How do I find the currently selected Scenario?

Hi,

Maybe this is a simple thing, but I don't seem to be able to track it
down. I have an Excel sheet with a couple of Scenarios defined. I am
trying to implement some VBA functions where I need to know which
Scenario is currently selected. Does anyone know how I determine the
active Scenario from VBA?

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Best regards.
0
intet

hi, (?)

> Maybe this is a simple thing, but I don't seem to be able to track it down.
> I have an Excel sheet with a couple of Scenarios defined.
> I am trying to implement some VBA functions where I need to know which Scenario is currently selected.
> Does anyone know how I determine the active Scenario from VBA?
> Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

this code line returns a null string ("") if no scenario is active/selected/... or, the name of current scenario:

application.commandbars.findcontrol(id:=1737).text

hth,
hector.

On Feb 2, 5:51=A0am, "H=E9ctor Miguel" <NOhemiordiS...@PLShotmail.com>
wrote:
> hi, (?)
>
> > Maybe this is a simple thing, but I don't seem to be able to track it d=
own.
> > I have an Excel sheet with a couple of Scenarios defined.
> > I am trying to implement some VBA functions where I need to know which =
Scenario is currently selected.
> > Does anyone know how I determine the active Scenario from VBA?
> > Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
>
> this code line returns a null string ("") if no scenario is active/select=
ed/... or, the name of current scenario:

> application.commandbars.findcontrol(id:=3D1737).text
>
> hth,
> hector.

Hello again,

Now another problem has arisen. When I call the code you mention, I
get a new error:

-------------------
Run-time error '-2147467259 (80004005)':

Method 'Text' of object '_CommandBarComboBox' failed.
-------------------

What can be?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Lasse
0
intet
2/22/2010 9:34:59 AM
On Feb 22, 10:34=A0am, "intet....@gmail.com" <intet....@gmail.com>
wrote:
> On Feb 2, 5:51=A0am, "H=E9ctor Miguel" <NOhemiordiS...@PLShotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > hi, (?)
>
> > > Maybe this is a simple thing, but I don't seem to be able to track it=
 down.
> > > I have an Excel sheet with a couple of Scenarios defined.
> > > I am trying to implement some VBA functions where I need to know whic=
h Scenario is currently selected.
> > > Does anyone know how I determine the active Scenario from VBA?
> > > Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
>
> > this code line returns a null string ("") if no scenario is active/sele=
cted/... or, the name of current scenario:

> > application.commandbars.findcontrol(id:=3D1737).text
>
> > hth,
> > hector.
>
> Hello again,
>
> Now another problem has arisen. When I call the code you mention, I
> get a new error:
>
> -------------------
> Run-time error '-2147467259 (80004005)':
>
> Method 'Text' of object '_CommandBarComboBox' failed.
> -------------------
>
> What can be?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Best regards,
> Lasse

Hello again,

I actually found out myself; the reason was that the button I used to
trig the function had the property "TakeFocusOnClick" set to "True".
When I changed that to "False", the problem disappeared.

Best regards,
Lasse
0
intet

Find Duplicate names and delate

Report not applying selected parameter
I have created an rdl file in vs2005 that has a string parameter that is pulling from a dataset. when I preview the report I select the parameter from the dropdown list and click View Report yet the report does not filter based on the selected parameter. What am I missing? Can you post your query? -- Bruce Loehle-Conger MVP SQL Server Reporting Services "ahmed" <ahmed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C16D6269-7E84-4AD0-9D76-8C2EDEDFDD26@microsoft.com... > I have created an rdl file in vs2005 that has a string parameter that is > pu...

Find a Value the first Time It Occurs

Finding a Median

Find/Replace in RichEdit 2.0

Find (but not find)

How do I load Outlook if I didn't select it when I loaded Outlook
I put office on my laptop but (among other programs like Power Point) I didn't select it when I was loading it up (didnt think I would ever use it).... well.... now I have a Blackberry and need Outlook so I can sync it.... help? Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs | Microsoft Office | Add or Remove Features.... -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenotefaq.htm **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies h...

Finding an event

Selecting and applying the correct forumla
Hi How do I get Excel to apply a certain formula (held in a central table) based on particular values in the same row? I don't want the actual result of the formula whilst it's in the central table, as this will be different when pasted into each row. Example, (where Col D is the place I want the formula from the central table to be applied to): Central table: [Row 1] = A1+B1 (Apply this if column C equals the word "Rule 1") [Row 2] = A1-B1 (Apply this if column C equals the word "Rule 2") Spreadsheet: Col A Col B Col C Col D 1 1 Rule 1 2...

Outlook 2003 HTML Reply Selection Spell Check Bug
I received an email in Outlook. The email was in HTML format. I started a reply to the message. I then selected only part of the reply text and hit F7 to check the spelling of the selection (selected text only). A message box pops up stating "Finished checking the selection. Do you want to check the rest of the item?" There were obvious misspelled words that simply were not checked. If I say Yes to "check the rest of the item" the misspelled words are found as would be expected. If the reply is only one word (not likely normally) and you select it and check spelling...

Where is the graphics selection pointer in excel 2007?
I used to be able to click on the graphics selection tool in office 97 on the left end of the drawing toolbar then click and drag over multiple graphics to select them all. Then I could group them etc. What do i do now? It's to be found in - Insert tab - Illustrations - Shapes - select a shape and insert into w/s and immediately the new drawing tools format tab opens up -- Russell Dawson Excel Student Please hit "Yes" if this post was helpful. "Bruce" wrote: > I used to be able to click on the graphics selection tool in office 97 on the ...

cannot find database

Trapping a NO FIND after a find

How do I find the out of office reply?

Conditional Number Formatting & Selective Summing
Attached is the workbook I need help with. From what I have bee discovering from the Excel Macro-VBA Editor-Help screens, what I wan to do should require fairly simple VBA code. However, I have no VB coding experience or skills (the VBA code in Module 3 was gleaned fro the Excel Tips Forum. Thank you Harlan Grove) Sheets �Run� through �Run (30)� are identical, except that the cel formulas on sheets 2-30 are only active if the active sheet i �Enabled� by the user and will only populate with pulled data if al preceding sheets are �Enabled�. The nature of the workbook is such tha a user will alw...

Advanced Find not finding all
"Advanced Find" in Outlook 2007 is not finding all email messages which match the criteria. It finds between 30 and 200 and then stops. I then have to work with those (e.g., delete them) and then click "Find Now" again to find another batch, dozens of times! What is wrong? How do I fix this and find all messages that match the criteria? My typical application is to split the entire contents of my .pst files by date. Do do this I make a copy of the file. In one I delete all messages older than the cutoff date (e.g., 1/1/2007), and in the other I delete all messages yo...

How to: find reason for rejected messages?
I'm trying to find the reason, why certain messages get rejected by our exchange 2000 server. Is there a way to find out? Scenario: pullmail gets mails from pop3 mailboxes from, let's say "internetmailserver.com" and puts it in our exchange server "intranet.com". For most mails it works marvellous but for some mails it just fails and I can only see (output of pullmail command): .... 1 messages waiting << +OK 8488322 octets Message from: some.user@validdomain.com to: user@intranet.com SMTP message rejected, reply OK Unexpected response rsion:...

finding latest hotfix
how do I find latest hotfix for Project Server 2007, Sharepoint server 2007 and SQL serve 2005? For Service Pack we can search using bing or google and find. But not for hotfix. How do I find? Thank you Hello all the latest updates are documented here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/office/ee748587.aspx -- Christophe Fiessinger Microsoft http://blogs.msdn.com/chrisfie "sgOrchid" <sgOrchid@@newsgroup.nospam.com> wrote in message news:3B51FE4E-ADD6-415D-9771-CCD32A65DF11@microsoft.com... > how do I find latest hotfix for Project Server 200...

Can "Totals" be displayed in Advance Find results?
This seems like a question that would've been asked many times before, but I can't find any reference to is here. Can total search results be displayed in the search results pane? The only reference to a solution for this is by a company in Romania called Creative Software Solution. They have a screen grab at http://www.creativesolutions.ro/img/Customizations-GridCount.jpg. Anyone know how I can make the customization myself? Thanks! Andy. Dear Andy, There are few options. 1. Writing Reports and show total 2. Add Total as custom value and use javascript to add that va...

find formula and return value
Hi i am using the following formula to find text in a cell =IF(ISNUMBER(FIND("Super",B96)),"OK", "Not OK") and return a value. i have adapted the formula for another spreadsheet and simply added more values to check, i.e. =IF(ISNUMBER(FIND("Super""Account""Business:,B96)),"OK", "Not OK") but it doesnt seem to work. where i can see the value in the cell it is not returning ok instead of not ok. is there a limit to the number of values i can search and if so why doesnt it say as an error? what am i missing? Thanks v...