How to write a macro to hide an entire row

Hello guys,

I would like to write a macro that would hide an entire row if the cells
value in that column is equal to 0.
Someting like this:
   A  B  C
1         20000
2         0                   - if c2 = 0 then hide entire row
3         20000

Thank you for your help.

José

Hi,

Try this

Sub Hide_Me()
Set sht = Sheets("Sheet1") ' Change to suit
lastrow = sht.Cells(Cells.Rows.Count, "C").End(xlUp).Row
For x = lastrow To 1 Step -1
    If sht.Cells(x, 3).Value <> "" _
    And sht.Cells(x, 3).Value = 0 Then
        sht.Rows(x).Hidden = True
    End If
Next
End Sub

--
Mike

question.

"jimmy" wrote:

> Hello guys,
>
> I would like to write a macro that would hide an entire row if the cells
> value in that column is equal to 0.
> Someting like this:
>    A  B  C
> 1         20000
> 2         0                   - if c2 = 0 then hide entire row
> 3         20000
>

> Thank you for your help.
>
> José
Jimmy, heres another approach which could be used in any sheet to hide rows
with 0 or blank..

Sub HideRows()
Dim lngRow As Long, lngLastRow As Long

lngLastRow = ActiveSheet.Cells.Find(What:="*", _
SearchDirection:=xlPrevious, SearchOrder:=xlRows).Row

For lngRow = 1 To lngLastRow
If WorksheetFunction.CountIf(Rows(lngRow), 0) + _
WorksheetFunction.CountBlank(Rows(lngRow)) = _
Columns.Count Then Rows(lngRow).Hidden = True
Next

End Sub

--
Jacob (MVP - Excel)

"Mike H" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Try this
>
> Sub Hide_Me()
> Set sht = Sheets("Sheet1") ' Change to suit
> lastrow = sht.Cells(Cells.Rows.Count, "C").End(xlUp).Row
> For x = lastrow To 1 Step -1
>     If sht.Cells(x, 3).Value <> "" _
>     And sht.Cells(x, 3).Value = 0 Then
>         sht.Rows(x).Hidden = True
>     End If
> Next
> End Sub
>
> --
> Mike

> question.
>

> "jimmy" wrote:
>
> > Hello guys,
> >
> > I would like to write a macro that would hide an entire row if the cells
> > value in that column is equal to 0.
> > Someting like this:
> >    A  B  C
> > 1         20000
> > 2         0                   - if c2 = 0 then hide entire row
> > 3         20000
> >

> > Thank you for your help.
> >
> > José
Mike, sorry my post ended up as a response to your one..which was unintended

"Mike H" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Try this
>
> Sub Hide_Me()
> Set sht = Sheets("Sheet1") ' Change to suit
> lastrow = sht.Cells(Cells.Rows.Count, "C").End(xlUp).Row
> For x = lastrow To 1 Step -1
>     If sht.Cells(x, 3).Value <> "" _
>     And sht.Cells(x, 3).Value = 0 Then
>         sht.Rows(x).Hidden = True
>     End If
> Next
> End Sub
>
> --
> Mike

> question.
>

> "jimmy" wrote:
>
> > Hello guys,
> >
> > I would like to write a macro that would hide an entire row if the cells
> > value in that column is equal to 0.
> > Someting like this:
> >    A  B  C
> > 1         20000
> > 2         0                   - if c2 = 0 then hide entire row
> > 3         20000
> >

> > Thank you for your help.
> >
> > José
Jacob,

No worries. I would include a test for a blank cell in your code, the OP
seemed to be specific in wanting to hide rows with zero.

Mike
--
Mike

question.

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

> Mike, sorry my post ended up as a response to your one..which was unintended
>

> "Mike H" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Try this
> >
> > Sub Hide_Me()
> > Set sht = Sheets("Sheet1") ' Change to suit
> > lastrow = sht.Cells(Cells.Rows.Count, "C").End(xlUp).Row
> > For x = lastrow To 1 Step -1
> >     If sht.Cells(x, 3).Value <> "" _
> >     And sht.Cells(x, 3).Value = 0 Then
> >         sht.Rows(x).Hidden = True
> >     End If
> > Next
> > End Sub
> >
> > --
> > Mike
> >
> > When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that
> > introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the
> > question.
> >

> > "jimmy" wrote:
> >
> > > Hello guys,
> > >
> > > I would like to write a macro that would hide an entire row if the cells
> > > value in that column is equal to 0.
> > > Someting like this:
> > >    A  B  C
> > > 1         20000
> > > 2         0                   - if c2 = 0 then hide entire row
> > > 3         20000
> > >

> > > Thank you for your help.
> > >
> > > José
OOPS,

Forgot, congratulations on being appointed MVP, well done and well deserved.
--
Mike

question.

"Mike H" wrote:

> Jacob,
>
> No worries. I would include a test for a blank cell in your code, the OP
> seemed to be specific in wanting to hide rows with zero.
>
> Mike
> --
> Mike

> question.
>

> "Jacob Skaria" wrote:
>
> > Mike, sorry my post ended up as a response to your one..which was unintended
> >

> > "Mike H" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Try this
> > >
> > > Sub Hide_Me()
> > > Set sht = Sheets("Sheet1") ' Change to suit
> > > lastrow = sht.Cells(Cells.Rows.Count, "C").End(xlUp).Row
> > > For x = lastrow To 1 Step -1
> > >     If sht.Cells(x, 3).Value <> "" _
> > >     And sht.Cells(x, 3).Value = 0 Then
> > >         sht.Rows(x).Hidden = True
> > >     End If
> > > Next
> > > End Sub
> > >
> > > --
> > > Mike
> > >
> > > When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that
> > > introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the
> > > question.

Thanks. I understand the OP is only looking for zeroes.

"Mike H" wrote:

> Jacob,
>
> No worries. I would include a test for a blank cell in your code, the OP
> seemed to be specific in wanting to hide rows with zero.
>
> Mike
> --
> Mike

> question.
>

> "Jacob Skaria" wrote:
>
> > Mike, sorry my post ended up as a response to your one..which was unintended
> >

> > "Mike H" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Try this
> > >
> > > Sub Hide_Me()
> > > Set sht = Sheets("Sheet1") ' Change to suit
> > > lastrow = sht.Cells(Cells.Rows.Count, "C").End(xlUp).Row
> > > For x = lastrow To 1 Step -1
> > >     If sht.Cells(x, 3).Value <> "" _
> > >     And sht.Cells(x, 3).Value = 0 Then
> > >         sht.Rows(x).Hidden = True
> > >     End If
> > > Next
> > > End Sub
> > >
> > > --
> > > Mike
> > >
> > > When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that
> > > introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the
> > > question.

Thank you JAcob for your help.
Jimmy

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

> Jimmy, heres another approach which could be used in any sheet to hide rows
> with 0 or blank..
>
> Sub HideRows()
> Dim lngRow As Long, lngLastRow As Long
>
> lngLastRow = ActiveSheet.Cells.Find(What:="*", _
> SearchDirection:=xlPrevious, SearchOrder:=xlRows).Row
>
> For lngRow = 1 To lngLastRow
> If WorksheetFunction.CountIf(Rows(lngRow), 0) + _
> WorksheetFunction.CountBlank(Rows(lngRow)) = _
> Columns.Count Then Rows(lngRow).Hidden = True
> Next
>
> End Sub
>
> --
> Jacob (MVP - Excel)
>

> "Mike H" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Try this
> >
> > Sub Hide_Me()
> > Set sht = Sheets("Sheet1") ' Change to suit
> > lastrow = sht.Cells(Cells.Rows.Count, "C").End(xlUp).Row
> > For x = lastrow To 1 Step -1
> >     If sht.Cells(x, 3).Value <> "" _
> >     And sht.Cells(x, 3).Value = 0 Then
> >         sht.Rows(x).Hidden = True
> >     End If
> > Next
> > End Sub
> >
> > --
> > Mike
> >
> > When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that
> > introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the
> > question.
> >

> > "jimmy" wrote:
> >
> > > Hello guys,
> > >
> > > I would like to write a macro that would hide an entire row if the cells
> > > value in that column is equal to 0.
> > > Someting like this:
> > >    A  B  C
> > > 1         20000
> > > 2         0                   - if c2 = 0 then hide entire row
> > > 3         20000
> > >

> > > Thank you for your help.
> > >
> > > José
Thank you mike for your help.
Jimmy

"Mike H" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Try this
>
> Sub Hide_Me()
> Set sht = Sheets("Sheet1") ' Change to suit
> lastrow = sht.Cells(Cells.Rows.Count, "C").End(xlUp).Row
> For x = lastrow To 1 Step -1
>     If sht.Cells(x, 3).Value <> "" _
>     And sht.Cells(x, 3).Value = 0 Then
>         sht.Rows(x).Hidden = True
>     End If
> Next
> End Sub
>
> --
> Mike

> question.
>

> "jimmy" wrote:
>
> > Hello guys,
> >
> > I would like to write a macro that would hide an entire row if the cells
> > value in that column is equal to 0.
> > Someting like this:
> >    A  B  C
> > 1         20000
> > 2         0                   - if c2 = 0 then hide entire row
> > 3         20000
> >

> > Thank you for your help.
> >
> > José
  Your mistake, as a result of the butterfly effect, is what caused the
entire known universe to collapse on 12-21-2012

  Heheheheh       :-)

 I came back in time to make this post.

 It is already too late to do anything about it...

  SYHBYLAKYAG

(Stick Your Head Between Your Legs And Kiss Your Ass Goodbye)

On Wed, 14 Apr 2010 02:41:01 -0700, Jacob Skaria
<JacobSkaria@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Mike, sorry my post ended up as a response to your one..which was unintended
>

>"Mike H" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Try this
>>
>> Sub Hide_Me()
>> Set sht = Sheets("Sheet1") ' Change to suit
>> lastrow = sht.Cells(Cells.Rows.Count, "C").End(xlUp).Row
>> For x = lastrow To 1 Step -1
>>     If sht.Cells(x, 3).Value <> "" _
>>     And sht.Cells(x, 3).Value = 0 Then
>>         sht.Rows(x).Hidden = True
>>     End If
>> Next
>> End Sub
>>
>> --
>> Mike
>>
>> When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that
>> introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the
>> question.
>>

>> "jimmy" wrote:
>>
>> > Hello guys,
>> >
>> > I would like to write a macro that would hide an entire row if the cells
>> > value in that column is equal to 0.
>> > Someting like this:
>> >    A  B  C
>> > 1         20000
>> > 2         0                   - if c2 = 0 then hide entire row
>> > 3         20000
>> >

>> > Thank you for your help.
>> >
>> > Jos´┐Ż
0
Copacetic

Help: Macro that runs various if statements, inserting rows etc
I am a newcomer to Macros and excel programming and was hoping someone could assist / provide the code to do the following: I have a +50,000 line spreadsheet, that needs to be formatted. Given the size I would like to automate this. There are 3 key formatting changes required and detailed below: n = 1 1. If Cell A(n) not equal Cell A(n+1) then insert a new row below A(n), make Cell F(insertedrow)=1, make Cell G(insertedrow)=A(n+1), make Cell H(insertedrow)=B(n+1) 2. If Cell C(n) not equal Cell C(n+1) then insert a new row below C(n), make Cell F(insertedrow)=2, make Cell G(inserte...

Macro Help- combining "CS" files
Below is the macro I have to go to a certain file and combine all spreadsheets. I did not write this macro myself. I just received it and modified it to work for my situation. When this maco is run it gets to the first file and says I cannot change a read only file and says I must unprotect the worksheet. This sheet is not protected but I really only want to copy the info on it anyway. Is there a way to modify this macro to copy the information. I could save all of the "CS" files as new files but that would defeat the purpose of automating this job Any help is greatly a...

Is there a way for Windows Service to Read/Write HKCU Reg key ?
Hi: I'm writing a Windows Service program which needs to read/write the HKEY_CURRENT_USER registry key for the current logged on user. I know that for a Windows service does not have concept of HKCU since it is always running in SYSTEM's context. But is there a way (trick?) for a service to access the HKCU registry key? Thanks In Advance ! Polaris Hello Try, from a user application (the one that is logged on, or the current user), to send the services the user's SID. Then access the HKCU through HKEY_USERS\users_sid\............ Hope that helps, Elias "Polaris&qu...

Deleting shortcut key In Recording new Macros dialog box
I have recorded several new Macros and I am running out of shortcut key letters to put into the shortcut key box within the Record a new Macro dialog box. How could I delete the shortcut keys that I have already used to reuse again to record new Macros? One way: Choose Tools/Macro/Macros... Select a macro for which you want to delete the shortcut. Click Options... Clear the shortcut key input box. Click OK, then Cancel. In article <9DC795B4-1EBE-4685-94DF-CD79ABEAF45D@microsoft.com>, John <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have recorded several new Macros ...

Write
I am trying to change the default margins. I am requested to use the Write mode to do this. What is Write, and how do I access it? Are you using voice recognition? Margins are simply changed in the Arrange Menu in Publisher. Are you in the right newsgroup? -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "CBC" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:183bb01c44a40$107bd5d0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I am trying to change the default margins. I am requested > to use the Write mode to do this. W...

Excel Macro #2
I need to create an Excel Macro tha will import a series of txt files, one below the other, automatically. The macro will be run every two weeks and each txt file will have additional rows. What I want to know is how to automatically position the curson to the next open cell in column A after the previous txt file was imported. Can anyone help? Range("A1").Offset(ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count, 0).Select Dan E "Robert Blankenhorn" <Blankenhorn.B@cpcnet.co.richland.oh.us> wrote in message news:05ab01c35dc3$99bb7130$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I need to creat...

Writing formula for excel worksheet
Item Rate1 Rate2 Rate3 A 3 4 6 B 8 5 23 C 56 5 78 Above is my excel sheet. I want to write some formula so that in every row cell having minimum rate should come bold. Like For Item A - Rate1(3) for Item B - Rate2(5) For Item C - Rate2 (5) There may be a neater way but this works. Somewhere in you sheet in a cell type =min(A1:a4), I used L1 Change this to watever range you are trying to evaluate. Then select this range and click format - conditional format - cell value - is equal to =($L$1) and apply your bold font. The lowest value in the range will then become bold. Mike "Gaur...

Keyboard Macro Just Copies Content of Previous Cell
I created a simple keyboard macro to edit the contents of a cell by simply inserting a "b" in a particular position. For example, I have a series of alphanumeric numbers that start with S1253, e.g., S12536675. I wanted to insert a "b" after the first five digits on the left to revise the series of alphanumeric numbers to start with S1253b, e.g..S1253b6675. However, after creating the keyboard macro, when I run the macro on the next cell to be edited (i.e., S12536676), the macro simply copies the contents of the original cell that I edited when I first created the ...

write protect/write redirect/kios mode
Hey, I LOVE snapshots in virtualmachines and think it would be awesome to have something like this for my main windows install. Anyone know of any hardware/software to redirect writes to another drive/file/memory/hardware? Or hardware to write protect a drive for kios's (i found some once befor the reverted all changes on shutdown, but cant find it anymore ><) I know VSS(virtual shadow copy service) has a function to redirect on write and wondering if i might be able to use that :/ It will just make everything cleaner, and give alot of flexiblity to setting up ...

XL2003 format of row- and column headers
Hello, how can I change the font of the headers of rows and columns in a sheet? Thanks for any help Wolfgang On Oct 3, 3:26=A0am, "Dr. Wolfgang Hintze" <w...@snafu.de> wrote: > Hello, > > how can I change the font of the headers of rows and columns in a > sheet? > > Thanks for any help > > Wolfgang Format > Style... > Normal > Modify ...

Slow down SendKeys macro
Hello, I have a macro that sends several sendkey commands to modify some settings within a printer's print settings dialog box. The problem is that the macro seems to be too fast for the application at times, and the keys are sent before the application is at the place it needs to be. If I print the macro and key the sequence in by hand it works perfectly. I would like to add a quarter second delay between all the keys that are pressed in the sequence if possible. I've examined some loop commands, but they have resulted in much more agony than help. Any idea on how to keep the macro...

Cannot write to memory location
I can not (all of the sudden) run Publisher in the last week. When starting to run it, I get that it cannot write to a certain memory locaiton, so it is shutting down. I need to get this program working. I have read through this forum and tried the different fixes as well as the knowledge base (emptied the temp file, disabled anti-virus, etc.) but it still won't work. An example is: "The instruction at "0x77f585c0" referenced memory at "0x00000000". the memory could not be "written". Click on OK to terminate the program." The header read...

Help with Converting Rows to Column
I have Excel 97 and have a huge text list of 1000 or so companies tha need to look like a professional spreadsheet: Here is an example of th problem I have, when I paste the large text file in to Excel, this i what I get: A B Name: Target Contact Names: Greg, Pam Established: 1997 Name: CISCO Contact Name: Fred Established: 1941 Now how could I make this list, look something like A B C Name Contact Names Established Target Greg, Pam 1997 CIS...

enable Macro
I have a word document with several macros . I have to enable them every time i use the word doc is there a way i can stop the enable pop up without lowering the security settings. any help would be great thanks phill --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Phil This is an Excel News Group, but check out Help in Word under Answer Wizard and "certificates". Check out "create self-signed certificates" using the SELFCERT feature of MS Office. Same for Excel and Word. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 18:45:36 -0500, philthedil <<philthedil.1b...

Macro to move file
Is there a way to use a macro in a workbook to move a file from one folder to another folder by copying it? I tried to record a macro to do it but nothing shows up in the VB editor. Thanks Dave Hi Dave Try the following? Sub SaveCopy() ChDir "C:\Documents and Settings\{Enter new Directory name here}" ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:= _ "C:\Documents and Settings\{Enter new directory and file name here}, FileFormat:=xlNormal, Password:="", WriteResPassword:="", _ ReadOnlyRecommended:=False, CreateBackup:=False End Sub This is th...

how do i write checkbox to.....
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------050607000103070200020407 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit how do i write checkbox1 boolean to xml in vb6 i can only do cstr( checkbox1.value) but in vb.net can't write to xml. i am doing irc chat similar to mirc or pirch chat. rw.WriteConfigInfo("User Modes", chkInvisible.Text, chkInvisible.Checked, "PirateChat.xml") in procedure events: ' Both the Key and the Value are filled ' Find the key ...

Macro does not finish
This macro stopped working on the "03" sheet it worked on the two sheets before. The Range "B1" in both sheets are a date the first sheet holds "01/08/09" the first of the month. the second sheet hold the date "31/08/09" the last day of the month. All the sheets in between are day numbers "01" - "31". It worked before when I put the start date as 2009,08,01 and the end date as 2009,08,31 Sub UnProtect_All_Sheets() ' Thanks to Dave Peterson for the below code. Dim StartDate As Date Dim EndDate As Date Dim dCtr As...

Moving rows to other sheets
I was wondering if anyone could be of assistance with my dilemma. I want to run a macro that does the following: Sheet 1 has records with column headers such as name, address, and date. If the date field is populated with a date, I want to take the entire row and move it to Sheet 2, then delete the source row in Sheet 1. However, if the date field is populated by a word such as "Dead Deal" I want to take the entire row and move it to Sheet 3, then delete the source row in Sheet 1. Thanks in advance. Edwin Assuming you are only looking for a way to distingush between the two re...

Write access to a LDAP server.
Is there any way to enable write access in Outlook to my LDAP server? The LDAP server allows this functionality, Outlook doesn't. Any plugins that can do this? Thanks. Derek ...

Macro for resizing of columns?
Is it possible to use a macro that will resize the columns? What I mean by this is basically I want a macro that can act as if the divider between column A and column B was double clicked, thus resizing Column A to the size of the largest cell in the column. Is this possible? If so, anyone able to help me out? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Matt MatthewTap Wrote: > Is it possible to use a macro that will resize the columns? > > What I mean by this is basically I want a macro that can act as if the > divider between column A and column B was double clicked,...

Writing a macro in Outlook 2007
Hello - I have been trying to create code in Outlook 2007 that will send an item to a specific printer. I realize there is no macro recorder in Outlook, and I am not a programmer, so I've been trying to manipulate code found on a Microsoft support page, without success. Does anyone know the code required to send an item to a specific printer, other than the default? Here is a sample of what I've found - it includes resetting the default printer: Sub MAIN 'Retrieve and set information about the current default printer Dim FPS As FilePrintSetup GetCurValues FPS ...

Macro for shared workbook
Hi, i have a shared workbook. I want to work with another user, at the same time. But if i enter some datas on the same row as the other user, i receive an error. I need a macro to move my datas to next row if the other user has filled this row with datas. Can this be done? Thanks! ...

delete row based on value of ...
using a macro to delete a row. how can i delete a row if the value of a cell is 0 or less... Column A has an item number Column B has quantities, from a negative number, 0, and positive numbers if a cell in Column B is 0 or lower, the row will be deleted. i can delete rows using F5, Special, Blanks, delete row..., so i am hoping for somthing like that where i can record a macro to work with. thank you, jat Hi, Type the following formula =1/(A1>0) in a blank column on the first row of your data. Copy it down. All rows with DIV/0 will be marked for deletion. Highlight all the ...

HELP!!! I need macro to autofill
Hello...I need a macro to autofill a formula as long as there is data in Col A. My problem is that I have totals data in Row 51 so I need the autofill go no farther down than row 50. The first cell to have data is A4. The last row in Col A to have data varies but always ends somewhere before A51. The formulas to be autofilled are in B4:I4. The current macro below fills all the way down to A51 because totals data resides in A51 which is incorrect for my needs. The macro I have now is below. How can it be changed so it doesn't look all the way to the end of the WS for data in C...

MULTI STORE ORDER WRITING-SIMPLIFY
Hi- We have 7 stores and need to simplify the order writing process. Is there any way to write POs for all of our stores without having to do each order separately? We would like for all orders to come up with the items we want to order, being able to change the quantities according to the store. Thank you in advance for your help. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0599_01C6CAFF.B4705610 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable J, Have you tried the 340 PO Planner worksheet? --=20 * Get Secure! - ...