lookup drop down

I am making a invoice sheet. With materials on two or more sheets. Materials
are plumbing supplies like 2" ABS 90 and 2" ABS coupling with prices the
materials, size, type will all be different. I would like to have 3 or more
drop downs to pick material, size, and type to get to price. I have looked at
vlookup, validation, and dependent drop downs. But I can't figure out what is
the best and how to pull info from more than 2 drop downs
Thank Roy

Hi Roy,

I have a workbook example that pretty much does that.  Would of course need
to be adjusted to your data layout and such.

If you want, send me an email to lhkittle@comcast.net and I will forward you
the example.

Regards,
Howard

"Roy the plumber" <Roy the plumber@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:07ACE32F-779B-4BAE-B8FB-B74CCE8F89DB@microsoft.com...
>I am making a invoice sheet. With materials on two or more sheets.
>Materials
> are plumbing supplies like 2" ABS 90 and 2" ABS coupling with prices the
> materials, size, type will all be different. I would like to have 3 or
> more
> drop downs to pick material, size, and type to get to price. I have looked
> at
> vlookup, validation, and dependent drop downs. But I can't figure out what
> is
> the best and how to pull info from more than 2 drop downs
> Thank Roy

validation list drop down box, how do I bring in text commands
I have a reference set in excel that is two columns. The first column lists functions in text (i.e. AVERAGE, COUNT, COUNTA, MAX, MIN....). The second column lists the corresponding function number (i.e. AVG = 1, COUNT =2....). I made a drop down box using data, validation, list so that the function numbers appear in a row. The row below I put in subtotal(grab command from drop down, data set to calc). I can't figure out how to return the TEXT from my columns above, rather than function number. I want my drop down to have AVERAGE, not 1. Hi Scott, Debra Dalgleish has pages ...

Table relationships and lookups
Hi guys, I may be a little over my head, I've had some experience in creating simple access db's. however this one will be extremely complicated as far as I can tell. Some backround info - i've got an excel spreadsheet currently that i would like to convert to Access. The spreadsheet does multiple lookups and calucations. This is for a Soccer club that i run to maintain roster information, dollars, scheduling and stats. I'm currently working on the scheduling pience. Here's what I have so far. tables. Club - Lists the teams in the club, home field name and ...

Invoice lookup by paid check number
I frequently have vendors call me asking for information about what invoices were paid by a check number. Is ther an easy way to look this information up? -- Rodger You could go to Inquiry>Purchasing>Transactions by Document, put your check number in the 'from' and 'to' fields. Once the document is displayed in the scrolling window zoom back on the 'Unapplied Amount' field. Viola! the documents paid by the selected payment are listed. Unfortunately there isn't a print icon on this inquiry window, but I think it's the information you wanted. &quo...

Lookup
Q103 Q102 Q202 Q302 Q402 Q103 Q203 How can I lookup the Q103 in the row above and then have it pull the number to the right one cell (Q203)? thanks If I understand correctly =INDEX(A2:F2,MATCH(A1,A2:F2,0)+1) where q103 is in a1 and q102-q203 is in a2-f2 Lance >-----Original Message----- >Q103 > > >Q102 Q202 Q302 Q402 Q103 Q203 > > >How can I lookup the Q103 in the row above and then have >it pull the number to the right one cell (Q203)? thanks >. > matt wrote: > Q103 > > > Q102 Q202 Q302 Q402 Q...

Help with LOOKUP function
This function is in a workbook with 2 sheets. It _almost_ works perfectly. These "C" columns in two different sheets '2005-2006'!C:C,'2004-2005'!C:C, contain names of people. The D column in one of the sheets - '2004-2005'!D:D - contains a date associated with the person's name from the C column of 2004-2005 sheet. This formula is in the "D" column of Sheet 2005-2006. =LOOKUP('2005-2006'!C:C,'2004-2005'!C:C,'2004-2005'!D:D) The concept is for the formula to lookup the value (person's name) in column C of 2005-2006 a...

A Lookup function does not work
Hi, This is my first posting. I am using Exel 2000. I have 2 separate spreadsheets that have some similar columns but not all of the data in the similar columns is the same. What I want to do is take column A in spreadsheet#1 and find this same value in Column B in Spreadsheet#2 and then insert into column 3 in spreadsheet #1 a value from a different column in spreasheet #2 that corresponds to the row in which the value was looked up in Column B in spreadsheet#2. What I am doing is comparing 2 different inventory files that have stock codes in columns and quantities in another column, but n...

return cell reference in a table based upon given lookup criteria
Is there a way to return the cell reference, or column/row coordinates, of a cell within an array or table by providing lookup criteria? Perhaps something like this: For a table of value in A1:E10 F1: (the value to find) G1: =ADDRESS(MAX((A1:E10=F1)*ROW(A1:E10)),MAX((A1:E10=F1)*COLUMN(A1:E10))) Note: Commit that array formula by holding down the [Ctrl][Shift] keys and press [Enter]. That formula returns the address of the 1st cell containing the value in F1, or #VALUE! if there is no match. Am I on the right track here? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP-Pro "Travis" ...

Advanced Lookups
Is there any way to make an advanced lookup the default lookup? so you don't have to always choose that option when doing a lookup? Thanks for any help. Tracey D Advanced lookups ARE the default unless you've done something to make it now so. There isn't any way to "choose" the option when doing a lookup that I know of unless you have some type of customization (easy to do) that would give the user an option. patrick dev support -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Tracey D" <...

Calling employee lookup from button through VBA code
Dear All, Can anyone show me how to call an existing GP employee lookup from a button of a modified form through VBA code. Thanks in advance. -- Developer Hi, If I'm understanding the question - you need to add the lookup button to your project and make sure your project provides that it runs on the modified form. Leslie "Dexdev" wrote: > Dear All, > > Can anyone show me how to call an existing GP employee lookup from a button > of a modified form through VBA code. > > > Thanks in advance. > > -- > Developer Hello Dexdev As per...

Vendor Lookup
One doing the vendor lookup - one user sees the 'show details' information upon lookup; other user sees the vendor list and needs to clik on the show details - how do you get the show details window to be the default option you see. Thansk! Check for full stops/periods/dots on the window title bar before or after the window name. It is possible to use VBA or modifier to open the details automatically. David Musgrave [MSFT] Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions) http://www...

Drop Down Filter
Hi, I have data that I input in from Column A to F [cells 1- 50]. In column G I have the total of these rows. How can I produce a custom filter on column G that works from a drop down that will show 3 things - <500, 500-999 and more than 999? The cells with numbers not required will remain there but will not show any value. I can do it via custom filter but have to set it every time and it does not allow more than 2 filters. Thanks as usual, Bob. You could insert another column into the table. For example, in cell H1, enter the heading: Group In cell H2, enter the formula: ...

Filter message by reverse domain lookup
Hello all, I am kinda new to Exchange and was wondering if there was a function built into Exchange 2000 that would "look" at the source domain of the email message and then perform a "reverse" DNS lookup to verify that the domain actually exists and if it doesn't then have Exchange discard the email without sending an NDR? Is this possible strait out of the box? It seems like I remember iMail gateway having this feature. I am trying to filter out some of the spam that fills up my users inboxes. Thanks in advance. Jeremy jsteger@bellsouth.net (Jeremy Steger) wrote...

Drop down text to permanent text?
Can the results of a query with drop down boxes only show the text and not show it was a drop down with other names? e.g. Dealer name: XYZ and not be able to change from the drop down box to ABC ...

Lookup #4
I am trying to label my bank info that I import into Excel. I have a column with the charge amount and a column with the recipient. I think a lookup table would work for this, but I need to have it check for wildcards. For example, the grocery chain is numbered here, so one might be GROCER 5454 and one may be GROCER 8724, so I need the function to look for GROCER*, right? Also, if it does not fit any category, how can I get it to use "Other"? Do I make that one just "*"? Mine is not working very well. Maybe my syntax is wrong. Any ideas? TIA Is there anyway you can st...

Can you change the default lookup from Account to Contact?
Is it possible to set the lookup for a customer field to default on "contacts" rather then "accounts?" We do more business with contacts so it is a pain to have to change this all the time. there is no supported way to do this in the current release -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx "Martin Flaherty" <mflaherty@techpg.com> wrote in message news:ucdNM74uEHA.3416@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Is it possible to set the lookup for a customer field to default on > "contac...

Formula to lookup named reference based on value
I cant' figure out what the exact words that I'm looking for and if I did I would most likely find the answer. I've got a spreadsheet that has a series of numbers in say column A and it has the numbers 1,2,3,4,5 Further on in the spreadsheet I have named values like CA.1, CA.2, CA. 3 What I want to do is in the formula go: =(X1/SUM(X:X,X,X:X)*CA.2) (for the named range CA.2) Is it possible to have something that goes.... =(X1/SUM(X:X,X,X:X)*"CA"&B4) where B4 = 2 Thus the outcome would be CA.2 ????? =(X1/SUM(X:X,X,X:X)*INDIRECT("CA"&B4)) -- Kind...

lookup drop down
I am making a invoice sheet. With materials on two or more sheets. Materials are plumbing supplies like 2" ABS 90 and 2" ABS coupling with prices the materials, size, type will all be different. I would like to have 3 or more drop downs to pick material, size, and type to get to price. I have looked at vlookup, validation, and dependent drop downs. But I can't figure out what is the best and how to pull info from more than 2 drop downs Thank Roy Hi Roy, I have a workbook example that pretty much does that. Would of course need to be adjusted to your data layout...

Lookup
i am using excel 2 calculate the amount of bonus that an employee i entitled to. i do not know what function to use (i have been told 2 us v lookup but i do not know how 2 go about it). the exact problem is this: there is a basic wage and on top of that an employee gets paid a bonus this bonus is calculated by how many sales r made. the table of th bonuses r given (below): Commission on Qtrly Sales Sales per Qtr Percentage �200,000 and under 0.50 �300,000 and under 0.75 �400,000 and under ...

How to direct user to enter certain cells from drop down list?
How do i direct the user to enter certain cells after a certain data from a drop down list is chosen? I want to make it such that unless the respective option in the drop down list is chosen, the user cannot enter in the corresponding cells. Thank you. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to creating financial statements this might be easier to do using VBA, via textboxes versus cells. i this...

Help with Validation (drop-down list)
I would like to be to choose a city from a drop-down list, and then populate adjacent fields with the address, phone number, account number, etc, associated with that city . Is this easily done? For example - I chose Atlanta from a drop-down list and put Atlanta into D1. I would then like the street address, zip, code, etc. put automatically into D2, D3, ... Thaks for any help!!! Hi use a combination of 'Data - Validation - List' and VLOOKUP. See the following sites: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/vlookup.htm -- Regards Frank Ka...

Multiple Lookup values in a query
Hello, I am trying to build a query that will allow me to search by a record I select from a form using a combo box. I want to be able to make one selection from several different options and have it apply to that using only one query. Example: I will have a query about cars, where you can select by make or model or color. You only need to select by color, and the results will come up. Is there a way to do this with a single filter query, or do I have to build a seperate qury for each? In other words, can I put an if/then that will say if the combo box is nill, slect all records for tha...

Lookup functions-V lookup
Hi, can some one help me with below: I have a huge data in excel work book 2003 approx 25000 rows, For example 1: ID CODE Balance Type Value Month Year 789126 AXY ACB $ 20 Jan 2009 789126 Tyx ACB $ 30 Jan 2009 789126 ANC ACB $ 30 Jan 2009 789127 AXY ACB $ 30 Jan 2...

Customer Address in Lookup Window
Please add the customer street address to the customer lookup window. This is more useful than the Company field for most retailers. Or make the grid configurable so the retailer can select the fields and field order. Default sorting options would be helpful also such as having the list sort default to last name and then first name. Depending on your business, Company might be more useful than Address. I would love to see a configurable Customer lookup screen, and the same for Items. I think basically the rule you are after is one whereby you get to chose the fields you need on the...

drop down list 05-24-10
hi all, i am currently trying to create a worksheet which would have a drop down list containing descriptions from the description column (i.e. 1,2,3,4...10). description C2 C3 C4 1 a b c 2 d e f 3 g h i 4 j k l 5 m n o 6 p q r 7 s t u 9 v w x 10 y z 0 when i used validation for this excercise, it provides the drop down list which is good. The issue what i am facing is that when i select the value (eg.2) i want it to filter out all other values in that row and just show the values related to 'Description 2' which should be displayed in their own ...

drop down cell / combobox in Pocket Excel
I have an excel spreadsheet used to gather survey data. In the desktop version many of the possible responses are in drop down selection boxes. Upon moving to Pocket Excel this functionality disappears. Is there a way to recover it. PDA environment is a dell PDA running WinCE Pocket Excel does not support drop-down selection boxes. As a replacement, try my program SpreadCE, available from: http://www.byedesign.freeserve.co.uk/ You will need to turn off the Excel -> Pocket Excel conversion in ActiveSync. "JimH" <HamJim@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:053d01c38f80...