Macro command not running in excel 2007

Hi,

My name is Nabil and i work for Hewlett Packard Middle East.. I have created
an excel file where i have made lot of formulas on excel 2003.. i have added
a macro command as well to insert a row and inherit the formulas from the
above row.. that worked fine on Excel 2003..

Now after i have refreshed my PC to Vista with Office 2007.. the Macro
command (InsetRowAndFillFormulas)is not running anymore although i have
enabled it from the Settings.. the command doesn't seem to work anymore on
Excel 2007.. I need the command and i need to enable the Macro settings

If more information is required please let me know.

Regards
Nabil

> If more information is required please let me know.

The code for your macro would be useful to see.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Nabil" <Nabil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> My name is Nabil and i work for Hewlett Packard Middle East.. I have
> created
> an excel file where i have made lot of formulas on excel 2003.. i have
> added
> a macro command as well to insert a row and inherit the formulas from the
> above row.. that worked fine on Excel 2003..
>
> Now after i have refreshed my PC to Vista with Office 2007.. the Macro
> command (InsetRowAndFillFormulas)is not running anymore although i have
> enabled it from the Settings.. the command doesn't seem to work anymore on
> Excel 2007.. I need the command and i need to enable the Macro settings
>
> If more information is required please let me know.
>
> Regards
> Nabil

0
Rick
4/15/2010 5:29:43 PM
Nabil wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My name is Nabil and i work for Hewlett Packard Middle East.. I have created
> an excel file where i have made lot of formulas on excel 2003.. i have added
> a macro command as well to insert a row and inherit the formulas from the
> above row.. that worked fine on Excel 2003..
>
> Now after i have refreshed my PC to Vista with Office 2007.. the Macro
> command (InsetRowAndFillFormulas)is not running anymore although i have
> enabled it from the Settings.. the command doesn't seem to work anymore on
> Excel 2007.. I need the command and i need to enable the Macro settings
>
> If more information is required please let me know.

Does it stop with an error or simply not run at all?

If the latter then you have somehow not enabled running macros.

If you do a toy "hello world" macro will that run?

Various things have been withdrawn or mangled in XL2007.

Regards,
Martin Brown
0
Martin

Macro warning with no macros

saving the history of recently used excel documentsto another comp
Reimaging a computer and wanting to know if I can export the excel history to the new image. Most files are on the network and not sure where they are, don't want to remap them all If you're referring to the files listed at the bottom of the File menu you'd have to run the Regedit program and go to this key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Excel\Recent Files replacing the "11.0" with your Excel version if different. Then you would have to right click on the Recent Files folder and Export it. After the reimage you would double-click the resultin...

when inserting a chart excel is saying i cannot add any new fonts
When I attempt to insert a chart i am getting a message which says,"no new fonts may be added to this workbook". I am adding it to a billing process and I did the first 100 or so before it began this doing this, I am not adding any new fonts but I am getting this message, any suggestions on what is the cause so I can overcome it? I've described the problem and fix here: Error: "No more new fonts may be applied in this workbook" http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/FixFonts.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://peltier...

Macro

2007 Calendar Popup
I'm using 2007 Access, but others at work are using 2000. They like the calendar popup for date fields. I can edit our db and use the calendar widget, but when I save it to 2000 and they use it, they don't get it. Is there a way to add that functionality without having them move to 2007? Gary Yes, Take a look at http://allenbrowne.com/ser-51.html or http://www.lebans.com/monthcalendar.htm -- Hope this helps, Daniel Pineault For Access Tips and Examples: http://www.cardaconsultants.com/en/msaccess.php If this post was helpful, please rate it by using the vote buttons. &qu...

Macro

How to Stop Worksheet_Change event from running during code execution
I'm sorry If I've asked this before but I can't find an answer to it. I have the following 2 events in a worksheet module.... Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) I run some codes, either in UserForms or general procedures that make changes to this worksheet. Q. Is there a way to by-pass those two events somehow? As an example I have a uf that comes up if a cell is selected in that sheet. So I need those worksheet_Change events to work at that point. But then, the uf does some stuff like inputing ...

Attached Toolbars Macros

Terminal Server based Outlook 2007 printing hieroglyphics
We are running terminal services(Server 2008 R2) with Outlook 2007 installed (SP2). No other Office components are installed. When printing emails, (all other printing is fine), the text becomes compressed and looks like hieroglyphics. 1. I have tried removing all printer drivers and re-installing the drivers with no luck. 2. I have also applied the lastest patches and Service packs to the server and Outlook. 3. I have tried using different types of drivers with each printer ie. PS, MS, PCL5e, PCL6 etc with no luck. Any help would be appreciated as users are getting very fr...

Run macro automatically.

Excel separator pages
When printing multiple copies of a spreadsheet if it is set to collate I get multiple separator pages 1 for each copy, if I turn off the collate option, I only get 1 separator page. Can this be adjusted in any way so I don't get multiple separator pages even when I use the default collate option?? ...

Help with macro/and or formula?

Protected sheets and running macros

Copy picture from word 2003 to word 2007
When I copy a document with a picture from 2003 to 2007 the picture ends up with what looks like a bunch of lines - horizontal. Any way to get rid of this? Your best bet would be to right click the picture in your 2003 document and save the picture to your computer. After this is completed, open Word 2007 and click insert picture. Now browse your computer and find that picture you saved. I'm surprised this happened, but I'm guessing its a compatibility issue between 2003 and 2007. "Daisy" wrote: > When I copy a document with a picture from 2003 to 2007...

VBA Command to Look at cell in an If statement
I need to create a macro in VBA that will look at a specific cell (which contains the result of a lookup formula) in an If statement. Basically it would look at a certian cell, and If that cell had the word "YES", then it would execute a seprate macro. If not, just continue on it merry way. I have tried the following and several variations: Sheets("Print Area").Select Range("BO8:BO8").Select If BO8 = YES Then Call PrintBatch What the program has to do is look at the last entry made in a specific column (hence the use of the Lookup formula in the cell) and...

Macro Freezes Reading Pane

Macro to remove rows?

Saving in 2003 Excel
I am currently taking Excel 2002 in college. The software I have loaded is 2003 but my Professor is running 2002. Can someone tell me how ot save in 2003 so the Professor can read in 2002? Hi Terry! Just save normally. You version challenged Professor will be able to open it. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available free to good homes. Same file format, no problems.. -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Terry" <our.email@fuse.net> wrote in message news:384d...

Archive command does not remove anything
We have not tried to archive since installing exchange 2003 Trying to get users in a good habit I put a warning message to tell people to start archiving to a .pst file on there local machine, It does not work for any one, this feature was fine when we used to use microsoft mail with everyones mail on their own .pst files. We click file then archive and the icon shows in the lower right corner that it is doing something but nothing leaves the inbox and no copies of messages appear in the archive folders. There are no error messages. It looks like the process has worked but nothing hap...

Calling on a macro within a macro!

shortcut keys to macros

Retain Field Format From Excel
I have an excel file that I'm importing to Access. This field consists of "time"...hours, minutes, seconds. The format in excel is set to "Custom" - [h]:mm:ss. The data elements look like 150:27:50, 2:30:25, etc... The time stays the same for some records but others change. For example...150:27:50 becomes 6:27:50 AM when imported. If someone can help me figure a way to retain the format for all records I would greatly appreciate it. Thank You, Lisa W. 150 divided by 24 = 6.25 or 6 and 1/4 days which is displayed a 6 AM. You need to use a ...

help Unable to record Macro !!!!!!!

Macro that password protects a sheet

2007 search not working with Vista with new profile
It stopped working after I deleted my mail profile and started from scratch again. Who would have guessed doing that would break the search feature? I thought maybe it was indexing, but this is even after indexing has finished. Take any word from any subject line in any message and put that same word into the search box and it doesn't find the message. Using Vista with Outlook 2007 with Exchange 2003. Also the desktop search no longer looks inside my emails. Any ideas? Is there a cheat to make Outlook 2007 use the old simple search feature we love/hate from Outlook 2003 and befor...