Loop through a range Open a file

Hello
I have a range AA3:AA:33 that contains either "yes" or "no". and a list of 
files (myfile.csv) in A3:A33  I would like to loop through the range AA3:AA33 
and if the value is yes open the coresponding file in column A.  The path to 
the file is previously determined by code to be MyPath.
Thanks
0
Utf
3/18/2010 3:11:02 PM
excel.programming 6508 articles. 2 followers. Follow

7 Replies
783 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 5

Try code like the following

Dim R As Range
For Each R In Range("AA3:AA33").Cells
    If StrComp(R.Text, "yes", vbTextCompare) = 0 Then
        Workbooks.Open Filename:=MyPath & "\" & _
            R.EntireRow.Cells(1, "A").Text
    End If
Next R


Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft Most Valuable Professional,
	Excel, 1998 - 2010
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com



On Thu, 18 Mar 2010 08:11:02 -0700, Thanks
<Thanks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hello
>I have a range AA3:AA:33 that contains either "yes" or "no". and a list of 
>files (myfile.csv) in A3:A33  I would like to loop through the range AA3:AA33 
>and if the value is yes open the coresponding file in column A.  The path to 
>the file is previously determined by code to be MyPath.
>Thanks
0
Chip
3/18/2010 3:26:08 PM
Hi,

Try this

Sub Marine()
Dim MyRange As Range
MyPath = "C:\"
Set MyRange = Range("AA3:AA33")
For Each c In MyRange
   If UCase(c.Value) = "YES" Then
   Workbooks.Open Filename:=MyPath & c.Offset(, -26).Value
   End If
Next
End Sub
-- 
Mike

When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that 
introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the 
question.


"Thanks" wrote:

> Hello
> I have a range AA3:AA:33 that contains either "yes" or "no". and a list of 
> files (myfile.csv) in A3:A33  I would like to loop through the range AA3:AA33 
> and if the value is yes open the coresponding file in column A.  The path to 
> the file is previously determined by code to be MyPath.
> Thanks
0
Utf
3/18/2010 3:48:01 PM
OK that works Thanks!  I should have included it in the original post but I 
would like to do some stuff in the file once it is open.  
The first line I have after the last line you suggested is 
Range("A:AI").Select
The stops and exits without selecting the range.

"Mike H" wrote:

> Hi,
> 
> Try this
> 
> Sub Marine()
> Dim MyRange As Range
> MyPath = "C:\"
> Set MyRange = Range("AA3:AA33")
> For Each c In MyRange
>    If UCase(c.Value) = "YES" Then
>    Workbooks.Open Filename:=MyPath & c.Offset(, -26).Value
>    End If
> Next
> End Sub
> -- 
> Mike
> 
> When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that 
> introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the 
> question.
> 
> 
> "Thanks" wrote:
> 
> > Hello
> > I have a range AA3:AA:33 that contains either "yes" or "no". and a list of 
> > files (myfile.csv) in A3:A33  I would like to loop through the range AA3:AA33 
> > and if the value is yes open the coresponding file in column A.  The path to 
> > the file is previously determined by code to be MyPath.
> > Thanks
0
Utf
3/18/2010 4:31:01 PM
Thanks Chip
I tried yours too and it does the same thing.

"Chip Pearson" wrote:

> Try code like the following
> 
> Dim R As Range
> For Each R In Range("AA3:AA33").Cells
>     If StrComp(R.Text, "yes", vbTextCompare) = 0 Then
>         Workbooks.Open Filename:=MyPath & "\" & _
>             R.EntireRow.Cells(1, "A").Text
>     End If
> Next R
> 
> 
> Cordially,
> Chip Pearson
> Microsoft Most Valuable Professional,
> 	Excel, 1998 - 2010
> Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
> www.cpearson.com
> 
> 
> 
> On Thu, 18 Mar 2010 08:11:02 -0700, Thanks
> <Thanks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> 
> >Hello
> >I have a range AA3:AA:33 that contains either "yes" or "no". and a list of 
> >files (myfile.csv) in A3:A33  I would like to loop through the range AA3:AA33 
> >and if the value is yes open the coresponding file in column A.  The path to 
> >the file is previously determined by code to be MyPath.
> >Thanks
> .
> 
0
Utf
3/18/2010 4:36:01 PM
>OK that works Thanks!  I should have included it in the original post but I 
>would like to do some stuff in the file once it is open.  

In that case, you need to set a Workbook type variable to the open
file. For example

Dim R As Range
Dim WB As Workbook

For Each R In Range("AA3:AA33").Cells
    If StrComp(R.Text, "yes", vbTextCompare) = 0 Then
        Set WB = Workbooks.Open(Filename:=MyPath & "\" & _
            R.EntireRow.Cells(1, "A").Text)
    End If
Next R


In this code, the variable WB of type Workbook is set to each workbook
as it is opend or created. Once you have the WB reference, you can do
with it what you want.

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft Most Valuable Professional,
	Excel, 1998 - 2010
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com






On Thu, 18 Mar 2010 09:31:01 -0700, Thanks
<Thanks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>OK that works Thanks!  I should have included it in the original post but I 
>would like to do some stuff in the file once it is open.  
>The first line I have after the last line you suggested is 
>Range("A:AI").Select
>The stops and exits without selecting the range.
>
>"Mike H" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> 
>> Try this
>> 
>> Sub Marine()
>> Dim MyRange As Range
>> MyPath = "C:\"
>> Set MyRange = Range("AA3:AA33")
>> For Each c In MyRange
>>    If UCase(c.Value) = "YES" Then
>>    Workbooks.Open Filename:=MyPath & c.Offset(, -26).Value
>>    End If
>> Next
>> End Sub
>> -- 
>> Mike
>> 
>> When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that 
>> introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the 
>> question.
>> 
>> 
>> "Thanks" wrote:
>> 
>> > Hello
>> > I have a range AA3:AA:33 that contains either "yes" or "no". and a list of 
>> > files (myfile.csv) in A3:A33  I would like to loop through the range AA3:AA33 
>> > and if the value is yes open the coresponding file in column A.  The path to 
>> > the file is previously determined by code to be MyPath.
>> > Thanks
0
Chip
3/18/2010 4:47:58 PM
   Dim MyPath As String
    Dim mybook As Workbook
    Dim sfolder As String
    Dim sMonth As String
    Dim sYear As String
    Dim R As Range
    Dim sPeriod As String
    
    
    
    
    
    
    With Sheets("DATA")
    sMonth = .Range("B1").Value
    sYear = .Range("A1").Value
    End With
    sPeriod = sYear & "-" & sMonth
   
    sfolder = ThisWorkbook.Path

    MyPath = "\\shares\groupdirs\0535\Portfolio Management\PM's " & sYear & 
"\" & sPeriod & "\"
         
    On Error GoTo CleanUp
    Application.ScreenUpdating = False
    For Each R In Range("AA3:AA33").Cells
    If StrComp(R.Text, "yes", vbTextCompare) = 0 Then
        Set mybook = Workbooks.Open(Filename:=MyPath & "\" & _
            R.EntireRow.Cells(1, "A").Text)
    

    
     
            Range("A1").Select
                Selection.Replace What:=Chr(160), Replacement:=Chr(32), _
                LookAt:=xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, MatchCase:=False
                On Error Resume Next
                For Each cell In Intersect(Selection, _
                Selection.SpecialCells(xlConstants, xlTextValues))
                cell.Value = Application.Trim(cell.Value)
                Next cell
            On Error GoTo 0
            
            Columns("A:J").Select
                With Selection
                .VerticalAlignment = xlBottom
                .Orientation = 0
                .AddIndent = False
                .ShrinkToFit = False
                .ReadingOrder = xlContext
                .MergeCells = False
                 End With
            Range("A3").Select
        
        
            
    End If
    Next
    
           
        Exit Sub

Im getting an excel message that says the file cannot be found.  THe path 
appears to be correct but there is no extension on the file.  It should be 
csv.




CleanUp:
    Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

"Chip Pearson" wrote:

> 
> >OK that works Thanks!  I should have included it in the original post but I 
> >would like to do some stuff in the file once it is open.  
> 
> In that case, you need to set a Workbook type variable to the open
> file. For example
> 
> Dim R As Range
> Dim WB As Workbook
> 
> For Each R In Range("AA3:AA33").Cells
>     If StrComp(R.Text, "yes", vbTextCompare) = 0 Then
>         Set WB = Workbooks.Open(Filename:=MyPath & "\" & _
>             R.EntireRow.Cells(1, "A").Text)
>     End If
> Next R
> 
> 
> In this code, the variable WB of type Workbook is set to each workbook
> as it is opend or created. Once you have the WB reference, you can do
> with it what you want.
> 
> Cordially,
> Chip Pearson
> Microsoft Most Valuable Professional,
> 	Excel, 1998 - 2010
> Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
> www.cpearson.com
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> On Thu, 18 Mar 2010 09:31:01 -0700, Thanks
> <Thanks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> 
> >OK that works Thanks!  I should have included it in the original post but I 
> >would like to do some stuff in the file once it is open.  
> >The first line I have after the last line you suggested is 
> >Range("A:AI").Select
> >The stops and exits without selecting the range.
> >
> >"Mike H" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >> 
> >> Try this
> >> 
> >> Sub Marine()
> >> Dim MyRange As Range
> >> MyPath = "C:\"
> >> Set MyRange = Range("AA3:AA33")
> >> For Each c In MyRange
> >>    If UCase(c.Value) = "YES" Then
> >>    Workbooks.Open Filename:=MyPath & c.Offset(, -26).Value
> >>    End If
> >> Next
> >> End Sub
> >> -- 
> >> Mike
> >> 
> >> When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that 
> >> introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the 
> >> question.
> >> 
> >> 
> >> "Thanks" wrote:
> >> 
> >> > Hello
> >> > I have a range AA3:AA:33 that contains either "yes" or "no". and a list of 
> >> > files (myfile.csv) in A3:A33  I would like to loop through the range AA3:AA33 
> >> > and if the value is yes open the coresponding file in column A.  The path to 
> >> > the file is previously determined by code to be MyPath.
> >> > Thanks
> .
> 
0
Utf
3/18/2010 7:00:03 PM
Do you have the Windows "Hide Extensions Of Known File Types?" option
enabled? You should not enable this. Open any folder window, go to the
Tools menu, choose Folder Options and uncheck that setting.

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft Most Valuable Professional,
	Excel, 1998 - 2010
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com



On Thu, 18 Mar 2010 12:00:03 -0700, Thanks
<Thanks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>   Dim MyPath As String
>    Dim mybook As Workbook
>    Dim sfolder As String
>    Dim sMonth As String
>    Dim sYear As String
>    Dim R As Range
>    Dim sPeriod As String
>    
>    
>    
>    
>    
>    
>    With Sheets("DATA")
>    sMonth = .Range("B1").Value
>    sYear = .Range("A1").Value
>    End With
>    sPeriod = sYear & "-" & sMonth
>   
>    sfolder = ThisWorkbook.Path
>
>    MyPath = "\\shares\groupdirs\0535\Portfolio Management\PM's " & sYear & 
>"\" & sPeriod & "\"
>         
>    On Error GoTo CleanUp
>    Application.ScreenUpdating = False
>    For Each R In Range("AA3:AA33").Cells
>    If StrComp(R.Text, "yes", vbTextCompare) = 0 Then
>        Set mybook = Workbooks.Open(Filename:=MyPath & "\" & _
>            R.EntireRow.Cells(1, "A").Text)
>    
>
>    
>     
>            Range("A1").Select
>                Selection.Replace What:=Chr(160), Replacement:=Chr(32), _
>                LookAt:=xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, MatchCase:=False
>                On Error Resume Next
>                For Each cell In Intersect(Selection, _
>                Selection.SpecialCells(xlConstants, xlTextValues))
>                cell.Value = Application.Trim(cell.Value)
>                Next cell
>            On Error GoTo 0
>            
>            Columns("A:J").Select
>                With Selection
>                .VerticalAlignment = xlBottom
>                .Orientation = 0
>                .AddIndent = False
>                .ShrinkToFit = False
>                .ReadingOrder = xlContext
>                .MergeCells = False
>                 End With
>            Range("A3").Select
>        
>        
>            
>    End If
>    Next
>    
>           
>        Exit Sub
>
>Im getting an excel message that says the file cannot be found.  THe path 
>appears to be correct but there is no extension on the file.  It should be 
>csv.
>
>
>
>
>CleanUp:
>    Application.ScreenUpdating = True
>End Sub
>
>"Chip Pearson" wrote:
>
>> 
>> >OK that works Thanks!  I should have included it in the original post but I 
>> >would like to do some stuff in the file once it is open.  
>> 
>> In that case, you need to set a Workbook type variable to the open
>> file. For example
>> 
>> Dim R As Range
>> Dim WB As Workbook
>> 
>> For Each R In Range("AA3:AA33").Cells
>>     If StrComp(R.Text, "yes", vbTextCompare) = 0 Then
>>         Set WB = Workbooks.Open(Filename:=MyPath & "\" & _
>>             R.EntireRow.Cells(1, "A").Text)
>>     End If
>> Next R
>> 
>> 
>> In this code, the variable WB of type Workbook is set to each workbook
>> as it is opend or created. Once you have the WB reference, you can do
>> with it what you want.
>> 
>> Cordially,
>> Chip Pearson
>> Microsoft Most Valuable Professional,
>> 	Excel, 1998 - 2010
>> Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
>> www.cpearson.com
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> On Thu, 18 Mar 2010 09:31:01 -0700, Thanks
>> <Thanks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>> 
>> >OK that works Thanks!  I should have included it in the original post but I 
>> >would like to do some stuff in the file once it is open.  
>> >The first line I have after the last line you suggested is 
>> >Range("A:AI").Select
>> >The stops and exits without selecting the range.
>> >
>> >"Mike H" wrote:
>> >
>> >> Hi,
>> >> 
>> >> Try this
>> >> 
>> >> Sub Marine()
>> >> Dim MyRange As Range
>> >> MyPath = "C:\"
>> >> Set MyRange = Range("AA3:AA33")
>> >> For Each c In MyRange
>> >>    If UCase(c.Value) = "YES" Then
>> >>    Workbooks.Open Filename:=MyPath & c.Offset(, -26).Value
>> >>    End If
>> >> Next
>> >> End Sub
>> >> -- 
>> >> Mike
>> >> 
>> >> When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that 
>> >> introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the 
>> >> question.
>> >> 
>> >> 
>> >> "Thanks" wrote:
>> >> 
>> >> > Hello
>> >> > I have a range AA3:AA:33 that contains either "yes" or "no". and a list of 
>> >> > files (myfile.csv) in A3:A33  I would like to loop through the range AA3:AA33 
>> >> > and if the value is yes open the coresponding file in column A.  The path to 
>> >> > the file is previously determined by code to be MyPath.
>> >> > Thanks
>> .
>> 
0
Chip
3/18/2010 9:06:51 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Moving the Exchange data and log files.
I got the paper that tells how to move the Exchange data and log files. The directory I created is D:\Exchsrvr\MDBdata. The paper says to set up a number of permissions for System, Administration and other users. However, no mention is made of the Everyone user. I decided to remove that user, but the security wizard complained that I would break inheritance rules for that folder and all progeny. So, I decided to just set Deny on all the capabilities. The security wizard than said that no user could access the folder as the Everyone deny is applied first, so I backed out of...

Delete appointments over a date range
I am using Outlook 2000. I would like to delete all appointments, at once, over a date range. Example - delete all appointments from Nov 1, 2003 to Dec 31, 2003. Any ideas would be greatful. One idea would be to change the view of calendar to a listing (in View menu), sort it by date (click on Start column head) and then it is easy to highlight the range you want to delete. Then press <delete>!. Roger "Mike" <mmoore@hspca.com> wrote in message news:0b5501c36751$57d2cab0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I am using Outlook 2000. I would like to delete all > appointmen...

My "Do While...Loop" wont loop and delete the spaces between my digits.
I am trying to eliminate the spaces between digits in Australian Business Numbers which have the format "NN NNN NNN NNN" to produce an eleven digit number with no spaces. I have written a function to do this that appears to work. I now want to call this function from a subroutine to change about 3000 numbers. The subroutine is causing me headaches. Here is my space-eliminating function: Function RemoveSpaces(CellContents As String) As String Do While InStr(1, CellContents, " ") > 0 CellContents = Replace(CellContents, " ", "") Loop Re...

Outlook doesn't open anymore......??
I have a HP PC running XP home edition. It came with Outlook Express Ver. 6.0. It worked fine up until recently. When I click on it/or right click and hit open....it will not open. The changes I made were going from DSL service back to a dial-up. Also when I right click it has an option "run as"... This ask me which user account do I want to use to run this program - current user or the following user(which shows owner and I'm suppose to put in a password). Does anyone know what cause this and more importantly ,how to fix it???? This newsgroup is for support of Outloo...

Doing a countif against a substring of the range to be scanned
I need to see how many cells in a particular range have a substring that matches the text against which I'm searching. So, for example, I've tried the following formula: COUNTIF(left(B2:B292,10),"="&left(cell("contents",P242),10)) I knew that this wouldn't work, but I was hoping that being able to evaluate the formula might lead me in the right direction. Excel won't accept the formula at all, though, so no chance to evaluate. I also tried this formula, which does let me evaluate: =COUNTIFS(B1:B292,"="&LEFT(P242,10)) ...

File locked error when running eseutil
Small client - two people sharing a calendar. They had a power outage and the Information Store is corrupted. No backup. Unable to mount the Information Store databases. Trying to use eseutil to recover from a "dirty shutdown". When using the eseutil command with /r I get a 1032 "file locked" error. I have tried going into services and stopping all Microsoft Exchange services and I still get the error. Even tried using MSConfig to turn off all services and rebooted, but still getting the 1032 error. No antivirus software installed. How do I get the log files a...

macro embedded in an xml file
Hi, just wondering if anyone knows if you can embedd a macro in an xml file? I have an xml file that I create with a .net web application and it opens with Excel, but would be nice to attatch a macro to it as well. Thanks. -- Paul G Software engineer. Paul wrote: > Hi, just wondering if anyone knows if you can embedd a macro in an > xml file? XML isn't a programming language, so it can't have macros in the sense that you mean them. See http://xml.silmaril.ie/authors/execute/ Some processors (including browsers) may react to special features like Processing Instructions to...

How can I check if an e-mail has been opened?
I would like to track the e-mails not opened when I do a mass mailing. Is there a way to track that in Publisher? No. You can't do that reliably in any application because there are many email programs. Even if they are using Outlook, you can tell your system to never send out a read receipt. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Jill" <Jill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:71242736-B9A4-46EE-96E8-2D13CB0E4DD5@microsoft.com... >I would like to track the e-mails...

Outlook will not open #8
Please help me. When I attempt to open Outlook, I get two error messages. First it says that an extension file will not initialize (extend.dat) It does not exist on my system. When I close that error message the next one appears. Unable to open default email folders. Access is denied You do not have permission required to access outlook.pst. This file does not exist on my sytem either. Thank you. Bob Bob Zenuch wrote: > Please help me. When I attempt to open Outlook, I get two error > messages. > > First it says that an extension file will not initialize > (ext...

Can file arrival trigger message to start app. program??
Hi, I've debated where to post this and have decided to start here. I didn't see a "general discussions" group. If there's a better group - let me know. The OS is Windows Server 2003 latest packs. The apps are written in VC++. Shortly the will undergo the "conversion" to .NET 2005 from VS6. Future apps may be written in C#. At this point I am thinking conceptually, not exact technical, i.e is this even possible? The question: Is there a way for a file's arrival on a drive share to trigger a message to another server to start up an application to ...

Updatig the Next Consecutive Empty Cell in a Range
I am tracking a bank account balance and would like that whenever a new value is entered in cell c3, it updates the next consecutive empty cell in range c5:c200. Please advise how I can write the formula, function or macro. Thanks Sony You need event code to do what you want. Try this... right click the tab at the bottom of the worksheet where you want this functionality, select "View Code" from the popup menu that appears and copy/paste the following into the code window that appears... Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim LastRow As Long ...

File location changes after saving file
I'm reposting here at the suggestion of a Windows 7 forum moderator who thought my situation a problem with Word not Windows: When working on projects, I group together relevant files in areas of my desktop. However, with Word 2007 on Windows 7 (as opposed to Word and Windows 2000), when I save a file that's on the desktop, the file location that was the docx file becomes the wbk file and the docx file is put in the first open slot in the rank of files on the left-hand of the desktop. Thus, if <file.docx> was in the upper right quadrant, after saving the newer ...

can you edit a print shop file in publisher?
Is the print shop software compatible with MS Publisher. No, it is not compatible. You could export your printshop item as an image and insert that image into Publisher, but you will only be able to edit the image as an image, you won't be able to edit text, etc. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Tthomas" <Tthomas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:96D872CD-E940-4891-86F9-23F0E21CC8F2@microsoft.com... > Is the print shop softwa...

CreateFile for opening a file
Hello! I'm trying to use CreateFile to open a file for reading *without* locking it! Since English isn't my native tongue I don't get the documentation of the dwShareMode. What should I set dwShareMode to that will not lock the file? // Anders -- This is what I have today, which don't work! hfile = CreateFile ( m_szFilename, GENERIC_READ, FILE_SHARE_READ, NULL, OPEN_EXISTING, FILE_ATTRIBUTE_NORMAL, NULL ); Anders Eriksson wrote: > I'm trying to use CreateFile to open a file for reading *without* > locking it! Since English isn't ...

Repost: Loop through files
I posted this earlier, but it never made it to the screen so I'm reposting - hope it doesn't duplicate the earlier one. I need to loop through all currently open workbooks and display a message box that tells me the file name and whether or not the workbook is visible. Your example code is what I need. Thanks in advance for your assistance. Hi, Sub ShowThem() Dim oBook As Workbook For Each oBook In Workbooks MsgBox "Book " & vbNewLine & oBook.FullName _ & vbNewLine & "is " & _ IIf(oBook.Windows(1).Visible...

Large excel file is very slow
We have a few excel files. These files are about 25 Mb each. When we want to open a file, it takes about 3 minutes to open it. When we want to save these files it takes about 5 minutes. We try different files on different pc's. So it's not the fil itselves. Does anyone have a solution or explanation for this. Thx GT -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Check out this site's You can use Rob Bovey's Code cleaner to clean up your code http://www.appspro.com/utilities/utilities.asp Opening/Saving Bottlenecks (Charles Williams) http://www.decisionmodels.com/op...

Date Range #2
Hi, Can someone please assist me with the following issue: I am currently using the formula noted below to direct another application ( Bloomberg ) to select prices from the previous 6th business day. My question is> Is there any way to revise the formula to exclude US holidays for successive years (i.e. for 2005, 2006...) without having to manually change the date entries each year, in the formula? =WORKDAY(Today(),-6, {"5/31/04","7/5/04","9/6/04","11/25/04","12/25/04","1/1/05" }) Thank you I'd recommend listing...

Make Excel upload files via FTP??
A few days ago I asked about creating files from a Excel worksheet that can be shared online. Someone suggested this VBA: http://www.meadinkent.co.uk/xladvhtml.htm I've been trying this and it works. Now I want to get Excel to run the VBA-code every time the file is closed, AND (and now comes the tricky part), to upload the created html-files to a FTP account. Every time the file is closed the macro "make_htm" should run, and get the files got created upload from the local folder, to a FTP account. Is this possible?? ...

Loop?
I really am having a bad week... I have a workbook with two sheets; 'main' & 'not complete'. On the main sheet I have 10 columns of data, row 2 to 20 (More rows can be added so may be more). What I need to do is: for each row, if column I = 1 and J = "" then I need to copy some of the data from that row (column A,B,F & G) to the sheet called 'not complete'. the cell in column J will then be changed to 1. Repeat for each row making sure the sheet called 'not complete' does not have any blank rows. Hope that makes sense a...

clear the list og "open other users folder"
Hi When you use the open an other user folder, it could be a calendar, the persons name and folder is put into a list under the menu File/Open. I would like to clear that numbered list of folders, does anyone know how to do that? thanks, Rikke ...

delete log files
have a filled up drive- no need for logfiles in this instance circumstance would allow circular logging for next few months, before setting though, need to reclaim space on hdd. how to tell which logfiles I can delete and not hose the db? In news:14ABD827-B264-4626-8970-20E5578A4053@microsoft.com, AlexandrDiogenes@hotmail.com <AlexandrDiogeneshotmailcom@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > have a filled up drive- no need for logfiles in this instance > circumstance would allow circular logging for next few months, before > setting though, need to reclaim space on hdd. how ...

Re: Where should be the best place to stored Applcation Data Files?
"Giovanni Dicanio" <gdicanio@_NOSPAM_email_DOT_it> ha scritto nel messaggio news:... > BTW: this post by John Robbins is very interesting reading: > http://www.wintellect.com/CS/blogs/jrobbins/default.aspx copy-and-pasto - the correct link is this: http://www.wintellect.com/CS/blogs/jrobbins/archive/2008/07/10/in-defense-of-vista-and-the-challenges-facing-windows-7.aspx Giovanni And then there's this Vista security discussion from last Friday (cool date, 8/8/8): http://it.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=08/08/08/1155208 -GB On Fri, 8 Aug 2008 18:50:23 +0200, ...

How do I set end-of-range to #rows from beginning
Specifically, I am creating a chart that will have a breadth (# data points) based on a variable (value of a cell). Start point is always the same. For instance, a table is created based on a formula. The chart should stop when values in the table reach a certain value, but this could be 20 or 200 datapoints (20-200 rows). I know how many datapoints should be included, but not how to terminate the graph based on this number. I would prefer to do this without VBA, as I am not particularly proficient, but will if the only way. Hi, It would be nice to see some sample data, with a...

PivotTable
Hi, I was wondering if there was any way to get a range or multiple dates when you filter using a pivottable. As it is right now, There is "All", "Blank" and each individual date but not the ability to pick multiple dates or a date range (12/1 - 12/31) I currently am running the spreadsheet from Microsoft Office XP 1. Make sure the dates are excel dates (numeric) then after applying the pivot right click a date in the pivot table and select group, then group by day AND month -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Z" <arthursdomain@gmail.com> wrote in message news...

Loop/Repeat Code
A2007 I need to run code while the record is displayed on a form, and must run this for all records. I have on the Click event of a button on the form: DoCmd.GoToRecord , "", acFirst Call MyFunction It is MyFunction I need help with: DoCmd 'Run some code and queries' DoCmd.GoToRecord , "", acNext Need help here to repeat/loop until the last record. Thanks in advance. ...