join multiple pivot tables?

How can I link up multiple pivottables all based on the same data where all i
would have to do is change the page option (drop down menu) from the first
pivot and the rest of the pivots would automatically adjust to match those?

There's a sample file here in which you can change the page field in one
pivot table, and all the related pivot tables change:

Under Pivot Tables, look for 'PT0021 - Change All Page Fields' or
'PT0008 - Change Multiple Page Fields'

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

1
Debra

multiple identities #3
Hi, Does Outlook 2003 has the capability to setup and switch between multiple identities, similar to Outlook Express where you can switch between different identities very easily? This is on a single machine, no Outlook server involved. Thanks Yes. Use Profiles. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;829918&Product=out2003 -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "gumi" <gumi@abeys.com> wrote in message news:tBcvc.2867$g%.2423@lakeread04... > Hi, > Does Outlook 2003 has the capability to setup and switch between multiple > identities, similar to Outlo...

Pivot Table
I have a list in a file name abc.xls. I have defined the list with a name say XYZ. I have another file Summary.xls with a pivot table that I'm using to give me a summary of that list. The 'XYZ' which is the defined name of the actual list in abc.xls file works when both the files are open. When I open the Summary.xls file, first message says "Reference is not valid" and second message says "Cannot find "abc.xls file". If I first open the abc.xls file and then the summary.xls, then it works and not viceversa. Please update. Thx. As answered in microsof...

copying a whole record from one table to another
have a form that allows users to search a Read Only database. I have a make table query that pulls data from this databae and puts it into a table in access. When a new record shows up in the linked database, the user will be able to search for it through my form, and what i would like to be able to do is, have a button that would allow the user to automatically import the new record into a different table based on the Manager who entered the new record. to simplify users pulls up the new record added to the linked database and needs to update the access database i would like a button ...

Publisher 2003 Opens Multiple Windows
I work in an engineering firm where we use multiple files in Publisher. Since we upgraded to Office 2003, when we open a file it brings up another publisher window. In Publisher 1998 when you would open a file and was done with it, you could click on another file and would open in the same window and keep your path of picture inserts, hyperlinks, etc. Is there a way to allow Publisher 2003 to do this? It would making working on our sheets easier. Publisher 98 could have one document open at a time unless you opened a completely new session (two instances of Publisher opened). If you sav...

Leads with multiple contacts
Hi, Can anyone tell me if it is possible to have account centric leads in MS CRM. It seems as though leads are restricted to individual contacts. Ideally I would like to have multiple contacts associated with a single lead record. I think you can do this once its an account?? Lee; there are a number of ISVs who have build custom solutions that do what you require: www.salentica.com www.c360.com Dave "Lee" <l.hargrave@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:394322d8.0405211253.5c653891@posting.google.com... > Hi, > > Can anyone tell me if it is possible to have ...

Display a list of unique values from a column with multiple instances
Hi- I have a list in a column (column A) that has many duplicate values. I am looking to create a list of the unique values from column A into another column (column F). I just want to display the values from col A into col F without deleting any values from col A. From there I am planning on doing a countif based on the value in col F to see how many duplicates I have. I want to do this dynamically because anyone can add a new value in col A but I don't want to have to manually compare unique values in col A against col F to do the counts. Col A contains ID numbers that can be repeat...

split excel into multiple sheet
Dear all, I have an excel with huge data, i want to split data of workbooke into multiple sheet in same excel. I want to split by using column head. in my case it is R.O., I want to split by R.O. wise. and new sheet should be name automaticaly by R.O. name. I will be very thankfull if any one give me solution for this.. Hi yogi Start here http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy5.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "yogi" <yogesh.pankar@paramounttpa.com> wrote in message news:f22eacea-7b8c-411b-a6d0-b20c02bc25aa@y7g2000prc.googlegroups...

text from one column into multiple columns
Hi, How can I take text entered like this: Mike Smith Toyota 123 Main St Anytown, TX 12345 phone 713 222 1212 fax 713 222 2121 ....and move it to where every address element (name, street, city, etc.) is in its own column? Text to Columns obviously won't work, and I've had no luck trying to make a macro to do it. Thanks, Jeff Hi do you always have the same amount of rows per record? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Jeff Brown wrote: > Hi, > How can I take text entered like this: > Mike Smith Toyota > 123 Main St > Anytown, TX 12345 > phone 713 222 12...

Multiple problems with WLM
Multiple problems with WLM I realize that this problems list is long enough that it's unlikely that just one person will be able to solve them all. Therefore, it's OK to reply only for the one you can handle. Since some of these problems may be related, I decided to list them all in one post. 1. The All news view in the Quick views is either mislabelled, or unable to handle very large collections of unread newsgroups posts (I first saw this problem when the count was over 1,000,000, WLM was restarted, and the count dropped much lower (under 50,000). Since then I&#...

Printing Multiple worksheets to a single pdf
When I select multiple worksheets to print to a single pdf, I always get mulple pdf files. For example, I select three worksheets I will get the first two in one pdf and then when the third is to be printed I receive another save dialogue box. I have tried several different PDF converter applications (Win2PDF, Adobe acrobat, etc.) and it occurs in all Any suggestions I'm not sure why this is occuring as I only use distiller occasionall but have you tried the old fashioned way of making a pdf?- print th document using your normal printer but check the "print to file" box This ...

Doing joIn with REGEXP? (MySQL)
Hi Im working with MySQL. I have similar data in 2 different schemas Im trying to relate. This particular example relates to US states being stored differently in both systems. So, say I have the 2 tables as follows: STATE_1 ----------------- | ID | STATE | ----------------- | 1 | AL | | 2 | AK | | 3 | AS | ................. STATE_2 ------------ | STATE | ------------ | US-AL | | US-AS | | US-AK | ............ I want to get the STATE_1.ID value where the STATE fields are equal. Note that STATE_2.STATE values are the same as those in ...

Multiple Ranges for a Chart
I am trying to use ranges from several pages in one chart. When I set the source data to: =Sheet1!$A$2:$O$2+Sheet2!$A$3:$K$3 I get the following error: Reference is not valid HELP, what am I doing wrong? Are you trying to use ranges from multiple sheets for the same X or Y series? I've never seen that done. You can use X axis ranges from one sheet and Y axis ranges from another. "Vic" wrote: > I am trying to use ranges from several pages in one chart. When I set the > source data to: =Sheet1!$A$2:$O$2+Sheet2!$A$3:$K$3 > > I get the following error:...

better to filter on join or where clause
If you have something in your where clause that could be put in the inner join would it be better there? SELECT * FROM tableA a JOIN tableB b on b.key = a.key Where b.status <> 15 and b.status <> 20 or SELECT * FROM tableA a JOIN tableB b on b.key = a.key and b.status not in (15,20) Any difference? Thanks, Tom There is no difference when using inner join. The optimizer will generate the same execution plan. It is more a preference/style of writing queries. I prefer to place filters in WHERE and leave only join predicates in the ON clause: SELECT ...

Multiple fonts on a dialog
Folks, I want to display a certain character (less than or equal to) on a dialog, but that symbol is only available in the "Symbol" font. Thus, I need to display a different font for that window. Does anyone know if this is possible? Jase Yes. You can create a CFont object for the Symbol font and use the SetFont method of your CStatic, CEdit, CButton, or whatever to set the font to that CFont object. Remember that the CFont object must live as long as the window that uses the font, so don't make it a local variable. In article <40230dee$0$14898$afc38c87@news.opt...

Mulitple Pivot Charts In One Workbook
I would like to know if it is possible to embed multiple Pivot Charts (with different Pivot Table Fields used as paramters on each Chart). I intially created a chart with certain fields and then created another chart, but when I embedded a different field in the second chart, this replaced the one in the original as well. Any ideas, or is this simply not possible? Many thanks. You could create another pivot table, based on the first pivot table, then base the second chart on the second table. Middlesex Tiger wrote: > I would like to know if it is possible to embed multiple Pivot C...

Multiple send from
Hi I'm running Exchange 2003 and outlook 2003 as a client. I have users with multiple alias email addresses (one mailbox with multiple SMTP aliases from differrent domains) Is there a way to configure so I can choose what will be the outgoing (my sender) email address from the client but without setting POP3 in the profile? Thank you Oren There is a utility at http://www.ivasoft.biz that will add this capability, which is not built into Outlook. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers ...

WTF happened to printing spots a multiple angles
Microsoft must have retarded monkeys designing their software. I upgraded to Publisher 2002 because of the amount of clients I had that were sending my 02' files. I was completely floored when I found that I can't send multiple spot colors at different angles to my imagesetter. Why would Microsoft say they have the most "printer friendly" software and then remove multiple screen angles? It's not like they have never added a way to do this in any previous version, they actually removed it from this upgrade. It's not a bug of any kind, Microsoft stated that the only wa...

multiple copy one paste
As I use all Windows functions, I long for a way to do multiple copies, then one paste. I call it Copy Add. This would allow me to copy from diverse documents and paste to one destination. As an example, I have an email with three attachments. I use the information as a running record of transactions I have sent to a customer. I open attachment one and copy a range, then go to my transaction file and paste. Back to email two, the same thing. Then to email three same thing. I want to be able to copy (Add) from one, copy(Add) from two, copy(Add) from three, and finally paste int...

Pivot table hide zeros?
I am running a pivot table and some data is showing blank or zero's. Is there a way to not show the records that have zeros? So when I run the sum function of the data, only data greater than zero is displayed in the final table? Thanks a lot. ...

joining domain
hi! Is it possible to have the users rejoin xp,win7 to win2003 AD with the computer object already exist in the AD? i know that this can be done through administrator group, but can this be done by the user without adding them into the domain admain grp or accoutn operator? what's the best practice and previlege that i shd give to the support team who only need to able to join the pc into the domain? Thanks. They have to be able to delete and add. If you are talking about doing this to one machine not a real big deal but if you want folks to do this all the time it c...

Append 2 tables with variable names
Hi there... Here's my problem. I have 2 tables in an access 2000 database. The table names are unknown...they could have any name. Through VBA how can I append one table to the other? Hi, you can run append query: currentdb.execute "Insert into " & strTable1 & " (Field1, Field2) Select Field1, Field2 From " & strTable2, dbfailonerror Where strTable1 and strTable2 variables hold tables names -- Best regards, ___________ Alex Dybenko (MVP) http://accessblog.net http://www.PointLtd.com "ambushsinger" <ambushsinger@dis...

Table of content
Iwould like to know what means "Word did not find any entries for your table of contents. In your document, select the words to include in the table of contents, and then in the Formatting Palette under Styles, click a heading style. Repeat for each heading that you want to include, and then insert the table of contents in your document. You can also create a table of contents by clicking the Create with Manual Formatting option and then type the entries manually." I tried to do all that guided above. Unfortunately no results. Help me to use table on content, please. ...

Multiple recipient policies on same group
Hello, I am trying to have 2 mailbox manager policies on a single group. The first one moves messages to the System Cleanup Folder after 30 days and the next one deletes the messages after it has been in the System Cleanup Folder after 10 days. The second policy doesn't appear to be working. On the MS KB article for doing this, it says "Another common issue occurs when policies do not apply as you expect. This can be caused by overlapping policies. Only one mailbox recipient policy can be applied to each user. If you have more than one recipient policy applied to a user, make...

multiple sales persons per customer
Some companies are set up so that a certain brand or class of items are sold by certain salespersons, which means that a single customer can be serviced by a number of sales persons. The system should have a relation of Item/Customer to sales person or Item Class/Customer to sales person. This will then allow a single customer to have several sales persons and because there is a relationship to the inventory item, when the item appears on a sales document the correct salesperson will be attributed to the sale. At the moment the system allows several sales persons per sales document but...

Edit classification for multiple transactions?
I have 6 months' worth of data entered in Money, and now feel comfortable enough to venture into the touchy topic of the monthly "who owes what to whom". Both my partner's and my accounts are all in Money, and I have decided to use a classification (For:Charles, For:Michael, For:Both) to label each expense. (Other suggested methods weren't appealing: creating duplicate categories like Food:Dining Out (Both), Food:Dining Out (Charles), and Food:Dining Out (Michael) would be a nightmare; and using splits on joint transactions to allocate half the amount to a separate "...