Macro Help - Insert row/copy based on criteria

I need a macro
that will insert a number of rows
based on the number of months between a start and end date
and then copy the information in the above row to the new rows.

The records are over 8,350.. so ill also need some idea how to get it to
stop when it fills the worksheet so i can transfer those into another workbook

What version of Excel are you using?

"Katerinia" <Katerinia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I need a macro
> that will insert a number of rows
> based on the number of months between a start and end date
> and then copy the information in the above row to the new rows.
>
> The records are over 8,350.. so ill also need some idea how to get it to
> stop when it fills the worksheet so i can transfer those into another
> workbook

0
JLGWhiz
4/6/2010 8:42:45 PM
If you have xl2007 or later, you probably do not have to worry about the
number of rows, but I included a cut off just in case.

Sub standard()
Dim c As Range, rng As Range, a As Long
Dim sh As Worksheet, lr As Long
Set sh = ActiveSheet
lr = sh.Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row
Set rng = sh.Range("A2:A" & lr)
    For Each c In rng
        If Not c Is Nothing Then
        a = DateDiff("m", Range("A" & c.Row).Value, Range("B" &
c.Row).Value)
            If a > 1 Then
             c.Offset(1, 0).Resize(a, 1).EntireRow.Insert
            End If
            If c.Row >= 65520 Then
                MsgBox "Less than 16 rows available, Procedure will
teminate"
                Exit Sub
            End If
        End If
    Next
End Sub

"Katerinia" <Katerinia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I need a macro
> that will insert a number of rows
> based on the number of months between a start and end date
> and then copy the information in the above row to the new rows.
>
> The records are over 8,350.. so ill also need some idea how to get it to
> stop when it fills the worksheet so i can transfer those into another
> workbook

0
JLGWhiz
4/6/2010 9:54:31 PM
P.S.

If your start date is not in column A and your end date is not in column B
then you will need to change the column reference in this line:

   Set rng = sh.Range("A2:A" & lr)

And this line:

   a = DateDiff("m", Range("A" & c.Row).Value, Range("B" & c.Row).Value)

The code was based on the assumption that col A contains the start Date and
Col B contains the end date.  The DateDiff function requires the earlier
date to be the argument before the later date or you will get a negative
result and the code will fail.

"JLGWhiz" <JLGWhiz@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message
> If you have xl2007 or later, you probably do not have to worry about the
> number of rows, but I included a cut off just in case.
>
> Sub standard()
> Dim c As Range, rng As Range, a As Long
> Dim sh As Worksheet, lr As Long
> Set sh = ActiveSheet
> lr = sh.Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row
> Set rng = sh.Range("A2:A" & lr)
>    For Each c In rng
>        If Not c Is Nothing Then
>        a = DateDiff("m", Range("A" & c.Row).Value, Range("B" &
> c.Row).Value)
>            If a > 1 Then
>             c.Offset(1, 0).Resize(a, 1).EntireRow.Insert
>            End If
>            If c.Row >= 65520 Then
>                MsgBox "Less than 16 rows available, Procedure will
> teminate"
>                Exit Sub
>            End If
>        End If
>    Next
> End Sub
>

> "Katerinia" <Katerinia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I need a macro
>> that will insert a number of rows
>> based on the number of months between a start and end date
>> and then copy the information in the above row to the new rows.
>>
>> The records are over 8,350.. so ill also need some idea how to get it to
>> stop when it fills the worksheet so i can transfer those into another
>> workbook

0
JLGWhiz

help with formulas
hello I am designing a spreadsheet with some formulas to be self counting. I am stock for some certains formulas to creat what I would like to acheive, it is difficult to explaind just by writting. It would be easier if I could send an example of my spreadsheet by an attachment. How can I do that ? Hi don't send an attachment. Just try to explain your question in plain text or post some example rows of your data (also in plain text) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Jan" <Jan@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:B20CBBD3-F6D4-4AED-B635-DD0...

need help with an excel spreadsheet
I have an excel spreadsheet where questions are answered in one area, and the answers show up on a form in another area of the sheet that gets printed. Instead of printing, how can I either email the print area or have just the print area saved as a file? And, with a macro, can the new file be named automatically by what's in a particular cell? Thanks, Russ You don't say whether the recipient would need to edit the data. If not, there are numerous programs available (free, shareware and commercial) which enable print output to be stored as a PDF file. Another option would be to c...

Macro warning with no macros

deleting rows #4
In microsoft encell 2000 when i delete a row (say row 5) the row disapears but so does the row number then all other rows are moved up is there a way to delete the row and keep the number 5? The row number shouldn't disappear unless you are hiding the row, not deleting it -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Doctorpc631" <doctorpc631@aol.com> wrote in message news:e4FaNYV4EHA.1260@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > In microsoft encell 2000 when i delete a row (say row 5) the row > disapears > but s...

Hyperlink to a bookmark created in Word and copied to Windows Mail don't work
A bookmark created in Windows Mail along with the hyperlink to it don't work when copied to Windows Mail for e-mailing I get an error message: mid://00000174/ ...

Conditional Formula
Hello, I would like some help in evaluating the value of a cell that falls within a certain range. For example: If A2 is less than 1 and greater than 10 "TRUE" Your help is appreciated. Ed Hi Eduardo do you mean if A2 is less than 1 OR greater than 10??? if so format / conditional formatting formula is =OR($A2<1,$A2>10) or if you mean greater than 1 and less than 10 =AND($B1>1,$B1<10) Cheers JulieD "Eduardo" <Eduardo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00BD63BC-81A8-41B9-86F0-BAE57246B86C@microsoft.com... > Hello, > I would li...

Accessing a 97 database with Access 2000- HELP!
Here is my situation. I have a database that was created in Access 97. It has never been converted yet over to Access 2000. When I try to open the database, I get the usual message of "Do I want to convert the database or just open it" I choose open the database. As soon as I choose this, an error message comes up that says Record is Deleted. I found one article on the Help site that deals with this message but it refers to a networked Access 2000 database. It talks about using the Repair function. I did try the repair function on the 97 version but it did not get rid of th...

Macro

Macro

HELP !!
I have a long long column of company names ie Company a Company b Company c But some of them are duplicated ie Company a Company b Company b Company b Company c Company c Company c How can I do a count on these companies so that I'm only provided with a count of each individual company name. (rather than the duplicates as well). So the count for the list of duplicates above would be '3'. Any one help???? Regards Dave =SUM(1/COUNTIF(A1:A7,A1:A7)) This formula must be array entered - You must press ctrl+shift+enter (as opposed to just hitting enter) after inserting the...

Terminal Server based Outlook 2007 printing hieroglyphics
We are running terminal services(Server 2008 R2) with Outlook 2007 installed (SP2). No other Office components are installed. When printing emails, (all other printing is fine), the text becomes compressed and looks like hieroglyphics. 1. I have tried removing all printer drivers and re-installing the drivers with no luck. 2. I have also applied the lastest patches and Service packs to the server and Outlook. 3. I have tried using different types of drivers with each printer ie. PS, MS, PCL5e, PCL6 etc with no luck. Any help would be appreciated as users are getting very fr...

Run macro automatically.

Help with macro/and or formula?

Changing Rows to Columns
Is it possible to easily rotate a spreadsheet or part of a spreadshet, to change the data in rows to columns? Do to a sorting problem in the charts I create, it seems I have to sort the data in the spreadsheet first. Any help would be appreciated. Hi, Sure is a way. select & copy your data. then select the cell where you want to re-paste; right-click and select paste special; in the dialog box check "transpose". Ok. jeff >-----Original Message----- >Is it possible to easily rotate a spreadsheet or part of a >spreadshet, to change the data in rows to columns? D...

Attached Toolbars Macros

Copying hotbuttons from store to store?
I have 10 hotbuttons set up in one of our stores and need to copy it to 8 other stores. Is there a certain file I can copy instead of remaking them for each store? Thanks ...

Moving rows to columns #2
Hello group, I have an Excel sheet from which I need to automaticaly generate a new worktab (is that the correct translation to English?) which does some format editing. In the current sheet I have the data lay-out as follow: X A1 A2 A3 A4 A5 X B1 B2 B3 B4 B5 etc. Y C1 C2 C3 C4 C5 Y D1 D2 D3 D4 D5 etc. I need to move that to: X A1 A2 A3 A4 A5 B1 B2 B3 B4 B5 etc. Y C1 C2 C3 C4 C5 D1 D2 D3 D4 D5 etc. Is there any way to do this? I need to keep the old format for human editing, the sheet with the new format should be generated automaticaly (perhaps using a macro?)? Please help! Thank y...

Help with an update
Somebody can tell me why i cant installe update Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 Security Update for Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, and Windows Server 2008 R2 (KB953297) I tried to installe update many times but dont work . What i can do...can help me? Thank you. Copied announcement from MowGreen To: *All Windows Users* who encounter installation issues when installing Security updates for .NET Frameworks Every time there's a Security update for .NET Frameworks there is an inordinate amount of posts dealing...

Protected sheets and running macros

Lists
Okay I am new to excell bar drawing little spreadsheets to do my own financing. I am currently setting up a sheet and need the users to be able to select from a list of options only and not input thier own text - does that make sense? also i ahve 12 names on the list and one master with all on - would like the data entered on to a names list to be automatically entered onto the master or vice versa which ever is easiest. sorry if this sounds jumbled but i am totally lost and this has to look really hot for work! regards Kelly - England Hi Kerry, don't know a great deal on forms ...

Macro Freezes Reading Pane

Macro to remove rows?

Tracking Sheet help.
Sheet 3 of my workbook is a tracking sheet. In cell B8 (sheet 3) I enter the amount of time's that I've made an entry of time on sheet 2. The times I enter on sheet 2 are used to track vehicles that are passing a set location. On sheet 2 I enter the times in column D. The vehicle's I count have numbers to ID them in column F. The numbers look like 401N1501, 401N1514, 401S1516, 401S1600. The part of the number I need to associate with my count is the first four digits, 401N, 401S. Is it possible to do this? Yep, use a sumproduct function to count using the left 4 digits as...

If criteria not met use msgbox
I am very new to code. I have created macros in the past. How can I write code that would let me manipulate data. For example: I want them to enter a date that automatically puts Sunday in the cel above it (Cell C5). I have this done in a formula so far!! What I want if it's not Sunday, is a message box that pops up and say "the date you entered is not equal to Sunday, change the date. " The go back to the cell so they can enter the new date? I am sure this is basic for some. I just can't get it to work. Michael; -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Is this...

Calling on a macro within a macro!