Program stops (creating pivot table) when too many records

Hi all,

I have a macro which creates a Pivot Table using the records I provide and
it works fine up to probably 40,000 records.

When the database becomes too big, the program stops at the line of code
which creates the Pivot Table with an error message.
1) Pressing F5 simply gives the same error message.
2) Running the same macro from start with a reduced records works well again.

How can I overcome this problem?

Thanks in advance.

On Mar 5, 7:57=A0am, ch <c...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a macro which creates a Pivot Table using the records I provide an=
> it works fine up to probably 40,000 records. =A0
>
> When the database becomes too big, the program stops at the line of code
> which creates the Pivot Table with an error message.
> 1) Pressing F5 simply gives the same error message.
> 2) Running the same macro from start with a reduced records works well ag=
ain.

> How can I overcome this problem? =A0
>
> Thanks in advance.

Are the variables declared have sufficient range?
0
dk

Communications Between Program and Controlling Program
Hi All, I'm looking for feedback on the best way to code communications between Programs. The architecture we are looking at is similar to Symantec AV or others - a control program sends messages to the worker program on a different machine. The worker program communicates back when complete (with a result), and gets another chunk of work. The messages will be small. What will be communicated is as follows: Control Program: Control Program Start Control Program Stop (Worker queues messages) Control Program sends a piece of work when requested Worker Program: Worker Program Start Worke...

Exchange 2000 has stopped sending mail
Our Exchange 2000 server has stopped sending outbound mail this morning. It has been running fine for years, and then out of the blue, everything that is not local delivery is backing up in the SMTP queue. Our internet service is running fine, as is the firewall, with port 25 open. All of the services are running and have been restarted twice. Can sommeone please offer some suggestions on what I might do to further troubleshoot this, I am simply at a loss. Thanks. On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 11:25:59 -0700, "traviss" <traviss@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Our Excha...

NDR generated when creating appointment in Public Folder Calendar
Hi Exchange 2000 with a mail enabled public folder calendar. Whenever a user creates an appointment in this calendar, invites attendees and sends the apointment a NDR is generated for a user that no longer exists in the AD. This happens even if only 1 person is invited. This user used to have permissions to the calendar (in fact they were an owner) but this person has now left. There are 3 other owners to the calendar. I can see the NDR being generated in using the Message Tracking Centre but I have no idea where to look or what to change to stop the NDRs. Any ideas on where, what how...

Running another program
Is it possible to run another program from within excel? The software I use at work is very repetitive and requires the same key-sequences entered many times. I got a key logger to help automate this so now I just press one key and the key logger will play back the sequence I recorded. I now want to be able to call the key logger from excel with a parameter to automate things further. Excel has its own macro recorder. Why not use it? "Stephen Miller" <StephenMiller@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:669A213C-F604-424D-A640-D90BEEDB83BC@mic...

Cannot Copy/Paste to some programs
I am using XP Home Edition and Word 2003 and Firefox browser. I find that, even though I can copy/pate between word.docs I cannot copy/paste to a Moonfruit website that I am building. I am in touch with moonfruit and it has them baffled. They are able to copy/paste to my website with no problem. I also find I cannot copy/Paste URLs from Firefox to IE browser. Any ideas? Thanks On 5 June, 15:45, Merryterry <ter...@fsmail.net> wrote: > I am using XP Home Edition and Word 2003 and Firefox browser. > > I find that, even though I can copy/pate between word.docs I ...

Pivot Tables #44
I have a set of data in columns with an entry for a date in each row. I would like to use a pivot table to calculate the totals in the rows by month as oppose to by day. How do I roll up a dd/mm/yy format to subtotal the months? Regards Filky -- filky ------------------------------------------------------------------------ filky's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=11801 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=492601 Right click on the date field in your pivot table. Select Group and Show Detail and then Group. Clic...

Combining Records
Hi All I have a query set up which currently contains three records. I would like to be able to add an expression which shows the results of a particular field summing all three records. Example; The three records show the same fields except the Abbreviated Name field which is different for all three. I would like the query to show just one field with the three abbreviations shown in the one record seperated by a comma. Instead of; Record 1 JD Record 2 MC Record 3 PD I would like; Record 1 JD, MC, PD Any ideas? Mikee Look at this answer given by Duane Hookom on th...

Money stopped working with WAMU
Ever since Washington Mutual updated their website my Microsoft Money downloads stopped working with those accounts. I upgraded to Money Plus and this is still not working. Microsoft Support is non responsive. Can anyone help me resolve this problem? Thanks, -Lary wrote: > Ever since Washington Mutual updated their website my Microsoft Money > downloads stopped working with those accounts. I upgraded to Money Plus and > this is still not working. Microsoft Support is non responsive. Can anyone > help me resolve this problem? > > Thanks, > I downloaded two ...

External table is not in the expected format. (Error 3274)
Why does Access 2007 (SP2) keep corrupting my linked Excel 2007 files? I'll be making a query or report based off of the linked file, and out of the blue I get error 3274. One minute the file is fine, and the next it's not. This never happened in previous versions. I am running under Vista for the first time as well. The linked file is local. What service pack are you one? Go to the Office Button, Access Options, Resources. You should be on SP2. Anything less and you might be missing a bug fix. -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Ke...

From Outlook 2010 to another program
Following a reply from Microsoft ("we know about your problem, we are working on it but currently we don't have a solution") I need to start using a different program until the problem is solved. O.S. is Seven, which is the best way to move all mails/accounts/contacts to something different? I read that Windows Live Mail doesn't import messages so I need to move to something out of Microsoft... -- /-\ /\/\ /\/\ /-\ /\/\ /\/\ /-\ T /-\ -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- - -=- >>>>> http://www.bb2002.it :) <<<<< ............ [ al lavoro ] ......

Unnecessary messages from the outlook program + ...
Hi there... When I've pressed "send and recieve" and waited... there are two messages from the program which I think should not be necessary and could be dispensed with possibly ?? Message 1. says, new mail has arrived would you like to read it now. Message 2. says, it has been moved. we know that the email messages that it's refering to are spam and have duly been put into the norton antispam folder... so why are these messages necessary and how do we configure to get rid of them. when I press "send and recieve" at the beginning I would like to see and read em...

Create Invoice Sales Transaction and Full payment at same time?
Hello all. I am looking to see if someone has an example of how I can create an Invoice and full Payment with a credit card as the type all at the same time. So what I am needing to do is create a text file for import where I will use the Invoice Type 3 abd create a debit and credit for a certain amount. Then I need to pay that Invoice in full using a credit card as the type. Can anyone let me know how I can handle this? I have a sample Sales Order Processing Integration document which helps alot. I just need to know now how to pay it at the same time. ...

Pivot table problwm
Hi, Trying to do a simple pivot table, with 6 columns based off data wit 30 columns and 7000 rows, but for some reason when i press finish o the pivot wizard i get the below message : "Microsoft Excel cannot make this change because there are too man rows or column items. Drag at least one row or column field off th pivot table or to page position. Alternativel, right click a field and then click Hide or Hide levels on the shortcut menu" Normally the tables are easy to make, but for some reason this jus isn't working. I've tried taking out columns but it still doesn'...

Fatloss computer program
I have been using this computer program for a couple weeks now and i am very pleased with the results so far. its a software fatloss program, if your looking for a diet/weightloss plan i reccomend you check this place out first: http://fatloss9.50webs.com ...

Creating a set number entries
I have made a worksheet that will give me a work order number followed by a sequential number. I have created the output so that it fits onto a sheet of labels. I can get 30 labels to a page, but in order to do 5 pages of labels I will have to re-enter my starting number 5 times. It there a way to set up my worksheet so I can tell it I want to start at 1 and end at 150 and all my entries will be there. No more or no less. The number may be different every time and I don't want to have the person who is going to be using this to have to think about what she has to do. What I have so f...

multiple text boxes when pasting in text from other programs
When copying and pasting text from Outlook Express or other programs into a newly created text box, each paragraph is going into its own separate text box within the original text box. This did not happen in Publisher 2000. Is there a way to 'turn off' this automatic text box creation and allow an entire article to go in as pasted? Miss Mood wrote: > When copying and pasting text from Outlook Express or other programs > into a newly created text box, each paragraph is going into its own > separate text box within the original text box. This did not happen > in Publi...

Creating a summary list from source data
Don't know if or how one would do this but I thought I would ask for suggestions... In worksheet1 have a a list of expenses. col a= date col b= description col c= amount and col d = expense category (drop down list). Each row is a seperate expense. There are about 250 in total. It would be great if in worksheet2 I could list each expense category and then under each list all expenses that match that category and then lower in the sheet do the next and the next... etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Marty Hi! Assume: Sheet1 A1:D1 are the column headers: Date, ...

How 2 update PowerPoint table with excel numbers with same formatt
Hi, I have office 2003. I have PowerPoint table (not linked in excel). Well formatted according to my requirement. But when I need to update few cells (numbers) copying from Excel into PowerPoint, formatting is getting mess up. I tried paste as unformatted paste it's paste everything in one column only. Can anyone please help me out so i can copy & paste only those particular cells from Excel into PowerPoint Table without losing any formatting? Thanks Masters in advance :) Rajesh ...

Word 2007 menu option missing from start programs menu
Office 2007 is installed on my computer and can only be accessed by going to the Recent Documents option and opening an existing doc. The menu selection for the program is missing from the MS Office option in the Start/All Programs menu. All other Office programs are listed. How do I get the Office 2007 program option to appear in the program menu again? ...

How do I stop plotted data from going to zero in a line chart?
Text in cells are plotted as zeros in Excel 2003 with Windows XP. Use #N/A instead of text. Jerry Dozier wrote: > Text in cells are plotted as zeros in Excel 2003 with Windows XP. I have multiple columns and enter tradiing (commodity) date daily. Formulae are in the columns which become values when the daily data is entered. I have been using Lotus and am trying with difficulty to convert to Excel "Dozier" wrote: > Text in cells are plotted as zeros in Excel 2003 with Windows XP. Formulas must return sumething (Excel has no missing or empty cell value). Anything o...

Unable to run any programs
I have a serious problem on my PC and wondered if anyone had any ideas. I re-booted my PC and after it came back up there were no icons in the system tray. When I tried to run any program from my task bar or desktop the system displayed the window which asks which program you would like to use to open the file (even though the files are all exe). I can open Word, Excel, PPT by double clicking on a relevant file(.doc .ppt .xls). however I can't open Outlook by clicking on a .pst file. I also can't run things from the 'run" window (like regedit, ipconfig etc). Als...

newbie needs examples of creating a recordset and inserting data using it in Access 2007?
I have created a Access 2007 database, Test.mdb, created a table called "mytest" and created required fields in it. Now, using VBA(Visual Basic for Applications) I want to insert data into it using a Recordset from a Word document. Can anyone please point me to a proper link where there is an example of how data is inserted using a Recordset into a Access 2007 table? I created one using resources on Web, but it is not correct. Sub TestRecordsetexample Dim cnn1 As ADODB.Connection Set cnn1 = CurrentProject.Connection Dim myRecordSet As New ADODB.Recordset myReco...

Help: Outlook changes Outlook express mail program
I just installed Office 2003 and I use OE as my mail default client. For whatever reason every time I reboot the computer Microsoft changes all my OE icons to Outlook icons. When I open the program Outlook opens and not OE. Does anyone know how to permanently stop this ? Why is it doing that ? Thank you. Multiposted and answered in the other newsgroups where posted --=20 Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "car crash" <carcrash1@gmail.com> wrote in message = news:1175729373.53801...

Word 2008 created files not fully readable by PC Word (2007 or 2003) users
When I created word files on my mac using Word 2008, pc users that I send the file to are only able to view the first two pages upon opening. I get the same result when trying to open the files on my word 2007 version through my Mac using the Parrallel program to access the windows OS. Is there an update that I am missing to correct this issue? Well, it's impossible to answer your question since you haven't given any indication of what your present update level is � or what version of OS X you're using. What I can tell you is that 12.2.3 is the latest available, so if t...

Combine many to one record
I have a database that keeps up with trip information and who attended the trip, the structure is, CREATE TABLE [dbo].[Trips] ( [TripID] [int] IDENTITY (1, 1) NOT NULL , [TripDate] [datetime] NULL , [StartTime] [datetime] NULL , [EndTime] [datetime] NULL , [RLU] [varchar] (10) COLLATE SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS NULL , [TripPlace] [varchar] (50) COLLATE SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS NULL , [TripPurpose] [varchar] (50) COLLATE SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS NULL ) ON [PRIMARY] GO CREATE TABLE [dbo].[TripAttendees] ( [UID] [int] IDENTITY (1, 1) NOT NULL , [TripID] [int...