Information Source, Excel 2007 versus 2002 Major Differences Dec0

   I'm an intermidiate VBA programmer.
   I've been developing and addin using excel 2002.
   Am going to 2007 soon, and would like to pointed to a source where I can
see what VBA changes, and others, MUST be made.

   For example, using Walkenbach's book I search for "help" to insert an app
menu before it, there is no "help" in the excel 2007 main menu.

   Thanks.
--
Neal Z

View Partial Source in IE8?
Hi all, This was one of my favorite feature and was extremely useful. It was packaged as part of the IE5 Dev PowerToys back in Aug. 2001. I've used it in the past on IE6 and *I think* IE7. I've seen posts saying it is compatible with IE6 & IE7 but nothing about IE8. I'm using IE8 and don't want to install it if it will screw anything up. I have 2 questions: 1. Will this work with IE8? 2. Why was this tool "done away with" when it was so popular? TIA Dave Black -- 2b || !2b "Dave Black" <DaveBlack@discussions.microsoft.c...

Dates in Excel #7
I want to assign the value '10' to any date vbetween 6/10/2004 and 8/11/2004 and then follow on in that date sequence with the values '11' , '12' and so on. But how?!!! I have tried all the date functions but they appear to want to remain logical to the real date whereas I want to use periods of time to give a certain value. Will ...

Excel VBA
Hi, How to import text file to Excel worksheet using VB? Can I use a for menu to execute this process? Please give me some ideas of doing it. have attached a text file for your reference. Thanks! AN -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com >>How to import text file to Excel worksheet using VB? Record a macro as you do it manually with File, Open. Pick the appropriate file type from the drop down. That will give you a good start. >>Can I use a form menu to execute this process? form menu? No such thing. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "annsmjarm >" <<an...

FREE INFORMATION
hI, I have a close freind who bought a e-book from a site, he told me it was www.howididit.tk he says he now makes between =A36000-=A37000 a month, it can't be that bad he has bought a new car and is always throwing his money around he says it can be done from anywhere in the world thought i would give it a go........ let me know what you think marie ...

Print a MS Word Doc from Excel workbook
Hi, I have a workbook in Excel where I want to be able to place a button that will print a letter that has been created in a seperate MS Word documnet. I have tried recording a macro but nothing happened. Is there a way to link the two together to enable this 'button' to produce the letter ?? Thanks Anthony See your previous post. Anthony wrote: > > Hi, > I have a workbook in Excel where I want to be able to > place a button that will print a letter that has been > created in a seperate MS Word documnet. > I have tried recording a macro but nothing happened....

Excel Test With Template Wizard
Hi, I�ve been asked to look at making past exam papers into online tests. I don�t know anything about programming, so the way I�ve done it is t use form controls in excel. I was thinking I could set it up as template with data tracking on the network so people could open a cop on their machine, then when they save it, it would feed back into database that could do the marking. I�m ok as far as designing the worksheet so it has option buttons etc for each question. My first problem is that, having created the worksheet, once it i protected, I can�t select any of the option buttons, even...

Retrieving Account Information By Id

Paid Invoices information
which table/s contain paid invoices and what are the field names for the amount paid , payment type and check#? In payables, PM30200 is the paid invoices. PM30300 contains the apply to information. You'll need both tables. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Bab" wrote: > which table/s contain paid invoices and what are the field names for the > amount paid , payment type and check#? The table PM30200 contains both invoices and payment records. As Charles noted, the table PM30300 contains apply to information, how much of a payment was applied to an invoice. One recor...

Automated Chart Production in Excel
Hi, Well, here goes. It is all about the question, so i'll try to ask th right one! Let's say I have a list of numbers (in excel, assuming we are i Column 'A' going from row 1 to row 10) 2<< 5 12 2<< 6 23 2<< 5 5 9 OK, pretty simple so far. Do you see the number '2' in that list, ho it occurs a few times? What I am particularly interested in is wha the number *was* that *followed* the appearance of the '2' the nex time around. In the first case the number following the '2' was a '4', the secon case it was a '6'...

Information store stops unexpectedly
I have Windows NT 4.0 SP6 it is PDC and Exchange Server 5.5 SP4 and ScanMail V 3.51. Two or three times per week information store stops with out reason In the Event Wiever I can see only these messages. How can I find what are reason for stoping information store. Event ID: 1005 Source: MSExchangeSA Type: Error Category: Monitoring Description: Unexpected error «0xc0040000 – Network problems are preventing connection to the Microsoft Exchange Server computer. Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store ID no:80040115-0514-000006bf» occurred Event ID: 1005 Source: MSExchangeSA Type...

Pull contact information from email message body
Hi all not sure if this is the right place to go for this question , but i would realy appreciate any help. Is there a way or a program out there that can pull contact info from inside the message body of an email. for instance we have a lot of emails ( a lot) that have soandso@person.com want to join list inside the message itself and we were wondering if there was a plug in tht can sift through the emails and pull each email address that it finds into a list or or contact list of some sort. so we can import it into another program. even if we could just get it into csv that would be fine, we...

Subforms to Excel
I have a form in my database that includes two subforms. The two subforms run off of seperate queries. The main form looks and acts exactly as I expect. My challenge is getting the form to output to Excel. I've done this successfully before, but never with a form that includes a subform (let alone 2 subforms). The "on click" programming I've used is this: DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputForm, Form1, acFormatXLS, , True And it outputs beautifully, but it doesn't work when I have a form with a subform. Any suggestions? ...

Lotus 123 files in XL 2007
I have an ancient Lotus 123 file (.wk1) that used to open fine in Excel 2002 but will not open in Excel 2007. Is there a way to make XL 2007 recognize it? Jeff On 5/19/2010 10:41 AM, Jeff@nospam.fake wrote: > I have an ancient Lotus 123 file (.wk1) that used to open fine in Excel > 2002 but will not open in Excel 2007. Is there a way to make XL 2007 > recognize it? > Jeff Solved the problem. Re-installed XL 2002 and saved the file as xls which then opened fine in XL 2007. "J...@nospam.fake" <J...@nospam.fake> wrote... >J...@nospam.fake wrote: ...

Updating source data links
Hi all, I'm having a small (major) issue with editing my links from graphs and data when moving the file of the original source. I'm rearranging my drive as it's just turned into a bit of a mess and I'm looking to just start over with new folders etc.. However I'm going to become unstuck when moving some of these files as I have thousands of charts and data that will be affected if I move the source data. ie. Analysis/UPG/March2010/Meeting to Reporting/March2010/Output I've read around and seen the option of edit > links but this isn't enti...

Change information
Hi! How do i change the license information in Outlook XP. In help\about microsoft office outlook there is a name in "This program is licensed to" and i want to change that but i dont know how. // Jarno ...

Outlook 2002 #120
There was a function in Lotes Notes when forwarding a message to someone, you had the option to "collapse" the text below(text you are forwarding)so it looked like an expandable folder when received. You could then expand it to read it once you received it. Is there anything like this available in outlook 2002?? ...

How do I get the pages into the bottom toolbar in publisher 2007
In the older version of Publisher the pages of a document appeared in the toolbar at the bottom of the screen. In the 2007 version I don't know how to turn that on. How do you navigate between pages? Not too long ago another poster offered the following solution. Please note that I haven't had this issue and haven't tried this solution but it seems to have worked for him. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ To fix the Publisher page sorter issue, simply follow the steps below. But beware, because this fix takes you into the Registry window to edit a specific part of the P...

What is the Excel function MDETER
What is the Excel function MDETER. Not an excel function (at least not in English), might be part of a third-party add-in or UDF -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup/forum) "alfonzecapone" <alfonzecapone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D69B743F-3023-41A8-8BBE-D40D7CE88A63@microsoft.com... > What is the Excel function MDETER. The Excel function is MDETERM. There's no MDETER function. MDETERM: Returns the matrix determinant of an array. On Sun, 6 Feb 2005 14:03:0...

Trap the rename event of Excel sheet
Hello, How can i trap the rename event of an excel sheet? Is it possible to get the renamed sheet name as soon as it'd changed? thanks and rgds bmm, There is no rename event of an Excel sheet. You may be able to use the calculate event of the sheet, though. In Cell B1, use this formula: =MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1))+1,LEN(CELL("filename" ,A1))-FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1))) And in cell C1, enter the current sheet name. Then use this calculate event: Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate() If Range(&qu...

System information using MFC and WMI???
Hi all I have to extract some system information using MFC and WMI. I have extracted some information like Add/Remove Programs, Network, username, computer name, Processor Information, hard disks attached. But for some information i have to use WMI. How i can use the WMI for getting information about system hardware. Please help me by giving sample examples. Thanks and Regards ...

How to determine version of Excel?
hey Microsoft, I have this Excel version with the "ribbon". How do I find what version of Excel this is since you guys took away the "Help / About" command? I need the version number in order to Google for the other commands you guys have hidden away. Thanks 1. We are NOT microsoft. We are volunteers answering questions in a non affiliated ng. We are not "you guys" 2. Office button>excel options>resources>about 3. Don't understand the last part about google needing version 12? -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett...

Editing Source Data in Charts
This is a simple question: When I change my series data, e.g. by doing the foillowing: right click and highlight Source Data go to Series change the data from A6:A26 to A1:A26 then click OK Why does my cursor then go to my spreadsheet (usually near the beginning) instead of staying within the chart... In other words, I must navigate back to my charts after I change one of them. Is this unavoidable?? Thanks... FLKulchar When y...

Excel creating random file names when saveing.
Not quite sure if this is the correct group. But we ae using Excel 2003. I have created some simple excel files and they work fiine. I copied them out to the network, the useser started using them and they worked fine except each time they click save it saves the file and creates a random file like: 7D26D100 7FB5D100 0428D000 A4AA5000 and so forth. I can go in and delete files and everthing still works fine. I can rename the random file to *.xls and it opens as and Excel file. If I copy the orginal file to the desktop the random file name is not created when I save. Any Ideas? Tha...

Event id 9220 , Source MSExchangeMTA , Category Operating System
Dear All, I am Using MS Exchange Server 2003 with MS windows 2003 Enterprise Edition and it is showing me the following error several times a day. Can somebody Please tell me what is this all about and how can i solve it? Event id:9220 Source :MS Exchange MTA Category:Operating System A sockets error 10047 on an open() call was detected. The MTA will attempt to recover the sockets connection. Control block index: 0. [BASE IL X25 DRIVER 10 261] (12) For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp. How many servers you have on your network? Are there ...

hyperlink to a specific excel column
Hello - I am trying to create a hyperlink in excel, that when clicked will open another excel sheet and highlight, or direct focus to a specific column. Any ideas on how this can be done using basic excel functionality or by writing a simple macro? Example: Hyperlink = Results/myresults.xls ---I want to go to column J. Thx, rleach Another sheet in same workbook........... Right-click on cell and "Hyperlink" From dialog select "place in this document" Select the sheetname and type a cell address in the address box. If, on the other hand, you want to link to a colu...