MultiWorkbook Change Event Detection / Spell Checker

Excel 2003 or 2007.  Looking to be able to force spell checking whenever any
cell content is is changed.  I've been successful on a single workbooks by
adding Spell Check execution on Worksheet_Change.

I'm hoping to take this one step further - make it an 'Add-In' so the check
will run for any workbook.  It looks like the Worksheet_Change event only
triggers for the  host workbook so an 'Add-in' will not do the job.

Any suggestions to force spell checking on a change for any
workbook/worksheet I modifiy?

TIA,
- Pat

The way I would go about this is to create a CLASS in my add-in or
Personal.xls that fires up any time there is a Sheet Change in any workbook.
Steps to do this...

1) Create a Class Module in the VBE
     - INSERT > CLASS MODULE
2) Rename the Class Module 'Class_SheetChange'
3) In the Class Module 'Class_SheetChange',
   create an application class called 'App_WkshtChange'
   by putting the following line at the top of the module....

   Public WithEvents App_WkShtChange as Application

4) Next comes the procedure that tells Excel
   to look in each worksheet change...

   Private Sub App_WkShtChange_SheetChange(ByVal _
     Sh As Object, ByVal Target As Range)
     '>>>>> PUT YOUR CODE HERE <<<<<
   End Sub

5) In the top of the 'ThisWorkbook' module of
   the add-in or Personal.xls, create a variable
   for the Class Module called 'clsWkshtChange'.

   Dim clsWkshtChange as New Class_SheetChange

6) To activate the class, put a SET command in the
    Workbook_Open procuedure of the 'ThisWorkbook'

   Private Sub Workbook_Open()
     Set clsWkshtChange.App_WkshtChange
   End Sub

--
Hope this helps.
If it does, please click the Yes button.

"Dreiding" wrote:

> Excel 2003 or 2007.  Looking to be able to force spell checking whenever any
> cell content is is changed.  I've been successful on a single workbooks by
> adding Spell Check execution on Worksheet_Change.
>
> I'm hoping to take this one step further - make it an 'Add-In' so the check
> will run for any workbook.  It looks like the Worksheet_Change event only
> triggers for the  host workbook so an 'Add-in' will not do the job.
>
> Any suggestions to force spell checking on a change for any
> workbook/worksheet I modifiy?
>
> TIA,
> - Pat
Hi Gary,

Thanks for these instructions.  Really helpful!
Using Excel 2003, I'm having a compile issue (Compiler Error:  Expect: =)
for the
"Set clsWkshtChange.App_WkshtChange" code

My 'Class_SheetChange' class contains:

Option Explicit
  Public WithEvents App_wkShtChange As Application
  Private Sub App_wkShtChange_SheetChange(ByVal sh As Object, ByVal target
As Range)
    MsgBox "App_wkShtChange_SheetChange"   ' for testing purposes
  End Sub

My ThisWorkbook code is:

Dim clsWkshtChange As new Class_SheetChange

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
  Set clsWkshtChange.App_wkShtChange          'compile error @ this line
End Sub

Any suggestions?

I also tried the following in the Thisworkbook.   Code compiled but had a
runtine error #13, type mismatch when selecting it as an add-in.

Dim clsWkshtChange As Class_SheetChange

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
  Set clsWkshtChange.App_wkShtChange  = new Class_SheetChange
End Sub

Thanks
- Pat

"Gary Brown" wrote:

> The way I would go about this is to create a CLASS in my add-in or
> Personal.xls that fires up any time there is a Sheet Change in any workbook.
> Steps to do this...
>
> 1) Create a Class Module in the VBE
>      - INSERT > CLASS MODULE
> 2) Rename the Class Module 'Class_SheetChange'
> 3) In the Class Module 'Class_SheetChange',
>    create an application class called 'App_WkshtChange'
>    by putting the following line at the top of the module....
>
>    Public WithEvents App_WkShtChange as Application
>
> 4) Next comes the procedure that tells Excel
>    to look in each worksheet change...
>
>    Private Sub App_WkShtChange_SheetChange(ByVal _
>      Sh As Object, ByVal Target As Range)
>      '>>>>> PUT YOUR CODE HERE <<<<<
>    End Sub
>
> 5) In the top of the 'ThisWorkbook' module of
>    the add-in or Personal.xls, create a variable
>    for the Class Module called 'clsWkshtChange'.
>
>    Dim clsWkshtChange as New Class_SheetChange
>
> 6) To activate the class, put a SET command in the
>     Workbook_Open procuedure of the 'ThisWorkbook'
>
>    Private Sub Workbook_Open()
>      Set clsWkshtChange.App_WkshtChange
>    End Sub
>

> --
> Hope this helps.
> If it does, please click the Yes button.
> Thanks in advance for your feedback.
> Gary Brown
>

> "Dreiding" wrote:
>
> > Excel 2003 or 2007.  Looking to be able to force spell checking whenever any
> > cell content is is changed.  I've been successful on a single workbooks by
> > adding Spell Check execution on Worksheet_Change.
> >
> > I'm hoping to take this one step further - make it an 'Add-In' so the check
> > will run for any workbook.  It looks like the Worksheet_Change event only
> > triggers for the  host workbook so an 'Add-in' will not do the job.
> >
> > Any suggestions to force spell checking on a change for any
> > workbook/worksheet I modifiy?
> >
> > TIA,
> > - Pat
>   Set clsWkshtChange.App_wkShtChange          'compile error @ this line
s/b
Set clsWkshtChange.App_wkShtChange = Application

Sorry about that.
:O<

--

"Dreiding" wrote:

> [...]
> >     Workbook_Open procuedure of the 'ThisWorkbook'
> >
> >    Private Sub Workbook_Open()
> >      Set clsWkshtChange.App_WkshtChange
> >    End Sub
> >

> > --
> > Hope this helps.
> > If it does, please click the Yes button.
> > Thanks in advance for your feedback.
> > Gary Brown
> >

> > "Dreiding" wrote:
> >
> > > Excel 2003 or 2007.  Looking to be able to force spell checking whenever any
> > > cell content is is changed.  I've been successful on a single workbooks by
> > > adding Spell Check execution on Worksheet_Change.
> > >
> > > I'm hoping to take this one step further - make it an 'Add-In' so the check
> > > will run for any workbook.  It looks like the Worksheet_Change event only
> > > triggers for the  host workbook so an 'Add-in' will not do the job.
> > >
> > > Any suggestions to force spell checking on a change for any

Gary,

It works great!  Thanks.

- Pat

"Gary Brown" wrote:

> [...]
> > >    by putting the following line at the top of the module....
> > >
> > >    Public WithEvents App_WkShtChange as Application
> > >
> > > 4) Next comes the procedure that tells Excel
> > >    to look in each worksheet change...
> > >
> > >    Private Sub App_WkShtChange_SheetChange(ByVal _
> > >      Sh As Object, ByVal Target As Range)
> > >      '>>>>> PUT YOUR CODE HERE <<<<<
> > >    End Sub
> > >
> > > 5) In the top of the 'ThisWorkbook' module of
> > >    the add-in or Personal.xls, create a variable
> > >    for the Class Module called 'clsWkshtChange'.
> > >
> > >    Dim clsWkshtChange as New Class_SheetChange
> > >
> > > 6) To activate the class, put a SET command in the
> > >     Workbook_Open procuedure of the 'ThisWorkbook'
> > >
> > >    Private Sub Workbook_Open()
> > >      Set clsWkshtChange.App_WkshtChange
> > >    End Sub
> > >

> > > --
> > > Hope this helps.
> > > If it does, please click the Yes button.

Is it possible to change the order of the folders in the Folder Li
As per subject , is it possible to change the order of the folders in the Folder List (not the Favourite Folder Pane)? No, not possible that I know of, sorry. g-star wrote: > As per subject , is it possible to change the order of the folders > in the Folder List (not the Favourite Folder Pane)? ...

Currency Code changes?
Have you ever seen it where the currency code changes on its own? Its not a big deal I just changed it back to show a minus sign on credits. But I wonder why it changed to brackets ( ) for a credit currency amount? I went to tools->setup->system -> currency.. Did you change or review your Windows Regional Settings lately. GP takes settings from there for things like date format, etc... -- Lyle U KC wrote: > Have you ever seen it where the currency code changes on its own? > Its not a big deal I just changed it back to show a minus sign on > credits. But I wonder wh...

How to change to BOLD in CEdit
I would like to change the weight or color of text in a CEdit box. When I use the following code, the font seems to change to the system font which seems 'bold' but I can't restore the font (MS Sans Serif). The code below is substantially from samples and/or MFC Programming with Visual C++ 6 unleashed 1999 (this started as a VS 6.0 project). I'm a novice and source code and literature would be useful. I've tried to put CFONT font in the header file (as per one of the messages) and I get a crash. ----------------- C O D E ------------------------------ CFont* pFont =...

Change the mail path
My IMAP server is UNIX-based, my e-mail is stored in its own directory in user home directory-for example: ~username/Mail. i have windows -xp in compaq system. which is part of lan. i want to change the path of default mail(i.e where d mails r saved.) please help me out. The instructions gvn in help is not able to help me out. Please guide Thanx in advance../// Raghav wrote: > My IMAP server is UNIX-based, my e-mail is stored in its own directory in > user home directory-for example: ~username/Mail. i have windows -xp in > compaq system. which is part of lan. i want to...

Can you change a title of a Smartlist Report in GP 10.0
We are using GP 10.0. I have some smartlist that we send straight to the printer. Is there a way to change the report title like with a parameter field or be able to change it before printing. -- Thanks for your help Hi, Since the title of the report is the name of the Favorite, you could create more favorites with the right name. You could also create an Export Solution and then use that to send it over to Excel and fire up a macro that would prompt you for a title that you could populate in Excel. The macro could also automatically 'print' the report after you e...

How to change my fax number
I am using small business edition of money 2005 and i wanted to change my fax number on the invoice. I forgot how to do that. Can someone show me how to change information about your company in money small business edition 2005? In microsoft.public.money, Ankit Shah wrote: >I am using small business edition of money 2005 and i wanted to change my fax >number on the invoice. I forgot how to do that. Can someone show me how to >change information about your company in money small business edition 2005? I don't use the business version, but perhaps http://support.microsoft.com...

Quick way to change negative #s to positive
Alot of times at work I need to take a column of numbers and change them to either postive or negative numbers. I would like to be able to select the cells I want then click a button to change the signs of all the cells I selected. Is there such a button, like a +/- button?? If not is the fastest way to do this I can find is to select the cells, hit ctrl H and replace the - with blank. I'm not sure if you want to reverse the sign of each number, or simply convert all numbers to say, positive, even if some already are positive. This gives you 3 options: Sub ChangeSign() Dim ...

Event ID 9548 #2
Hi, I keep getting Event ID 9548 in my application log on my Exchange 2000 server. The warning is: Disabled user /o=ProBusiness, Inc./ou=ProBusiness/cn=Recipients/cn=username does not have a master account SID. Please use Active Directory MMC to set an active account as this user's master account. I get these from time to time and I am able to follow http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;291151&Product=exch2k to grant the necessary rights to the SELF account, but in this case the user that is mentioned in the warning does not exist in Active Directory (or at ...

Change to formula
I am using this formula to display the current date on a sheet, I require it to show the actual day before, what do I need to change. =IF(AND(B6="",B4<>""),NOW(),IF(AND(B4<>"",B6<>""),B6,"")) =IF(AND(B6="",B4<>""),TODAY()-1,IF(AND(B4<>"",B6<>""),B6,"")) -- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy) "bbc1" <bbc1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9F920C16-159A-478D-AEC3-81BD6ABC5...

How to change the default font size for outlook express?
I would like change default font size for outlook express? the default font size is 10, and I prefer 12 as default. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric Tools | Options | Compose. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:975D75C0-1CA0-4325-A9D6-EC7510AFA86C@microsoft.com... >I would like change default font size for outlook express? the default >font > size is 10, and I prefer 12 as default. > Does anyone hav...

Publisher Calendar Reverting changes
I've added new info to my Publisher Calendar and would like to change just the month and not my new information. Unfortunately, it reverts back to the old information every time... Requiring me to redo the text again. Any assistance is appreciated. thanks You could setup a merge if all the information is the same. You could copy the calendar, paste to a new publication, you can restore the color with color schemes. You will have to change the date range manually but your text will be retained. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msne...

MultiWorkbook Change Event Detection / Spell Checker
Excel 2003 or 2007. Looking to be able to force spell checking whenever any cell content is is changed. I've been successful on a single workbooks by adding Spell Check execution on Worksheet_Change. I'm hoping to take this one step further - make it an 'Add-In' so the check will run for any workbook. It looks like the Worksheet_Change event only triggers for the host workbook so an 'Add-in' will not do the job. Any suggestions to force spell checking on a change for any workbook/worksheet I modifiy? TIA, - Pat The way I would go about this i...

Money 2004 Deluxe-Changing a charge account to a credit account
For some reason my Discover card is listed as a charge account (pay off completely each month) and isn't suppose to be. No matter how I try I can't seem to change this so I can list interest information and minimum amount, etc. Since there is only one underlying type--Credit Card--what is it that you want to change? I just created one of each a "Credit card" and a "Charge card". The only differences I can see are all exposed under the Account Details Change Credit Details button. You said "no matter how [you] try [you] can't". Did you try the...

On Exit Event
On Exit Event Hello, I have a form that opens to a new record. I set the focus to a control that I want the user to populate without going any further. This code below will not work, however, because the record has yet to be created: Private Sub comSubject_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer) If IsNull(Me.comSubject) Then MsgBox "You cannot leave the [Subject] field empty!" Cancel =3D True Me.Undo End If I suppose I could add a default value or make the record dirty, but that seems unnecessary. This code works too well; I can=92t move anywhere unti...

How to detect changes in a column?
If I have a table with sales forecast data (columns) like Customer, Amount and Status, what would be the best way to track changes in this table so I can compare my forecast week after week? -- inomata ------------------------------------------------------------------------ inomata's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=18938 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=493571 ...

Favorite Folders change
Using OL2003 with Exchange 5.5. Every time I start OL2003, the Folders I put into Favorite Folders change, or are removed. Sometimes others are added. Is anyone else seeing this? ...

Outlook 2002
Hello, I have a client which uses Outlook 2002, on Windows XP Pro SP2. She created a meeting with roughly 10 persons. No distribution List. The meeting is recurrent for roughly a year, each week. Now everything goes smoothly for the first 3 months. However at a certain point the meeting becomes an appointment, meaning there is nobody anymore in the meeting. And that's the case for the remaining occurences of the "Meeting". Client hasn't sent out a cancelation obviously. Her other meetings work fine, as they should, even after this problematic meeting. ...

Bar width on existing chart changes when changing source data
I have a spreadsheet with a bar chart already in it (it's showing the number of quotes sent monthly w/ trendlines). In column A, I have a month-year and in column B, I have the number of quotes sent in that month. I changed the source data to display a different set of months, and the bar widths narrowed down to the width of a line. I undid the change and the bar widths went back. I then tried to edit the chart formula one cell at a time and found that when I reached a particular month forward in time, that that's when the change occurred (row 40). I thought maybe it was ...

Changing local admin password on domain computers
I have written the below powershell script to change the local administrator account on some servers that I have listed in the servers.txt file. $name="administrator" get-content c:\servers.txt | foreach-object { [adsi]$admin="WinNT://$_/$name,user" $admin.SetPassword("password2") $admin.setinfo() } When I run the script i get the following error : Exception retrieving member "setpassword". The network path was not found $admin.setpassword <<<< ("password2") categoryinfo : Notspecified: (:) [], ExtendedTypeSyste...

version changes #2
i created a business card on Publisher (xp) but when i try to load it onto a computer w/ a color printer that has publisher ('97) it says i can't load stuff from another version. is there any way i can "downgrade" the project to make it compatible with the older version? ...

RMS 2.0 Database Schema Change?
Does 2.0 change the SO database schema any? I would like to install 2.0 in a different directory that production SO on my test system and access the same db. Any issues here? -- John M. yes minor changes around Matrix. Afshin Alikhani - [ afshin@retailrealm.co.uk ] CEO - Retail Realm url:// www.retailrealm.co.uk = = = = = = = = = = = = = "John M." <anonymous@discussions.microsft.com> wrote in message news:uT%2314kEVHHA.4784@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Does 2.0 change the SO database schema any? I would like to install 2.0 > in a different directory that prod...

detect and repair
my outlook 2002 had some hyperlink problems which were corrected when i used the 'detect and repair' option in help. now i have lost my addresses and all the e-mail that was in my inbox. How do i recover these items? Check this page for all you need to know: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup. Mahalo! "Mark Conner" <mdconner@prodigy.net> wrote ...

Change PO Status of Released, Change Order & New to Closed or Canc
Need a non-manual method to change a Purchase Order Released, Change Order or New status to closed or Cancelled. We are currently on Version 9.0 Is there a way to do a mass update using a date criteria? I am trying to do the Remove Completed Purchase Orders process but this only pulls PO's that have Closed or Cancelled status. It does not pull any PO's that have Released, Change order or New status. Thank you Sameena Khalfan PromoWorks "Julie B" wrote: > Need a non-manual method to change a Purchase Order Released, Change Order or > New status to closed or Ca...

Changing the default button
I have a simple dialog-based program. When the user is adding items to a list box, I want to make the Add button the default button so they can type multiple items and hit Enter instead of having to click the Add button each time. When the user clicks in the edit box to type an item, I change the Add button with SetButtonStyle to BS_DEFPUSHBUTTON and the Close but with SetButton Style to BS_PUSHBUTTON. When the user clicks anywhere outside of the edit box, I toggle the two buttons back. My problem is, when the Enter key is pressed, the program still ends like the Close button is ...

How do I change my default browser from MS Excel 2002. Links cur. #2
I place internet links in my spreadsheets for Excel 2002. When I click the link, it takes me to Internet Explorer Browser. How can I change it to use Netscape as the default browser? Thank you pizzaman wrote: > I place internet links in my spreadsheets for Excel 2002. When I > click the link, it takes me to Internet Explorer Browser. How can I > change it to use Netscape as the default browser? > Thank you Have you set Netscape as your default browser? ...