Kill Open Read Only Message on Open

I have a workbook that I want to run on a schedule after working hours. It
has a Workbook_Open event that kicks off several macros. The problem is that
when Windows Scheduler opens the workbook when I'm not here, a dialog opens
stating that my personal.xls is read only. There will always be other
workbooks and instances of Excel open and who knows which one will have
read-write priveliges on personal.xls but i really don't care. How do I get
Excel to ignore this prompt for personal.xls when I open this workbook (or
any workbook for that matter)?

Thanks. [Excel 2007; Windows XP Pro]
-1

view pics in body of message ???
Is there any EASY way to enable viewing attched pictures in the message body of the email I receive (Outlook 2003) ? When I receive a pic attachment...it is only viewable by opening each pic separately, as opposed to just scrolling down through the message and seeing them in the body of the email ( how it was in OE). When I looked up the help on "view attachment in body of message" I got this technobabble : 1.. Use the keyboard to choose the Customize Current View command (View menu, Arrange By, Current View submenu). 2.. Click Fields, and then click New Field. 3.. In t...

Message to all outgoing
Is it possible add a message to all outgoing mails for all users at one time, we are using Exchange 2003 ? Jack -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Jeg beskyttes af den gratis SPAMfighter til privatbrugere. Den har indtil videre sparet mig for at f� 16769 spam-mails Betalende brugere f�r ikke denne besked i deres e-mails. Hent en gratis SPAMfighter her. You mean like a disclaimer? Nothing native or built-in. - Using a transport event sink - (the following code has a is a painful exercise at best, doesn't work for locally delivered messa...

Kill Excel silently
Hi, I batch file that queries a database and creates a flat file. I want to start Excel, make graph of the data and save it as an htm file. I then want to get out of Excel. I want to do this automatically twice daily (eg at midnight). I use Scheduled tasks and a macro to start Excel and create the graph But Excel won't quit so I've set the ask Scheduler to stop Excel afte 1 minute. Here's the problem ... I get a message saying that Excel has terminate unexpectedly and would I like to send an Error Report to Microsoft?! I cannot turn this message off no matter what Service I st...

Publisher cannot open the file
I'm having the same problem. Has anyone found a solution?? Description of the Publisher 2007 hotfix package (Publisher-x-none.msp): October 27, 2009 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/976177/en-us If you have other versions of Publisher: How to troubleshoot a damaged publication in Publisher http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;198256 or Error message when you try to open a publication in Publisher: "Publisher cannot open the file" or "Publisher has detected a problem" http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928890/en-us -- Mary...

excel wont open files from a WHS network drive, on my mac mini, but i will from my macbook?

Detail reports on message store
I need a way (canned software, or I can write it) to be able to analyze my message store. I want to be able to report by folder, age the messages in buckets (current, 30-60 days, etc), # and size of attachements, etc. Most mail systems let you do this easily. Running Exchange 203 Enterprise. ...

Open Access 2007 in Exclusive Mode
I have a mulit-user program. How can I set it up to allow one user access at a time. On Thu, 27 May 2010 14:05:51 -0700, iholder <iholder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: In the shortcut to start the program, add the /excl command line switch. Another approach would be to check if the back-end has a .ldb file. If it does someone else is already in (or a rare crash occurred). -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP >I have a mulit-user program. How can I set it up to allow one user access at >a time. ...

open to worksheet
I would like to get my workbook to open to a certain worksheet and focus on cell b2. how do i make it do this. thanks Sarah If you save the workbook that way (Sheetx active and B2 selected), it'll open that way. Or you could use a macro that runs when you open the workbook: sub Auto_Open() application.goto worksheets("sheetX").range("b2"), scroll:=true end sub And if you're new to macros, you may want to read David's intro: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm sarah wrote: > > I would like to get my workbook to open to a certain ...

Charts Resize on Open
I have several workbooks containing charts. Everytime I open these files, the size of the "plot area" has shrunk to the point that you cannot read the information on the charts. Each time I open these files, I re-adjust the "plot area" and re-save the file, but it continues to happen. Is there something that I can do to prevent this from continually happening? I did not have this issue when I used Office 2003. It has just started since I started using Office 2007. I have to present these charts to my boss, and it is extremly embarassing when my boss look...

Can't open attachments in Outlook 2007
So after a brief, but totally unsatisfying, stint trying out Outlook 2010 beta I had to go back to using Outlook 2007 w/ BCM. After finally getting my backups restored in Outlook 2007, I've noticed that I can no longer access the attachments on any of my emails. I can see the icon, but I can't open it. Double clicking doesn't do anything and neither does right clicking on the file. I can't access the attachment in the preview pane or if I open the email. Outlook doesn't throw any errors, it just won't open the attachment. HELP! Which extension do...

unable to open information store
After a recent power failure, where the exchange server was not shut down properly and just died, I now have users, that used to be able to open other users inbox to read the emails, now not able to open these inboxes. the message is unable to open information store. The same also applies to callenders, but this is not happening to everyone, as I can still access other peoples folders. ...

Reading joystick input
Hi. I'm trying to make an mfc application that can read joystick input. In MSDN tutorial, it says that I need to create a DirectInput object first before I can retrieve the data from joystick. But when I tried to implement: ----------------------------------------- HINSTANCE g_hinst; HRESULT hr; LPDIRECTINPUT8 g_lpDI; hr = DirectInput8Create(g_hinst, DIRECTINPUT_VERSION, IID_IDirectInput8A, (void**)&g_lpDI, NULL); ----------------------------------------- in my program (inside CMyView::OnIntialUpdate()), these following errors occured. ----------------------...

Prevent reading extensionAttribute
Hi everyone, I hope this is a simple question, even if the the How-To might be difficult. I'm trying to prevent users other than a specific universal group, as well as domain admins, from reading the data in the extensionAttribute1, and extensionAttribute2 attributes on the user property in AD that Exchange 2003 puts there when you install it. The reason is that we have some sensitive data in that field, and as it is now, anyone (Authenticated Users) can query using LDAP and suck that information out, which happens to be priveleged HR information. Anyway, is there a way we can den...

Open links received in an email in Outlook, not IE?
Is it possible to tell Outlook 2003 to open links in an email inside of Outlook instead of opening Internet Explorer? I know that web pages can be opened from the web toolbar in Outlook (like the one shown on the Outlook Today window). Use case: I receive an email that has a hyperlink in it to some web page. When I click the link, I want the page to open in Outlook, not Internet Explorer (although I know that Outlook uses Internet Explorer to display web pages). jason.conger@gmail.com <jason.conger@gmail.com> wrote: > Is it possible to tell Outlook 2003 to open links in an email...

read receipts #9
I would like to request read and delivery receipts for every email that I send but when I go into tracking options the option that I need to select is grayed out - my question is how do I get this so it is not grayed out "Joe" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in news:ufU0Y#ZJFHA.2396@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl: > I would like to request read and delivery receipts for every email > that I send but when I go into tracking options the option that I need > to select is grayed out - my question is how do I get this so it is > not grayed out Hmmm...check and see what your d...

kill
wo will kill you right now wo will kill you right now wo will kill you right now wo will kill you right now wo will kill you right now wo will kill you right now wo will kill you right now wo will kill you right now wo will kill you right now wo will kill you right now wo will kill you right now wo will kill you right now wo will kill you right now wo will kill you right now wo will kill you right now wo will kill you right now wo will kill you right now wo will kil...

Compile Errors from 02 when opening an 00 MDB
When I open my Access 00 MDB in 02 on my clients' machines, I get a compile error. They run Office XP under WinXP. Thinking that it may be a library problem, I opened the References window under the Tools pull-down under Access 02 - which the compiler let me do even though I couldn't make changes to the code (I don't think). The "utility" library was marked "missing". The bad thing was that there no references to the code that was calling it. The directory location was pointing to the "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10 \utility.mda&qu...

Important restore a server a ups killed with large amount of data
Hello, A ups died taking out one of my sbs 2003 servers. now there is a lot data on this machine i am talking roughly 3 tb of data. Here is where is sites, sharepoint and sql are toast. completely a uninstall and reinstall don't fix it if anything it broke more. I have a backup from 3 days ago from sbs backup I also have a image based backup from 2 months ago. what is the best way to get this server up and running without taking the whole day tomorrow. can i just use ntbackup from the sbs backup i have and do a restore on the server and tell it to skip the data partit...

opening excel from cmd
Hi all, I want to open an excel file from CMD and dont want to loose focus from the current application. I am using "spawn" ( similar to SHELL ) to run commands on CMD. If I write spawn "c:\test.xls" it opens the excel , but also set focus to it. I do not want to loose the focus from the application. If it is possible to hide it then it will be well and good. Could anybody help with this? ...

Runtime Error has occurred when opening Printable Manuals
I'm receiving a runtime error do you wish to debug error (Line: 49 Error: Object doesn't support this propery or method) when trying to open the printable manuals by clicking Help -> Printable Manuals. Has anyone else experienced this? I am running GP version 9.00.0281 on Windows Server 2000 SP4. I am thinking something is wrong with the Microsoft Help component that reads .chm files, but further insight would be helpful. ...

Kill Sound Effects
Whenever I switch Outlook folders or switch messages within a folder I get this annoying sound (P-chew with an accent on the chew). I have tried turning off any references to sound alerts in Outlook options. Also went to Windows Control Panel sounds and turned off Office sounds. But I still get the sound. Where is the control for it hiding? Running Outlook 2000 SP-3 and Win XP Home SP-2. ...

How to remove attachment from sended messages
Hello, I am using Outlook Express and want to keep the sended message but not the attachment(s). How can i remove them? TIA, S. "SliqM" <poorboy321###@hotmail#only 1st 10 chrs###> wrote in message news:4c47c7d2$1_3@news4us.nl... > Hello, > I am using Outlook Express and want to keep the sended message but not > the attachment(s). > How can i remove them? > > TIA, > S. Save the message to the Desktop. File | Save as | Desktop | Save. Open it with Notepad. Highlight and delete the attachment code and drag the message back...

Outlook error on opening the first e-mail
Hi all, I've got a customer who has the Outlook client for v4.0 installed since last Friday and has the following problem since the following Monday morning when she opened Outlook. She opens Outlook without any problems, the CRM bar is present and she can navigate in the CRM via Outlook. But, the first e-mail that she opens triggers the following error message: "Une erreur s'est produite lors du téléchargement de la fonctionnalité Microsoft Dynamics CRM. Essayez de redémarrer Microsoft Outlook. Si l'erreur persiste, contactez votre admistrateur syst&...

Help Restoring Public Folder Messages
A user at our company deleted several public folder emails this afternoon and of course needs them back now. We are running exchange 2003 enterprise edition. What is the easiest way to get those messages back? thanks, Frank On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 14:51:04 -0800, "Frank M" <FrankM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >A user at our company deleted several public folder emails this afternoon and >of course needs them back now. We are running exchange 2003 enterprise >edition. What is the easiest way to get those messages back? > >thanks, >Frank If you hav...

Cannot open MS Office Outlook 2007
Lately when i have tried to open office outlook, I get a message saying "Cannot open your default email folders. The file C:\users\username\appdata\local\microsoft\outlook\outlook.pst cannot be opened". As a result it never opens. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling and i continue to get the same message. My OS is Vista home premium and I have MS Office outlook 2007 as part of MS Office Enterprise 2007. I believe the inability to open outlook is also affecting windows mobile device center and keeps that program from syncing my mobile device, because another prog...