Macro to run based on criteria

Hi, i need a macro to run based on a criteria in A1.
In A1 i have a dropdown list with sheets name. If i select in A1 the sheet
John, and then i run the macro, i need the macro to copy some cells from the
sheet John.
If i select in A1 the sheet Mary, then the macro to copy from sheet Mary.
Can this be done?
Thanks!

Yes. Try the below...

With Sheets(CStr(Range("A1")))
..Range("A1:A10").Copy Sheets("Sheet1").Range("B1")
End With

"puiuluipui" wrote:

> Hi, i need a macro to run based on a criteria in A1.
> In A1 i have a dropdown list with sheets name. If i select in A1 the sheet
> John, and then i run the macro, i need the macro to copy some cells from the
> sheet John.
> If i select in A1 the sheet Mary, then the macro to copy from sheet Mary.
> Can this be done?
> Thanks!
This is perfect!
Thanks!

"Jackpot" wrote:

> Yes. Try the below...
>

> With Sheets(CStr(Range("A1")))
> .Range("A1:A10").Copy Sheets("Sheet1").Range("B1")
> End With
>

> "puiuluipui" wrote:
>
> > Hi, i need a macro to run based on a criteria in A1.
> > In A1 i have a dropdown list with sheets name. If i select in A1 the sheet
> > John, and then i run the macro, i need the macro to copy some cells from the
> > sheet John.
> > If i select in A1 the sheet Mary, then the macro to copy from sheet Mary.
> > Can this be done?
> > Thanks!

Macro warning with no macros

counting numbers if certain criteria are met?
I have two columns. the first has single digits between 0 and 9, th second has x's with blank spaces in between. Anyone know how to count or mark all the 2's in the first column that also have an x in th second column? Don't want to just count ALL the 2's -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Try something like this: =SUMPRODUCT((A2:A1000=2)*(B2:B1000="x")) -- Andy. "judoist >" <<judoist.17uhhk@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:judoist.17uhhk@excelforum-nospam.com... > I have two columns. the first has single ...

Macro

Macro

Terminal Server based Outlook 2007 printing hieroglyphics
We are running terminal services(Server 2008 R2) with Outlook 2007 installed (SP2). No other Office components are installed. When printing emails, (all other printing is fine), the text becomes compressed and looks like hieroglyphics. 1. I have tried removing all printer drivers and re-installing the drivers with no luck. 2. I have also applied the lastest patches and Service packs to the server and Outlook. 3. I have tried using different types of drivers with each printer ie. PS, MS, PCL5e, PCL6 etc with no luck. Any help would be appreciated as users are getting very fr...

How to Stop Worksheet_Change event from running during code execution
I'm sorry If I've asked this before but I can't find an answer to it. I have the following 2 events in a worksheet module.... Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) I run some codes, either in UserForms or general procedures that make changes to this worksheet. Q. Is there a way to by-pass those two events somehow? As an example I have a uf that comes up if a cell is selected in that sheet. So I need those worksheet_Change events to work at that point. But then, the uf does some stuff like inputing ...

Help with macro/and or formula?

Attached Toolbars Macros

Run macro automatically.

how do I calculate a running average?
Week 1 Week 2 Week 3 Cym M. Share 5.46% 4.63% 0 Cym TRX 130 110 ADD TRX 2,381 2,377 TRX Needed 129 128 Difference 1 -18 Total Needed -17 Avg SOM I want to calculate Avg SOM cell. I eter new data each week and want a running average of Cym M. Share. I can't figure it out how to make it work. Assuming your first Cym M. share is in B2: =AVERAGE($B2:B2) then copy across the columns. "JBilly" wrote: > Week 1 Week 2 Week 3 > Cym M. Share 5.46% 4.63% 0 > Cym TRX ...

Protected sheets and running macros

Macro Freezes Reading Pane

Macro to remove rows?

Calendar Formatting Based Upon Multple Date Ranges
Hi there, what I am after is simple enough in nature, but seems to be difficult to create. Basically I work on a rotational job. Usually it is 4 weeks at site, and 4 weeks off. Sometimes that can Change to 6 on, 2 off, etc. I'd like to create a calendar that allows me to specify a start date, # days on, # days off, and have it format a calendar with simple colors for days working. I don't care what has happened up to this point in the year - just from the 'start day' forward. any suggestions would be appreciated. Try this http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=...

money runs very slowly
I have Money 2002 Deluxe and professional and it runs slower and slower all the time. Is there any way to get the software to run at the speed it used to? See http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q4 -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or email mnyukwsh@microsoft.com especially if it's a UK specific wish. I do not respond to any unsolicited email regarding Money "Joe" <joe...

If criteria not met use msgbox
I am very new to code. I have created macros in the past. How can I write code that would let me manipulate data. For example: I want them to enter a date that automatically puts Sunday in the cel above it (Cell C5). I have this done in a formula so far!! What I want if it's not Sunday, is a message box that pops up and say "the date you entered is not equal to Sunday, change the date. " The go back to the cell so they can enter the new date? I am sure this is basic for some. I just can't get it to work. Michael; -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Is this...

Calling on a macro within a macro!

shortcut keys to macros

Run a program through Outlook . . .
Dears, How to run a program from outlook? As example , i need to run Firefox in outlook. Thanks & Regards,, ...

help Unable to record Macro !!!!!!!

Macro that password protects a sheet

Footer Macro?
Hi Months ago I read a Public Sub Macro that read the selection of a drop down list in a combo box and placed it in the center Footer at the same time it also placed the date in the right Footer and tme in the left footer. I have searched most of the regular sites including this one and cannot find it anywhere --- Can anyone help with my search. Any help much appreciated Cheers ---- Mully ...

Keyboard Shortcut in Macro
Hi all i'v created macro with Keyboard Shortcut Ctrl+b . now i want to change it to Ctrl+z how can i do it . regards Tools-->Macro-->Macros. Select (don't open!) your macro, and hit the Options button. :) ************ Hope it helps! Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "osaka78" <osaka78@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1721A458-212D-4446-8209-494A459EE428@microsoft.com... > Hi all > i'v created macro with Keyboard Shortcut Ctrl+b . now i want to change it > to > Ctrl+z > how can i do it . > > regards THE MACRO IS NO...

sort numbers based on initial digit.
running excell 2002. I have a list of part numbers starting 1xxxxxxxxx (8 digits total) and ending 9(4 digits). Default will put the larger number of digits last but I need the first number of the sequence to be the primary sort number. eg: 12345678, 2345, 6, 789, 8, 99999. etc. Any simple solution? Hi! One way.... Use a helper column and extract the first 8 digits from the p/n then sort on that column. Assume p/n's are in the range A1:A100: A1 = 12345678, 2345, 6, 789, 8, 99999 Say the helper column is column D. In D1 enter this formula: =LEFT(A1,8)*1 This will extract the...

Macros have been disabled but there is no macro
when I open a specific doc the info bar at the top says "Macros have been disabled", but when I hit Alt+F11 I can't find any VB or a module to remove. Why is it telling me about macros? Other docs don't give me this prompt. I thought I might have to enable macros to see the code. When I enabled macro, it said "do you want to save changes to this doc?" it flickered and came back as if immediately reopened. Any ideas? I could copy and paste the text into a new doc but I'd be interested to be able to strip off this problem. The doc is an internal IT ...