Pasting Data into a webpage text box

Simon move my posting at the codecage from excel to word so i'm reposting at
MS so it appears where I wanted the posting.

I'm working om a Webpage project where I'm copying from a word document to a
webpage with a box similar to the message box I'm presently typing in. The
webpage doesn't allow modifying the innertext or innerHTML. I saved the word
document to HTM file format. I then open the html file as a text file and
perform a readall. Then simply move it to the outter html

IE.myobject.outterhtml = fs.readall

This destroys the box and just displays the tagged data. I was thinking of
just replacing the body protion of the outterhtml but I can't even find the
body tags and don't think this will work. Any suggestions on the best
approach. I know from looking at the proerties of the obx object is does
allow pasting but not sure the syntax to copy the data from the DOC into the
webpage object.

Joel, instead of saving as a webpage; usign the word object cant you read
from the word doc directly . Simon would have moved this to MSword group
considering this option.

"Joel" wrote:

> Simon move my posting at the codecage from excel to word so i'm reposting at
> MS so it appears where I wanted the posting.
>
> I'm working om a Webpage project where I'm copying from a word document to a
> webpage with a box similar to the message box I'm presently typing in. The
> webpage doesn't allow modifying the innertext or innerHTML. I saved the word
> document to HTM file format. I then open the html file as a text file and
> perform a readall. Then simply move it to the outter html
>
> IE.myobject.outterhtml = fs.readall
>
> This destroys the box and just displays the tagged data. I was thinking of
> just replacing the body protion of the outterhtml but I can't even find the
> body tags and don't think this will work. Any suggestions on the best
> approach. I know from looking at the proerties of the obx object is does
> allow pasting but not sure the syntax to copy the data from the DOC into the
> webpage object.

How?  I know how to copy from a wor document, but HOW do you paste into a IE
explorer object?

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

> Joel, instead of saving as a webpage; usign the word object cant you read
> from the word doc directly . Simon would have moved this to MSword group
> considering this option.
>
> "Joel" wrote:
>
> > Simon move my posting at the codecage from excel to word so i'm reposting at
> > MS so it appears where I wanted the posting.
> >
> > I'm working om a Webpage project where I'm copying from a word document to a
> > webpage with a box similar to the message box I'm presently typing in. The
> > webpage doesn't allow modifying the innertext or innerHTML. I saved the word
> > document to HTM file format. I then open the html file as a text file and
> > perform a readall. Then simply move it to the outter html
> >
> > IE.myobject.outterhtml = fs.readall
> >
> > This destroys the box and just displays the tagged data. I was thinking of
> > just replacing the body protion of the outterhtml but I can't even find the
> > body tags and don't think this will work. Any suggestions on the best
> > approach. I know from looking at the proerties of the obx object is does
> > allow pasting but not sure the syntax to copy the data from the DOC into the
> > webpage object.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms536419(VS.85).aspx

Tim

"Joel" <Joel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How?  I know how to copy from a wor document, but HOW do you paste into a
> IE
> explorer object?
>
> "Jacob Skaria" wrote:
>
>> Joel, instead of saving as a webpage; usign the word object cant you read
>> from the word doc directly . Simon would have moved this to MSword group
>> considering this option.
>>
>> "Joel" wrote:
>>
>> > Simon move my posting at the codecage from excel to word so i'm
>> > reposting at
>> > MS so it appears where I wanted the posting.
>> >
>> > I'm working om a Webpage project where I'm copying from a word document
>> > to a
>> > webpage with a box similar to the message box I'm presently typing in.
>> > The
>> > webpage doesn't allow modifying the innertext or innerHTML. I saved the
>> > word
>> > document to HTM file format. I then open the html file as a text file
>> > and
>> > perform a readall. Then simply move it to the outter html
>> >
>> > IE.myobject.outterhtml = fs.readall
>> >
>> > This destroys the box and just displays the tagged data. I was thinking
>> > of
>> > just replacing the body protion of the outterhtml but I can't even find
>> > the
>> > body tags and don't think this will work. Any suggestions on the best
>> > approach. I know from looking at the proerties of the obx object is
>> > does
>> > allow pasting but not sure the syntax to copy the data from the DOC
>> > into the
>> > webpage object.

0
Tim
11/22/2009 6:48:29 PM
Tim still not working.  I tried a lot of things.  I using excel VBA and added
references for the Microsoft Internet Controls and Microsoft html object
library.  I think the correct method should be HTMLpaste but not sure what
object to use.

I presently have the following
Set documentBody = IE.document.getelementbyid("compose_editorArea")
documentBody.document.body.pastehtml (HTMLText)

"Tim Williams" wrote:

> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms536419(VS.85).aspx
>
> Tim
>

> "Joel" <Joel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > How?  I know how to copy from a wor document, but HOW do you paste into a
> > IE
> > explorer object?
> >
> > "Jacob Skaria" wrote:
> >
> >> Joel, instead of saving as a webpage; usign the word object cant you read
> >> from the word doc directly . Simon would have moved this to MSword group
> >> considering this option.

> .

Without knowing what's in that iframe it's hard for me to suggest other
approaches.
If you want to send me the HTML off-line then I can take a look

Tim
tim j williams at gmail dot (etc) no spaces

> Tim still not working.  I tried a lot of things.  I using excel VBA and
> added
> references for the Microsoft Internet Controls and Microsoft html object
> library.  I think the correct method should be HTMLpaste but not sure what
> object to use.
>
> I presently have the following
> Set documentBody = IE.document.getelementbyid("compose_editorArea")
> documentBody.document.body.pastehtml (HTMLText)
>
> "Tim Williams" wrote:
>
>> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms536419(VS.85).aspx
>>
>> Tim
>>

>> "Joel" <Joel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > How?  I know how to copy from a wor document, but HOW do you paste into
>> > IE
>> > explorer object?

>> .

0
Tim

need to create a list box based on the selection of another list
I've done this in excel using =indirect in the list box. need to repeat in acces.. did have a response about a week ago, but cannot trace the link someone gave me. sorry to have to ask again, but it looked exatly what i wanted - had a new computer at work and they lost all my stored data... thanks what's your question ? -- Wayne Manchester, England. "Gover" wrote: > I've done this in excel using =indirect in the list box. need to repeat in > acces.. did have a response about a week ago, but cannot trace the link > someone gave me. sorry to have t...

Paste special treats cells as a picture
I just got a new computer, and a newer version of excel, which is great, but whenever I try to copy from one file to another, my paste special function treats the copied cells as a picture. Instead of the normal paste special popup, where it asks me how I want the data to come out, I get a different popup that shows the source as a "Microsoft Office Excel Worksheet Object." It asks me what format I want the picture to come out as, and gives me a list of different file formats. If I try to just paste a link, it puts a picture of the other file on the new one. I talked to so...

text must be seen as code
Hi all, I am struggling with the following: I have made a table where a define Case / Description Case / SQL-code The sql-code is the correct code (with [table]!... etc.) which need to be checked if a record belongs to case 1 , case 2 , etc. I want the code for these codes all togheter in a table to make it easier for my successor to maintain it. Now the problem: In a query I make the following check: Case 6: IIf([Overview cases]![SQL-code],"OK","NOK") This does not work because access sees the test as TEXT, how can I make it clear to access that this [Overview cases...

Data merge from Excel 2007
I am creating a series of open house flyers in Publisher 2007 which will pull their data from an Excel 2007 data source. I am using the Catalog Merge function. I want to be able to determine the numeric format in the merged document, but so far I am not able to do that. I have made a table in the Excel source file and saved it. The table is in a named range. I have gone into My Data Sources and created a new ODBC connection to the named range. This opens a new Excel workbook. In Publisher, I start the Catalog Merge wizard, then connect to the data source. I drag the desired fields into the ...

Text values to numeric values
Is there a formula to convert a text value in a cell to a numeri value? Thanks, Jayveeja -- jayveeja ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jayveejay's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=504 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39463 Good afternoon Jatveejay Yes there is. Say your numeric value is in A1, in B1 the formula: =VALUE(A1) will show the number as a value. If you wanted to convert a number in its cell from a text number to a value number, ie., not use a formula in a di...

how do i plot this kind of data using excel
need a help in plotting data presented in class form, e.g; variables for A in condition 1 ranges from 67-89, in condition 2they range from 52-67, in condition 3; 65-87, in conditon 4, 62-83. Variables for B in condition 1 60-77,in condition 2, 50-64, in condition 3, 54-73, in condition 4 51-70 Tamm, Try setting your data up like this: Low High A1 67 89 B1 60 77 A2 52 67 B2 50 64 A3 65 87 B3 54 73 A4 62 83 B4 51 70 Then, plot it using either a clustered column chart or a stacked column chart. ---- Regards, John Mansfield http://www.pdbook.com "TAMM" wrote: > need a he...

Extracting Data #3
Following is an example of the type of data I have in Column A of my spreadsheet. This is just one record there are hundreds that are similar. I would like to extract the Address and Owner and the 3 lines below that to another column, worksheet or workbook (it doesn't matter). I am new to Excel so I don't know if this is possibe or not. I appreciate the help. ROLL NUMBER : 002-650-067-44-0000 JURISDICTION: 200 - ADDRESS : 2860- 2858 W First OWNER : ABC Company LTD 2429 MCBAIN AVE Washington DC 123456 EQUITY: Regist...

Copy and paste formula; Value pastes instead
Excel 2002 I've tried starting several worksheets, checking formats, pasting special (formula only). For some reason the formula actually copies OK by looking at the formula bar, but the value in the cell is identical to the value of the copied cell.Incorrect. Tried even the simplest formulas with no joy. BK ...

"Paste Special" with the right click mouse
I would like to have the option of "Paste Special" with the right click mouse in all microsoft office suite. Thanks, ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=de847738-df56-4...

Text data
I am entering text data into a spreadsheet and I need to know how to calculate the number of times particular words/phrases appear in each column. I am very new to excel, so any help would be appreciated! =COUNTIF(A1:A1000,"word") replace A1:A1000 with your range and word with the word you want to count -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "excelbeginner" <excelbeginner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FE55CF40-F3B6-42F3-918F-D200690758F6@microsoft.com... >I am entering text data into a spreadsheet and I need to know how to > calculate the nu...

Journal Entry Data Dump
Our auditors want a data dump (into Excel preferably) of all Journal Entries made during our fiscal year. Does anyone know of a way to accomplish this? Thanks! Kurt, You can do this in SmartList, under Account Transactions. Limit the transaction date range to get just your fiscal year. Remember to change the number of transactions SmartList brings back, since by default it's only 1000. Also, if you get more than about 65,000 transactions back, you will run into Excel limitations, so you may want to break this up further - maybe one export per month. Hope that helps. -- Vict...

Text boxes in e-mail newsletter
I want to send an e-mail newsletter in the body of an e-mail. When I e-mail the newsletter to myself or another person, the formatting looks fine, but if you click on any of the text, a text box outline appears around the text. How can I make it so that this box doesn't show up if someone clicks on the text? Even though you can click on any object of the email, they cannot be edited. I have no idea why this happens. If you save the email into a folder this phenomenon doesn't occur. A better solution would be to send your newsletter as a PDF. Publisher 2007? There is a *save as a...

How do I add error bars unique to each data point?
I have a data series that I want to add error bars to, however I would like to have unique error bar values for each individual point? Is this possible? Thank you.. Glenn Hi, On the error bar tab of the format dialog for a data series are 2 ref edit boxes that will allow you to select a range of cells containing a unique value for each point. Cheers Andy Glenn wrote: > I have a data series that I want to add error bars to, however I would like > to have unique error bar values for each individual point? Is this possible? > Thank you.. > Glenn -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP ...

Clipboard pasting
I copy something to the clipboard using Publisher 2007 and the computer tells me it is in the clipboard; however, when I go to paste that information into another document, Publisher acts like it is not there. I then need to close the document I wish to paste it into, reopen it, and then, like magic, there is the information in the clipboard and I am able to paste it. UGH!!!!!! -- Ginger Christenson Open the Office Clipboard in Publisher. Edit, Office Clipboard. What program are you pasting to? If it is an Office program, open the Office Clipboard in that program too. -- Mary Sauer ...

Count data or list
I am trying to count a data group and return the quanity of unique entries: It might look like this: The data would be in cols & rows 2 green widgets 25.5 inches long 3 green widgets 28.3 inches long 1 brown widgets 52.1 inches long 2 green widgets 25.5 inches long 1 brown widgets 52.1 inches long the result would be: 4 green widgets 25.5 inches long 3 green widgets 28.3 inches long 2 brown widgets 52.1 inches long Any simple straight forward way to do this??? Thanks, Spydor -- spydor ----------------------------------------------------...

Copy/Paste loop
I have a form on one sheet in excel, on the next sheet i have mad different coloums with different headings. I want the data from th form to be copyed to each heading e.g. name in form is copyed to unde the coloum with title name. So each time a user fills in there details he/she clicks submit an there data is copyed to the next page, like a small database. Is there a macro that can do this as i keep getting different error each time. I want this to continue in a loop Please help!!:confused -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com This might get you started: Option Explicit Opti...

empty data from a pivot table
i've a pivot table with data, format and so on. For create the table i've include data from an external source data. Now, before to send out the workbook i want to clear all the data, so that the pivot table is empty but not lost the format of the columns and the fields. How can do it? I hope to explain well my problem. Thanks for any help! ...

Numeric values in data area of the pivot tables
How can I bring a numeric data into the data area of a pivot table? I need to sort the numeric values in the numerical order. Any idea? ...

Pasting formulas advances cell reference
Hi When i paste special from one cell into another, it advances the cell reference and i just want an exact match i.e. A1 formula ='Feb 2010'!C18 but when i paste it into another cell it pastes it as ='Feb 2010'!D18 The C changes to D, how do i stop this happening? Thanks for any help in advance Derek Use absolute referencing. Below are the different reference styles. A1 Relative referencing. Both column and row will change if you copy or drag the formula. $A1 The column reference is fixed and will not change A$1 The row reference is fixed and wil...

Cancel a combo box change with VBA
Hi, I have a combo box from which I'd like to cancel the change depending on the answer selected from a msgbox. It goes something like that... The user changes the combo box value. The system asks the user to confirm he wants to change the value. The user says No. The combo box is left untouched. There's more to it but I simplified it so that it's easier to explain. Can anybody point me in the right direction as to how I should proceed to accomplish this with VBA? Thanks in advance! Assuming it's a bound combo box, put code like the following in its BeforeUpdate event:...

lookup data in table
I am having trouble getting a result from the table below. I need to know how many of each Door Type and size which come from dropdown lists and also send through a related price. A B C D E 870 870 Readicote 720 PBAL 2 MIL 1 870 MIL 101 COLONIAL 720 1030 Readicote 870 Readicote I need this to display as: 1/1030 Readicote 3/870 Readicote 1/720 Readicote 1/870 MIL 101 1/720 PBAL 2 Thanks in Advance. Use a formula like: =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:D100=870)*(E1:E100="Readicote")) & "/" & 870 &a...

Can I create an Excel chart from non-contiguous data cells?
Using Excel Office 2003, I'm being asked to create charts from existing worksheets, often several within a workbook, using specific cells (total/average cells). The cells are not adjacent to one another, but they are identical from one worksheet to another. In my case, the cells are K15, K29, K42, W15, W29, and W42. I'd like a separate chart for each worksheet, and would like to have the chart automatically created once the data is in the worksheet. Is this possible? You can select discontiguous data by selecting one area, then holding CTRL while selecting additional areas....

Migrating Quickbooks data to Great Plains
Hi, I am trying to migrate checks written in quickbooks to great plains. I need the checks to show as transactinos and also to hit the payables modules in great plains. Does anyone have a good suggestion on how to do this? Is econnect the way to go? Any help or suggestions would be great. Integration Manager is a good tool for importing data into Great Plains. If Quickbooks has a good export facility you can export the check information to a csv or Excel file and then do the import. I would recommend importing the cheques into some payables management batches. When you post these batches ...

When I copy a picture and paste it into Publisher it disappears
I have tried to copy a picture from my documents and paste it into Publisher and the picture disappears. What version of Publisher? What happens if you go to... Insert / Picture / From File? -- John Inzer "Cathy" <Cathy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EF2CA50C-78D9-47DB-8799-E9C3C9171038@microsoft.com... >I have tried to copy a picture from my documents and paste it into >Publisher > and the picture disappears. I am using Office Profession Edition 2003. I tried another picture and so far it is still there. Thanks. "John Inzer"...

text box filter by form
For some reason that I just can't explain, a text box on a form associated with a single primary key field behaves unexpectedly when I do a filter-by-form. Instead of listing all of the records from the source table as choices in combo box mode, I only see "Is Null" and "Is Not Null" as choices. I have an older form from another database that behaves as I hoped this one would, yet there seems to be no property differences between the two text boxes. Can anybody explain what I'm missing please? Having "Is Null" and "Is Not Null" as filt...