MODI printing and combining files

I am working on a large project. I need to be able to run a program that
prints every file in a specific folder to TIF's using MODI, then all
documents just printed as TIF's need to be consolidated into one single TIF
file.

Is this possible? If so, can someone please give me a clue on where to start
and/or provide me with some sample code on how to leverage MODI?

Thanks!

Postcards do not print the same as print preview
I am running Windows XP, Microsoft Office Publisher 2003, SP3. I simply want to create a postcard mailer, a half page, to mail to prospects. The problem I am having is I chose the page setup: Postcard, half page letter, portrait layout. What is printing out is not what the print preview shows. What the print preview shows is correct, I should get 2 postcards on one sheet, printed out vertically, one on the top and one below it. So all I would have to do it cut the page in half and have 2 postcards. The way it is coming out on my printer is one on top and one below it, but ...

Frx Install Files
Supposedly FRx is one of the modules that I own. However, I cannot find the install files for it anywhere on the two Dynamics installation CDs that I have. I am running Dynamics 8.0. Can someone tell me where to find the install files for FRx? Hi Depending on what module you have brought, you should have been given a separate FRX CD. You would need to contact your Var to supply you the FRX CD. Regards James "Hutch" <Hutch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FB0A6D94-B30F-4B89-A47B-994D6DEE5BBA@microsoft.com... > Supposedly FRx is one of the module...

disable printing
Is there any way to disable an excel file from being printed? I've run into an issue where people are printing off sheets with sensetive information on them and not being careful about throwing them away or taking them off of the printer. They are printing off of a report that I create daily, so I was hoping I could just disable printing privelages on this file. You could use a macro, but it's not foolproof. Any user could disable macros or disable events and then print. But if you want to try, this goes in the ThisWorkbook module. Option Explicit Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(C...

Can't save files to SBS2003 network with Office 2008 on 10.6
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Hello, I was wondering if anyone besides me has encountered a problem saving Office 2008 documents to a Windows server (SBS2003 SP2, not RC2 in my case) in 10.6. After upgrading to 10.6 everything seemed to be fine with my Office installation until I tried to save a document that I had opened from a network share. When trying to save a document opened from a Windows share I receive the following error message: Word cannot save this file. The disk may be full or write protected. Try one or more of the following: *...

Printing or Not Printing Pictures
Using Access 2007. This may not be the best approach but this is what I have done... I am trying to create a home inspection database. In my table for bathroom I have the following fields referring to pictures: TPic as an Attachment to add pictures of a toilet (don't laugh!); SPic for sink; VHPic for Venting/Heating; BTPic for bath-tub; SHPic for Shower..... On the form for each area (I have the form set-up as pages / tabs) each attachment field is on the applicable page. That works fine. The user can add as many pictures as they want easily. I can put the attachment...

Transferring Outlook calendar and contact files
how do I transfer information already in the Outlook 2003 calendar and contact on my old computer to the Outlook 2007 on my new computer? "August" <August@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BD2B4216-7B1E-4FB0-8C14-0D67A872B20F@microsoft.com... > how do I transfer information already in the Outlook 2003 calendar and > contact on my old computer to the Outlook 2007 on my new computer? On Old Computer: Close Outlook. Search for, and copy the pst file. Default name and location are: C:\Documents and Settings\{Your User Name here}\Local Settings\Application ...

Excel file won't open
When logged in under my own profile and I try to open an Excel file fro Explorer I get the following message - 'Cannot find the file filename.XLS (or one of its components). Make sure the path and file name are correct and that all require libraries are available. ' Excel itself opens but the file won't. However If I open the fil through Excel using File | Open it works fine (i.e. not throug Explorer). I've tried the fixes suggested on the MS site but they don' work, I've also uninstalled and reinstalled office. Strangely when I log on under a different profile on m...

Printing from two sheets in the same workbook
I tried to print from two separate sheets in the same workbook in Excel 2007. I can manage that, but it seems as if Excel creates two different print files, so I cannot print double-sided pages. Does anyone know if it is possible and I'm just doing something wrong? Anyone know how I can do this? Thanks. If you select both sheets prior to printing you will get one print job. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 7 Mar 2009 13:41:15 -0800 (PST), MikeB <MPBrede@gmail.com> wrote: >I tried to print from two separate sheets in the same workbook in >Excel 2007. I can manage that, b...

Excel: When printing some cells will not print text in them
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) When I print an Excel 08 spread sheet, two of the cells that have text in them will not print the text in the cell. All the other cells with text prints fine. The text does not even show up on print preview in the print dialogue box. Any suggestions on how to get it to include the text in these two cells? ...

Combining companies
Has anyone ever combined two GP companies into one? I have been tasked with this and I'm not sure where to start. We are on SQL 2005. I have been informed by support that there are no migration tools for this. Any help or suggestions would be great. Bmeeks, This is rather a very complex issue to deal with. You will waste more time and more money in the attempt than the benefits your company is going to really perceive from this process. Here is what I suggest: 1) Create a new company in GP that will serve as the new consolidated company 2) Import a new chart of accounts that r...

how do I print doublesided 2up on a4 on a form consisting of 4 a5
I am practicing a mock exam on publisher2003 professional and am struggling to print an application form to be printed as a double sided 2 up on a4 paper folded across the application form will consist of 4 a5 pages? Setup your printer for A4, setup your page as a booklet. I can't quite understand the 2 up part. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "tommyk" <tommyk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A66AE0F8-3AB6-42C8-A116-47652D88C4AB@microsoft.com... >I am practicing a mock exam on...

Comparing Excel Files
Does anyone know about a Macro or Add-in that compares 2 Excel files/sheets in a similar manner to Compare in Word? Thanks. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Amr Tabbarah < wrote: > Does anyone know about a Macro or Add-in that compares 2 Excel > files/sheets in a similar manner to Compare in Word? One way is to save two sheets as CSV files and use Word to compare the CSV files. (It's awkward, but it gets the job done.) 1. One method I like is to make a third sheet to show differences an put a formula like this in all cells :- =Sheet1!A1-Sheet2!A1 ....for...

Report Combining Totals....Help!!
Hiya! I'm creating a report that has a chart detailing what are our customers are coming to see our advisors about. Its just a pie chart that counts how many people came to see them about funding, personal issues etc. Following a meeting regarding this they now want an additional category box on the form in case someone comes to see them about more than thing, so another category.... Is there a way in which i could add the categories from the additional one, to the initial box so that those figures are also included in the 1 pie chart on the report? I don't know ...

Printing MICR checks
Hello, We are having an issue printing checks on the Select Payables Checks window. When we try to print the checks we receive the error message below: "Warning: You have MICR but are not in a MICR screen. To use MICR, abort this screen and set up security access." The user has access to this screen but I'm not sure what this error message means. There was nothing related to this in the Knowledge Base either. Has anyone else received this error message before and if so how did/do you resolve it? Thanks! The user has the third party mekorma check writing module ...

File name list in the open dialog box.
In the open dialog box, how to delete the list of files appearing in the file name drag down menu in excel 2007? Not sure where you are finding this list. Do you mean the Recent Documents you see when you click on the Button? You can clear that by setting your MRU list to 0 under Button>Excel Options>Advanced>Display. If you mean the list you see when you go to Button>Open then you will have to set a new default file path to a folder that is empty. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 4 Mar 2010 09:10:01 -0800, Acs <Acs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: ...

Can't save file in network or hard disk
Receive new xp last week and running excel 2000. The file has 12 tabs and lots of data linking between tabs. Sporadically, I cannot save the file back on the network, cannot save under another name, and cannot even save on the c:drive. The message is "xxx.xls cannot be accessed. The file may be read only, or you may be trying to access a read-only location. Or, the server the document is stored on may not be responding". The network is not down and I am not disconnected from the network. I do not encounter this problem with the old nt. Other files have less tabs and less c...

selecting print area via inputbox
I am trying to do something that seems quite simple, yet I can't get it to work. I am using the following code to get the print range from the user. Sometimes it works, and other times nothing happens, depending upon the range that is selected. Any ideas? Sub SelectPrintRange() Dim rRange As Range On Error Resume Next Application.DisplayAlerts = False Set rRange = Application.InputBox(Prompt:= _ "Please use your mouse to select a select a range to be printed.", _ Title:="SPECIFY RANGE", Type:=8) On Error...

MODI
Can anyone tell me if the Microsoft Office Document Image Writer is included with the standalone version of Publisher? If so, are the MODI libraries included as well? I'd really like to have the MODI capabilities and "printer" driver without having to purchase the full version of Office Professional. I want to know if it comes with Publisher because I could use Publisher for some other things anyway. Thanks, Chad Hi ABS-CJK (Darknightx13@hotmail.com), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || Can anyone tell me if the Microsoft Office Document Image Writer is || included w...

Error Accessing File
I have several problems and need to explain them slowly, that is why I ask for a nurse maid. I am using Access 2000 but ultimatley must convert the Database to Access 97 for usage in VB6. In my test data base in AC2000 every thing works OK. When I export to the other DB which is also at this time in AC2000 it supposedly exports. When I go to use the code section I get a message "Error Accessing file. Network connection may have been lost." I don't know what is going on and can not make corrections. How do I clear this error? Andy Pagorek Andy this sounds like this ve...

opening *.mdi files MODI locks up mouse
When I perform the following: Remote Desktop to Windows 2008 x64 and open up an MDI file - Microsoft Office Document Imaging (MODI) format - the mouse locks up and stops moving inside the RDP session. The keyboard still works but to get the mouse working again, you need to log off. This was duplicated on multiple PCs. Looks like uninstalling "Desktop Experience" fixes this problem "Kublakan" wrote: > When I perform the following: Remote Desktop to Windows 2008 x64 and open up > an MDI file - Microsoft Office Document Imaging (MODI) format - the mous...

Delay in Printing on screen
Hi, While redirecting print to Screen there is a delay of more than 1 min. After various tests we observed that a 0 record report with Logo takes a lot of time to come on screen. Whereas a 0 record report without logo comes instantaneously. Printing the same report with logo to on printer is no an issue either. Pls let us know if there are any pointers or steps that can be useful in identyfying the cause and rectifying it. thanks ...

insert picture from file as a link does not work
I had Publisher 2002 and experienced this problem, so I upgraded to Publisher 2003 hoping that the problem would be fixed, but it is not. I am inserting a picture from a file as a link into a publisher document. I am doing this so I can update the picture periodically and not have to re-do inserting it into the publisher document. This does not work. Whenever I update the file, the linked picture in the document is not updated. Is this a known problem and WHEN will it be fixed? What does 'WHEN' mean in the context you have used it? You can update the original picture, no...

Print Sequence
I want to convert a booklet to a pdf for online viewing. I want it in numeric sequence instead of the sequence needed to be published by a commericial printer PTA Mom <PTA Mom@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I want to convert a booklet to a pdf for online viewing. I want it in > numeric sequence instead of the sequence needed to be published by a > commericial printer Change the paper size in your PDF application to the size of one individual page, then set the Page Setup to Full Page. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher Thanks. T...

Print not showing on paper when printed
-- To be myself is the most important thing!!! Interesting! Using white ink? No print area assigned? Please provide some details. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 24 Jun 2009 16:26:01 -0700, Citripio <citripio@discussion.microsoft.com> wrote: A couple more.............. Printer cartridge(s) out of ink? Font is colored white and you are printing in color? Gord On Wed, 24 Jun 2009 16:36:54 -0700, Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca> wrote: >Interesting! > >Using white ink? > >No print area assigned? > >Please provide some details. > > >...

Program a macro to print
I have an employee expense report that contains employee information in the first five rows. The rows 6 through 30 are blank and for the employee to fill in (or add additional rows if necessary) with a list of their expenses. In rows 31 - 37, there is information that the employee acknowledges that the expenses listed in the rows are true and incurred on behalf of his/her job duties. I have a macro that automatically prints this worksheet. If the employee doesn't have enough expenses to fill all the rows between 6 and 30, I would like to create a routine in my macro...