Hyperlink function presents variable results does not work in macro

I need some assistance if possible using a hyperlink function within a macro
The hyperlink function is presenting the current address in excel (address
varies) but there is no change within the macro code
It appears that the macro once recorded cannot be "updated" to the address
that is current.
Is there a way around, through or over this.

I am using the hyperlink to select a range which can then be "updated" as
part of the macro

Thanks for any assistance

enahs_naneek

As ALWAYS, post your coding efforts for comments.
--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
"enahs_naneek via OfficeKB.com" <u58016@uwe> wrote in message
>I need some assistance if possible using a hyperlink function within a
>macro
> The hyperlink function is presenting the current address in excel (address
> varies) but there is no change within the macro code
> It appears that the macro once recorded cannot be "updated" to the address
> that is current.
> Is there a way around, through or over this.
>
> I am using the hyperlink to select a range which can then be "updated" as
> part of the macro
>
> Thanks for any assistance

Don

hyperlink #4
Hello, I have. a spreadsheet with 300+ records. One column has website addresses. How can I format those cells so that when I click on the web address, it will go to the websites? I know Excel explains it but I'm not understanding it. if someone could help me with this, I would really appreciate it. Thanks, Mindy Mindy Select the cells, hit F2 and ENTER as many times as needed to roll through the range and change to hyperlinks. Whole column at a time use this macro from David McRitchie. Sub MakeHyperlinks() Dim cell As Range For Each cell In Intersect(Selection, _ ...

Macro oving minus sign from right to left not perfect yet
Hope somebody can help me. I copied the lines listed below into a macro to move the minus sign from data imported from a different source from the tight to the left. The macro works, however, the results are rounded and the decimals are not taken into account. When I enter f.e. 100,23- and run the macro the result is -100 which is not very handy since I use it a lot on journal entries. Sub ConvertMinus() Dim MemberCell As Range For Each MemberCell In ActiveSheet.UsedRange If Right(MemberCell.Formula, 1) = "-" Then MemberCell.Formula = _ Va...

Function Help #4
Is there a way I can use a function that will change the colour of required cells to say, red?? e.g. using the IF, if two cells do not have the same value a selected cell will change colour to red, to act as an alert. There is a way: check out conditional formatting in the Help feature. <Format><Conditonal format> is good for this formula is =C1<>D1 and set format as you want it. "Stuart" wrote: > Is there a way I can use a function that will change the colour of required > cells to say, red?? e.g. using the IF, if two cells do not have the same &g...

Hyperlinks
I have a spreadsheet that is 3604 rows & 6 columns. Column E has only hyperlinks to URL's. I have filtered my data via column B. I tried to A-Z Column A. When I do, the hyperlinks do not stay with the data. The mask looks correct but when you scroll over the hyperlink you see a completely different URL.????? Can anyone tell me how to make sure the Hyperlink keeps the correct URL when filtering and sorting the data. Try using the =HYPERLINK() worksheet function Tim "LeisaA" <LeisaA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3362C55C-FBA2-43...

Working with Splitter Window
Hi, I was wondering if it's possible to have multiple SplitterWindows in one application?! I mean I want to choose between two SplitterWindows and show one at a time (for simplicity I said two, sure I'll have much more than two). Well If I could set SplitterWindow for a View object, I could've hide a view and show the other one but it seems that SplitterWindow can be attached only to MainFrame!! And something funny is that I can't use SplitterWindow for an SDI app that does not use Document/View architecture, even though it has MainFrame?? In this case overriding OnCreateClient...

Results of Microsoft Office Diagnostics
Results of Microsoft Office (2007) Diagnostics: "Update Diagnostic — Unable to access a required file" I get this everytime even after I have Selected the "Download a file periodically that helps determine system problems" check box in Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, Outlook, Publisher, and InfoPath as advised by the 'Results of Microsoft Office Diagnostics' webpage. What can I do to have Office recognise that this setting has been selected? -- FrancisM ...

Macro & Yes/No Flip an Object?
Excel 2000 ... I have an "Object Arrow" that works similar to a hand on a clock. I am trying to move the arrow with recorded Macros, but depending upon where arrow is going to/from I find the need to sometimes "Flip" the Object ... Since the to/from is random ... I would like a little YES/NO Macro instruction to insert in my recorded code ... Macro would basically say ... If Object position OK ... Select YES ... Move on (skipping the "Flip" routine) If Object Position NOT OK ... Select NO ... Move on (activating the "Flip" routine). FYI ... ...

Excel 2000 Hyperlinks
Probably a silly question, but how do you turn off hyperlinks? I know how to remove them, but I want the entire feature turned off so that when I type an email address it doesn't turn it into an active hyperlink. In XP, you can go to Tools, Autocorrect options, but I can't seem to find the option in 2000. >>but I can't seem to find the option in 2000. Me either. You could precede the entry with an apostrophe. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP .... or hit CTRL-Z right after it converts. Rgds, Andy ...

combo box not working
Hi there I am trying to use a combo box to filter my data in a form. I only have one table and one form. There are five fields. I have a client and then with in a client I have orders. Both of these are seperate fields. I might two orders which would represent two records. I want the combo box (which is also on my form) to be able to filter down to see just a selected client. I have tried to use the Event procedure for the After_Update using but it doesn't work for me, Please help, Thanks in advance, Andrea What you described sounds more like a spreadsheet than an Access table...

Hyperlinks and e-mail
I want to be able to send an e-mail as a result of a vlookup. so if I have the name in Col A,the email address in Col B,the case number in Col C and the Vlookup formula on a different page I want to be able to lookup the name and also get the email hyperlink, with the case number included in the subject field. Then I need to automate that process with a Macro.......... Ade Hi not quite sure this is what you want but for mailing macros have a look at Ron's site: http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Ade wrote: > I want to be able to send a...

Save sheet copy with cell value name using a macro.
Good afternoon All, I need a VB statement to save a copy of the sheet i'm using (same were the macro is executed) with a cell value (EG cell "B2") of the workbook I'm using into a predefined path (EG "C:\"). If anybody can help me with this I'll be very glad. Leo. You want to save a sheet as a workbook with a name of the value in Range("B2") of the sheet? Sub Make_New_Book() Dim w As Worksheet Application.ScreenUpdating = False Application.DisplayAlerts = False ActiveSheet.Copy ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:="C:\...

Use if functions with dates
Apologies if this is a duplicate - I posted a question yesterday, forgot to ask for notification of replies, and I can't find my original question! I have a spreadsheet which, for each row, has a payment due date and a payment value. I then have a series of columns headed Sep-09, Oct-09, Nov-09 etc, and need to copy the payment value into the column for its relevant due month. I have tried using IF formulas but am struggling to make it work with dates. The due date can be any day of a month, and the actual date behind the column headings is 01/09/2009. I essentially need ...

Trial Version not working
I cant do anything in my trial version of Excel is that how its supposed to work? Thanks Why not? What do you try and what happens? Where and how did you get it? How did you install it? etc..Lots of questions *to you*! Please be more specific -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Melissa" <Melissa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9FEDDEA6-A8C2-4257-9B2D-0255F6CDF515@microsoft.com... |I cant do anything in my trial version of Excel is that how its supposed to | work? | | Thanks I downloaded the trial version from the microsoft page. I put...

how do i get the collate function to work?
I have not been able to get the collate function to work with this printer; either in Publisher or Word. I'm using a HP color inkjet printer cp1700. Any ideas? Thanks On Sun, 19 Feb 2006 04:03:07 +0000, Dogcatlady wrote (in article <38AA3CB6-8B28-4D30-BE11-AF08337048A9@microsoft.com>): > I have not been able to get the collate function to work with this printer; > either in Publisher or Word. I'm using a HP color inkjet printer cp1700. > Any ideas? > > Thanks > With all due respect, as you cannot get it to work in either Publisher or Word then th...

Email Functionality
Hi, In the help menu doc, it says the following Recipients of your e-mail will have the option of either requesting more information (thus becoming a lead) or requesting that they be removed from your e-mail list. Is this a built in feature or do i have to do some customisation in other to get this functionality. Has any one got further infomation on this. Kind Regards Abby ...

Replacing Xml nodes based on validation results
I am using a XmlValidatingReader to validate an xml against a xsd schema. What I would like to achieve is to "mark" each invalid node element with an attribute. The resultant xml is then passed to the next stage of the processing pipeline. Therefore, an xml fragment such as: <bk:book publisher="WROX"> <bk:title>XSLT Programmer's Reference</bk:title> <bk:author>Michael Kay</bk:author> <bk:publication-date>2001-04-30</bk:publication-date> <bk:quantity>11</bk:quantity> </bk:book> <bk:book publi...

Business Contact Manager reports won't work
I installed Outlook 2003 with BCM two weeks ago and cannot get the reports to work, if I try to run any of the reports under the "Business Tools" menu option, I get a message box the "The Report Cannot Be Generated. Try again later." Did a full reinstall, clean reboot, new profile...nothing works..has anybody seen this? no, my report generation works fine. Do you have opportunities created? Steve wrote: > I installed Outlook 2003 with BCM two weeks ago and cannot > get the reports to work, if I try to run any of the > reports under the "Business To...

Can you hyperlink to a hyperlink?
I'm am having trouble linking/referencing a cell that contains another hyperlink. There is a master list on one tab, that has hyperlinks to all documents listed. Our other tabs (within the same spreadsheet) contain the same information that is stored in the master list tab, but specific to a group. (i.e. a training tab, lists only the training documents) The idea is to maintain only the hyperlink on the master list page, but allow others to click of the hyperlink to a document on their specific group tab, and it would open the document. Originally, I just used the &q...

Rules Seem to Stop Working
I use Rules in Outlook 2003 SP2, to move messages into folders depending on sender and address to information. It seems lately that some of the rules fail to do requested task. If the problem lasts more that a couple days I create a new rule to complete the task. Any ideas what may be causing this. Could my file be getting too large. Properties show > 2 GB, but still show this after I deleted 1000's of messages. Thank you If your .pst file is almost 2 gigs and it is the older (ansi) format, = you need to do some serious maintenance right now. Compact your .pst = file after emp...

Mode function for text
Is there a function that will return the most frequently occurring text for a specified range of cells? I know that MODE will work for numeric values, but is there a MODEA that will do this for text values? Ed Ed Assuming data in B1:B20, this array formula will do the trick: =INDEX(B1:B20,MODE(MATCH(B1:B20,B1:B20,0))) Must be entered with <Shift><Ctrl><Enter> instead of <Enter>, also if edited later. If done correctly, Excel will display the formula in the formula bar enclosed by curly brackets { } Don't enter these brackets yourself. -- Best Regards L...

Exporting the results of a SQL statement to excel
Dear all,I'm trying to create a report that whn closing asks the user if theywish to create an Excel file based on the report data for futureimport into my database, (the data for reason to boring and endless togo into has to get external approval before being added hence thereport and the export/import routine). I have my sql statement andhave gotten as far:SQL01= "SELECT etc.......".Docmd.runsqlMy question is where to go from here, should docmd.runsql bedocmd.transferspreadsheet (in which case how do I reference my SQLstatement) or is there something else I need to do first ?TI...

Macro to shift all source data in a chart by one row or column?
Hello all, I have a spreadsheet which contains at least twenty years of data and twenty or thirty charts. Each year we update all of the charts to move the forecast period to the current year and the next five years. Because there is data well beyond the five year period, a dynamic range for the chart data would not work. Can anyone suggest if it is possible to write a macro which I can run on each chart to shift the source data for each series in the chart by one column or row to the right? Any suggestions would be gratefully received! Thanks in advance, Shan try this defined ...

Hyperlinks not hyperlinked in long messages
I am receiving a regular mail which contains many hyperlinks. It seems that, when the message exceeds a certain size, only the first hyperlinks work (colored blue and underlined), but they stop working somewhere in the last third of the message. I see this happening with messages with sizes of 129, 185, 210 KB. But on another message with 43KB all the hyperlinks work. (I can send the mentioned messages to someone willing to suggest a solution) I don't know if the problem has to do with the size of the message or the number of hyperlinks within. But if I break one of these messages i...

Hyperlinking images
I have a worksheet with several columns. One of the columns is entitled image which I've hyperlinked to image files. I thought that if I were to email this worksheet to someone else that my images would go along with it. Not happening. How do I set it up, so that the images are embedded on each row as a file name and if I email it to someone, all of the images are transferred also. I know it's a simple solution, but I'm not finding it. Thanks. You must either send all the image files along with the workbook or insert the images into the workbook. Sending ...

Change the formatting of row by select a single cell & Editing should be working #2
Hi All; I require such a sheet code which can help me in Changing the formatting of row (like A1:A25) of selected cell (A4 is Selected) and allow me to use editing (Cut, Copy, Paste, Undo etc). Currently I'm Using following code but this does not allow me to use editing (Cut, Copy, Paste, Undo etc) and I can not decide the range for working this sheet code. Any kind help is appreciated. Private Sub Search_Click() Sheets("Quick Search").Visible = True ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.Visible = False Sheets("Quick Search").Select End Sub Private Sub Workshe...