According to the Excel online help, the PivotCache.Connection property can be
set to "the path to and file name of a text file". I tried setting it to the
path and file name of a .csv file and it returned an error. Is there a way to
load a PivotCache directly from a flat file without having to load into a
spreadsheet or database? (The flat file has more than 1 million rows.)
--
Tom Sherwood

how do I change a pdf file to a word document
I need to change a pdf file to a word doc so i can use it to cut and paste the graphs in the pdf for a power point presentation open the pdf , select text, copy and past into word "cindysully" <cindysully@discussions.microsoft.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:69374F19-8B7B-4F0D-89DE-26699A6FC347@microsoft.com... >I need to change a pdf file to a word doc so i can use it to cut and paste > the graphs in the pdf for a power point presentation The whole point of PDF is that it is not an editable format. If you have the full version of Acrobat and not mer...

Interface with ING Direct
I am trying to add online setup with ING Direct. I do not see ING Direct in the list of Banks, however, I do see, ING Direct (Canada). Please help me in configuring the same. Thnx In microsoft.public.money, Gundu wrote: >I am trying to add online setup with ING Direct. I do not see ING Direct in >the list of Banks, however, I do see, ING Direct (Canada). > >Please help me in configuring the same. If they are not on the list, choose that they are not on the list. http://home.ingdirect.com/faqs/money_msn_webconnect.html may be a bit old, but implies you will be able to do O...

The File As field is empty, do you want to save this file. Outlo.
I created a contact folder with my own field names. After entering the data I want when I move to the next row of data I get this error message, "The File As field is empty. You may have not entered a name or company. Do you want to save this contact with an empty File As field?" How do I correct this error? Thanks -- Terry It's a warning, not an error. Sounds like you need to set up your data entry view so you can enter the Full Name or Company, which Outlook will automatically use to generate a File As name. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Out...

Help: My bank is cancelling direct pay via MS Money
Later this week, my bank (www.1sttech.com) is going to stop supporting direct payment from MS Money. I can still pay bills via the bank website, and dowload transactions into money, but I won't be able to just enter new checks into money and have them be transmitted up. This is a huge pain and I'm going to switch banks. Can anyone recommend a seattle area bank that supports direct bill payment? I checked the list here: http://www.microsoft.com/money/online/FIList.asp?FIList=5 but was hoping that someone could recommend a good one. thanks, -jay It's also somewhat iro...

This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000F_01CA7D92.03F9F310 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi there, I get "loading network card information ...error provider load failure" = when I go and use systeminfo.exe . How can I fix this? Thanks, Gordon ------=_NextPart_000_000F_01CA7D92.03F9F310 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN&qu...

Find value within a text string
So maybe this question will be a little harder... I need to find a date that is in a text string. The cell is an automatic update from the internet that always looks like this: Daily Settlements for Soybean Futures (FINAL)Trade Date: 08/13/2009. Sometimes the word final will be preliminary. I need a cell that returns the 08/13/2009 part. Thanks for your help! Well, if it always at the end of the string you can use RIGHT: =3DRIGHT(A1,10) This will give you a text value, but if you want it as a date just do: =3D--RIGHT(A1,10) or: =3DVALUE(RIGHT(A1,10)) and format the cell as a date...

SOS,how to load a invalid or damaged .gif file to create Image Object.
hi everyone. my question is this:how to load a .gif image file that is invalid or damaged image format? Notice,I want to load the invalid damaged image file to operate it. my code is below,but all of they are not correct. -------- 1.Image.FromFile(fileName);load from a file directly,it throws a OutOfMemoryException.In msdn,it's mean the file is a invalid image format. 2.Image.FromStream(stream);load from stream,it throws a ArgumentException. -------- ps:IE and Google Picasa can load and display the damaged .gif file correct. Or there is any other methods to operate the i...

Can you highlight text in Publisher 2007 (like you can in Word)?
When using Word, you can highlight text. Can this be done in Publisher 2007? If so, how? Create a fat line, send it to the back. Or a rectangle, fill with a color, no line, send to the back. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Beach Lover" <BeachLover@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2021DDC7-80B5-4AB7-BAF0-4FDD27FB8EA0@microsoft.com... > When using Word, you can highlight text. Can this be done in Publisher 2007? > If so, how? This work around is great.....THANKS! "Ma...

OWA (Not Loading)
Does anyone know of any issues with Satellite Service and the right side of OWA not loading. The left side loads but the user cannot see anything on the right. OWA works from any other connection. Thanks, KG ...

File properties shortcut key
Hi Is there some key combination that enables the user to quickly jump to file properties in excel 2007. Kind regards IgorM hi for your question's answer maybe look at this link, http://www.createthefuture.com/Excel_tech_tips "IgorM" wrote: > Hi > > Is there some key combination that enables the user to quickly jump to file > properties in excel 2007. > > Kind regards > > IgorM > > > ASAP utilities have nice macro that shows you all the info about the file. And it is free for home use! http://www.asap-utilities.com/ Shows...

Toolbar Text
I'm currently using CToolBar with the TBSTYLE_LIST|TBSTYLE_WRAPABLE style bits. Is there any way to make the text appear under the image instead of to the right? Thanks for any help. Dave ...

Importing older .pst file into Outlook 2003?
I am getting an error message "file not personal folders file" when trying to import a .pst file that was created in version 2000 into Outlook 2003. Tried converting non-Unicode to Unicode but that did not work. Need help please. First: importing is never the correct way to transfer Outlook data.You just open the PST file in Outlook and either copy what you need from it or configure it as your default data file. Second: Post some useful information. Basic information would include how you created and transferred this PST file. "Tried converting from non-Unicode to Unico...

Filling range of cells with alpha-numeric text
I need an easy way to create a large number of cells with alpha-numeric text labels such as perfa, perfb, perfc, perfd,... perfm, etc., timea, timeb, timec, ... etc. This works with numeric series (perf1, perf2, etc.), and I thought Excel would allow me to fill down a series and it would simply follow the seemingly obvious pattern. (I could swear that previous versions did this - I am currently using Excel 97 on a WinXP PC). If I start with the first few entries and fill down, I just get multiple copies of the same 2 or 3 cells that I started the fill with. Does anyone know how t...

personal files lost during crash
My Outlook crashed Friday. I managed to reopen with brand new (empty) Inbox/Sent/Outbox/Contacts etc. I also ran the Inbox Repair tool, which did not work (an error message popped up after 4 of 8 phases saying could not complete scan). I would like to retrieve my old folders, emails, calendar items, contacts if possible. Can anyone tell me the process to do this? Thank you. >I also ran the >Inbox Repair tool, which did not work (an error message >popped up after 4 of 8 phases saying could not complete >scan). If the Inbox Repait Tool can't make sense out of the old PST,...

docx files have words merged together
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel Recently switched to Office 2008 from 2004. Files that I save in docx on the Mac have words randomly merged together (example, "what if" might become "whatif") when opened in Office 2007 on a PC or in other programs on the Mac (Open Office, for example) but not when opened in 2008. This problem does not happen when I save the same file as a doc. The whole reason I upgraded from 2004 was so I'd be compatible with new document format so this is very frustrating. Has anyone else seen this problem, or...

Why Excel file doesn't open by double click.
Excel files that are stored in my HD doesn't open by double click. It just open Excel program but do not open the file. Pls note, I can open any excel file from File Menu, then Opne. But can't opne it by double click. Using Windows XP with Office XP / Excell 2002. Pls suggest me what to do. Thanks. Hi Siraj Tools>Options>General uncheck "Ignore other Applications" Exit Excel and try again If this doesn't work try to re-register Excel Close Excel first and On the Windows Taskbar 1 ) Start>Run "excel.exe /unregserver"(no quotes)>OK. 2) Start...

Error loading CRM 3.0 Client with Outlook
I receive error message "An error occurred loading Microsoft CRM Functionality" when starting Outlook with CRM 3.0 client installed. I have uninstalled CRM, Office, and cleaned the register using Register Mechanic. I am now getting the same error with an event error "A problem occurred initializing Microsoft CRM COM interopt". Anyone have any ideas? Thanks. I have the exact same issue has anyone found a solution to this? I am running all avialable updates on both Office 2003 and XP Pro, I DO NOT have the Business Contact Manager for Outlook installed. "rtop...

concatenated text to formula
I have concatenated a number of cells to make a formula that I will update data on a weekly basis. Unfortunately, the formula is in text currently, as noted below: '=CONCATENATE(Q5,R5,S5,V5,Q5,P5,N5,W5,N5,O5,T5) When I try to replace the ' it does not find it. I presume this is because it is currently text. Formating the column as either General or Number does not seem to work. Conversely, if I enter the cells and back space over the ' , it works fine. And this is what it looks like when I copy it over into it's destination cell before deleting the ' ...

Can we use Shell to write file properties
Just to follow through on a previous post "How to get the File Properties", is there a way to write these properties using Shell? I'm looking for a way to do this without having to use an external component such as DsoFile.dll or dwProp.dll. Any suggestions are appreciated! -- Garry Free usenet access at http://www.eternal-september.org ClassicVB Users Regroup! comp.lang.basic.visual.misc On Thu, 19 Aug 2010 10:22:28 -0400, GS <gesansom@netscape.net> wrote: >Just to follow through on a previous post "How to get the File >Properties&qu...

rss feeds directly into public folders
Does anyone know of any sort of tool or add-on that I could use to pull RSS feeds directly into e2k3 public folders for all to see? TIA, Jeremy Jeremy, While I have used neither of the following, I found them promising. Please check them out: http://www.ingorammer.com/Software/OutBlog/ http://www.hanselman.com/blog/PermaLink.aspx?guid=212 Regards -- Nagendra Sitharamaiah MCSE, CCNA, MCT, CISSP Microsoft Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and co...

Conditional Formatting
I would like to be able to add conditional formating when a cell has a value greater or less than "0". For example: I have a number in cell P2. I want P3 to say the words "Great Job" if the number in P2 is greater than 1%. Everything that I try with conditional formatting limits me to the cell that contains the value and does not allow me to manipulate the adjacent cell. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you, Mark How a bout a formula in P3 =IF(P2>1%,"Great Job","") No CF involved. -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from email add...

Code doesn't work after changing MRN field to text
In my table, tblPtDemograhpics, I changed the MRN (Medical Record Number) field to txt in the table where the MRN resides. Originally it was a number field. But then I implemented a check sum routine on MRN and it doesn't work w/o the MRN being text as some of the MRN's have leading zeros. Now I can't get the form to load a new patient. Think it's my syntax in the, stLinkCriteria = "[MRN]=" & Me![MRN] piece of the code. I'm probably now refering to MRN correctly, this was the way it was set up when MRN was a number field, and it worked then. If somebody c...

Automatic, conditional chart creation from separate files [Excel 2007]
I have a number of separate files (Excel 2007). Each file contains several sheets with test results of a few students. The students (the same, all the time) are evaluated each month using the same test, and each month a new sheet is created for each of them. For example: Workbook 1: Worksheet A (John), Worksheet B (Jennifer), Worksheet C (Anna) Workbook 2 (a month later): Worksheet A (Jennifer), Worksheet B (John), Worksheet C (Anna) I`d like to create a separate file with charts depicting the mean results for each student. The chart would retrieve data automatically from every file s...

loading web application project suddonly takes 5 mintues and says "Contacting server to open Web project.." wile it takes 5 minutes to load. how to fix? i tried reregistering asp.net and iisreset. no
loading web application project suddonly takes 5 mintues and says "Contacting server to open Web project.." wile it takes 5 minutes to load. how to fix? i tried reregistering asp.net and iisreset. no progres. ...

Format Field in a Text String
When writing a text string, I would like to format chosen words or fields within that string as underlined or bold. Such as: ="This is text with " & Ucase([OwnerLName],) & " as bold." But instead of Upper case the owners name would be bold or underlined. Cannot be done in a normal textbox. You can do it with a rich-text textbox. ACCESS 2007 has a rich-text feature built in; earlier versions need a third-party control (see www.lebans.com for his richtext2 download as one example). -- Ken Snell <MS ACCESS MVP> "JC" <JC@discuss...