linking cells in a column (result) to cells in a row (source)

MS XP Pro / Excel 2007:
Good day all.
I have data in two consecutive rows. The 1st one is text and the second
contains formulae which results in values. (Call these the "source")
On another sheet in the same workbook I have two columns (Call these the
destination) which need to be linked to the source rows if value (other than
zero) is present in the 2nd source row.
There could be zero value or blank cells within the source rows.

I need code to sequentially seek values (other than zero) in the cells in
the 2nd row of the source and when found, the next available cell in the
destination column needs to be linked to the one found so as to dynamically
update the values in both rows to these these two columns.

The next time the code is run there could be different cells to be linked.
i.e. the previous links would be replaced by the current ones.

I think some kind of loop???

I hope that my question is clear.

Can anyone assist with the code?

How are the formulas being put into the ffirst column.  If it is in a
macro then this macro need to be modified to add the link at the same
time to the second column.

It is difficult to look at a formula and determine which cells arre
referenced by the formula.

--
joel
joel's Profile: 229

[url="http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/"]Excel Live Chat[/url]

0
joel

Change link between form and subform

linking #4

Format Cell as True/False
OK. It's been a while but I could've sworn that I once was able to format a cell as a yes/no so that it appeared as a checkbox in the spreadsheet. Is this possible or have I confused it with another application. ~Lori Sounds like you are remembering Access database tables. Lori wrote: > OK. It's been a while but I could've sworn that I once was able to format a > cell as a yes/no so that it appeared as a checkbox in the spreadsheet. > > Is this possible or have I confused it with another application. > > ~Lori This is a multi-part message in MIME ...

Running total from an edited cell
I want to keep a running total of inventory as follows: On Hand This Shipment Quan Updated Part # 1 10 5 update this column on each new shipment Part # 2 15 10 Part # 3 20 30 I will not be adding lines, just updating the "this shipment" cell for each part# I am using Excel 2007 Please help ! See http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/accumulator.html In article <9104B5C3-CD46-460E-A939-C2B1EA736D42@microsoft.com>, MacPack2 <MacPack2@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

Linked Forms

Links not linking

Text on cart based on data in a cell
I have a chart on a separate sheet witch is based on a filtered list on another sheet. I would like to label my chart to show witch filter as been applied, is this possible? (Ho, and if so, how would I do it?) Thanks for any help. Select the chart, press the equal key, then select the cell with a mouse. This adds a text box in the middle of the chart, which you can move around and format as needed. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Ant wrote: > I have a chart on a separate s...

Excel 2003- Tabbing to a specific location in a cell
I have created a template and I want to be able to fill in parts of the template by just tabbing and the cursor to move to the next cell...and to a specific area in the cell...how do i set up my template to do this? THanks so much unlock the cells you want to tab to. leave the other cells protected. then protected the sheet. -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "monty the magician" <monty the magician@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FD3728D8-E730-407E-B58A-FED2C6D9EA8A@microsoft.com... >I have created a template and I want to be able to f...

Linked Table Manager in ACCESS

Cell grouping
Hello, This is the problem. I have 5 columns that are in this order, Date Req.#, Requestor, Dept. and notes. I need to know how to arrange th entire row where the departments are grouped together with th corresponding information. The dates are not important as this repor is quarterly; I know how to sort a column by itself but not the entir page. Thanks -- jackel JLatham Wrote: > I should add that usually Excel is smart enough to know that when you > grab > one column of information to sort, and it is contiguous with other > columns > with data in them, to grab them a...

Link To A Cell From Chart

Rows inserted into a List will not sort properly
I have a spreadsheet that is sorted first by department, then by number. The departments are sorting OK, but within some of the departments, the numbers are not being sorted properly. This is happening in departments where some rows have been inserted into the spreadsheet and data has been entered. In those departments, after running the sort, the numbers of the inserted rows appear first, followed by the remaining numbers. I've tried reformatting the cells and Iv'e also tried copying the sheet and pasting it into a new file, both to no avail. Any ideas? Excel 2003, Window...

Colour cells in Task pane.
Much like one can do in Ms Excel, I would like to colour the cells, as in the Task Panes. Is this possible? If so how? Highlight the cells you want to ad color to in your table then click on the little bucket at the top "Volcanic" wrote: > Much like one can do in Ms Excel, I would like to colour the cells, as in the > Task Panes. Is this possible? If so how? > ...

How do I change column into lines on a Line-Column chart?
I want to create a chart with three columns and one line using two axis. Any help would be useful. Thanks Hi Ken, Create a column chart based on all your data. Select the series that you want as line and right click it. Choose Chart Type and change it to Line. Now double click the new line so you can change the Axis value to secondary. Cheers Andy Ken wrote: > I want to create a chart with three columns and one line using two axis. Any > help would be useful. > > Thanks -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

links

Linked Tables Over A LAN

Find cells that contain text
Hi, as part of a loop I am trying to find cells that contain a string and then copy some adjacent cells into another sheet. I can do the copy part no problem but I am struggling with finding the string, I am using the InStr command but not sure if I ma making this to complicated, this is code I am struggling with : If InStr(string, Cells(bb, 65)) = 1 Then With string being the string I am searching for and bb being the row number and part of the loop The formula will recognise a complete string, but not part of string i.e. String = abcd_ Cell contains abcd_ match and I ca...

Formula
I have 4 columns and would like a formula that would give me th percentage of column 4 to the lowest number in columns 1, 2 or 3. 24 16 8 4 What is the percentage betwee 8 & 4 28 22 40 17 What is the percentage between 22 and 17 If you are paying $8 now and new price is $4, what is the saving percentage. I think I said that right! Thanks for the help. Sam -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Try something like: =D12/SMALL(A12:C12,1) and format the result as a percentage. -- Andy. "samilees >"...

Links

converting cell data / opposite?
Hello Excel gurus... I have a cell/column containing a persons name: John Doe I'd like to convert cell/column to read: Doe, John What formula is used in order to make this happen? I've tried left/right/len commands out the wazzoo (technical word) - I give... uncle.... Any help? Jorge Hi Jorge in another cell use =RIGHT(C14,FIND(" ",C14)-1) &", " & LEFT(C14,FIND(" ",C14)) where C14 has the original data in it Cheers JulieD "Jorge" <czar1259@netscape.net> wrote in message news:10k0ptons6i6e4c@corp.supernews.com... > Hell...

cell formats #4
Hi, is there a way to change a cell format based on another cells formats? e.g. I have colour coded processed data in one sheet and the original data in a separate sheet. Hence the value in cell sheet1!G3 was derived from the value of cell sheet2! G3. I basically want a conditional format which sets formats of cell sheet1!G3 equal to the format of sell sheet2!G3. Thanks in advance Pete Hi Pete this is IMHO nearly impossible. E.g. a format change does not trigger the worksheet_change event. therefore also a event procedure won't work in all circumstances (only if the value is chan...

email links in Publisher pdf

conditional formatting dependent on cells not next to eachother...
I want to apply conditional formatting, but I can't figure out th formula. I have a row that contains 3 criteria I need in order to color the row but the 3 criteria are not the same type of cell. (1 cell is a Yes o No, and the other 2 are dates.) J3 must be a Y or N K is text L is text M is a date N is a date O is a date P is a date Q is a date R is a date Here is my criteria: J3 must be Y, N3 or P3 must have an entry, and R3 must have an entry. If all of these criteria meet, then turn the row the color. Thank you for any and all help you could provide. Angel -------------------...

Indirect cell reference
Hello How do I indirectly reference a cell in another worksheet in the same workbook using the Row() & Column() functions.. Every variation of any formula I have tried results in a formula error. Thanks Tony McGee To refer to a cell in the same row and column on sheet2: =INDIRECT("Sheet2!"&ADDRESS(ROW(),COLUMN())) -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html "Tony McGee" wrote: > Hello > > How do I indirectly reference a cell in another worksheet in the same > workbook using the Row() & Col...

Chart template and links