Moving an active cell

I need a snippet of code that will (when you use ctrl-d) look at the active
cell, move the cursor down 9 cells (same column) and make that cell the
active cell, no matter where you start on the spreadsheet.
Any ideas?
Thanks to everyone.
--
Howard

ActiveCell.Offset(8).Select
Hope this helps.  Otto
"Howard" <Howard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I need a snippet of code that will (when you use ctrl-d) look at the
> active
> cell, move the cursor down 9 cells (same column) and make that cell the
> active cell, no matter where you start on the spreadsheet.
> Any ideas?
> Thanks to everyone.
> --
> Howard

0
Otto
3/1/2010 2:54:43 PM
Hi,

Alt+F11 to open VB editor, Right click 'ThisWorkbook' and insert module and
paste the code in

Sub Move_me()
ActiveCell.Offset(9).Select
End Sub

Back on the worksheet
Tools|Macro - Macros - navigate to the macro then 'Options' and assign the
shortcut CTRL+D
--
Mike

question.

"Howard" wrote:

> I need a snippet of code that will (when you use ctrl-d) look at the active
> cell, move the cursor down 9 cells (same column) and make that cell the
> active cell, no matter where you start on the spreadsheet.
> Any ideas?
> Thanks to everyone.
> --
> Howard
Put this in the Workbook_Open Event:

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
    Application.OnKey "^d", "MoveCursor"
End Sub

Put this in a standard module:

Sub MoveCursor()
    On Error Resume Next
    ActiveCell.Offset(9).Select
End Sub

Hope this helps!  If so, let me know, click "YES" below.
--
Cheers,
Ryan

"Howard" wrote:

> I need a snippet of code that will (when you use ctrl-d) look at the active
> cell, move the cursor down 9 cells (same column) and make that cell the
> active cell, no matter where you start on the spreadsheet.
> Any ideas?
> Thanks to everyone.
> --
> Howard
Thanks to everyone who replied.  This solves my problem.
--
Howard

"Mike H" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Alt+F11 to open VB editor, Right click 'ThisWorkbook' and insert module and
> paste the code in
>
> Sub Move_me()
> ActiveCell.Offset(9).Select
> End Sub
>
> Back on the worksheet
> Tools|Macro - Macros - navigate to the macro then 'Options' and assign the
> shortcut CTRL+D
> --
> Mike

> question.
>

> "Howard" wrote:
>
> > I need a snippet of code that will (when you use ctrl-d) look at the active
> > cell, move the cursor down 9 cells (same column) and make that cell the
> > active cell, no matter where you start on the spreadsheet.
> > Any ideas?
> > Thanks to everyone.
> > --
> > Howard

copy cells from one worksheet to another
How do I make the "value" or content of a cell on 'worksheet 1' mirror or copy the font color (and strike through) of a cell on a seperate worksheet? - 'worksheet 2'? thanks. Copy and paste special|values followed by Paste special|formats If you were using a formula, then that formula can only return the value--it can't change the format. Depending on how that other cell changed, you could have an event macro do the work for you. Garrett wrote: > > How do I make the "value" or content of a cell on 'worksheet 1' mirror or > copy ...

Moving license to a new computer

reference a cell AND its format in a new cell
Seems like there would be a simple way to reference a cell and any formatting it has. For example, A1=5 and the 5 is underlined and in red. The entry in A2 is =A1 and I want A2 to show not only the 5 but I also want it to preserve and show the same formatting that was applied to A1. Thanks in advance for the help. Formulas don't do this kind of thing. You could copy|Paste???? TiChNi wrote: > > Seems like there would be a simple way to reference a cell and any > formatting it has. For example, A1=5 and the 5 is underlined and in > red. The entry in A2 is =A1 and I want ...

Active X control in Excel 2003
I have is=nstalled a pen pad on my pc which usies an active x control in Excel to enable me to draw in it. Everytime I start Excel it asks me if I was to run this Active X control. Is there a way of stopping it asking me every time? Thanks Shane Excel 2003, Windows XP home Hi, I think if you lowered your security level, it wouldn't ask, but I wouldn't recommend doing so. It prevents unauthorized and possibly dangerous macros from running and causing damage. I'd put up with the nuisance. jeff >-----Original Message----- >I have is=nstalled a pen pad on my pc which usi...

Hiding Formula in cells
Hello everyone, I used to know this, but ..... old age... There is a way to hide formulae in cells, but the sheet needed to be protected I believe. Anyone knows how this was done? Thanks Hi Thrava, Format | Cells | Select Protection tab | Check "Hidden" Then protect the worksheet. --- Regards, Norman "thrava" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:15de01c4e884$17eea760$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Hello everyone, > > I used to know this, but ..... old age... > > There is a way to hide formulae in cells, but the sheet > nee...

Active reports
Hello, i want to write my own reports for RMS. Is there anywhere a description of Active Reports, a How To? Something like a book? Wolfgang Nie�en wrote: > Hello, > > i want to write my own reports for RMS. Is there anywhere a description of > Active Reports, a How To? > Something like a book? > It's available RMS Report Reference. Contact your rms-partner .. or CONTACT NIELS ^_^ bye bye antonio ...

Safe to Move?

mail moved from netscape to outlook?

Anyone tried customizing activity views by editing the SavedQueryBase records?
Would editing the SavedQueryBase records directly allow me to add otherwise unavailable columns to the various activities views? I am trying to show the phone number (location) but this column is not available using the workarounds posted for editing the activity views using the CRM GUI. Anyone tried this yet? I am not looking for an officially supported solution - just a functional workaround. ...

Creating a goto/anchor in excel based on a cell value
Hello, I am creating a financial worksheet for a client in which the user can choose options from a drop down menu. What I want to happen is, based on the option the user chooses, the model sends them to a certain cell on the same sheet. Ex: If user chooses 1 from the drop down, it sends them to cell A4. If the user chooses 2 from the drop down, it sends them to cell A5. Also, I would like to know how to trigger a macro based on a cell value Here is the code I thought might work =if(A1=1, Run_OLM(),"") Any advice on these topics is much appreciated. Thanks in advance. Tushar...

Moving Exchange 2000

Counting unique cells (with text) in a filtered list
Hi Is there a simple way to count unique text values in the 'header" of a column where the adjoining column has had the filter switched on? Example A Home B Car B Home C Home C Home D Car If filtered on Home in the second column, should show 3 (ie A,B and C). Thanks in advance Try this array formula** : =SUM(IF(FREQUENCY(IF(SUBTOTAL(3,OFFSET(A2:A7,ROW(A2:A7)-ROW(A2),0,1)),MATCH(A2:A7,A2:A7,0)),ROW(A2:A7)-ROW(A2)+1)>0,1)) ** array formulas need to be entered using the key combination of CTRL,SHIFT,ENTER (not just ENTER). Hold down both the CTRL key ...

Moving Pages between two publications

Move mailbox rights in Exchange 5.5 #2

Limit valid input to a cell
Is there a way to limit the valid entries to a cell? For example, I want a cell to get a "Y" for Yes and an "N" for no, but I don't want the person filling in the form to enter any other values. Also, I prefer not to use a dropdown box. Anybody? -- Bruce Kollister Hi bruster use Data / Validation - choose 'list' if you don't want the drop down arrow, untick "in cell drop down" Debra Dalgleish has extensive information on data validation on her site at www.contextures.com Cheers JulieD "bruster" <bruster@discussions.microso...

Locking a cell's format, but not value
Hello, I did some searches and although I found some other threads discussing this, I found no working solution. I suspect what I want cannot be done, but I am asking anyway in case there is a solution that was missed or perhaps a method became available in later versions of Excel or via patches. I would like to lock or freeze the format of a cell, so that a user can copy a value from another cell to it, without the format also being copied. I realize this can be done with 'Paste Special', but I find that method too cumbersome to expect my users to use. I am using Excel 2003 (11.61...

Activities: Roles and Privileges
Hello, How can I set the roles for my Customer Service Representatives in order that they can view all activities related to Cases but not the activities related to sensitive information (Orders, Quotes, Invoices...). If I set the role to User level only (Read, Write..etc.) they will not be able to see the activities related to other cases owned by their colleagues. Thanks in advance, Claude R. Try disabling setting for Orders, Quotes, and Invoices to 'None Selected' in the Sales section of your custom role. "Claude R." wrote: > Hello, > > How can I set t...

Keyboard Nav scrolls instead of next cell
Excel 2003 Sudden quirk: When I hit the arrow on my keyboard, instead of moving to the next cell in the direction of the arrow, the whole worksheet scrolls in that direction instead. It didn't use to do that. What happened, and how do I undo it? Many thanks. Ken Hi you probably have enabled 'Sroll Lock'. Try hitting the 'SCRLCK' key on your keyboard -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Ken Isaacson wrote: > Excel 2003 > > Sudden quirk: When I hit the arrow on my keyboard, instead of moving > to the next cell in the direction of the arrow, the who...