how do i bring a visual basic form to the spread sheet?

Hi,

I have created a form using teh developer tab in excel in vb.  The problem
is anytime I want to access the form i need to go to the developer tab, click
on vb and run it frorm there. What I would like to do is to bring the form to
the spreadsheet so that I can run it directly from there. or better yet, be
able to run the form independently of the spreadhseet. is that a possibility?

Thanks a lot for your help,

Maryam

add a button to the spreadsheet and attach the code
UserForm1.show 'or whatever the form name is

You will not be able to run the form independant of XL...

--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"MaryamB" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have created a form using teh developer tab in excel in vb.  The problem
> is anytime I want to access the form i need to go to the developer tab, click
> on vb and run it frorm there. What I would like to do is to bring the form to
> the spreadsheet so that I can run it directly from there. or better yet, be
> able to run the form independently of the spreadhseet. is that a possibility?
>
> Thanks a lot for your help,
>
> Maryam
What objet are on the form? Most cases you want to leave the form bu
tput a button on the worksheet to  open the form and to make it easy to
access the form.  Why do you want to run the userform from outside the
workbook.  what arre you trying to do with the userform?

--
joel
joel's Profile: 229

http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/chat.php

0
joel
3/23/2010 7:24:41 PM
Sub ShowForm
    UserForm1.Show
End Sub

Attach to a macro button you place on the QAT or a Command Button on a
worksheet.

Not sure what you mean by "run the form independently of the spreadsheet"

What do you consider as a "spreadsheet"?

Worksheet or Workbook?

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 23 Mar 2010 11:16:07 -0700, MaryamB
<MaryamB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have created a form using teh developer tab in excel in vb.  The problem
>is anytime I want to access the form i need to go to the developer tab, click
>on vb and run it frorm there. What I would like to do is to bring the form to
>the spreadsheet so that I can run it directly from there. or better yet, be
>able to run the form independently of the spreadhseet. is that a possibility?
>
>Thanks a lot for your help,
>
>Maryam

0
Gord

What's the difference between Bring to Front and Bring Forward?
When you pull down Arrange and then go to Order I don't see the difference between Bring to Front and Bring Forward. Can anyone explain? Big Marta <Big Marta@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > When you pull down Arrange and then go to Order I don't see the > difference between Bring to Front and Bring Forward. Can anyone > explain? If you have ten objects, in numerical order, front to back: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Bring to front on object 5 will reorder them 5 1 2 3 4 6 7 8 9 10 Bring forward will reorder them 1 2 3 5 4 6 7 8 9 10 Bring for...

how i draw a shart for multi sheet ?
i have amulti worksheet and i need to make a chart for all Hi, If I understand, you want to create a chart which uses data from multiple sheets? If so the easiest way is to build a summary area which pulls the data in from the different sheets and then chart that. -- If this helps, please click the Yes button Cheers, Shane Devenshire "ahmad" wrote: > i have amulti worksheet and i need to make a chart for all This page adds a little information to Shane's post: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ChartFromDiffSheets.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft...

Outlook Forms????
I created a form, however, there is a message page, with the To:, From: ect. & a Page 2. I really don't want the form to be 2 pages. How can I get everything onto the message page. This way a user does not have to click the P2 tab to fill in the form. Cut and paste the controls on Page 2 to the main message page. FYI, there is a newsgroup specifically for Outlook forms issues "down the hall" at microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms or, via web interface, at http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms -- Sue...

Print multiple pages per Sheet in Excel 2003
I have a spreadsheet with 12 rows that goes for many columns ( with formulas). Is there a way to print this where three pages are on each piece of paper? How about inserting a new worksheet, then copying and pasting (as values) to that new sheet. Then print that "helper" worksheet. If you have to do this lots, this may be worth the trouble. Insert a new sheet. select a nice range on the original sheet Edit|copy go to the new worksheet shift-edit|Paste picture link Repeat so that you have pictures of the ranges so it prints the way you want. Then print this helper worksheet. Th...

automatically copying data from one sheet to another, depending on which drop-down code is allocated
I have a sheet where I list each item of my business outgoings. Column C lists the amount spent. In Column D I allocate a code from a drop-down list, to allocate that item of expenditure against a particular cost centre. I have thirty cost centres. So once the code is allocated, I can filter the list to see all items for any particular cost centre. But what I really want is this: I have created a separate sheet in the workbook, with all the cost centres as column headings. I'd like each amount to be automatically copied to the cost centre sheet, and placed in the correct column,...

Visual Reference, row and column crosshairs
Does anybody know how to have the row and column change colors as you move the active cell around the worksheet, like crosshairs for a quick visual reference. Check out Chip Pearson's Add-In that does exactly what you're looking for: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/RowLiner.htm -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! --------------------------------------------------------------------------- "John - Vanguard" <John - Vanguard@discussions.microsoft.c...

outlook forms #14
I would like to be able to take the input from three different sections on the compose page and combine them on the read page. Is it possible? See my response to your other post on this issue. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Janet" <nospam@gnelmes.co.uk> wrote in message news:423c076f$0$57197$ed2619ec@ptn-nntp-reader01.plus.net... >I would like to be able to take the input from three different sections on > the ...

Parameter form for crosstab query
Hello. I have a crosstab query with parameter, when I run the query, the pop up window by the access (not the parameter form I created), Forms!ReportRange!Starting date, and so on... I enter "starting date", "Ending date" and "programme" in th pop up window, it works very well. But when I open the parameter form: ReportRange. enter the same information in the form. then click ok, to run the query, but it doens't work, there is no data showing. What did I do wrong, I believe the query is right, Is the parameter form doesn't provide the range into t...

Paste (Ctrl-V) brings up Cust/Vend Consol Setup in v10
When doing a Ctrl-V in GP version 10 - any window, it brings up the Customer/Vendor Consolidations setup window instead of pasting the data into the field intended. You must go to Edit in the menu & Paste that way. This is a standard across all windows programs to be able to paste by using Ctrl-V. Also Ctrl-C doesn't consistantly work in the Bank Transaction Entry window - you must also go to Edit in the menu & Copy. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click th...

Visual Basic Error Message
I would appreciate help with the following: - I have a file that has 1 macro in it (it does not auto-run). - I then disable the macros upon opening the file, and then answer No to updating links. - When I try and enter anything into any cell, I receive the following message and I am unable to do anything in the worksheet. Message: The macros in this project aer disabled. Please refer to the online help or documentation of the host application to determine how to enable macros. Any suggestions? Thanks. A possibility, In any file, go Tools > Macro's > Security and check 'M...

Custom Forms
Hello, A fellow administrator recently installed a custom form on our 2003 exchange server. One thing we noticed is that within Outlook 2003 the new form works just great, but we don't see it when logging into exchange via the web interface. Is there a way to get the custom for to be seen there? thanks! Sean no. 6-bit or 32-bit eforms won't display in OWA That isn't to say that you can't customize OWA, nor am I saying that you can't build all sorts of powerful apps on top of the Exchange store (i.e. non-mapi top level hierarchies and custom app-specific schemas,et...

VISUAL STUDIO
WILL LIKE TO KNOW WHAT LICENCE HAS REPLACE VISUAL STUDIO ENTERPRISE DEVELOPER 6. THANKS ...

Bring to Front
I am writing an application that I only want to have one instance of. I know how to do that part, but what I also want to do is if the user attempts to start it again that it will SendMessage to the application to Bring it Front, like in Windows Task Manager Bring to Front option. I have tried WM_SHOWWINDOW and other WM_’s but nothing seems to work. Which one should I use? I am using VC6 and I have a dialog box application. This is the last thing that I have tried, HWND mHWND = ::FindWindow(NULL, "Test Program"); ::SendMessage(mHWND, WM_SHOWWINDOW, TRUE, 0); Thanks in advance...

No option for MFC project...? (really basic!)
How do I create an MFC application in Visual C++ Express??? When I try to create a new project I only get the option of CLR, Win32 and General - there is no MFC listed... Is there some add-on I require? MFC isnt included in the express editions. -- - Mark Randall http://www.temporal-solutions.co.uk http://www.awportals.com "anon418600J5" <anon418600J5@mail.anonymizer.com> wrote in message news:Xin5h.7764$lq.3935@newsread1.mlpsca01.us.to.verio.net... > How do I create an MFC application in Visual C++ Express??? > > When I try to create a new project I only get...

Email Form or Template
I use OL2002. Recently, when I create a new email, the text is defaulted to white and it has some crazy paragraph spacing. I use Word XP as my email editor. I know I have to fix a form or template, but my few attempts have not been successfull. Any tips, links, etc? Thanks, John ...

Launching a Form
Hi I inserted "MS Excel 5.0 Dialoge" and put some check boxes on it that run some macros. Question: How do I make this "Dialoge" form? show up. I used another "Command Button" with the code Unload DialogFrame1 But this gave me an error. Thanks hi, attatch this code to a button or icon Sub ShowForm() UserForm1.Show 0 ' rename userform1 to your form name AppActivate Application.Caption End Sub Regards Frank >-----Original Message----- >Hi > >I inserted "MS Excel 5.0 Dialoge" and put some check boxes on it that run >...

Access Form event doesn't work and crashes Access
I have a basic form which I have previously discussed. However, after reading further on Access I decided against storing calculated values in my tables so changed the form. The short version, 3 bound fields minutes seconds and hundredths return value to their table. Minutes input mask is 0;;_ and sec & hun 00;;#, as minutes will never be double digits. I had an unbound form field to display final input in a "nice" sports format 0:00:00 (never to be calc or used) just for readability. The format in the unbound field is =Format(([TimeMinutes],"0") &...

rich text box in forms
I would like to use rich text boxes in my forms. I read that you can use this un-allowed tools in forms if you make a change to the browser. Does someone out there know the answer to this? -- Ed Ayers ...

VLookup to bring in not true data.
Hi, I need to create an if statement or vlookup that will compare both columns and bring back the results that is not true. I know what matches so basically I want to see all the data that doesn't match. I want to see the results of everything in Account II that doesn't match Account. Help everything I try doesn't work. Sarita aka non excel expert!!! Account Account II 154623 154142 154632 154189 154639 154632 154649 154636 154861 154739 154996 154840 155765 154850 155008 155765 ...

create a form that collects parameters
Hi, i need a form where we search for a detail and the result should be published in the bottom, based on the result the user will decide what to do next in acess 2007. i refered the link below http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access/HA100963141033.aspx#form_param in this some mistake is there in the macro can somebody help me out. if any template for search form is available please let me know. thank you, -- Kalai Kalai wrote: >i need a form where we search for a detail and the result should be >published in the bottom, based on the result the user will decide w...

How to liks the row of 2 sheet
Hi!! I've an Excel sheet with Cod Description (in 2 columns) GG dsfdsfds DD dfgfdgsd AA fdgfdgsd GG fgdfgdf in another sheet I've: Description (in a single column) GG - Descrizione GG DD - Descrizioen DD AA - Descrizione AA I would like to modify my first sheet like this: Cod Description (in 2 columns) GG - Descrizione GG dsfdsfds DD - Descrizioen DD dfgfdgsd AA - Descrizione fdgfdgsd How Can I do this?? Thanks Hi, You need to use a vlookup formula. In the third column of the second sheet, write this formula: =vlookup(a1,sheet1!$a$1:$b$4,2,...

If/Then statements in Visual Basic
I'm trying to create an If/Then statement in Visual Basic, but I cannot get it to work. What I want is to have the test in a cell in BOLD depending on the condition (whether a number equals 1,2, or 3. "P13" is the cell the condition is located and Q16, Q18, and Q20 are the cells I want bolded. Here is my attempt that's not working. Any replys are appreciated. If "P13" = 1 Then Range("Q16").Select Selection.Font.Bold = True ElseIf "P13" = 2 Then Range("Q18").Select Selection.Font.Bold = True Else Ran...

Moving between sheets
Hi guys! Just a quick question: I would like to write a function in VBA which would allow me to mov between the sheets in excel. Does anyone know the method for it? Thank yo -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Suggest you record macro and come back with any probs -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I don't think I'd do it. But I would use this feature: right click on the VCR like controls to the left of the worksheet tabs. You can choose the worksheet you want to go to. Or maybe if you're looking for a table of contents, you could use hyperlin...

Arguments box on form
Hi All I'd like to know how you can have an arguments box on a form. I need to select a cell range directly from a spreadsheet and would like to see them preferably entered in a text box on a form like you get when you create formulas with the function arguments box. If anybody has got any ideas I would like to hear them. Cheers, Mike Like with a macro? Option Explicit sub testme() dim myRng as range set myrng = nothing on error resume next set myrng = application.inputbox(prompt:="Select a range with the mouse", _ type:=8) on error goto 0 if...

Visual Basic error in Excel2000
Recently I started getting the following visual basic error when I start up Excel2000 "Compile error in hidden module:AutoExecNew". I get the following error when I close Excel "Compile error in hidden module:DistMon". When I click "OK" the program continues and other than the PIA factor, it does not seem to impact the operations of the program. I have tried to reinstall Excel2000, but it did not fix the problem. Short of upgrading, any ideas on how to fix. It is a fault of one your add-ins. Go to the Tools menu, choose Add-Ins, and uncheck each add-in,...