Open & update another file (through macro) while running macro

I am using MS Excel 2003 and I need help to solve my problem.

One excel file (suppose A.xls) in which I’ll update my graph and the data is
available in another file (suppose B.xls). What I am doing (through macro) is
that I have created one button (in A.xls) and when I pressed it; its open the
file B.xls (the data file) and at their I select month from drop down from
which its update the pivot table based on the selection month and then same I
was doing with another data excel file (suppose C.xls).

Query :

Is there any solution that when I pressed button from file A.xls its open
B.xls and I select month from drop down update the Pivot table and its shows
the message “B.xls has been updated”, then it is open another excel file
C.xls and same I’ll do and then again its popup the message “C.xls has been
updated” and came back to my main file A.xls.

I’m sorry if I placed wrong title of my query.

Please suggest.
Thanks in advance.

--
------------------------------
Regards

dear nitesh,
 This is very simple do u know Hyperlink Suppose You are work in A
file Please Right click & Hyperlink
Or  Better option is call me my No. is 9637666242 ok
0
Abhi

Publisher 2000

Getting text to appear in another cell
Hi, I am using Excel 2003. There maybe a simple solution for this, but being very new to Excel I am struggling a bit and would be grateful for any help. I am developing a horse tracking spreadsheet. What I want to do is create a formula that does the following: If I input "W" into cell, say J6, I want the character "L" to automatically show up in J5 and J7. Likewise, if I input "W" into J5, I would want the character "L" automatically inserted into J6 and J7 and the same goes for a "W" into J7, the character "L" would be automati...

opening links in outlook

OL 2003 .nk2 file clears on reboot
We have a client machine whose NK2 file is cleared on reboot. We have tried creating deleting the nk2 file to have OL create a new one, created a new OL profile with no luck. When we copied another users nk2 file to his directory and renamed it to his profile the data is picked up, but no new address are stored. outlook writes to the file when it closes - so it seems outlook is not closing correctly. is there a pda or an application using outlook data? if so, close it first. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? h...

Problem trying to open old money file

Using Workflow to update a picklist property.
How can we modify a value of a picklist in the workflow? For example when someone modify a picklist property on the Contact, I want the picklist property on Account with the same options is changed as well. How to do this? Create a new workflow under contact. Check Start when: “Record attributes change” Hit “select” button and chose respective pick list attribute (Changes to the attribute will trigger this workflow) Now add steps to the workflow 1) Check condition - select the contact pick list and pick list value from set properties 2) Add another step "Update record" Select “...

amalgamating archive files
I have several archive files and I'd like to combine them into a single one. Is there a way to do this? Thanks. Howie ...

Changing data orientation from one sheet to another
Hi, On sheet1 the data is oriented vertically as A1 A2 A3 I'd like on sheet2 the data be oriented horizontally A1 to A1 A2 to B1 A3 to B3 Can it be done? if so, how? TIA Olga Excell 07 Copy the data from sheet1 Select A1 of sheet2 and paste special>transpose. Note: cannot be done if you have more than 16384 rows of data in column A Also, I think you have a typo at A3 to B3.........maybe A3 to C1? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 19:55:12 +0200, "Olga" <noemail@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi, >On sheet1 the data is oriented vertically as >A1 >A...

Email with tiny attachments open slow

Office X 10.1.2 Update Failed
I'm new to the Mac OS X although pretty experienced with Windows XP and Office. When I try to update my original install of Office X, I get error message 11002:2,-14. I read the Read Me and troubleshooting section, turned off the virus protection and removed the Microsoft Office Plugin file as directed in the troubleshooting. None of this helped. I noticed (remember I'm new to Macs) I can move a copy of the Microsoft Office X directory to another hard drive, and clicking on Entrouage or any program opens it just fine (including all the mail). Of course, that would be impossible in...

Need an open house sign in sheet

SheetName (Application.Caller.Parent.Name) Forces Excel to Save File
I have a VBA function in Excel that I have been using for years that will display the sheet name in a cell. The VBA function is as follows: Function SheetName() As String Application.Volatile SheetName = Application.Caller.Parent.Name End Function This works great. However, I have found that if I am using this function if I open a worksheet and not change anything Excel will prompt me if I want to save the worksheet if I have not made any changes. Why is this happening and is there a way to prevent this from happening? Thanks, Mike The problem may be Application.Volitile If ...

cannot open excel file from outlook

opening links

Update complete excel file online
Dear all, Hope you can help me with this problem. An excel file is updated on a daily basis and can only be found on the internet. The basic format of this file is always the same, the only changing aspect is the data. How, or if even possible, could I implement something (e.g. a button?) which automatically implements the updated sheet from the Internet. I am really looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks a lot and best regards, ...

Update Link Tables from Excel
I recently got an update from Office 97 to Office 2003. We're just slightly behind the times. Anyway, I had an access database in 97 that would link to an Excel file that I would use to add data to the Excel file based upon information in a master table in Access. Now when I try to run the query in Access 2003, it gives me an error that it is not an updateable query. I suppose I could export the master data to an Excel spreadsheet and use a VLookup function, copy and paste to all the records that need to be updated and the copy and paste values, but I originally did...

using my Money 2005 file on two different computers
I use MS Money 2005 for my personal financle data. My Money file lives on my computer. I want to have my bookkeeper enter data into this file. I want to be able to have her work on the data from her computer which is networked to my computer. We have tried opening the file from her computer over the network with no sucess. We can see the file but the password does not work. We have tried burning the file to a CD but when we try to open the file from her computer we can get the password to work. The same thing that happens when we try to restore a backup on her computer. We tried usi...

Best file recovery program?
I need a good file recovery program that will run both under Vista and Win 7. It needs to be able to salvage files both deleted and those lost because of disc errors. It also needs to be able to work with both internal and external hard discs, and all flavors of CD and DVD. Any recommendations? Most of the ones that allow you to download a trial have crippled to trial so much that it's really hard to judge them. Incidentally, I ran the free Recuva on a DVD-RW; I started it at 12:30 PM and at 5:30 AM (17 hours later) it showed 89% complete, and at 8:00 it had stopped with th...

How can I determine whether a given application is running or not ???
Hi, How can I determine whether a given application is running or not... [FindowWindow doesn't help because the caption of the windows changes most of the time]. -- Regards, Amar Kumar. >How can I determine whether a given application is running or not... stolen from newgroups : "You can also do it using Semaphores or Mutex under MFC. In your winapp header declare a object of type CMutex CMutex m_mutexOneInstance; define winapp constructor as CYourApp :: CYourApp() : m_mutexOneInstance(FALSE,"ApplicationName") { } ... CYourApp :: InitInstance (... ) { if...