How to retrieve value from specific cell value?

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to retrieve value from specific cell
value with specific worksheet?
I would like to create a if-statement within macro,
If specific cell within specific worksheet = 1 then
process following code
End If
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Eric

hi
If Sheets("sheet1").Range("A1") = 1 Then
MsgBox "run code"
Else
MsgBox "skip code"
End If

regards
FSt1

"Eric" wrote:

> Does anyone have any suggestions on how to retrieve value from specific cell
> value with specific worksheet?
> I would like to create a if-statement within macro,
> If specific cell within specific worksheet = 1 then
> process following code
> End If
> Does anyone have any suggestions?
> Thanks in advance for any suggestions
> Eric

How to retrieve the string from dialog box
Hi All, Does anyone know how to retrieve a string in IDC_STATIC on a dialog box? I have to print out a report with an application version at the bottom line for users to be aware of it in my application. I don't know how to retrieve the string in IDC_STATIC control on a dialog box. It would be very nice that someone let me know how to do that without calling the dialog box. TIA Hwasoo Lee Back 9 wrote: > Hi All, > > Does anyone know how to retrieve a string in IDC_STATIC on a dialog box? > I have to print out a report with an application version at the bottom line &g...

changing colour cell and text by clicking cell
Hi. In a worksheet i have in cells O22::X44 numbers from 1 to 9. Now i what that when i click one of these cells that the cell colour changes to red and the text changes to white Is this possible? Hannes On Mar 16, 5:41=A0am, "hannes" <frans...@home.nl> wrote: > Hi. > > In a worksheet i have in cells O22::X44 numbers from 1 to 9. =A0Now i wha= t > that when i click one of these cells that the cell colour changes to red = and > the text changes to white > Is this possible? > > Hannes It is possible but when do you want that to occur? When the num...

Unlinked Chart Treats Time Axis As Value
I have a series of charts in separate workbooks, all with a time X-axis. For distribution, I copy just the charts - not the underlying data - to a new workbook. All looks good until I come to open the new workbook, when I find that the Y-axis has migrated from outside left to inside right, and buggered up the alignment with a second chart on the same sheet. When I look at the properties of the X-axis, I find that it's no longer a time axis, but a value axis; and that, instead of the Y-axis crossing at 8/1/2004, it now crosses at 27338 - even though the X-axis is still formatted as a date. ...

DTPicker: Incrementing Time Value
I have a form with the following DTpicker's InterviewStart (format= "mm/dd/yyyy HH:mm") InterviewEnd (format= "mm/dd/yyyy HH:mm") When the user inserts a record, the InterviewStart field updates to Now(). I would like to set the default value of InterviewEnd to be 1.5 hours from Now(). How does the VBA code look in order to accomplish this? TIA! Hi Brandon, You might try something like: Me.InterviewEnd = DateAdd("h", 1.5, Now()) or Me.InterviewEnd = DateAdd("h", 1.5, Me.InterviewStart Hope that helps... "Bran...

Limiting processing power for a specific query
I have a query (within an SSRS report) that does some very complex calculations across a large amount of data. This report takes a considerable amount of time to run (around 5 minutes). The amount of time is not the problem. The problem is that the SQL Server ends up being completely bogged down while this report runs and for a while afterwards as well. The other users (100+) that are accessing the database through my application are pretty much unable to use the system because the server's CPU usage is up around 100% until the report is finished. I was wondering if someone c...

Pasting Values
Hi, I have developed a quoting tool which creates an output sheet detailing all the info, What I would like to be able to do is take a copy of this and paste the values (and Format to a new workbook). I'm currently doing this manually and I unsure how to automate it! I have never used VB which I'm guessing is the only way of doing it, so please be gentle!! Thanks, Sam. -- sammy2x ------------------------------------------------------------------------ sammy2x's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29674 View this thread: http://www.excelf...

retrieve an AVERAGE of a range using VLOOKUP to locate start/end d
Can I calculate the average of a range based on VLOOKUP? In other words, can I get Excel to "look up" the respective START / END dates of an investment position listed in Sheet 1 and then go and locate those 2 distinct cell values in in a different sheet (Sheet 2) utilizing VLOOKUP function and then return the calculated AVERAGE of the cells within that range back into Sheet 1? Appreciate any thoughts if doable in Excel in any way? tAKE A LOOK AT AverageIFS and see if that does what you want. If it were me, I'd probably enter the formula manually, record the resu...

#VALUE! Occuring in formula result
I have a formula in cell A1: =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(B9,ALL!A6:E1091,5,FALSE)=TRUE),"",VLOOKUP(B9,ALL!A6:E1091,5,FALSE)) I used this formula to eliminate the #N/A that would appear if no value is found in the vlookup. The result in A1 was #N/A, but now it is blank due to ISNA formula. However, now if I add cell A1 with others cells. =SUM(A1:A10), it returns #VALUE!. The blank cell as a result of the ISNA formula is causing this cell not to add. Please help.....Thanks, Richard --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Use a zero instead of "". -- Kind Reg...

That old #VALUE! problem
I have made up a spreadsheet that has lots of cells with IF formulas but I want the result of those cells to add up as a total. However, no matter how I try, the total cell keeps coming out with the dreaded #VALUE!. All the IF formulas are fine and work well but I need them all to add up but show nothing in the cell unless there is a value worked out in the original IF cells. Hope that's clear and that someone can help. I am using OFFICE2000. Nick What exactly is your formula? If you don't show us the formula that creates the problem we can't identify the problem, Any...

ctl.Text --vs-- ctl.Value
For Each ctl In Me.Section(acHeader).Controls --code-- Next ctl For an unbound textbox control in the header section of my form... ctl.Text stores "100" which is what I typed ctl.Value is null Why? What is the difference in these properties? -- Regards, John You will very rarely if ever need to use .text in your code. you'll often see some amateurs write the following code me.MyTextBox.SetFocus msgbox "the value is " & me.MytextBox.Text The problem is with the use of the dot text property, it is only valid and legal to use while the control has the foc...

Adding value to drop down list
I have a drop down list that functions using codes to determine a rat of pay by the hour. However, a couple of times a year, the payrol people pay lump sum payments that can vary. Is there a way to write drop down list with a "blank" so that the user's own data (amount to b paid) of an amount not specified in the drop down list can be added i by the user? Thanks for any advice in advance -- ne ----------------------------------------------------------------------- neb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1759 View this thread: http:/...

VBA issue : Display a specific page
Hi, I need to open a Visio document and display for the user a specific page. What I've tried : Dim my_visio as New Visio.Application set docObj=my_visio.documents.open("my_file.vsd") set pagesObj=docObj.pages for index =1 to max_pages set specificPageObj=pagesObj.item(index) if specificPageObj.name="page_i_want_to_display" then !!!!! my problem is there !!!!!!! end if next index The VBA code is working, I browse all the pages of the document and identify the target one. I can even drop object and do everithing I want on this page. But how can I man...

Deleting Cells Option doesn't appear
I have a workbook with several tabs. Each sheet has command buttons and macros -- but the format is identical. I want to delete a few cells (not rows, just cells) On some of the tabs, I can select the cells, Edit / Delete / Shift Up However, on some of the tabs, I can select the cells and I only get the option to "Delete Row". I have compared the Options and other settings, and can't find what would be doing this. Any ideas Nevermind -- I finally found it -- I had a Filter that was on. Apparently, even if the filter is not in the area that you want to delete, it still ...

Mapping estimated value to totalamount
Hi, I define a map between opportunity estimated revenue and quote totalamount. I set the estimated revenue to be user provided and write a value by hand. The value is not carried to the totalamount field of the quote when I add a related quote. Instead it is calculated from the amount fields of the quote products. Is the totalamount field always system calculated, cannot we override it with the value in the estimated revenue? Thanks, Bilge Gul "b_gul_t" <bgult@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:840D5F58-34E8-4639-9A8C-C0508D9C9686@microsoft.com... > ...

Add "pad" space to text in cell?
Is it possible to "pad" the text in a cell with added space before and/or after the text? I have Wrapping turned on. With AutoFit, the top and bottom cell edges come right up to the text; I'd like a little white space between the text and the top and bottom edges, but without having to manually adjust all the rows individually. Is this possible? Ed Maybe you could add an alt-enter before the text and another alt-enter at the end. If your cells are formulas, you can use =char(10)&"yourformula"&char(10) Ed wrote: > > Is it possible to "pad&q...

Cell Formula
I need an Excel 2003 formula: If the first cell contains the letter Y then a second cell will display a name contained in a third cell - The second cell needs the formula. "Mike H" wrote: > I need an Excel 2003 formula: If the first cell contains > the letter Y then a second cell will display a name > contained in a third cell - The second cell needs the > formula. If "Y" will be the entire cell value, then in the second cell (A1 and A3 represent the first and third cells): =if(A1="Y", C1, "") Note that this returns the n...

Retrieve mouse position
Hi, I am writing an app in which I need to retrieve the mouse coordinates even when it mouse is outside the main frame. How do I do it? Thanks! xg >Hi, I am writing an app in which I need to retrieve the mouse coordinates >even when it mouse is outside the main frame. How do I do it? Thanks! Have you tried calling GetCursorPos? If you want to know when the mouse is moving I think you'll need to use a hook - have a look at SetWindowsHookEx WH_MOUSE. Dave IN addition to David's answer, you have not stated the problem you are trying to solve. For examp...

Value Entered Isn't Valid...Error
I have a cbo ShopName on my subform which is populated by ltblShop. The cbo displays the Name, but is bound by the ShopID. If the user doesn't enter a value, I want a msgbox to open confirming this and then entering "None", which is an item in my ltblShop. Admittedly, the idea of having a tbl for Shops which then has a "None" entry which isn't a shop feels wrong but seemed to be the most expedient at the time and easiest for such the novice that I am. The code for this upon entering and exiting that control seems to work fine. The box opens upon a...

I am trying to sort but it says the merged cells must be the same.
When I try to sort my spreadsheet a box comes up that says "This operation requires the merged cells to be identically sized" I have no merged cells in the speadsheet and all the cells are exactly the same size so I am not sure what is going on. If anyone has any ideas please let me know! Thanks Do the following: CTRL A CTRL O followed by E You should now be in the Format Cells menu. Select alignment and uncheck the "Merge cells" block. You may have to click it twice to clear it. Click okay, then try your sort again. >-----Original Message----- >When I try to...

vlookup for words content when there are duplicate values
Hi, Can somebody help me here. Thanks in advance. When I vlookup Material 1 to Material 2 for the Project No, I get the vlookup Project No. as 222-56 for all the duplicate Material values. How formula to use so that when there are duplicate values in Material2, I want to have vlookup searching to match Project No. containg "AA" as 1st choice ? (if no Project No. containing "AA", then looks for its content "AB" and subsequently looks for "AC" if there is no "AB"). ColumnA ColumnB ColumnC Material 2 Duplicate? Project No. 224410 duplica...

Retrieving messages
Help, I mistakenly restored all the defaults on Outlook (the computer did not crash) losing all the messages and address book. I have had to set up the application from scratch entering account details etc. Question is: are all the messages and contacts still held on the computer even the program needs to be set up again and, if so, how do I retrieve them. Any assistance greatly appreciated. Thanks. P89 If you made a backup of your system or My Documents, search for a file called Outlook.pst. If you have that you can import all the information. Al "peterson89" <peterson...

How can a value be converted to words
Is there a fromula if I have a total i.e. 123 to be converted in words i.e. One hundrd and twenty three automatically. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;213360 or http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html tj "Azar" wrote: > Is there a fromula if I have a total i.e. 123 to be converted in words i.e. > One hundrd and twenty three automatically. ...

Averaging cells not connected
Iam somewhat new to Excell 2003. I've just learned how to average cells (& ignore zeros) that are connected, either row to row, or coloumb to coloumb. I need to know how to average cells (& ignore zeros or blank cells) that is a mix of connected cell and others that are not connected.....like; B5 C5 D5 B10 C10 D10 this format continues for several more rows. Not sure if I'll find this help screen again. If you don't mined, would you also email the results to: cusjan@yahoo.com Thanks. Try: =AVERAGE(IF(B5:D5<>0,B5:D5),IF(B10:D10<>0,...

Retrieving comment using range name
I have singular cells in different places referenced by their range names. Is there a way to get the comments corresponding to the referenced ranges (singular cells)? Thanks in advance, Tomek Set testrng = Range("A3:A4", "C3:C4") comment1 = testrng(1).Comment.Text .... commentn = testrng(n).Comment.Text Stefi „topola” ezt írta: > I have singular cells in different places referenced by their range > names. Is there a way to get the comments corresponding to the > referenced ranges (singular cells)? > Thanks in advance, > Tomek > > did yo...

Retrieving lost messages after Synchronization in Outlook Express
Setup for my hotmail messages to be downloaded to Outlook Express. When tried to connect to see an old message, didn't realize that it was setup to auto synch. My messages were deleted from hotmail, and are now lost on Outlook Express after synching. Is there anyway to retrieve the lost messages from Outlook Express? I really needed some of the items in there, and had downloaded them so they wouldn't be lost. Thanks! ...