Hi, I am looking for a macro that requests input of a reference code and then
a date and then filters the data in my spreadsheet based on this criteria. I
am using excel 2007. Any help with this will be greatly appreciated.

You can probably record a macro while doing it manually and then clean it up
and add input boxes to ask the question or input your variable in a cell and
use that. If all else fails,

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software
dguillett@gmail.com
"pkk1964" <pkk1964@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I am looking for a macro that requests input of a reference code and
> then
> a date and then filters the data in my spreadsheet based on this criteria.
> am using excel 2007. Any help with this will be greatly appreciated.

0
Don

Macro warning with no macros

Macro

Macro

Run macro automatically.

Terminal Server based Outlook 2007 printing hieroglyphics
We are running terminal services(Server 2008 R2) with Outlook 2007 installed (SP2). No other Office components are installed. When printing emails, (all other printing is fine), the text becomes compressed and looks like hieroglyphics. 1. I have tried removing all printer drivers and re-installing the drivers with no luck. 2. I have also applied the lastest patches and Service packs to the server and Outlook. 3. I have tried using different types of drivers with each printer ie. PS, MS, PCL5e, PCL6 etc with no luck. Any help would be appreciated as users are getting very fr...

Help with macro/and or formula?

Attached Toolbars Macros

Protected sheets and running macros

Macro Freezes Reading Pane

Macro to remove rows?

Duplicate Data
One main form with two subforms (linked by ProjectID), first subform is for data entry, the second just allows the user to view what has been saved from the previous subform. The subform allows users to report on a month basis by selecting a month in a combo box [PeriodID]. I would like to add some code in the Befire Update event that checks the PeriodID for a match before it is saved. Can someone help me with the code please, I have tried various DLookup snippets of code from this site, but nothing is working as the code does not really suit my purpose. regards Maybe t...

Calling on a macro within a macro!

shortcut keys to macros

retrieving data from a table on a website
There is a internet page with chemical data : http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=twQ35hFIq-y0N84xQ5l0ICQ&output=html It has chemicals in the first column and proerties in adjacent columns. Is there a way to have a userform lookup a chemical in a textbox from the websites 1st column and then populate other textboxes with the adjacent data from the table? Can anyone help? Thanks, Roger On Jan 18, 9:59=A0am, Roger on Excel <RogeronEx...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > There is a internet page with chemical data : > > http://spreadsheets.googl...

help Unable to record Macro !!!!!!!

Macro that password protects a sheet

Data Text to Columns
I have a large column and would like to split it for the literal that says "Company Name" and then have the company name right next to it which is enterable. I tried using Data/Text to Columns, Fixed Width, sliding the arrow after Company Name: and it did not seem to split the column. I also tried putting an arrow out a ways so that there looked as though there were two defined fields and that didn't seem to work either. Am I approaching this the right way??? HELP!!! Thanks! Hi this is not possible in Excel. You have to use two columns for this -- Regards Frank Kabel Fr...

vba select field

Footer Macro?
Hi Months ago I read a Public Sub Macro that read the selection of a drop down list in a combo box and placed it in the center Footer at the same time it also placed the date in the right Footer and tme in the left footer. I have searched most of the regular sites including this one and cannot find it anywhere --- Can anyone help with my search. Any help much appreciated Cheers ---- Mully ...

filtering a list by row color
Hi all, I have a data set, that I used conditional formatting on to highlight rows where there were certain values found in any of 4 columns. That works fine, but now what I want to do is filter the big list, so I can print out ONLY the rows that have been colored. I cannot see a way to do that with autofilter, does anyone else know how I could do that? Thanks Mike You won't with autofilter I am afraid. You will need to create a helper column with the CF test in it, and filter on the TRUE values. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) <michael_n...

Hidden data
Why does my chart disappear when I hide the data on the sheet? -- Brisbane Rob ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Brisbane Rob's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25096 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=528675 Hi, If the actual chartobject disappears uncheck the move and size with cells property of the chartobject. If you data just disappears then with the chart selected use the menus Tools > Options > Chart > Plot Visible cells only. Cheers Andy Brisbane Rob wr...

Importing data #4
I'm building a datbase using Filemaker Pro for Macs. I can import data from an Excel spreadsheet into the datbase pretty seamlessly. I would like to send out an excel template and have people fill in the needed data (names, phone numbers etc.) I would like to merge all this info into one excel spreadsheet and then import it into my database. My question is what is the easiest way to merge all the separate excel documents (@400) into one document. Thanks ATC18 -- ATC18 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ATC18's Profile: http://www.excelfo...

Connection Filtering #5
Hi, I have a question regarding Exchange 2003 Server Connection Filtering configuration. I have added an IP address to allow exchange 2003 server to accept email; but then I started to get spams coming from the IP address. My question is how can I only set up a particular email address from that IP address so that exchange server will allow through but not allow other emails from other addresses from this IP to come in? Please provide me a step by step on the configuration. I am fairly new and not an expert. Many Thanks ...

Retrieving Data
I have a table on one worksheet with all my data on it. eg. 'Sheet 1' Date Details Fault RestoreTime I need to autmatically extract the data (records) matching a certai criteria on 'Sheet 2'. So basically filter the data on sheet1 by criteria set on sheet2 an get it copied to sheet2 automatically. Is this possible? Thanks Davi -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Looks like Data/Filter/Advanced Filter will do just what you want. You put a criteria range into a range of cells consisting of fieldname with criteria below. Please see Exel Help under "...

Linest Poly Array using data horizontally
All of our metrics store data horizontally, meaning Months (x) are stored by column and data series (y) are stored in rows below the months... Mo: 1 -- 2 -- 3--4 -- 5 Data 31 -- 33 -- 36 -- 38 -- 39 When I apply any Order Poly Linest() array on the data set, I get errors. Tranpose the data vertically and the Linest() array works. Any advice? I expect you had something like =LINEST(B3:K3,B2:K2^{1,2}) but the comma between 1 and 2 is appropriate for vertical (columnar) data. For horizontal data (data in rows) you need a semicolon (I hope you are using an English version of XL!!) as in =...