how do I display last two digits of a SSN in a separate column

I am trying to create a formula to take an existing list of 8 or 9 digit
numbers and display the last two numbers in a separate column.  Is this
possible?

Try

=RIGHT(A1,2)
--
Mike

question.

"katbone1" wrote:

> I am trying to create a formula to take an existing list of 8 or 9 digit
> numbers and display the last two numbers in a separate column.  Is this
> possible?
Hi
Use a formula
=3Dright(A1, 2)

where number is in A1. Now fill down.
regards
Paul

On Feb 1, 3:08=A0pm, katbone1 <katbo...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> I am trying to create a formula to take an existing list of 8 or 9 digit
> numbers and display the last two numbers in a separate column. =A0Is this
> possible?

0
paul
2/1/2010 3:19:03 PM
=right(a1,2)
--
Naftoli

"katbone1" wrote:

> I am trying to create a formula to take an existing list of 8 or 9 digit
> numbers and display the last two numbers in a separate column.  Is this
> possible?

Dual Displays

Folder could not be displayed

How to select & display distinct values

Display Time in Outlook

PK and FK Displayed

Hiding columns #6
Can I hide 5 consecutive columns (X to AA) depending on the content in another cell (Hide if Y2=4, display otherwise) without using conditional formatting. I tried and made everything white but then the comments remain. Any ideas? You'd have to use a worksheet_change event: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim HideRng As Range Set HideRng = Me.[X:AA] With Target If .Address <> "$Y$2" Then Exit Sub If .Value = 4 Then HideRng.EntireColumn.Hidden = True End If End With End Sub --- Right-click on the worksheet tab, click on "Vi...

Formulas are displayed, results are not

How do I shade a region between two selected points on the x axis?
In a line graph of monthly unemployment rates over many years, economists like to shade a region between 2 selected months (x axis) in order to denote a recsession. How can this be done in an Excel chart? Hello: I am sure that someone very cleaver will tell you there is an automated way to do this. But given the irregular nature of the data, and not frequently the easiest way to do it would be to dislay the drawing toolbar. Now choose the rectangle shape and draw the area you want high lighted. Once you have the area you want covered, right click the rectangle and choose format autosh...

compare two columns with different ranges in two worksheets
I need to compare two columns of data in two different worksheets and display a third one. Here it is an example: -(worksheet1!A1:A10), (worksheet1!B1:B10) and (whorksheet2!C1:C25) -this is my query, if C5 is already in (A1:A10) I want to display B5 in worksheet2!D5 I think it is tricky because you need to identity which row in the A1:A10 is equal to C5 to display B5 and the range are different. you could save my day chris90 In worksheet2!D1: =if(isna(vlookup(C1, worksheet1!$A$1:$B$10, 2, 0)), "", vlookup(C1, worksheet1!$A$1:$B$10, 2, 0)) HTH Kostis Vezerides brilliant, ma...

dividing columns by 100
I need to divide four columns of numbers by 100, yet I don't want any of the cells to interact with each other. The numbers are all 100 times too big, I just need a formula or a way to divide them all by 100 in (hopefully) one step or equation. Can anyone help? put 100 in an unused cell. edit|copy that cell select your range in that column to adjust edit|paste special|choose divide clean up that 100 in that helper cell. Sgian wrote: > > I need to divide four columns of numbers by 100, yet I don't want any of the > cells to interact with each other. The numbers are al...

Stop displaying a line

Two address/one box
Due to a server crash we made changes to email addresses. Now some people are not receiving their email. Can we have two email addresses going into one email box? How? Please be specific as I am new at this. Thanks! You can set up an alias for the person within the exchange properties (sorry can't remember which tab) "Sam" wrote: > Due to a server crash we made changes to email addresses. Now some people > are not receiving their email. Can we have two email addresses going into > one email box? How? Please be specific as I am new at this. > Thanks! ...

Condensing Columns
I am working with an old document that was created to capture names during several years. The worksheet is set up so that there are 2 columns (first and last name) under each year, side by side. Vertically, the list is alphabetical by last name. For example if a person is listed for 5 consecutive years, their full name is written out 5 names across the row. Or if a person is listed only for one year, their name is written only once across the row. I would like to move from all the years into one column. Is there a way to do this other than manually cutting and pasting?? Thanks ...

Advanced Find & View
Hi, Scenario: Create an advanced find to save as a view. 3 entities involved - Contacts and two custom entities. They are related. Build the advanced find ok, but can't edit the columns view to include data from entity 2 and 3, only from contacts entity. Is it possible to add those columns? if so, how? Hi, In MS CRM Advance find view, you won=92t be able to see the columns of entities in edit columns which are having 1:N relationship with Parent entity in your case it=92s contact having 1:N relationship with custom entities. If you want your result set to contain columns from custom as...

GeneralFormula for Adding 2 Columns
Hi, I am trying to add 2 columns and put the result in the third column. I want this to happen for any number of rows. If I populate X number of Rows then the result should be in the third column. I need help in this badly. I would appreciate if somebody could tell me the fastest way. I am not interested in the option where 2 numbers are added in the first row and then the rest is taken care by dragging for the rest of the rows in the same column. Thanks in advance. -John You could try a macro like this: Sub AddColumns() Dim x As Integer x = 1 While Range("A&q...

Display or not display series

Two-way converter
I am keeping a record of my sugar levels by taking 4 reading a day and averaging them. I have two glucose monitors (one in mmol/l, and another in mg/dl). As I am using the one in mg/dl, at the moment, I enter the results in the first few cells of ech row, and have an automatic conversion to similar cells further down the line (x/18). I will have a problem soon as I will switch to the other monitor and will enter the results in the mmol/l section. Is it possible to automate the table so that, no matter where you enter the data, the conversion will be done? That is, can I have a cell wh...

Serialisation
A general query Im serialising a person object with the following member variables Class Person Private _forenames As String Private _surname As String Private _dob As Date Private _marital_status As MaritalStatus 'Public Get and Set Properties here for each of the above ' I'll not detail them all to save space but Ill show attributes <XmlElementAttribute(Elementname:="forename")> _ <XmlElementAttribute(Elementname:="surname")> _ <XmlElementAttribute(Elementname:="dob"...

Displaying an equation
I have an equation setup that is referencing a few other cells that have equations in them. I want to have a cell that displays this equation with the answers that are calculated from these other cells displayed as values in the new equation. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Check out http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/formula.htm#getformula In article <E4143E2B-360A-4B43-955F-73BF8EC60694@microsoft.com>, "hoising8" <hoising8@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have an equation setup that is referencing a few other cells that have > eq...

Bar Chart Column Width?
I am trying to create a Std Bar Chart with 52 Bars (1 bar for each week) ... I am on 11x17 paper ... Issue is ... The bars are very narrow ... I have other charts with 30 Bars on 8.5x11 paper & bar width is fine ... I do not profess to be a Chart Guy ... What am I missing??? Thanks ... Kha If u want to increase the width of the bars then follow this. right click on any bar > format data series > options > gap width Increase the gap width that suits you. Regards Asim ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ Vie...