Read and find

Hi.

I need a procedure to read a name in Document1 then go and find it in
Document2. It then pauses for 10 seconds before returning to Document1 and
reads the next name below. This is repeated until the name is a blank. Any
help is much appreciated.

TIA
Tom

0
Tom

First, let's get the nomenclature.
A file is called a workbook
A worksheet within a file is called a worksheet or sheet. Sometimes tab..
Why the pause?
What you may want is a FINDNEXT macro (look in the vba help index) with a
msgbox ?? If all else fails,

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software
dguillett1@austin.rr.com
"Tom" <tclimb@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi.
>
> I need a procedure to read a name in Document1 then go and find it in
> Document2. It then pauses for 10 seconds before returning to Document1 and
> reads the next name below. This is repeated until the name is a blank. Any
> help is much appreciated.
>
> TIA
> Tom

0
Don
12/4/2009 10:53:23 PM
Let me explain the reason behind my request. I'm trying to convert an Excel4
macro to an Excel11 macro but haven't been able to find a way around steps
like "=PAUSE()",  which is no longer supported. Or "=GET.CELL(5)" - a
command line say in A65 of the xlm macro that reads the content of a cell in
File1 and able to be called up in File2 with the command "=FIND(A65)" .
However, I kow some clever people among you lot can come up with alternate
solutions to them.