Name work sheet

I am trying to name the only sheet in a workbook the days date.
This doesn't work. I guess if it worked I wouldn't be writing this.

oldjay

Sub Save_File_As1()  '
Dim NewShtDate As String
Dim listnumber As String
NewShtDate = Format(Date, "mm-dd-yy")
ActiveSheet.SaveAs = NewShtDate
listnumber = InputBox("Please enter List number to save", "Customer's List",
"Word List " & NewShtDate)
    List = "C:\Cora\" & listnumber & ".XLS"

    ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=List

End Sub

Try the below

Sub Save_File_As1()  '
Dim listnumber As String

ActiveSheet.Name = Format(Date, "mm-dd-yy")
listnumber = InputBox("Please enter List number to save", _
"Customer's List", "Word List " & NewShtDate)
 List = "C:\Cora\" & listnumber & ".XLS"

--
Jacob

"oldjay" wrote:

> I am trying to name the only sheet in a workbook the days date.
> This doesn't work. I guess if it worked I wouldn't be writing this.
>
> oldjay
>

> Sub Save_File_As1()  '
> Dim NewShtDate As String
> Dim listnumber As String
> NewShtDate = Format(Date, "mm-dd-yy")
> ActiveSheet.SaveAs = NewShtDate
> listnumber = InputBox("Please enter List number to save", "Customer's List",
> "Word List " & NewShtDate)
>     List = "C:\Cora\" & listnumber & ".XLS"
>
>     ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=List
>
> End Sub

Thanks

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

> Try the below
>
> Sub Save_File_As1()  '
> Dim listnumber As String
>
> ActiveSheet.Name = Format(Date, "mm-dd-yy")
> listnumber = InputBox("Please enter List number to save", _
> "Customer's List", "Word List " & NewShtDate)
>  List = "C:\Cora\" & listnumber & ".XLS"
> ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=List
>
> End Sub
>
> --
> Jacob
>

> "oldjay" wrote:
>
> > I am trying to name the only sheet in a workbook the days date.
> > This doesn't work. I guess if it worked I wouldn't be writing this.
> >
> > oldjay
> >

> > Sub Save_File_As1()  '
> > Dim NewShtDate As String
> > Dim listnumber As String
> > NewShtDate = Format(Date, "mm-dd-yy")
> > ActiveSheet.SaveAs = NewShtDate
> > listnumber = InputBox("Please enter List number to save", "Customer's List",
> > "Word List " & NewShtDate)
> >     List = "C:\Cora\" & listnumber & ".XLS"
> >
> >     ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=List
> >
> > End Sub

E-mail one sheet
I have a workbook of several sheets but I want the client to be able to fill out one sheet and e-mail only that sheet. How do I do that in a very simple way. Check out your other threads please -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "Lella" <Lella@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:263C8B91-A927-48A6-A7D0-13D3CF1EDE15@microsoft.com... >I have a workbook of several sheets but I want the client to be able to fill > out one sheet and e-mail only that sheet. How do I do that in a very simple > way. ...

Chart Names
Hi everyone, I'm sorry if this is an easy one but I just can't figure it out. I have a worksheet with 3 charts on it. I need to write some VBA to select each chart in turn and change its axis settings. So I figured the first thing to do is to name the charts so that I can select them properly in the VBA. But how do I name a chart??? If I select the chart I get "Chart Area" in the name box and I can't edit it. Many thanks for any help, Tony M As answered in .programming -- Hold the Ctrl key and click on the chart to select it. Click in the Name Box, type a new ...

Change the scheduling hours to show working hours by default?
When inviting attendees and looking at their schedule, it defaults to showing me 24 hours. I click on "show working hours" under options, but it doesn't stay and I can't figure out how to set it to show working hours by default. ...

Naming a range
I have a such macro : Private Sub Macro1(arkusz As Worksheet) arkusz.Range(arkusz.PageSetup.PrintArea).Copy Sheets("Sheet1").Select Range("A" & Trim(Str(zLastRow))).Select Arkusz50.Paste Application.CutCopyMode = False ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add Name:="A1", RefersToR1C1:=Selection zLastRow = zLastRow + arkusz.Range(arkusz.PageSetup.PrintArea).Rows.Count Range("A" & Trim(Str(zLastRow))).Select ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.HPageBreaks.Add Before:=ActiveCell End Sub However the above macro doesnt work (this part: ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add Name:=&quo...

Resolver not working when transforming
I'd like to see if someone found a natural explanation to this. I have this method for transforming docs: /** * Transforms an XmlDocument object with an XSL file, and returns * another XmlDocument object. If something bad happens, null is * returned instead. */ private XmlDocument Transform (string xml, string xsl) { try { XmlDocument xmlDocIn = new XmlDocument(); xmlDocIn.Load(xml); XslTransform transformer = new XslTransform(); transformer.Load(xsl); XmlDocument xmlDocOut = new XmlDocument(); xmlDocOut.Load(transfo...

Name Assignment
I need to assign a staff memeber to a group of clients Staff Names Clients Milk Shoe A-F Form Code G-L John DOe M-P The table that contains the client information CREATE TABLE [dbo].[FD__CLIENTS]( [OP__DOCID] [int] NOT NULL, [Fullname] [varchar](68) NULL, [NameF] [varchar](20) NULL, [NameL] [varchar](20) NULL, [NameMI] [varchar](20) NULL CONSTRAINT [PK_FD__CLIENTS] PRIMARY KEY CLUSTERED There is a staff table but there is nothing that ties it to the clients table. So the staf names will have to be hardcoded. Any ideas? On...

remove Send sheet
I accidently added a "send this sheet" section to a file toolbar--how do I remove this section? Tools|Customize (Just to show that dialog) Expand the file menu Drag your icon off the toolbar Close the dialog. Dick Gwin wrote: > > I accidently added a "send this sheet" section to a file toolbar--how do I > remove this section? -- Dave Peterson Thanks- I removed the icon from the toolbar ok- Now I still have the The part of the "mail Section" with "Send this sheet", "TO:", "CC:", "Subject:" How do I remov...

How do I remove the sheet name from a named formula?
I would like to use the same name to refer to the same set of cells on different worksheets: SheetTitle=$A$1 but when I try this it reverts to SheetTitle=Sheet1!$A$1 Any ideas how to do it? I could use =IF(,,,) if I knew how to look up the currently active sheet; =IF(SheetName="Sheet1",TRUE,FALSE) Any ideas how to reference the name of the sheet? Well, you could do something like this: SheetTitle=!$A$1 The exclamation point means that the Name will refer to A1 on the active worksheet. Excel uses the SheetName to tell things apart. If I try to give to different A1'...

Auto populate Email when Name is chosen
I have a list of names which i present in a combo box on the userform. I have an email textbox. I want the email to be auto-populated based on the name chosed. May I ask your help with this? Hi Jerry, Only the first procedure is really relevant in this post the others are to show how you may want to call it but, that entirely depends on your needs. Private sub BuildAndSend has 4 required parameters “ToWhom”, “Subject”,”Body”, and “Send”. Pass the appropriate values to the procedure and it will send or display an email to the user to send. HTH. Private Sub BuildAndSend( _ ...

Custom entity with same display name as out of the box?
I tried to create a new entity "new_InvoiceDDI" with a display name of "Invoice" and it won't allow the display name to be the same as a "out of the box" entity. Why is this? Anyone know a way around it? CRM 4.0 Mark Hi Mark, There's no way around it except renaming the existing invoice entity to something else. One obvious reason is the Outlook Client. It uses the display names to show folders, but folders needs to have a unique name. The web client uses the display names as well, so how can a user differentiate between two entities having the...

sort not working properly ?
Is there a way to get the list below to sort in time sequence? Notice that the morning times are after the PM times on Friday. You are looking at 3 columns here. date, hyphen and time. Time column is formatted as time. Sort is in ascending order, what is wrong here? 4-24-Thu - 7:30 PM 4-25-Fri - 6:00 PM 4-25-Fri - 8:00 PM 4-25-Fri - 8:00 PM 4-25-Fri - 8:00 PM 4-25-Fri - 8:00 PM 4-25-Fri - 9:00 AM 4-25-Fri - 10:30 AM 4-25-Fri - 12:00 PM 4-26-Sat - 11:00 AM Try place the sort in the time colum instaead of date colum? maybe I am not sure though "Larry" <YakJax@gmail.com> w...

Populate combobox with folder names
I had found this code to show folder names that displays in a msgbox, is it possible to get the list of folder names into a combobox? --------------------------------------- Sub ListFolders() Dim fs, f, f1, fc, s Dim folderspec folderspec = "C:\Excel\" Set fs = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") Set f = fs.GetFolder(folderspec) Set fc = f.SubFolders For Each f1 In fc s = s & f1.Name s = s & vbCrLf Next MsgBox s End Sub ---------------------------------------- This is for exc...

Instance name must be the same name as the computer name ...
I've seen many posts about this installation issue and ran across it myself during an install on an existing SBS server. When running Select @@servername I received a null answer. I looked in the sysservers table in the master database and found that there was no '0' server listed as I've seen on all other installs of SQL. I took a chance and changed the value to 0, restarted SQL and ran the @@servername and it now came back as the name of the server as expected and I was able to install CRM with no problems. Long term I don't know if this will cause issues with ...

Compile error in hidden module sheet 1
I have a button called "Load Job" (a macro) in a worksheet that, when clicked on, launches a windows explorer OPEN box to be able to browse and select a file. Normally, this works fine, with the OPEN box popping up, showing the default file location. However, on 2 occasions now, on 2 different computers running Excel 97 SR-2, I am getting the error "Compile error in hidden module sheet 1" when the Load Job button is clicked. One was with Windows 98, one with Windows 2000 Professional. Does anyone know why this might be happening? Can you get to the author/developer? ...

Change the name of an employee class
Is there a way in the SQL table to change the name of employee classes? Patti, Where did you want to change them (cards, trx, history, etc). There are several tables involved. Would it be possible to make new classes starting with the class you want to duplicate as a default. Please let us know what you are trying to accomplish by changing classes. Kind regards, Leslie "Patti Anderson" wrote: > Is there a way in the SQL table to change the name of employee classes? Our naming convention has changed, and requires changing the names of all employee classes...

Named Reference
Hi, Can someone tell me what the pros and cons are (if any) of these 2 ways of naming a range. ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add NAME:="HOME", RefersTo:=ActiveCell Range("HOME").Select or Dim HOME As Range Set HOME = ActiveCell HOME.Select Thanks, DaveU It seems to me that the first method creates a named range that is essentially meaningless to the user and is only used for VBA processing. Additionally, if you don't write code to delete the named range it will just sit there in the workbook waiting for somebody to ask what it means. The second alternative is a clea...

"Name Conflict" when Excel 2007 open an old worksheet
Hi all, An "Name Conflict" error message pop-up "Name cannot be the same as a built-in name". That worksheet was created by Excel 2000 and also could open on Excel 2003 without any error message. Change the worksheet file name could not solve the problem after tested. Why? Thank you, Chik "Chik" <c...@netvigator.com> wrote... >An "Name Conflict" error message pop-up "Name cannot be the same as >a built-in name". That worksheet was created by Excel 2000 and also >could open on Excel 2003 without any error message. Change th...

Find a time value in one column based on names in another
Hi - I have a list of names. (40 Different names that may occur 30 - 40 times a piece in column B). In Column C I have a list of times that each person made an entry. Is there a formula that will give me the earliest time that appears in column C for each person on the list in column B? I already have a list of all of the unique names that will appear in column B that I can use as a reference. Example: col A col B col C smith 6:00am jones 5:03pm smith 7:05am jones 4:02pm adams 2:05pm adams 2:33p...

convert from last name, first name TO first name, last name
How can I convert my contacts (as a group menaing all of them at once0 from the last name, first name to first name last name, without having to enter EACH cotnact and perform it almost 400 times? Also, in what format would you suggest trying to print my contacts showing fields name mobile, home, work phone and email address? I assume there is a way to make used defined fields? You'll need to create a post with enough information that others could understand it. How are we to know which field or view you are trying to "convert?" Be specific. I would suggest pri...

MSCRM work w/ MACs in future?
Does anyone know if the CRM 1.2 release is going to work with MAC OS 10? I have a client that runs a mixed enironment, and claims that OS 10 was built to bridge the gap between MAC and Windows operating systems. Anyone know about anything about it? John? TIA, Eric Hello Eric no word on support for apple OSX. Trust me when I say that OSX was not built to bridge the gap between MAC and Windows's OS The client is definately misinformed in this area. OSX is simply apple's next operating system. as to OSX support in 1.2 - I have to say I would be VERY suprised but that is only my opin...

Pre-select visible sheets in listbox
Hi All, I have a user form which has a listbox which lists all the sheets in the workbook. It allows the user to pick from the list which sheets they would like to see, and hide the unselected ones. What I would like the listbox to do when the form opens, is to pre- select the sheets that are already visible, so that the user can just modify the selction instead of starting from scratch. Any help that people can give would be appreciated cheers Paul As a user, I would think that it would make more sense to ask me to select the sheets to hide--but that doesn't change ...

Separating a name into first name and last name columns
I have a series of full names in single cells that are formatted the following way: <Last Name>,<Space><First Name> - thus it looks like the following: ADAMS, ROSEMARY I would like to separate this into two columns and eliminate the comma. I appreciate any help. I am working in Microsoft Excel 2000 and need answers in Excel, not in Visual Basic. Thank you, THEFALLGUY David(s) - thank you for the help. Problem solved. The Davids stick together!!!! Thanks, David "THEFALLGUY" wrote: > I have a series of full names in single cells that are formatted the ...

Why is the Print Titles option in Page Setup:Sheet greyed out?
I am trying to print the column labels on each of a 10 page list. When I go to Page Setup, then the Sheet tab, the items under Print Titles are greyed out. i.e. I can't enter a row for the "Rows to Repeat at Top" option. Anyone know why? Can't find anything in the help file. Thanks, Tim timz Wrote: > I am trying to print the column labels on each of a 10 page list. When > go > to Page Setup, then the Sheet tab, the items under Print Titles ar > greyed > out. i.e. I can't enter a row for the "Rows to Repeat at Top" option. > > Anyone...

Edit Licensed to Name
I need to edit my last name in the Office 2004 registration (Splash screen). How can I do this? Thanks In article <news-AC4BCA.12232514102004@msnews.microsoft.com>, news@biggerhammer.org wrote: > I need to edit my last name in the Office 2004 registration (Splash > screen). How can I do this? > > Thanks Take a look at http://www.mcgimpsey.com/macoffice/office/pid.html ...

Name Tags
I'm working on putting together some name tags using Publisher but when I get to the name tags and what one's to use, it will only let me print the same name tag on one sheet. How can I put more then one name on a sheet of name tags? Thanks Use mail merge. Create a database with the names, you can do this in Publisher. Click Mail Merge on the toolbar (Publisher 2000), create Publisher Address List. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/ http://mvps.org/msauer/ "Gideon" <gideonkaine@hotmail.com> wrote in message news...