open several workbooks at the same time

I would like to repeatly open the same workbooks at the same time just
by selecting just one book and the other three or four will open with
it.

thanks  everyone
0
Johnnyboy5

Use this simple event code, just remember to insert it into the
codesheet ThisWorkbook in the first workbook you open.

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Workbooks.Open ("Book2.xls") ' Change as required
Workbooks.Open ("Book3.xls")
Workbooks.Open ("Book4.xls")
End Sub

Regards,
Per

On 5 Jun., 18:47, Johnnyboy5 <intermediatec...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> I would like to repeatly open the same workbooks at the same time just
> by selecting just one book and the other three or four will open with
> it.
>
> thanks =A0everyone

0
Per
6/5/2010 4:56:44 PM
See help on saving a set of files as a workspace.

Basics are.............open your 3 or 4 workbooks.

View>Save Workspace.

Default name is resume...........extension .xlw

Give your workspace whatever name you like and save.

I will use  mywkspace

Now close all workbooks.

Open mywkspace.xlw  and all books will open.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 5 Jun 2010 09:47:35 -0700 (PDT), Johnnyboy5
<intermediatecare@googlemail.com> wrote:

>I would like to repeatly open the same workbooks at the same time just
>by selecting just one book and the other three or four will open with
>it.
>
>thanks  everyone

0
Gord
6/5/2010 5:05:14 PM
On 5 June, 17:56, Per Jessen <perjesse...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Use this simple event code, just remember to insert it into the
> codesheet ThisWorkbook in the first workbook you open.
>
> Private Sub Workbook_Open()
> Workbooks.Open ("Book2.xls") ' Change as required
> Workbooks.Open ("Book3.xls")
> Workbooks.Open ("Book4.xls")
> End Sub
>
> Regards,
> Per
>
> On 5 Jun., 18:47, Johnnyboy5 <intermediatec...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>

> > I would like to repeatly open the same workbooks at the same time just
> > by selecting just one book and the other three or four will open with
> > it.
>
> > thanks =A0everyone

Hi

cant get it to work ?  is the "codesheet" the same as a macro ?

johnnyboy
0
Johnnyboy5
6/5/2010 5:17:42 PM
On 5 June, 18:05, Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca> wrote:
> See help on saving a set of files as a workspace.
>
> Basics are.............open your 3 or 4 workbooks.
>
> View>Save Workspace.
>
> Default name is resume...........extension .xlw
>
> Give your workspace whatever name you like and save.
>
> I will use =A0mywkspace
>
> Now close all workbooks.
>
> Open mywkspace.xlw =A0and all books will open.
>
> Gord Dibben =A0MS Excel MVP
>
> On Sat, 5 Jun 2010 09:47:35 -0700 (PDT), Johnnyboy5
>

> <intermediatec...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> >I would like to repeatly open the same workbooks at the same time just
> >by selecting just one book and the other three or four will open with
> >it.
>
> >thanks =A0everyone

Thanks kind of works,  but I would like each workbook (4 of them) to
appear as tabs at the bottom)

oh I am using Excel 2003
0
Johnnyboy5
6/5/2010 5:23:22 PM
No, the "codesheet" is not the same as a macro. A macro is placed in a
Module (Insert/Module from the VB editor's menu bar) whereas event code
(which is what the Workbook_Open procedure is) goes on a "codesheet"... in
this case, the codesheet for the workbook (because it is **workbook** event
code). When in the VB editor, look at the Project Window (it is the one with
Sheet1, Sheet1 and other stuff in it). Do you see the entry marked
ThisWorkbook? Double click it. That should have opened up the codesheet for
the workbook... copy/paste the Workbook_Open code procedure into it. Next,
save your workbook. That's it... next time you open the workbook, the
Workbook_Open code you just copy/pasted should run (assuming you have
enabled macros to run, that is).

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Johnnyboy5" <intermediatecare@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On 5 June, 17:56, Per Jessen <perjesse...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> Use this simple event code, just remember to insert it into the
>> codesheet ThisWorkbook in the first workbook you open.
>>
>> Private Sub Workbook_Open()
>> Workbooks.Open ("Book2.xls") ' Change as required
>> Workbooks.Open ("Book3.xls")
>> Workbooks.Open ("Book4.xls")
>> End Sub
>>
>> Regards,
>> Per
>>
>> On 5 Jun., 18:47, Johnnyboy5 <intermediatec...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>>

>> > I would like to repeatly open the same workbooks at the same time just
>> > by selecting just one book and the other three or four will open with
>> > it.
>>
>> > thanks  everyone
>
> Hi
>
> cant get it to work ?  is the "codesheet" the same as a macro ?
>
> johnnyboy

0
Rick
6/5/2010 8:22:28 PM
2003 version.

With the workbooks open.  File>Save Workspace.

To see the workbooks on the Taskbar....Tools>Options>View>Windows in
Taskbar.

Gord

On Sat, 5 Jun 2010 10:23:22 -0700 (PDT), Johnnyboy5
<intermediatecare@gmail.com> wrote:

>On 5 June, 18:05, Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca> wrote:
>> See help on saving a set of files as a workspace.
>>
>> Basics are.............open your 3 or 4 workbooks.
>>
>> View>Save Workspace.
>>
>> Default name is resume...........extension .xlw
>>
>> Give your workspace whatever name you like and save.
>>
>> I will use =A0mywkspace
>>
>> Now close all workbooks.
>>
>> Open mywkspace.xlw =A0and all books will open.
>>
>> Gord Dibben =A0MS Excel MVP
>>
>> On Sat, 5 Jun 2010 09:47:35 -0700 (PDT), Johnnyboy5
>>

>> <intermediatec...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> >I would like to repeatly open the same workbooks at the same time =
just
>> >by selecting just one book and the other three or four will open with
>> >it.
>>
>> >thanks =A0everyone
>
>Thanks kind of works,  but I would like each workbook (4 of them) to
>appear as tabs at the bottom)
>
>oh I am using Excel 2003

0
Gord
6/6/2010 3:02:47 PM
On 6 June, 16:02, Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca> wrote:
> 2003 version.
>
> With the workbooks open. =A0File>Save Workspace.
>
> To see the workbooks on the Taskbar....Tools>Options>View>Windows in
> Taskbar.
>
> Gord
>
> On Sat, 5 Jun 2010 10:23:22 -0700 (PDT), Johnnyboy5
>

> <intermediatec...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >On 5 June, 18:05, Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca> wrote:
> >> See help on saving a set of files as a workspace.
>
> >> Basics are.............open your 3 or 4 workbooks.
>
> >> View>Save Workspace.
>
> >> Default name is resume...........extension .xlw
>
> >> Give your workspace whatever name you like and save.
>
> >> I will use =A0mywkspace
>
> >> Now close all workbooks.
>
> >> Open mywkspace.xlw =A0and all books will open.
>
> >> Gord Dibben =A0MS Excel MVP

> >Thanks kind of works, =A0but I would like each workbook (4 of them) to
> >appear as tabs at the bottom)
>
> >oh I am using Excel 2003

Thanks

John
0
Johnnyboy5
6/6/2010 3:14:11 PM
On 5 June, 21:22, "Rick Rothstein"
<rick.newsNO.S...@NO.SPAMverizon.net> wrote:
> No, the "codesheet" is not the same as a macro. A macro is placed in a
> Module (Insert/Module from the VB editor's menu bar) whereas event code
> (which is what the Workbook_Open procedure is) goes on a "codesheet"... i=
> this case, the codesheet for the workbook (because it is **workbook** eve=
nt
> code). When in the VB editor, look at the Project Window (it is the one w=
ith
> Sheet1, Sheet1 and other stuff in it). Do you see the entry marked
> ThisWorkbook? Double click it. That should have opened up the codesheet f=
or
> the workbook... copy/paste the Workbook_Open code procedure into it. Next=
,
> save your workbook. That's it... next time you open the workbook, the
> Workbook_Open code you just copy/pasted should run (assuming you have
> enabled macros to run, that is).
>
> --
> Rick (MVP - Excel)
>
> "Johnnyboy5" <intermediatec...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > On 5 June, 17:56, Per Jessen <perjesse...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >> Use this simple event code, just remember to insert it into the
> >> codesheet ThisWorkbook in the first workbook you open.
>
> >> Private Sub Workbook_Open()
> >> Workbooks.Open ("Book2.xls") ' Change as required
> >> Workbooks.Open ("Book3.xls")
> >> Workbooks.Open ("Book4.xls")
> >> End Sub
>
> >> Regards,
> >> Per

> > Hi
>
> > cant get it to work ? =A0is the "codesheet" the same as a macro ?
>
> > johnnyboy

Thnaks Rick - Think I have got it now,  one last question how do I
keep the "main" workbook open and the others are open but as tabs at
the bottom,  just right now the last workbook in the list that is
opened is the one that is presented in Excel and the others including
the "main sheet" are open as Tabs.

Many thanks for your time.  Johhny

0
Johnnyboy5
6/6/2010 9:37:40 PM
On 6 June, 22:37, Johnnyboy5 <intermediatec...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5 June, 21:22, "Rick Rothstein"
>

> <rick.newsNO.S...@NO.SPAMverizon.net> wrote:
> > No, the "codesheet" is not the same as a macro. A macro is placed in a
> > Module (Insert/Module from the VB editor's menu bar) whereas event code
> > (which is what the Workbook_Open procedure is) goes on a "codesheet"...=
 in
> > this case, the codesheet for the workbook (because it is **workbook** e=
vent
> > code). When in the VB editor, look at the Project Window (it is the one=
 with
> > Sheet1, Sheet1 and other stuff in it). Do you see the entry marked
> > ThisWorkbook? Double click it. That should have opened up the codesheet=
 for
> > the workbook... copy/paste the Workbook_Open code procedure into it. Ne=
xt,
> > save your workbook. That's it... next time you open the workbook, the
> > Workbook_Open code you just copy/pasted should run (assuming you have
> > enabled macros to run, that is).
>
> > --
> > Rick (MVP - Excel)
>
> > "Johnnyboy5" <intermediatec...@gmail.com> wrote in message

..

> > > Hi
>
> > > cant get it to work ? =A0is the "codesheet" the same as a macro ?
>
> > > johnnyboy
>
> Thnaks Rick - Think I have got it now, =A0one last question how do I
> keep the "main" workbook open and the others are open but as tabs at
> the bottom, =A0just right now the last workbook in the list that is
> opened is the one that is presented in Excel and the others including
> the "main sheet" are open as Tabs.
>
> Many thanks for your time. =A0Johhny

Hi

just sorted it,  I added the "main" sheets name to the bottom of the
workbook list and it goes there after the others have also loaded

work like a dream... many thanks

Johnny
0
Johnnyboy5
6/6/2010 10:23:29 PM
On 5 June, 21:22, "Rick Rothstein"
<rick.newsNO.S...@NO.SPAMverizon.net> wrote:
> No, the "codesheet" is not the same as a macro. A macro is placed in a
> Module (Insert/Module from the VB editor's menu bar) whereas event code
> (which is what the Workbook_Open procedure is) goes on a "codesheet"... i=
> this case, the codesheet for the workbook (because it is **workbook** eve=
nt
> code). When in the VB editor, look at the Project Window (it is the one w=
ith
> Sheet1, Sheet1 and other stuff in it). Do you see the entry marked
> ThisWorkbook? Double click it. That should have opened up the codesheet f=
or
> the workbook... copy/paste the Workbook_Open code procedure into it. Next=
,
> save your workbook. That's it... next time you open the workbook, the
> Workbook_Open code you just copy/pasted should run (assuming you have
> enabled macros to run, that is).
>
> --
> Rick (MVP - Excel)
>
> "Johnnyboy5" <intermediatec...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > On 5 June, 17:56, Per Jessen <perjesse...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >> Use this simple event code, just remember to insert it into the
> >> codesheet ThisWorkbook in the first workbook you open.
>
> >> Private Sub Workbook_Open()
> >> Workbooks.Open ("Book2.xls") ' Change as required
> >> Workbooks.Open ("Book3.xls")
> >> Workbooks.Open ("Book4.xls")
> >> End Sub
>
> >> Regards,
> >> Per

> > Hi
>
> > cant get it to work ? =A0is the "codesheet" the same as a macro ?
>
> > johnnyboy- Hide quoted text -

HI

just pluged in my pen stick into my works PC and it wont open the
files - coz the file drive at work is called e.g  F:   at home its
called  G:

so the workbooks dont get found unless I manually change the drive in
the code text

hope this makes sense.

example  Workbooks.Open ("F:\Direct Payments DOT\0.5 yearly payment
planner.xls")

Johhny
0
Johnnyboy5
6/7/2010 7:41:56 AM
> just pluged in my pen stick into my works PC and it wont open the
> files - coz the file drive at work is called e.g  F:   at home its
> called  G:
>
> so the workbooks dont get found unless I manually change the drive in
> the code text
>
> hope this makes sense.
>
> example  Workbooks.Open ("F:\Direct Payments DOT\0.5 yearly payment
> planner.xls")

Are you opening the "main" workbook (the one with the code in it) from the
"pen stick" also? If so, you can use ThisWorkbook.Path to get the path to
the workbook... if that is the same directory for all files (in both the pen
stick and your work computer), then you can use that in its entirety in
place of the hard-coded path you showed in your (single) example. Or, if
everything is not in the same ultimate directory, you can "rob" the drive
letter from the front of ThisWorkbook.Path (use the Left function to do
that) and use it instead of hard-coding the letter.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

0
Rick
6/7/2010 2:03:21 PM
On 7 June, 15:03, "Rick Rothstein"
<rick.newsNO.S...@NO.SPAMverizon.net> wrote:
> > just pluged in my pen stick into my works PC and it wont open the
> > files - coz the file drive at work is called e.g =A0F: =A0 at home its
> > called =A0G:
>
> > so the workbooks dont get found unless I manually change the drive in
> > the code text
>
> > hope this makes sense.
>
> > example =A0Workbooks.Open ("F:\Direct Payments DOT\0.5 yearly payment
> > planner.xls")
>
> Are you opening the "main" workbook (the one with the code in it) from th=
> "pen stick" also? If so, you can use ThisWorkbook.Path to get the path to
> the workbook... if that is the same directory for all files (in both the =
pen
> stick and your work computer), then you can use that in its entirety in
> place of the hard-coded path you showed in your (single) example. Or, if
> everything is not in the same ultimate directory, you can "rob" the drive
> letter from the front of ThisWorkbook.Path (use the Left function to do
> that) and use it instead of hard-coding the letter.
>
> --
> Rick (MVP - Excel)
>
> --
> Rick (MVP - Excel)

thanks  Rick,

Dont quite understand "rob"  anyway what I have done is to rename the
pen drive letter to "X" and changed the codes to read / look for "x"
this wont conflict with home or office.  But I am still interest in
what you mean by rob,   how do i use the left function instead of hard
coding the letter

best wishes

Johnny
0
Johnnyboy5
6/7/2010 6:46:32 PM
On 7 June, 15:03, "Rick Rothstein"
<rick.newsNO.S...@NO.SPAMverizon.net> wrote:
> > just pluged in my pen stick into my works PC and it wont open the
> > files - coz the file drive at work is called e.g =A0F: =A0 at home its
> > called =A0G:
>
> > so the workbooks dont get found unless I manually change the drive in
> > the code text
>
> > hope this makes sense.
>
> > example =A0Workbooks.Open ("F:\Direct Payments DOT\0.5 yearly payment
> > planner.xls")
>
> Are you opening the "main" workbook (the one with the code in it) from th=
> "pen stick" also? If so, you can use ThisWorkbook.Path to get the path to
> the workbook... if that is the same directory for all files (in both the =
pen
> stick and your work computer), then you can use that in its entirety in
> place of the hard-coded path you showed in your (single) example. Or, if
> everything is not in the same ultimate directory, you can "rob" the drive
> letter from the front of ThisWorkbook.Path (use the Left function to do
> that) and use it instead of hard-coding the letter.
>
> --
> Rick (MVP - Excel)
>
> --
> Rick (MVP - Excel)

also can you show me an example of how you write the text.
mine is...
Workbooks.Open ("F:\Direct Payments DOT\0.5 yearly payment
> planner.xls")
0
Johnnyboy5
6/7/2010 6:54:56 PM
Maybe "rob" was to casual a word to use... what I meant was "take the
relevant part of the text and use it in your code". As an example...

DriveLetter = Left(ThisWorkbook.Path, 1)
Workbooks.Open (" & DriveLetter & _

> On 7 June, 15:03, "Rick Rothstein"
> <rick.newsNO.S...@NO.SPAMverizon.net> wrote:
>> > just pluged in my pen stick into my works PC and it wont open the
>> > files - coz the file drive at work is called e.g  F:   at home its
>> > called  G:
>>
>> > so the workbooks dont get found unless I manually change the drive in
>> > the code text
>>
>> > hope this makes sense.
>>
>> > example  Workbooks.Open ("F:\Direct Payments DOT\0.5 yearly payment
>> > planner.xls")
>>
>> Are you opening the "main" workbook (the one with the code in it) from
>> the
>> "pen stick" also? If so, you can use ThisWorkbook.Path to get the path to
>> the workbook... if that is the same directory for all files (in both the
>> pen
>> stick and your work computer), then you can use that in its entirety in
>> place of the hard-coded path you showed in your (single) example. Or, if
>> everything is not in the same ultimate directory, you can "rob" the drive
>> letter from the front of ThisWorkbook.Path (use the Left function to do
>> that) and use it instead of hard-coding the letter.
>>
>> --
>> Rick (MVP - Excel)
>>
>> --
>> Rick (MVP - Excel)
>
> also can you show me an example of how you write the text.
> mine is...
> Workbooks.Open ("F:\Direct Payments DOT\0.5 yearly payment
>> planner.xls")

0
Rick
6/7/2010 7:01:18 PM
On 7 June, 20:01, "Rick Rothstein"
<rick.newsNO.S...@NO.SPAMverizon.net> wrote:
> Maybe "rob" was to casual a word to use... what I meant was "take the
> relevant part of the text and use it in your code". As an example...
>
> DriveLetter =3D Left(ThisWorkbook.Path, 1)
> Workbooks.Open (" & DriveLetter & _
> =A0 =A0 =A0":\Direct Payments DOT\0.5 yearly payment planner.xls")
>
> --
> Rick (MVP - Excel)
>
> "Johnnyboy5" <intermediatec...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> >> Are you opening the "main" workbook (the one with the code in it) from
> >> the
> >> "pen stick" also? If so, you can use ThisWorkbook.Path to get the path=
> >> the workbook... if that is the same directory for all files (in both t=
he
> >> pen
> >> stick and your work computer), then you can use that in its entirety i=
> >> place of the hard-coded path you showed in your (single) example. Or, =
if
> >> everything is not in the same ultimate directory, you can "rob" the dr=
ive
> >> letter from the front of ThisWorkbook.Path (use the Left function to d=
> >> that) and use it instead of hard-coding the letter.
>
> >> --
> >> Rick (MVP - Excel)
>
> >> --
> >> Rick (MVP - Excel)
>
> > also can you show me an example of how you write the text.
> > mine is...
> > Workbooks.Open ("F:\Direct Payments DOT\0.5 yearly payment
> >> planner.xls")

OK - will give it a go and then try it in work tomorrow.  thanks very
much for your help.

Johnny
0
Johnnyboy5

Print content of several sheets on one page
Can I print the content of several sheets on one page? Excel only print what you see i think. so you have do some thing outside the box. like maybe put paper back in printer or copy ranges to a new sheet that you dont keep but just for print. some people copy and paste pictures of ranges that they want next to others just for print too. "Åse" <se@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F9CF89A-1EDE-4D2A-9E6F-AC0C916428A7@microsoft.com... | Can I print the content of several sheets on one page? ...

track sales history by month for several years
Are there any tempalte for inputing 3 years of sales dollars by custoemr by month and then being able update it every month? I want to us it to provide my sales projections to my company. ...

Publisher 2000

opening links in outlook

Problem trying to open old money file

Email with tiny attachments open slow

Need an open house sign in sheet

opening links

cannot open excel file from outlook

Default Meeting Times
I am trying to re-set the default meeting times to either 25 minutes or 55 minutes. I am working on implementing processes whereby people are given 5 minutes in between meetings for whatever reason and it is to easy to default to the 30 and 60 minute time frames. Is this possible? "Stacey" <Stacey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4344BCCF-018D-44A2-9FED-0D0695B101A5@microsoft.com... >I am trying to re-set the default meeting times to either 25 minutes or 55 > minutes. I am working on implementing processes whereby people are given 5 > ...

EXCEL Files open Slow

Opening a second mdb file from an open mdb file
I have two mdb files (one used for general department use and the other for detailed reporting). For ease of maintenance, I'd like to keep these mdb files separate, but I would like to have the ability to open the second mdb file from the general dept Access program. Is there an exisitng macro or VBA code I could use to accomplish this task? Thanks for your help. Sure, you can easily just shell out to another app: http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0018.htm or even create a hyperlink that opens the file. Just create a label, go to the property sheet and enter a path in the hype...

Directory Open
Hi, I would like to create a Button which opens a dialog box, not to open a file but to open a directory. How should I do it? I thought of using CFileDialog but it does not allow for opening just a directory and not a file. I just want to read in the user selection of directory and the file name will be set in my application. Thanks! On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 22:15:36 -0800, Dave wrote: > I would like to create a Button which opens a dialog box, > not to open a file but to open a directory. > > How should I do it? > I thought of using CFileDialog but it does not allow for ...

have more money and more free time
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00BF_01C75267.936F4300 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Have you ever wondered... how some people can appear to do far less than = you do in a day and yet they have more money and more free time than = you? It's time to change that. Start getting paid to take online = surveys. Earn up to $150/hr. Start Right Now. http://mycashmker.paidetc.hop.clickbank.net/ ------=_NextPart_000_00BF_01C75267.936F4300 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1&quo...

Excel won't open in Office XP
Hi all, I have had a problem for the last few weeks opening up my Excel files When I try to open the files, a Window Installer dialouge box appear looking for the Office XP Professional Disk. My Office was preinstalle by my school, which is now complete. If I cancel the Window Installer consectutive times it leaves my new Excel document open and I can work Does anyone know what I need to configure to have Excel open up normall again ? Appreciate all the help I can get. Thanks, 'Kusty' (kusty@accesscomm.ca -- kust --------------------------------------------------------------------...

I do not have Excel on my computer. How do I open an attachment w.
How do I open an attachment in my e- mail with an XLS file, if I do not have Excel installed on my computer? My model is Windows XP Home. You can use the free viewer available from microsoft web site that only allows viewing. Or, you can find a copy of open office/star office that allows you to import excel files. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Kathy" <Kathy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF00A029-F488-4D1D-8257-B55F4E96A681@microsoft.com... > How do I open an attachment in my e- mail with an XLS file, if I do not have > Excel ins...

VBA to create series of workbooks need to add code to skip creating a report if no lines meet criteria
Hi All, I need some assistance as where I'm at with this report is far beyond my level of knowledge and I'm hoping that someone can point me in the right direction. I've created a template that creates a report and displays variances based on the "search criteria" which is defined in another worksheet and hides any rows that are equal to Zero and are between the value (>= -5000 AND <= +5000) and what I'm trying to figure out is if there are no rows visible within the report then it should not save the report (that way I don't email a blank works...

Open File IF Not Opened
Goodmorning! I was looking for someone who could tell me how I could make a Macro Appliction open files only when there not opened. When a file is allready opened it should be left at alone. When a file is being opened, this file should be granted the opportunity to update it's pivot tables and carry out any external links. I hope someone has the answer! Thanks in advance! Here's some code that might help. It tests whether a file is open: if it is it activates it, otherwise it opens the file. If IsWindowOpen(lStr_FileName) Then Windows(lStr_FileName).Activate ...

i have a pps file that i cant open what do i need to open it with
i recieved a few pitures and cant open then because they are a pps file what do i need to open them with???? Certainly not Excel. Those are PowerPoint files. You can download a PP viewer from here. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=428D5727-43AB-4F24-90B7-A94784AF71A4&displaylang=en Note instructions for download and installation. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 10:44:02 -0700, Marty <Marty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i recieved a few pitures and cant open then because they are a pps file what >do i need to open them with??...