Initialize an imagelist for use with a listview

Hi folks

Hoping someone can help me out with a bit of a problem I=92m having at
the moment that really just might tip me over the edge if I don=92t
figure it out! Just kidding I won=92t be running for the water tower
with a gun just yet.

Anywho, I=92m running Excel 2003 SP3 with a userform containing an
imagelist and a listview, with the imagelist holding my icons for use
in the listview but I can=92t initialize the imagelist.  Both controls
are version 6 and I have reference to MSCOMCTL.OCX.  I add my pictures
to my imagelist but when I go into setup the custom property of the
listview, I go into the Image List tab but the comboboxes only contain
the <None> option.  When I run the code if I try to make reference to
the imagelist at all I get the =9135613=92 error message.

If anyone has any ideas, links to some tutorials on using these to
controls together or even a small piece of example code I would
greatly appreciate it.

Cheers

Steve
0
Incidental

Solution: Error 2306: There are too many rows to output (Access to Excel using OutputTo)
I've joined the legions who've encountered this problem with the OutputTo method in Access: Run-time error 2306 There are too many rows to output, based on the limitation specified by the output format or by Microsoft Access A lot of people seem to have encountered it. The reason is because OutputTo defaults to an old version of Excel which only allows 16K rows A lot of people also suggest using TransferSpreadsheet instead, but that caused me a lot more problems (putting a single quote in front of my text data) Intellisense for the command does not list what your options are for th...

Boilerplate text using formula =rand() in 2007
Has this feature been removed from Word 2007? I found my problem thanks to Ms. Barnhill. I somehow unchecked "Replace text as you type" "Polaris" wrote: > Has this feature been removed from Word 2007? Hi Polaris, No - it's been enhanced. Not only do you have =rand(), which generates new content, but there's also =rand.old() and =lorem(). -- Cheers macropod [Microsoft MVP - Word] "Polaris" <Polaris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:041AF1BA-649E-4D7D-8D0D-63EC31C199CB@microsoft.com... > Has this feature...

transpose using formula
Hi I have a column (A1:A100) with numbers and strings. Is there any way to copy (using formula not copy from menu) these data across a row (lets say F9:DA9) ? Thank you. See TRANSPOSE function in help. Select F9:DA9 In F9 enter = TRANSPOSE(A1:A100) Note you will use CTRL + SHIFT + ENTER as this is an array function. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sun, 22 Mar 2009 11:14:04 -0700, nikos <nikos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi >I have a column (A1:A100) with numbers and strings. Is there any way to copy >(using formula not copy from menu) these data across a row (let...

when to use which basic flowchart shape?
i really need help on this... On Mon, 27 Oct 2008 15:20:04 -0700, Andriana <Andriana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i really need help on this... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flowchart For the remainder of the symbols in the flowchart stencil, use as you see fit or ignore them, some are wrong, some are out of date, some are irrelevant. -- Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. DFD/SSADM for Visio http://www.visio-dfd.sandrila.co.uk/ ...

How do i "strikethrough" when using Microsoft Project
How do i strike through a sentence (as you will do in a Microsoft Word Font) when using Microsoft Project? In article <5A27D878-1EB8-4EB6-8BCF-2C3FAB96E0BF@microsoft.com>, trinimadness <trinimadness@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do i strike through a sentence (as you will do in a Microsoft Word Font) > when using Microsoft Project? trinimadness, Sorry, no can do. Project is planning and scheduling application, not a work processor so its text handling capabilities are limited. The best you can do is to use underline or color the font. Sorry, J...

Unable to use my address book
I got a new computer with Windows 7 and began the task of installing all my programs. I then used the easy transfer, as directed by microsoft, from my old xp laptop. when I first opened outlook and set up my profile, all was well until I checked my address book. It was and is blank. There is nothing listed in the scrool down window to even choose an address book to use. My contacts are all there, but when I go to contacts properties and select the outlook address book tab, the box that you need to check is grayed out anf not available. I need help! -- jhp WET a...

updating chart using edit query
Hi I import a column of date into column A which is linked to a chart. When I update the column of data the chart updates automatically. Great! Except not all columns of data I import have the same number of items. So I am forever adjusting the range the chart refers to by clicking the line on the chart and then pulling the handle on the blue box that surrounds the cells from the previous data range (eg. A1:A25, and getting the blue box to just surround the new data range (eg. A1:A20). Can I get the chart to recognise that I want it to reflect only cells with data in them (e.g. A1...

Should I Use Tasks or Appointments ?
Trying to use Outlook to manage a clientele of about 100 clients that have work done on their cars on a regular basis: quarterly, every so many months, yearly, etc. I set up recurring appts. but then they show up as actual appts on my calendar right along with genuine appts and it's confusing, since it's really an appt to call and schedule an actual appt. (have I said appt enough here?) So, maybe I should set up recurring tasks??? Any experience with this sort of application? Outlook looks like it's made for this but..maybe I'm missing something simple. Maybe appts that jus...

Dropped Initial Word
I have Office 2007 Word running on XP Service Pack 2. I know how to make a drop cap for the starting paragraph in a paper. Is there any way to make the entire first word drop 2 or 3 lines depending on what I need? As an example if I were to type the sentence "Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country." I would want to drop the word Now not just the N. Select the whole word and then apply drop cap formatting. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Deej Hernandez" <DeejHernandez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message...

Which Mac Office 2004 licenses have I used?
Hey there - we're struggling with office 2004 at the moment; we must have installed the same license key on more than iMac - can someone tell me how to check which of our 3 licenses we've used? We have a 3 license version, installed twice and they won't let each other run simultaneously (without pulling out one of the network cables that is) Thanks! Alan Melbourne Hiya to change the licence: 1. run the Office Removal tool, you will find it here: Applications/Microsoft Office 2004/Additional Tools/Remove Office/ RemoveOffice 2. When the first screen appear "Welcome to r...

How to use the Profile other than default

appending data to ms access table using ms excel
Help, I am trying to update an Access table that has one field with a value that is coming from an Excel table. I looked through several cites are I have been unsuccessful. I believe that ADO would be needed to accomplish the task. If anyone has a short example of the code that would be needed in Excel to control access please let me know. Thanks in advance Here's a routine that I use to append daily stock price information to the MDB file where I keep historical quotes. I have a generic function that sets up the connection, rather than doing that in the sub itself. Prices() is...

When using Terminal Server
When remote users open Outlook from a Terminal Server session, they only see a small portion of the messages in their inbox (and other folders) that are on the Exchange Server, yet when they log in at the main office, they see all messages. What controls the two different views and how is it changed. Thanks in advance for any help, Bob Showalter, Packer International ...

is Retail Management System(RMS) been used at cafeterias?
Is Ms Retail Management System been used at cafeterias? It might work in a small operation. But is it the right fit? Not in my opinion. Other software is more cafe' friendly and made for the task. If you have a small cafe, in a retail store you might consider it, if your menu does not need to print on remote kitchen printers, and your using RMS for retail. Other wise look at Dinerware perhaps or software designed for restaurants. mt "D. Reveron" <D. Reveron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9D79643B-B9BF-4DD2-96F2-B49D5BCFD5C7@microsoft.com... ...

what function to use?
What function do i use? eg. DATE PAYMENT CODE 01/03/2010 J96 01/03/2010 B24 02/03/2010 C25 04/03/2010 J96 04/03/2010 U96 04/03/2010 J96 im trying to count how many times the letter J in payment code is used in a specific date.... eg how many J codes was used on 04/03/2010? Please help. Hi =SUMPRODUCT((LEFT($B$2:$B$100="J")*($A$2:$A$100=DATE(2010,3,4))) -- Regards Roger Govier TJ wrote: > What function do i use? > > eg....

Error: ".....doc uses a file type that is blocked from opening in this version
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel The file sent to me seems to be a 97 to 2004 version. I cannot understand why there would be any difficulty in opening a previous version document of word in mac 2008. I have tried changing the .doc file to a .docx but it doesn't work. Hoping for some help, thanks. How are you "changing" the file if you can't open it? Simply altering the extension does *not* change the file type & makes matters worse by misinforming the program as to what type of file it actually is. Make sure your...

Outlook templates using contacts.
Is there a way to use your contacts from outlook to easily insert their information into an E-mail? for example, Dear (conact name), blah blah blah (contact address1)... Thanks in advance! Mail Merge... kharnal wrote: > Is there a way to use your contacts from outlook to easily insert > their information into an E-mail? > > for example, > > Dear (conact name), > > blah blah blah (contact address1)... > > Thanks in advance! ...

Constructor initialization
Hi, Why do CMyClass::CMyClass() : m_iMyInt(0) // initialize { } instead of CMyClass::CMyClass() { m_iMyInt = 0; // assign } The first seems preferred, but I've always done the second (Self taught C++ so I don't know all the theory). Hi, When a class is instantiated, and for the purposes of this post lets leave inherited classes out of the picture, after the physical memory is allocated the members constructors are called and then the classes own constructor. When the members are constructed, the default constructor is called and then when your constructor executes th...

faq initialize CList
Hi, I have a member viarable of CList<CPoint,CPoint&> m_pointlist in Class Segment. Should I have to initialize the m_pointlist in Segment constructur? Thanks. The CList has a constructor with a default parameter (block size = 10). If that number satisfies you, you do not need to worry about initialization. Otherwise, follow this syntax: class Segment { private: CList<CPoint, CPoint&> m_pointList; public: Segment() : m_pointList( 100 ) // Place your own number instead of 100... { } } or class Segment { private: CList<CPoint, CPoint&> m_point...

Tab won't indent when using Word outline
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Hi, <br> A couple months ago, my tab button stopped indenting in Word when I use an outline and want to go from a &quot;I.&quot; to &quot;a.&quot; for example. I've dealt with just clicking on the &quot;indent&quot; button on the formatting palatte, but it is just getting way too frustrating to do. Any ideas on what happened (&quot;tab&quot; and &quot;shift-tab&quot; was working fine when I first got the computer) and also how to correct it. Thanks. (step-by-step point and click directions ...

Question about spammers users using SMTP
All, First, I'd like to apologize, I know almost nothing about Exchange. But our office has the following problem 1) We have a relatively old exchange version, installed on Win NT about 4-5 years ago. (I know we need to upgrade, but that a sep issue) 2) We used to be an independant company, and when we were bought by our parent company, we kept the exchange server, b/c a lot of customer service emails go to folders on it and need to be accessible easily locally, plus the corporate mail hasn't been as stable. 3) The spam problem was increasingly becoming a problem, so we changed origi...

Using SumProduct function in VBA
I'd appreciate some help in using the sumproduct function. I have a set of numbers in cells a1 through to j1, then a table of numbers starting in cell a3 and going across and down to cell j100. In cell k3, I need to put the function =SUMPRODUCT(A$1:J$1,A3:J3) then copy this down the column. I'd like to put it into a for/next loop as the start and end row will vary. I'd also like column k to show values rather than contain formulas. Thanks for any help. Colin Hi, Try this : '--------------------------------------- Sub Formula() Dim LastRow As Long...

Use of Assembly Attributes
We have been trying to mimic a sort of "plug-in" design with our app. We are loading assemblies which are in the app's assembly directory and then iterating all the Types in each Assembly to find ones which match the plug-in loaders designated type. I was thinking of perhaps trying to use Assembly Attributes to mark the plugin Assembly(ies) so that we don't bother iterating the types from other assemblies which we know wouldn't contain the "plugin". It seems like there is a Product Info Assembly Attribute, that maybe could be used for this purpose. ...

Using SMTPMD to change behavior of SMTPSVC
I am using Exchange 2003, it is my understanding that it use UDP protocol first then if that doesn't work it will use TCP protocol. What is the correct procedure to change this behavior to only use TCP protocol. I have the following: (Is this correct) SMTPMD set -path smtpsvc -value 0 -dtype 1 -utype 1 -prop 36997 When using this tool will I need to stop/restart the SMTP service? There are no technet article explaining how to do this. Thanks, Eric Sabo NT Administrator If I am correct you first have to stop all the IIS services, make the change with smtpmd and then start IIS ...

sending a new email using outlook
I'm using the trial version of Office 2007 and I have set up my email account without problem. I can receive emails and can send reply's to emails I have received, but if I try to send a new email it just sits in the outbox gathering dust! I've read through a lot of the discussions, but as I have no technical ability and even less knowledge I don't know what to do/if there is a remedy. My best advice is to call your Internet Service Provider and verify the information listed for your Outgoing Server is correct. Every service provider is different, so you'll want to...