=sr_1_1/104-1181757-2327103?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1185824619&sr=8-1 -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.access...

Message(s) Not Being Marked As Read
I have "Mark message read after displayed for" '0' seconds checked. But in my Junk e-mail folder the messages don't get marked as read when I select them, only when I open them. I'm assuming this is because there isn't a the reading pane for the Junk e-mail folder even though I have "Show reading pane" checked in "Layout" a reading pane doesn't display in the Junk email right pane. Is this normal? I'd rather just click on the message instead of opening the message to mark it as read. James > I'd rather just c...

Controling READ ONLY and READ/WRITE mode when opening a project PS
Hello All, I was looking for a way to force users to select between READ ONLY and READ/WRITE instead of it defaulting to READ/WRITE when opening projects in MS Project 2007. Any suggestions would be a huge help. Thanks, Eric Eric -- Short of using custom software development, there is no way to force this issue with your PMs. If you want to try the custom software development route, then please repost your message in the microsoft.public.project.developer newsgroup. Otherwise, make this a training and performance issue with your PMs. Hope this helps. -- Dale A. Ho...

read an ascii file with fopen
I try to open with fopen and read an ascii file, line by line, but get garbage - among the right data in the CString variable that is filled with this line data. Can someone copy&paste the right code how to so that? Thanks in advance. Mark "Mark" <mark@chasan.ar> wrote in message news:%23sPmEzsgGHA.2208@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > I try to open with fopen and read an ascii file, line by line, but get > garbage - among the right data in the CString variable that is filled with > this line data. > > Can someone copy&paste the right code how to so that?...

CRM user to user email appaers to recipient as closed activity
email sent between CRM users is received but as a closed activity when we want it to be open. Noticed same behaviour, is this by design? "Steve" wrote: > email sent between CRM users is received but as a closed activity when we > want it to be open. Our MVP says it is a design function. We find it very annoying. "Steve 2 " wrote: > email sent between CRM users is received but as a closed activity when we > want it to be open. See my posts starting 9/27/2006 11:44 a.m. Boolean1 "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...