2. prevent a user from running a macro from the tools menu (where user can
only run a macro from a command button)?

thanks!

#1.

Protect the workbook's structure.

In xl2003 menus:
tools|protection|protect workbook|check structure

#2.

Make the sub private:

Sub Testme()
becomes
Private Sub testme()

This will stop the user from seeing that subroutine--but if they know the name,
they can still type it and run it.

--

Dave Peterson
0

2. prevent a user from running a macro from the tools menu (where user can
only run a macro from a command button)?    Maybe you could tweak the macro
to ensure it's being run on the correct worksheet.   To prevent it from the
tools menu can be a bit complicated.
--
HTH,

Barb Reinhardt

"joemeshuggah" wrote:

> how can one prevent a user from
>
> 1. deleting a specific tab in a workbook?
>
> 2. prevent a user from running a macro from the tools menu (where user can
> only run a macro from a command button)?
>
> thanks!
solution 2 works great...thanks!

solution 1 though i am still not sure on.  i have a macro in the workbook
that adds sheets.  i added made the structure protection false before the
macro adds the sheets, and then true after the sheets are added.  however,
the user needs to have the ability to delete or rename the sheets that were
added in the macro.  is there a way around this?

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

> #1.
>
> Protect the workbook's structure.
>
> In xl2003 menus:
> tools|protection|protect workbook|check structure
>
> #2.
>
> Make the sub private:
>
> Sub Testme()
> becomes
> Private Sub testme()
>
> This will stop the user from seeing that subroutine--but if they know the name,
> they can still type it and run it.
>

> joemeshuggah wrote:
> >
> > how can one prevent a user from
> >
> > 1. deleting a specific tab in a workbook?
> >
> > 2. prevent a user from running a macro from the tools menu (where user can
> > only run a macro from a command button)?
> >
> > thanks!
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson
> .

Give them a macro or several macros that do exactly what you want.  Otherwise,
you'll find that sheets you don't deleted will be gone.

--

Dave Peterson
0

i believe i was able to get around it by having the new sheets created in a
new workbook.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

> Give them a macro or several macros that do exactly what you want.  Otherwise,
> you'll find that sheets you don't deleted will be gone.
>
> joemeshuggah wrote:
> >
> > solution 2 works great...thanks!
> >
> > solution 1 though i am still not sure on.  i have a macro in the workbook
> > that adds sheets.  i added made the structure protection false before the
> > macro adds the sheets, and then true after the sheets are added.  however,
> > the user needs to have the ability to delete or rename the sheets that were
> > added in the macro.  is there a way around this?
> >
> > "Dave Peterson" wrote:
> >
> > > #1.
> > >
> > > Protect the workbook's structure.
> > >
> > > In xl2003 menus:
> > > tools|protection|protect workbook|check structure
> > >
> > > #2.
> > >
> > > Make the sub private:
> > >
> > > Sub Testme()
> > > becomes
> > > Private Sub testme()
> > >
> > > This will stop the user from seeing that subroutine--but if they know the name,
> > > they can still type it and run it.

> > > --
> > >
> > > Dave Peterson
> > > .
> > >

> --
>
> Dave Peterson
> .

Prevent the sales from Tendering when another Item is Scan at POS
Hello, We have serveral items that our Retail does have price assign to them. The cashier will scan the next item. They will not notice the last item they did not enter a price. Now the 2nd item is the price for the 1st item. Then the cashier will tender out the sales without noticing they have an incorrect total for this transaction. Then the store manager have to performed a post void for this transaction, which hold up the customer awaiting to check out. Have anyone else encounter this and know a way to limited sale from being total out of an acceptable sales amount...

same user@ 2 domains
Hi, I have read and tried the article "Hosting Multiple SMTP Domains on Exchange" from http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF010.html. When I sent an email to 2nd domain, the exchange server response with an error message saying no such user. Detail info: I installed the active directory's domain 12345.com and email for everyone@12345.com works fine. However, my boss bought a domain name 123.com. I am asked to make both everyone@123.com and everyone@12345.com work. It means everyone has two email address pointing to the same mail box. Please help. Thanks Sincere...

unexpected deletion of e-mails
Dear All during last week, I have some reports from my users that their inbox have been empty suddenly and unexpected. I could not find any virus on their systems or any Error in my server. I have an exchange server 2003 and my clients use Microsoft Outlook XP or Microsoft Outlook 2000. I appreciate any guide. Regards M.Hasanabadi On 3 Jul 2006 00:51:43 -0700, hasanabadi@gmail.com wrote: >Dear All >during last week, I have some reports from my users that their inbox >have been empty suddenly and unexpected. I could not find any virus on >their systems or any Error in my server. ...

preventing date from changing
I have an If condition that sets the date to "today()" true or "today() + 1" if false. My question is how do I prevent the date from changing? If the date is set for today, then tomorrow I don't want to "update". How can this be done? thanks You could copy the cell, and paste as values, before you close the file. (Edit>Paste Special, Values) Or, you could enter today's date in a cell in the row (Ctrl+; ), then refer to that cell in the formula. For example, instead of: =IF(A2="Local",TODAY(),TODAY()+1) enter: =IF(A2="Local...

does publisher 2000 run on windows xp?
thanks for helping if you know the answer Yes, all versions of Publisher run on XP, Publisher 1.0 maybe the exception. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Baudouin" <Baudouin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6AA35200-15D7-47F2-8471-4E6737171B6A@microsoft.com... > thanks for helping if you know the answer Mary Sauer <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Yes, all versions of Publisher run on XP, Publisher 1.0 maybe the > exception. It runs. Not on...

show menu and bars
Hi, I have an excel sheet where all bars and excel menu are hidden. How can i make everything back to visible using only Key combinaison ? thanks a lot, Maileen if menu bar is available click view(menu)-toolbars and check whether the standard and formatting are checked if menu bar is not avilable it must be hidden somewhere. take the cursor to the top line and try to pull it down or try to reduce i.e. click central icon on the extreme right. =================== On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 12:09:56 +0200, Maileen <nospan@email.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I have an excel sheet where ...

How to delete a LINK
Hello! We have a user with about 10 links on the spreadsheet. When running the AUTOMATIC update, Excel crashes and closes down. We go back to the file again, run the LINKS individaully and one of the LINKS is causing the problem. How can we delete/remove this link and add the new link from the good spreadsheet. Thank you! You might see if this FindLink utility helps find where the link is. http://www.oaltd.co.uk/DLCount/DLCount.asp?file=FindLink.zip -- Jim "TG" <TG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:506DD490-81AF-42BD-826C-0B4BE75338DF@microsoft.com... |...

How to restrict emailing to internal users only for certain mailbox in Exchange 2003?
How to restrict emailing to internal users only for certain mailbox in Exchange 2003? -- Danny From ADUC you can go to the Exchange tabs and control who is allowed to send to a mailbox. Setting it to "authenticated users" should accomplish what you want. There are probably other ways as well. -GT "Danny Hoon" <danny.hoon@phoonhuat.com> wrote in message news:eE8aMDKIFHA.2784@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > How to restrict emailing to internal users only for certain mailbox in > Exchange 2003? > > > -- > Danny > Thanks but doesn't ...

Excel 2008 running very slowly
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel In the last two months I've noticed Excel running very slowly. I didn't make any changes and I've run the Microsoft updates and any Mac OS Updates available. I am running 10.5.8 and Excel 2008. Any suggestions would be appreciated. It's frustrating to say the least! Which printer are you using? If you go into Normal view, is it still slow? There's a bug affecting some Canon and HP Printer drivers that causes Excel to get VERY slow in Page Layout view. You need to replace the printe...

How to create and access (add/delete mails) .PST file at runtime?
Hi, I need to store selected mails into some different .pst file at runtime. Also want to access those mails in .pst at runtime. I can import and export mails into .MSG file. But it is hard to maintain mails as .msg files. My queries are, 1. How to create/open .PST file at runtime ? 2. How to add/delete (import/export) mails (any format like .MSG, ..EML, etc.,) into .PST at runtime ? Is there any way to handle this kind of situation thru Outlook object model or CDO or Extended MAPI or Redemption or any other way? Thanks in advance with best regards, Kumar 1. Use Namespace.AddStore/Re...

Personal Macro Workbook #5
Had a computer malfunction this morning while working in a spreadsheet & this afternoon I notice that all my macros have disappeared. Not only that but when I try to recreate a new one, if I choose to store it in 'Personal Macro Workbook', I get the following message... 'Personal Macro Workbook in the startup folder must stay open for recording,' followed by 'Unable to record.' What on earth is going on?? Thanks in advance for any ideas that you might have. Montana Apparently the "malfunction" affected or was caused by the Perosnal.xls. Go to He...

outlook feature to prevent forgetting attachments
Often people forget to send attachments with emails. Very often they will write something along the lines of "I have attached the minutes from our meeting" and then forget to atcually attach a file. Is there a way therefore that outlook can check the text of an email for words like attach, attached, attachment and query the user before sending if there does not appear to be an attachment? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree"...

SMTP Error On Exchange 2003 with One Users
Hi, Our Clients have SBS2003, and from one client when externel emails are sent this error message is displayed : There was a SMTP communication problem with the > recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator. > <xxxxx.com #5.5.0 smtp;550 <pshah@xxxx.com>... Not > permitted> I have checked all the permissions, and he has them, even gave him Administrator Rights, still no joy, internal emails are ok. Can anyone point me in the righr direction Pls Jay ...

prevent user from deleting a tab prevent running macro from menu
how can one prevent a user from 1. deleting a specific tab in a workbook? 2. prevent a user from running a macro from the tools menu (where user can only run a macro from a command button)? thanks! #1. Protect the workbook's structure. In xl2003 menus: tools|protection|protect workbook|check structure #2. Make the sub private: Sub Testme() becomes Private Sub testme() This will stop the user from seeing that subroutine--but if they know the name, they can still type it and run it. joemeshuggah wrote: > > how can one prevent a user from...

Macros upon opening excel
I have a problem, I have a worksheet that I created and it worked fine and when you opened it it opened normally. I recently had to protect some of the cells so people wouldnt mess with my formulas and now when I open the worksheet it always asks to enable or disable the macros but I do not have any macros made. Is there something I am missing? Thanks in advance. Upload files to see. <angela.gay@gmail.com> ??????:026394a2-3c02-4066-988a-0d69e82a740e@13g2000yql.googlegroups.com... >I have a problem, I have a worksheet that I created and it worked fine > and when you opened it it ...

Re: preventing distribution lists from printing
I work for a large corporation and I often get outlook mail with ver long distribution lists. Is there any way to prohibit these lenght list from printing so that I only get the message? Thank - buddy ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.mcse.m ----------------------------------------------------------------------- View this thread: http://www.mcse.ms/message548641.htm ...

Prevent calculation of fields in split view
Hi all! I have following problem: Most of my forms are displayed in split view, within some of them i am doing different calculations, displaying the calculated values in text boxes. Since some of those calculations are quite time-consuming, i dont want Access to calc. the values for _each_ record in the split-view (which it is doing right now). I want it to just calc the values for the record currently viewed, is there any way to do this? best regards, --Michael ...

Macro needed to Paste Values and prevent Macro operation #2
Sub Macro1() ' ' Dim myBk As Workbook Set myBk = Workbooks.Open(Application.GetOpenFilename(, , "Select the File")) Range("To_Database").Copy ThisWorkbook.Worksheets(1).Range("A65536").End(xlUp)(1).Offset(2, 1) myBk.Close False End Sub In the above macro I need to prevent macros operating in the External File when it opens. I also need the Named Range ("To_Database") from the External File to be copied into the file from which this macro operates as PasteValues. At the moment the Formula in the Named Range is coming across, so that I'm ...

Chart created with a macro changes location according to screen resolution.
I have a macro that creates a chart aligned with a set of cells. I another user runs this macro with a different screen resolution th chart covers a different area of the spreadsheet partially covering th data. Also if the other users have additional or less toolbars, th location of the chart is offset. Is there a way to assign the locatio of a chart to cells and not screen location. Thanks as always -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Use something along the lines of: Sub testIt() With ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(1) .Left = Cells(3, 3).Left .Top = Cells(3...

How to change user name and password in ODBC connection
My data is in sql2k server and my users access information or running report thru Microsoft Access 2003. Whenever they run the report, it gives them error. So they have to uncheck the trusted connection and enter sql username and password to get to the data. I do I configure and where should I change so user dont have you do this. It is irritation. I have one user name and password which is set for readonly in sql. I dont see any place that I can save this username and password. I would really appreciate if you kindly help me. Thanks ...

User Name Change
Thanks in Advance, I have a user who has changed her last name. I have changed all references to her last name except one email proxy which is not primary. She can log on as her new name, but all emails still reference her old last name that she send. This is even with replies to emails sent to her using her new name. I noticed that the mailbox name in Exchange System Manager still shows the old name, as well as her log ons. I went into ldp and did not find anything helpful. Can someone please point me in the right direction? Mark Simmerman Napa, CA So the non-primary e-mail address...

Record Excel 2003 Macro to link two documents
I have to record a macro to link two Excel 2003 docuemtns. One document has check boxes so whenever a person checks out the box a new screen pops up (that is part of the second document) with the information pertaining to the check box in question. I would not need an entire document to pop up but only a part of it. Thank you I think you're wasting your time trying to record that macro. I'd be looking at learning VBA to write it. Lesson 1 is free, and who knows? Maybe it's all you'd need: http://www.vbaexpress.com/training/lesson01.htm ************ Anne Troy www.Offic...

Synching deleted records
Is there any support in 1.2 or planned for a future release for being able to determine which records have been deleted since a prior date? Currently, it seems that the Deletion Service permanently removes any records from the database that have been flagged for deletion. Is there a way to hook into this service to log deleted records? I know that Sales For Outlook doesn't support synching deleted contacts or email, so I'm not very hopeful, but I wanted to ask before going down the longer road. I'm interested in most types of CRM records. Thanks, Mark You can tap into the del...

Prevent Forwarding #2
Hi. I need to know how to make an email message unable to be forwarded to a third party. For example if I sent an email to John, John couldn't then forward that message to someone else. Thanks!! Shannon <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi. I need to know how to make an email message unable to > be forwarded to a third party. For example if I sent an > email to John, John couldn't then forward that message to > someone else. Can't be done, in general. -- Brian Tillman You'd need to use a service such as those listed at http://www.slipst...

Macro that adds all numbers that have formulas
I have a worksheet that contains formulas in column C. I need a macro that will add the results of the formaulas. The result should be entered 2 lines after the data. This will be in liew of doing subtotals. I could use some help with this Thanks, Carol Hi Carol Sub SumC FirstRow=3D2 'First formula row LastRow=3DRange("C" & Rows.Count).End(xlup).Row MyTotal=3DWorksheetFunction.Sum(Range("C" & FirstRow & ":C" & LastRow)) Cells(LastRow+2, "C")=3DMyTotal End Sub Regards, Per On 31 Jan., 19:27, jjnotme <no...@n...