open excel 2007 refresh query from batch file

Hello all,

I have a simple script saved as "C:\refresh_excel.vbs" that opens an
Excel file, and does a refresh for a query on Sheet 1. I created a
scheduled task to run this every day.

It worked fine for previous versions of Excel, but since I have
upgraded to Excel 2007 it doesn't work. Any help it helping me figure
this out would be appreciated.

/*contents of refresh_excel.vbs*/
Set objExcel = CreateObject("Excel.Application")
objExcel.Visible = True
Set objWorkBook = objExcel.Workbooks.Open("C:\reports\UPS.xls")
objWorkbook.Sheets("Sheet1").QueryTables(1).Refresh
Wscript.Sleep 6000
objWorkbook.save
objWorkbook.close
objExcel.Quit
0
Brad

excel to get data from an access database
I need excel to get data from an access database similar to vlookup function from an excel table. In order to have only specific records copied to your Excel file, the query needs to include selection criteria (and sort order if necessary). Otherwise, all records get copied and you then need to create lookup formulas or use filters to restrict the set of record. If you are not familiar with Access queries, have someone who is create one for you as a stored query object in the database file. You can then use the Data>Import (Get) External Data and choose the query as your record sour...

Problem with Excel 2003 restricting functionality
I have MS Excel 2003 installed on my computer. When I open a new workbook and click on any cell, the pointer goes to a white cross or plus symbol. Then I am unable to do anything. I can move the mouse anywhere on the sheet and it highlights the cells that the pointer has gone over as if I am selecting a range/group of cells such as you would if you were going to delete them or clear contents. I try to right click and nothing happens. I move the pointer over the tool bar, it does nothing. I hit <ESC> and still nothing. The only thing that does anything is going into the task manage...

IMAP FOLDERS missing from tools menu in Office 2007
Hi I have set up my work email account on Outlook on my home laptop. 1st prob - During the setup it automatically was set to download all emails from the server to my laptop!!! So I now do not have my inbox on webmail, or outlook at work due to the mails no longer living on the server. I have deselected that option! 2nd prob - I have many subfolders in my inbox - I know that to see them I need to subscribe to IMAP folders - but the option to do that is missing from the Tools menu - What can I do? In theory, once I have enabled this - I can move all items from my inbox on my home lap...

Office 07 Excel chart title position
I want my chart title to be positioned above the chart /plot area, can't do it. "above the chart" does not position the title above the chart, it leaves exactly where "centered overlay title" put it. Help please (& thank you) An option would be to use worksheet cells to add your title rather than using the chart itself. Using worksheet cells positioned directly over the top of your chart would allow you to control the title location as well as expand the area available for the plot. -- John Mansfield cellmatrix.net "Eve Allen" wrote: > I w...

How to create/embed table or existing Excel spreadsheet into Lotus Notes 6.5 email
I have been successful in creating and sending an email through Lotus Notes. However, I need to be able to format the body so that the message is more presentable. Currently, I filter a spreadsheet based on two named ranges and send an email to the SOX audit team member and copy the SOX control owner. I copy the values from selected columns on the visible rows and separate those values by tabs. However, the presentation is bad as the data is variable in length and therefore the alignment is not correct. I would like to learn how to create/embed either a table into the Lotus Notes email bo...

Exporting to Excel
My Access 2002's export interface (ISAM) seems to be associated with earlier versions of Excel and limits the numbers of rows that can be exported to 16,000. How do I fix it so that I can export more rows? Among the less technical ideas, you might first confirm that all current updates and Export filters have been installed. AFAIK, Access '02 should be able to export more than 16,000 records if the appropriate filters are available... unless you mean that an older Excel format must be used. You might also consider exporting as a text file & then importing that to Excel as ...

Application_Startup doesn't seem to work
I have the following code in Class1 code Option Explicit Public WithEvents objReminders As Outlook.Reminders Sub Initialize_handler() Set objReminders = Application.Reminders MsgBox "Reminder handler initialized" End Sub Private Sub objReminders_ReminderFire(ByVal ReminderObject As Reminder) With ReminderObject ' irelevant code removed .Item.Display MsgBox .Caption .Dismiss End With End Sub And this in Module1 code Option Explicit Private Sub Application_Startup() Dim MyClass As New Class1 MyCl...

What is an addin (in Excel) and how can we create one?
Hi, I want to know what an excel addin is and how to create an excel addin (not the method Save as .xla) for say, to check the occurances of an item. In Col A, several items are listed like item1, item2, item3 etc upto item10. Some items repeat more than once. Can an addin be created to check the no. of occurances of AN item in this list? If so how> Thank You Hi Shajueasow, See: http://www.fontstuff.com/vba/vbatut03.htm for a tutorial. --- Regards, Norman "shajueasow" <shajueasow@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9DC9E994-13FE-4FFA-957E-10...

Excel 2000 question.
Hello, Group: I am looking to run a macro that pauses for input. For example to bend metal, I would like to have the macro ask for number of bends, then continue in the computation. Thanks, --tj Dim numBends As Long On Error Resume Next numBends = InputBox("Number of bends") On Error GoTo 0 If numBends > 0 Then 'rest of code End If -- __________________________________ HTH Bob <techjohnny@gmail.com> wrote in message news:66a3c982-1496-4d73-8284-0a630e498706@l42g2000hsc.googlegroups.com... > Hello, Group: > > I am looking ...

Publisher 2000

Blackberry Internet Email & Exch 2007
Greets... Have some Blackberrys that were using BB Internet Email connection. Worked fine with Exch. 2003. Now we upgraded to Exch. 2007 and Blackbery Internet Connection (via T-Mobile) gives us "Cannot connect to server". I think this is related to the old method of accessing via web: i.e. HTTPS:\\mail.company.com\exchange\username doesn't work the same under 2007. I've tried Https:\\mail.company.com\owa\username and that doesn't work either... Thanks, Cheesle Check out this link: http://www.blackberry.com/select/exchange2007/ cheers, Guga Varo Exchange Gr...

excel as a database #2
Is there a limit to how many text characters that can go into a cell? Phill Yes 32,767 characters, approx 1,024 visible in the cell -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup/forum) "Phill" <phill.hudson@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:ccesl0$g3u$1@titan.btinternet.com... > Is there a limit to how many text characters that can go into a cell? > > Phill > > Phill, A cell can hold 32K characters, but only about 1K will be visible. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MV...

opening links in outlook

Problem trying to open old money file

Email with tiny attachments open slow

Need an open house sign in sheet

excel filesizing
Any idea how to change the maximum size of an excel file from 65K? Not possible -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup/forum) <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:290c601c4644c$8a69d420$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Any idea how to change the maximum size of an excel file > from 65K? Hi Poe, What does filesizing mean?. ( Is the person referring to number of rows in a spreadsheet? ) Regards, Hari India "Peo Sjoblom" <terre08@mvp.org> wrote in message news:ei3ON0EZ...

cannot open excel file from outlook

SheetName (Application.Caller.Parent.Name) Forces Excel to Save File
I have a VBA function in Excel that I have been using for years that will display the sheet name in a cell. The VBA function is as follows: Function SheetName() As String Application.Volatile SheetName = Application.Caller.Parent.Name End Function This works great. However, I have found that if I am using this function if I open a worksheet and not change anything Excel will prompt me if I want to save the worksheet if I have not made any changes. Why is this happening and is there a way to prevent this from happening? Thanks, Mike The problem may be Application.Volitile If ...

Update complete excel file online
Dear all, Hope you can help me with this problem. An excel file is updated on a daily basis and can only be found on the internet. The basic format of this file is always the same, the only changing aspect is the data. How, or if even possible, could I implement something (e.g. a button?) which automatically implements the updated sheet from the Internet. I am really looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks a lot and best regards, ...

opening links