Pivot Tables - How to display multiple items?

Hi,
I was windering if some one could provide me with a link to a tutorial for
what I am trying to do.

I have an aggregate table. This table has several groups and several
columns. The intersection of a group and column is an aggreate value such as
Sum function of a column value in that group.

Normally a Pivot table shows 1 aggregate value at the intersection of a
group and a column. What I want is:
To show more than one value at the intersection besides the aggregate value.
In other words, if a simple pivot table cell is:
Aggr(x,y) where aggr is an aggregate function such as Sum()
I want to be able to show (on separate rows under the same group):

Aggr(x,y)
F(Aggr(x,y))
G(Aggr(x,y))

Where F and G are functions of a single variable say F(x)=x/2 and G(x) = x/3

I hope this is clear.

Note: I tried to do this with adding 'items' but did not work.

Thanks much.

EK

I did not find a way to update the post, so I am adding this to the original
post.

1-I am not asking for a Macro to do this, if some one knows how to do this
manualy its OK
2-Adding 'Items' would work if the rows (groups) were constant but in my
case, groups depend on the incomming data and can't be predicated.

Thanks again...

On Jan 8, 9:47=A0am, ekareem <ekar...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I did not find a way to update the post, so I am adding this to the origi=
nal
> post.
>
> 1-I am not asking for a Macro to do this, if some one knows how to do thi=
> manualy its OK
> 2-Adding 'Items' would work if the rows (groups) were constant but in my
> case, groups depend on the incomming data and can't be predicated.
>
> Thanks again...
>

> "ekareem" wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I was windering if some one could provide me with a link to a tutorial =
for
> > what I am trying to do.
>
> > I have an aggregate table. This table has several groups and several
> > columns. The intersection of a group and column is an aggreate value su=
ch as
> > Sum function of a column value in that group.
>
> > Normally a Pivot table shows 1 aggregate value at the intersection of a
> > group and a column. What I want is:
> > To show more than one value at the intersection besides the aggregate v=
alue.
> > In other words, if a simple pivot table cell is:
> > Aggr(x,y) where aggr is an aggregate function such as Sum()
> > I want to be able to show (on separate rows under the same group):
>
> > Aggr(x,y)
> > F(Aggr(x,y))
> > G(Aggr(x,y))
>
> > Where F and G are functions of a single variable say F(x)=3Dx/2 and G(x=
) =3D x/3

> > I hope this is clear.
>
> > Note: I tried to do this with adding 'items' but did not work.
>
> > Thanks much.
>
> > EK- Hide quoted text -

You can use formula in pivot table to add calculated column which
contains your formulas like Aggr(x,y)

Hope it is usefull.

Regards,
Madiya
0
Madiya

Displaying Image(RGB888 data ) (buffered data ,not from file) on a Dialog box
Hi, I want to Display the Picture on a dialog box I have the Image(RGB888) data Which is taken from the driver I want to display it on the window I tried with CreateBitmap(320,240,1,24,NULL); but it is not working How can i proceed Thanks See if this will help http://www.kbalertz.com/kb_Q94326.aspx#appliesto AliR. <darshan.tapdia@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1155227161.797014.51780@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > > Hi, > > I want to Display the Picture on a dialog box > > I have the Image(RGB888) data Which is taken from the driver > > I want ...

MRP Regeneration (Items)
Hi, I receive this error in MRP Regeneration (Items) [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint 'PKMP010330'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'MP010330'. When restarting a full regeneration after that error, it' ok. ...

Pivot Tables #4

Pivot Table Counting

Subform Causes Main Form to show same record Multiple times
I have a form named PatientsInfo that is based on table Tbl_Patients. In that form I have a subform that is based on table Tbl_FedPovertyLevel. I have 2 fields from Tbl_FedPovertyLevel on the subform -- HouseholdMemberName, HouseholdMemberIncome. When an additional HouseholdMember is entered into the subform, it links to the Tbl_Patients correctly. But on the record selector for the PatientsInfo main form, there are now several instances of the same Patient based on how many HouseholdMembers I have entered into the subform. I have to click the next record button several time...

Pivot Tables

the text of item during Drag'n'Drop of item of CTreeCtrl
Hi! MSDN sample cmnctrl1 works. But my code can't show the item text of CTreeCtrl during Drag'n'Drop :(. What did I forget to set? Thanks. ...

Pivot Chart Formatting #5

MULTIPLE HOTMAIL ACCOUNTS #2
Anyone figure out how to send/receive multiple Hotmail accounts from within Outlook 2003, or 2002.? (or even 2000 for the matter) Thanks Multiple Hotmail accounts is only supported in Outlook 2003. 2002 can use only one account and Outlook 2000 does not have the ability to use any Hotmail accounts. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, John F asked: | A...

join multiple pivot tables?

Automatically assigning items to new vendors
Working with a client who has a fixed set of services that they purchase from doctors. Each doctor is set up as a vendor in GP (v10, sp3) and all service items need to be associated with each doctor for use on POs. Additionally when new doctors are added thay also need to have all service items assigned. Has anyone tried doing this? I was thinking about a trigger based on new vendor inserts. Any guidance would be appreciated. Correct, You will need a trigger for the new vendors and you will need to run an INSERT statement for the existing ones that are not yet associated. Best r...

Displaying the actual data that error message is referring to 10-12-07
Is there a way to display the actual records that are being imported from excel to access if they continue giving you an error message? ...

the item has not been retrivered from the server
can't open mail No details provided for anyone to even guess what's going on. Please respond and include the following information: Version of Outlook Type of mail account O/S, including SP The exact and complete error message, including any error numbers. When the error occurs. When did Outlook last work? Are you viewing the send/receive progress? If so, click on the errors tab and copy the error message here. -- Kathleen Orland "can't open mail" <can't open mail@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7DCD32D0-CC1D-476A-A904-...

Help with pivot table

Hiding a menu item
Hi, I am working in MDI/ MFC application. I want to hide a menu item if all the options below it are disabled. File Option1 Option2 Option3 If I disable all the three options in my code then I want File to disappear. Has anyone tried to do something like this before. Thanks, Siddharth You can dynamically add and remove items from the menus: <skasat@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1141344812.002321.127610@v46g2000cwv.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I am working in MDI/ MFC application. I want to hide a menu item if > all the options below it are disabled. &g...

Using formulas for pivot table

Hyperlink in Pivot Table

chart options show data table
Currently using 2 workbooks to produce 1 chart - the source data in workbook 1 and the chart in workbook 2. We also are using the "show data table" option to most easily view all values in the chart. We would like this data to keep it's currency format to best reflect the values in the chart; however, the data table loses this formatting when we close workbook 1. Is there any way to hang onto this formatting after the workbook is closed? Data tables in charts are not particularly flexible or capable. You combine the workbooks. Alternatively, put a table in the chart's...

Flowcharting Table relations
Hey guys and girls. New one for you. I am doing an IT audit of Great Plains and need to flowchart how the data files are related to each other. In other words, how does one file feed into another file, and what field or fields in a particular table is used to relate/link to another table. Does anyone where I can find such information? Thanks Check out the Great Plains SDK available on the installation CDs. There are several diagrams that describe table relationships. Also, there are module documents that contain posting flowcharts. Regards, Kevin Rood Corporate Software Consultants...

non-taxable item
Hi, this is the scenario, I would like to know if there is a way to show non-taxable sales figure in the z-report. I would like to see the breakdown for the sales figure as follows Vat Sales Tax Amount Non taxable Amount Any help will be appreciated. -- Kay Yes, you could email me your z-report template, and i will do that for you. Please visit our website: www.tadsystem.com. "Kay" wrote: > Hi, this is the scenario, I would like to know if there is a way to show > non-taxable sales figure in the z-report. > > I would like to see the breakdown for the sales figu...

Pivot Tables #40
Does anyone know if there is a way to quickly clear a field list? I can't find a keyboard shortcut or anything else in any of the help/support avenues I've tried. Thanks in advance for the help. -- ERR229 Are you trying to clear all the check boxes in the field's dropdown list? In Excel 2002 and later versions, there's a Show All checkbox. In Excel 2000, and earlier versions, you can use programming to hide or show the items -- there's sample code here: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot03.html ERR229 wrote: > Does anyone know if there is a way to quickl...

SDI -To display a control above the status bar
Hi, Im new to MFC. I want to display a tab control above status bar in a SDI application.I tried GetClientRect in OnInitialUpdate of view n displaying the tab.But the client rect it returned there is entirely different from client rect when application is maximised. So is there any way to get the client rect(in maximised case), so that i can display tab just above the status bar?Or is there any standard call which i can make use of after the application is maximised. Thanks a lot.. Asif Mohammed Asif wrote: > Hi, > Im new to MFC. I want to display a tab control above status bar in a ...

I need to convert a word table to excel
When I try doing this by copying the table it appears in excelwith one or two empty lines in between each of my lines that I needed converting. Why is this? usually means there are superfluous paragraph marks in the Word table. "Aaron" <Aaron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:012E3413-1F64-4018-BC14-A2D6AB68B668@microsoft.com... > When I try doing this by copying the table it appears in excelwith one or > two > empty lines in between each of my lines that I needed converting. Why is > this? ...