How to copy ActiveX Controls which are locked on a sheet

I have a couple buttons and a CheckBox on a row; all are ActiveX Controls.
I’m trying to insert a row (lots of other things going on below) and then
copy/paste the row above into the current (ActiveCell) row.  I want to bring
in the RadioButtons and the CheckBoxes down one row.  It seems to work when I
am in design mode, but when I get out of design mode, the controls are
locked.  Actually, this is what I want (I don’t want users moving controls
around on the sheet).  I don’t know if I can programmatically get into Design
Mode, that’s the problem.  Or, I’d be happy to use Form Controls, but they
would have to be locked down on the sheet.

How can this be done in code?
Thanks!

--
Ryan---

For anyone who is interested, I found a solution here:
http://www.ozgrid.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51508

--
Ryan---

"ryguy7272" wrote:

> I have a couple buttons and a CheckBox on a row; all are ActiveX Controls.
> I’m trying to insert a row (lots of other things going on below) and then
> copy/paste the row above into the current (ActiveCell) row.  I want to bring
> in the RadioButtons and the CheckBoxes down one row.  It seems to work when I
> am in design mode, but when I get out of design mode, the controls are
> locked.  Actually, this is what I want (I don’t want users moving controls
> around on the sheet).  I don’t know if I can programmatically get into Design
> Mode, that’s the problem.  Or, I’d be happy to use Form Controls, but they
> would have to be locked down on the sheet.
>
> How can this be done in code?
> Thanks!
>

> --
> Ryan---
> If this information was helpful, please indicate this by clicking ''Yes''.

Send This Sheet feature
hello, is there a way to have the TO: field, <when using the send this sheet feature> to automatically be filled in based on the email address in a field on the spreadsheet? i have up to 15 sheets in the workbook and when i click on a different sheet, i want the email address for that specific sheet. if it will help, i'm using outlook express 6 and excel 2000. thank you indera ...

How to extract the same data from different sheets
Hi, I need to extract the common and same data from four different sheets into one sheet. Could you please let me know how to do it? I can use VLOOKUP, but I need to generate one temperary sheet for any two sheets. And based on these temperary sheets, I need to use VLOOKUP to generate other temperary sheets. And then finally I could get the last result. Too complex. THanks. --Kening Can you say more about the structure of your data, how you are identifying "common and same data" and why you need all those temporary sheets to use VLOOKUP? Jerry program_info@yahoo.com wrote: ...

A client can't see the area she is highlighting on an excel sheet
A client I am supporting cannot see the area she is highlighting on her excel spreadsheet. It only shows up when she clicks on print preview. How does she fix this?...I have a feeling maybe her field shading in excel is the same colour as the highlighting colour of the mouse. Hi, It could be the letter color being the same as the highlighting color, go to the cell, right click on the mouse, format cells, font, see what color she have there, if the highlight color is very dark change it to white "Baercubs" wrote: > A client I am supporting cannot see the area s...

How do I reuse label sheets when I don't use the whole page?
I need a way to print only 2-3 labels at a time, but not waste the whole sheet of labels. Any ideas? I have tried every option in Access that I can find. Ralph, Yes it can easily be done. If you google you will find lots of examples showing you how this can be done. Below is one link http://books.google.ca/books?id=IDxCIGNjNTYC&pg=PA159&lpg=PA159&dq=ms+access+vba+skip+label&source=bl&ots=phQIJ4ahfz&sig=l66-wBJVYdq4NZP4i806iB4iTdg&hl=en&ei=4HXYSoqXBJSk8Aaas4m3BQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=8&ved=0CCIQ6AEwBw#v=onepage&...

ActiveX Control #3
I have created an activeX in VC++ 6.0. Have done something terribly wrong and when I view the type library in OLE/COM Object Viewer , there are three copies of the activeX and two of them have wrong IDs for Methods and properties. Not sure how to delete these entries. I tried deleting it in the registry and that did not work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. M Fix the ODL file that VC++ generates for your project. I have found that sometimes that ODL file gets messed up. I have never figured out why, but backups are my best friend such situations. -Atul, Sky Software http://www...

Copy a column and paste to another tab to save the data for each m
How can I copy a column B10:B70 a spread sheet have 60 rows of calculation and I want to I click save button it will copy and paste just a value to separate tab name Estimate for each month . It need to check on cell B6 if it a month 1 or 2 or 3....to 12 so it will copy and paste data to a correct column for each month. thanks Liem Pho If desired, send your file to my address below. I will only look if: 1. You send a copy of this message on an inserted sheet 2. You give me the newsgroup and the subject line 3. You send a clear explanation of what you...

Register ActiveX EXE
How do I register ActiveX EXEs that I have moved from one PC to another? I do not want to have to recompile them every time. I tried creating the .reg file that usually registers .dll but that does not work. I am on Vista. If I double-click the .reg file it says it is doing it. But then when I right-click on the ActiveX EXE i do not see a menu item for the .reg. yes, because one is for .ocx and the other for .dll but i have none for .exe Vista has a menu item to register the .exe but when I try that it opens a dialog to select the main program that uses the ActiveX Exe. I s...

VB Control Positioning in MS Word
Hello I have developed a control in VB 6 that works in MS Word. This control needs to appear next to my cursor position as I type. If I provide hard coded coordinates, I can manage the control position, but I need it to be dynamic, irrespective of the number of toolbars open in MS Word and MS Word's version. Thanks in advance for the help. Tahir ...

copy selected rows to second worksheet (NOT Cut + Paste)
I am trying to create a simple tool log that also incorporates a sign in/out sheet as a second worksheet. What I want is to be able to select (not using cut + paste) several rows and by simply being selected on "tool list" worksheet, temporarly copied into "sign_in" and "sign_out" worksheets. I need the data selected from sheet 1 "tools list" to fill rows (starting at 20) of the next 2 sheets, and then end user simply prints needed sheet, for employee to sign. This allows me to select only the tools that that employee is checking in/out ...

Copy error
When I select a large area and copy, a warning msg popup "Picture is too large and will be truncated", sam situation when paste them to a new area after I close the warning window How could I avoid this? The following MSKB article has information that may help: XL2000: Error Message: The Picture Is Too Large and Will Be Truncated http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=318265 Jason Pan wrote: > When I select a large area and copy, a warning msg popup "Picture is too large and will be truncated", same > situation when paste them to a new area after I close t...

different sections of the same sheet in landscape and portrait
I am trying to print different sections of the same sheet in landscape and portrait. I use office 2003 Hi you may try the following macro Sub print_different() With ActiveSheet.PageSetup .PrintArea = "$A$1:$C$16" .Orientation = xlPortrait End With ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut With ActiveSheet.PageSetup .PrintArea = "$A$17:$C$26" .Orientation = xlLandscape End With ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut End Sub Change the two ranges according to your spreadsheet layout -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt...

Sheets in an excel file.
Is there a way to return to a list in a worksheet the names of all the Sheets in an excel file? I have a file with 50 sheets and I want to have them in a list like a table of contents sheet, but I dont want to do it manually if possible. Thanks for your help. Steven You can find some code also at David McRitchie's site: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/buildtoc.htm He actually builds the table as hyperlinks--so you can click on them. If you're new to macros, you may want to read David's intro at: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm Steven wrote: > ...

How do I shut off making a backup copy of a file when I save in E.
We have a shared worksheet that many people access and make changes to. Every time someone saves the file, Excel creates a backup copy of the file in the folder. How do I shut that feature off? options button on the save screen Choose File>Save As At the top right of the Save dialog box, click the Tools button Select General Options Remove the check mark from 'Always create backup' Click OK, click Save Click Yes, to replace the existing file. kboley2004 wrote: > We have a shared worksheet that many people access and make changes to. > Every time someone saves the file...

Pulisher 2003: copy pages from doc1 to doc2
Hi, To set the scene: e.g. in Powerpoint, you can copy a selection of slides from document 1 and paste to document 2 (slide sorter view) We need to do same in Publisher 2003. Have 2 documents, need to copy a series of pages from one current document into another current document. How the heck do you do that, without creating a whole series of blank pages and copying those sections across (which would be a big pain!) ; surely there is an easy-as-powerpoint solution to this? many thanks! You can open two documents in Publisher, tile them, drag and drop. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://o...

copying Word-Table to Excel
When copying a table (where a table item contains formatted text with "line breaks") to Excel, each "line break" generates a new sub-row and not, as wanted, an equivalent "line break" in the corresponding excel cell (which can be generated manually by pressing ALT+ENTER). How can I reach this? Is it, alternativly, possible to generate the ALT+ENTER in Excel automaticly by using a special control caracter in the "replace" field of the search&replace function? Peter If you change the table in Word to use a special character instead of a carri...

Protected sheet with filters
Dear All, I am having to protect a work sheet so that only certain cells can be changed. Is there a way where I can protect a sheet but the filters in the sheet still work? When I protect the sheet and unlock the cells where the filter is it still doesnt work. Any ideas? Many Thanks Adam If you protect the sheet in code, you can allow this: Option Explicit Sub auto_open() With Worksheets("sheet1") .Protect Password:="hi", userinterfaceonly:=True .EnableAutoFilter = True End With End Sub (The worksheet has to have the dropdown arrow...

Concatenating cell values to create sheet names
I would like to concatenate cell values to create a name that corresponds to a worksheet name and then use that in a formula. Does anyone know how to do this? You can use: =a1&a2 to concatenate a couple of cells. To refer to that in another formula, you'd need something like: =indirect("'" & a1&a2 &"'!A1") or if there's a chance your concatenated string refers to a non-existing worksheet and you want to avoid a #ref! error, you can check first: =IF(ISERROR(CELL("address",INDIRECT("'"&A1&A2&"&#...

On a hard copy of email how do I show the attachment line?
When I send an email with an attached and want a hard copy of the email, the attachment line does not appear under the Subject Line. What do I need to do to correct this? CPelc what version of outlook are you using? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.ne...

Excel 2003
Excel 2003 - sheets all coming up protected and Read Only My client has Office XP and all her spreadsheets that she is creating are read only right away. When she trys to do anything with them she gets" "The cell or chart you are trying to change is protected and therefore read-only. To modify a protected cell or chart, first remove protection using unprotect sheet command. You may be prompted for a password." She is prompted for a password which she did not create. Any idea how to fix this? mick2767@hotmail.com So she starts Excel and the default initial empty wo...

Adding AJAX Control Toolkit CollapsiblePanelExtender programmatically
I'd like to add an AJAX Control Toolkit extender, the Collapsible Panel, to a GridView row programmatically. My justification is this: I have rows that show stores. Some of the rows are chain businesses with multiple branch locations. Others are independent stores with only one location. For the chain stores, I need to expand the row, at the user's request, to show branch locations. But not on the independents where the location is already shown on the same line as the business name. Make sense? So, the CollapsiblePanelExtender with the ...

form control
Hello i have query with a field called 'consultant' the query runs via critieria from a 'form' list box i.e. [forms]![form1]![consultant] (this sits in the criteria field in the query) how do i get this to pick up mulitiply enteries in the listbox or (text box) like John OR dave because at the moment it will only pick up one entry Thanks Steve You will need some code to loop through the ItemsSelected collection of the multi-select list box, and build the Filter/WhereCondition. Here's an example of how to do it: Use a multi-select list box to filter a repor...

Problem copying formula. #2
This should be simple But .... In column A is the house Number, In column B is the street. In C1 I have =concatenate(A1," ",B1) - this puts the House number and street in C1 with a space between them. OK. I now need to copy this down 3000 rows but when I copy the cell C1 to C2 I get exactly the same formula in C2. I expected it to change to =concatenate(A2," ",B2) This must be finger trouble but it is driving me MAD! Any suggestions. TIA Bob (rapidly loosing the few hairs left) "Robin Gray" <robin@robingray.co.uk> wrote in news:dfkem5$6u$2@nwrdmz03.d...

background color for Excel sheet tab
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I would like to know how to change the background color of the sheet tab at the bottom of each worksheet. Does anyone know? Thank you. <br><br>P.S. By &quot;sheet tab&quot; I mean the little tab at bottom of sheet that says &quot;Sheet 1, Sheet 2, etc.&quot; Sorry, no coloured tabs in Excel 2008. I have a strong suspicion that this feature will appear in Excel 2010 for the Mac :-) Cheers On 5/12/09 1:00 AM, in article 59bae257.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "mccloudr@officeformac.com" ...

ActiveX Timer control use
I need more than one timer on a form, so I'm trying to learn how to use the ActiveX Timer control in an Access 2002 form. Here's a snip of my test code: Private Sub cmdTest_Click() Dim bEndTimer4 As Boolean Forms!frmMain!Timer4.Interval = 4000 'Approx 2 Seconds bEndTimer4 = False Forms!frmMain!Timer4.Enabled = True Do DoEvents Sleep 5 Loop Until bEndTimer4 = True 'Forms!frmMain!Timer4.Enabled = False If bEndTimer4 = True Then MsgBox "Timer Timed and Period Ended" Else MsgBox "Timer D...

Shared Spread sheet(Excel 97)
Some users have reported Excel locking up when they open a specific spread sheet, and others have no problem. If anyone has any ideas it would be appreciated Thank ...