Historical Stock Close Value

I'm trying to get the Historical Closing Price of stocks. I recorded a
macro that will download, and also found several scripts that will
download historical info for stocks. However it downloads a table for
the stock with "Open", "Hi", "Low", but I do not want the whole table,
I only want the "Close" price. Is there a way to do this?
0
Charles

I do this sort of thing often.

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software
dguillett1@austin.rr.com
"Charles" <harm.charles@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to get the Historical Closing Price of stocks. I recorded a
> macro that will download, and also found several scripts that will
> download historical info for stocks. However it downloads a table for
> the stock with "Open", "Hi", "Low", but I do not want the whole table,
> I only want the "Close" price. Is there a way to do this?

0
Don
12/1/2009 8:01:23 PM
On Dec 1, 2:01=A0pm, "Don Guillett" <dguille...@austin.rr.com> wrote:
> I do this sort of thing often.
> =A0 =A0 =A0 If desired, send your file to my address below. I will only l=
ook if:
> =A0 =A0 =A0 1. You send a copy of this message on an inserted sheet
> =A0 =A0 =A0 2. You give me the newsgroup and the subject line
> =A0 =A0 =A0 3. You send a clear explanation of what you want
> =A0 =A0 =A0 4. You send before/after examples and expected results.
>
> --
> Don Guillett
> Microsoft MVP Excel
> SalesAid Software
> dguille...@austin.rr.com"Charles" <harm.char...@gmail.com> wrote in messa=
ge

> > I'm trying to get the Historical Closing Price of stocks. I recorded a
> > macro that will download, and also found several scripts that will
> > download historical info for stocks. However it downloads a table for
> > the stock with "Open", "Hi", "Low", but I do not want the whole table,
> > I only want the "Close" price. Is there a way to do this?

Don,

Thanks for your offer. However after some more research I think I
found a solution by using an Array and the extract the closing price.
0
Charles
12/1/2009 8:34:13 PM
One way is to extract with INDIRECT

       =IF(ISNUMBER(D29),VLOOKUP($A29,INDIRECT("Data!B1:X1000"),5,FALSE),"")
--
On Dec 1, 2:01 pm, "Don Guillett" <dguille...@austin.rr.com> wrote:
> I do this sort of thing often.
> If desired, send your file to my address below. I will only look if:
> 1. You send a copy of this message on an inserted sheet
> 2. You give me the newsgroup and the subject line
> 3. You send a clear explanation of what you want
> 4. You send before/after examples and expected results.
>
> --
> Don Guillett
> Microsoft MVP Excel
> SalesAid Software
> dguille...@austin.rr.com"Charles" <harm.char...@gmail.com> wrote in
> message

> > I'm trying to get the Historical Closing Price of stocks. I recorded a
> > macro that will download, and also found several scripts that will
> > download historical info for stocks. However it downloads a table for
> > the stock with "Open", "Hi", "Low", but I do not want the whole table,
> > I only want the "Close" price. Is there a way to do this?

Don,

Thanks for your offer. However after some more research I think I
found a solution by using an Array and the extract the closing price.

0
Don
12/1/2009 9:09:46 PM
On Dec 1, 3:09=A0pm, "Don Guillett" <dguille...@austin.rr.com> wrote:
> One way is to extract with INDIRECT
>
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0=3DIF(ISNUMBER(D29),VLOOKUP($A29,INDIRECT("Data!B1:X1000")=
,5,FALSE),"")
> --
> Don Guillett
> Microsoft MVP Excel
> SalesAid Software
> dguille...@austin.rr.com"Charles" <harm.char...@gmail.com> wrote in messa=
ge

> On Dec 1, 2:01 pm, "Don Guillett" <dguille...@austin.rr.com> wrote:
>

> > I do this sort of thing often.
> > If desired, send your file to my address below. I will only look if:
> > 1. You send a copy of this message on an inserted sheet
> > 2. You give me the newsgroup and the subject line
> > 3. You send a clear explanation of what you want
> > 4. You send before/after examples and expected results.
>
> > --
> > Don Guillett
> > Microsoft MVP Excel
> > SalesAid Software
> > dguille...@austin.rr.com"Charles" <harm.char...@gmail.com> wrote in
> > message

..

> > > I'm trying to get the Historical Closing Price of stocks. I recorded =
> > > macro that will download, and also found several scripts that will
> > > download historical info for stocks. However it downloads a table for
> > > the stock with "Open", "Hi", "Low", but I do not want the whole table=
,
> > > I only want the "Close" price. Is there a way to do this?
>
> Don,
>
> Thanks for your offer. However after some more research I think I
> found a solution by using an Array and the extract the closing price.

Thanks for the information. The way I found was to only select 1 date
( which is all I needed) and load an Array without having the table
loaded to a spread sheet.
First I dimmed a string and set the element of the array to the
string. This seems to work for me.
Again thanks for your interest and help.

0
Charles

How do I close a form without saving the record
I am trying to figure out a way to cancel or close a form without saving the record. I tried: DoCmd.Close acForm, Me.Name, acSaveNo, but a blank record is still created. I want to just be able to close the form without creating anything once I click cancel. How can I accomplish this? Thanks On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 07:51:02 -0800, Ayo <Ayo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am trying to figure out a way to cancel or close a form without saving the >record. I tried: DoCmd.Close acForm, Me.Name, acSaveNo, but a blank record is >still created. > I want to just be able to cl...

Closing document closes the appilcation also..
I open a document by double clicking. It opens. Now When I close the document only, it closes the application also. Since double clicking invokes the application also I'm not able to debug it. I'm using OpenDocumentFile(strCommand); fn, in my DDE handler OnDDECommand(). Can any body tell me the solution. I don't want to close the application when I'm closing the document. Is this an MDI or an SDI applicatrion? "Dhirendra" <dhirendra.mishra@ge.com> wrote in message news:2d5a901c39495$a6199c00$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I open a document by double clicking...

stock counts
Does anyone know of a way to capture the "monetary" inventory valuation from a stock? We are trying to determine the beginning valuation and create a percentage difference by way of the variance printed upon completion of the stock count entry. ...

Date Input Mask
I have two databases. Both have forms containing a date control and both controls use the same input mask 99/99/0000;0;_ Both bound tables have a date column defined as Date/Time. However, on one form if I enter 1/1/1967, I get displayed 1/1/1967, on the other form I get displayed 1 /1 /1967 Any idea why this happens? -- Dorian "Give someone a fish and they eat for a day; teach someone to fish and they eat for a lifetime". You need to check the formats, that is what controls your display. Also check regional setting of the machines. -- Build a little, test a littl...

historical data
I have a few years worth of data in money 2005 on another machine, can I transfer via cd or flash drive? In microsoft.public.money, rozelle25 wrote: >I have a few years worth of data in money 2005 on another machine, can I >transfer via cd or flash drive? Yes. Copy over the *.mny file in particular. Copy the file to the Documents/MyDocumnents folder on the destination machine. If you choose the CDR route, undo the read-only attribute. That extra chore does not occur if you use the flash drive, so that is easier. ...

Select value in query
I have the following sample field & data in one table MyValue Value1 Value2 Value3 100 20 30 90 200 null 210 150 My goals here is to divide myvalue with either value1 or value2 or value3 whichever is higher. e.g in line one 100/90 and 200/210 in line two. how to create the expression in my query thanks On Thu, 4 Feb 2010 05:26:01 -0800, zyus <zyus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: select MyValue/ iif(v1 > v2, iif(v1 > v3, v1, v3),iif(v2>v3,v2,v3)) Because you have nulls, you may ...

voiding checks and fiscal periods closed
Hello: I know that if the fiscal period of March is closed in the Fiscal Periods Setup window that payables checks cannot be voided for March. Now, if a payables person cannot void checks in April and the fiscal period of April is not closed, could that be because the invoice that the check is being applied to is dated in March. That would make sense based on how payables would throw the check back into open. But, I just wanted to check with you all. Thanks! childofthe1980s You are correct. -- Charles Allen, MVP "childothe1980s" wrote: > Hello: > > I know ...

Outlook closes when show desktop is clicked
I recently upgrade to Outlook 2003. Now whenever I click the show desktop icon, Outlook closes. Any ideas as to the cause/fix??? Thanks! Steve In news:u6de7CKhFHA.1464@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl, tesdahl <tesdahl@cox.net> typed: > I recently upgrade to Outlook 2003. Now whenever I click the show > desktop icon, Outlook closes. Any ideas as to the cause/fix??? > > Thanks! > > Steve I've never seen that before. What OS and SP for same are you running - and is Outlook/Office fully patched? See http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/officeupdate/default.aspx Even...

Converting a null value to a predetermined text value
I have a query where some results may be null. In this case, is it possible to set a criteria to allow the query to return a result for a null value to equal some text value? For example: If null then = "Unreviewed" Thanks Jim Something like this in a query should work. ReviewStatus: NZ([TheField],"Unreviewed") -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder. "Jimball" wrote: > I have a query where some results may be null. In this case, is it possible > to set a criteria to allow the qu...

Combobox default value
Hello, I have two comboboxes based on another and the new ones "show" the values I want - there is only the one item in the new drop down lists as the data is filtered by school name. However, the calculation that uses this data will not continue until i actually select this data fromthe drop down box. 1st combobox = School name 2nd combobox = Summer holiday start date 3rd combobox = Summer holiday end date (Further calc is length of summer holiday). I have default for the value in 2nd and 3rd set as itemdata(0). Is there a way to force this data to be accepted automatically wi...

Stock level update
I am in the process of building a database for stock control purposes. I am relatively new to access code, but am trying to learn as I go along. I have 2 forms one which you receive deliveries on and the other for sending orders out. Then I have a table called Transactions. What I need help with is to update the transaction table which has the following fields in it. Trans ID Trans Date Trans Type Qty >From the forms which have the date trans type (either delivery or order) Qty Trans ID is autonumber Plus other information not required in the transaction table. Can anyone help me with...

automatic chart update for my stocks
Hi: I have a question: Is there a way of creating excel chart that would automaticaly update my chart with the latest stock price? Please respond and Thanks! Bogdan [This followup was posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting with an email copy to Bogdan. Please use the newsgroup for further discussion.] See the Dynamic Charts tutorial on my web site. -- Trouble finding replies to your posts? Use a newsreader. See the tutorial 'Outlook Express and Newsgroups' on my web site Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tut...

Count values in Cells Accross
I want to calculate the values in cell A1 across. Eg. Cell A1 has a value of 36. I want to calculate the values across in the 36 non blank cells located in the same worksheet. Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance Hi see your other post -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Shari wrote: > I want to calculate the values in cell A1 across. > > Eg. Cell A1 has a value of 36. I want to calculate the values across > in the 36 non blank cells located in the same worksheet. > > Any help appreciated. > Thanks in advance ...

How to show time for day's stock market high/low
I've set up a database of stock market intraday data going back two years, showing Open/High/Low/Close data for every one minute bar of the day. I'm trying to find 1) the high and low of each day, and 2) the times they occurred. Using: Date By Day: Format$([Stock Data].[Date],'yyyy.mm.dd') I can find the Max of High and Min of Low to give me the day's high and low, but how do I find the minute these occurred (there may be more than one, so if only one could be displayed, the first occurence would be best ). Many thanks Seano, This is probably a du...

GP 8 or 9 doesn't allow the GL entry post to the historical year (year 2004) prior to the most recent historical year (for example year 2005).
Hi, I am trying to verify whether GP 8 or 9 doesn't allow the GL entry post to the historical year (for example year 2004) prior to the most recent historical year (for example year 2005). If the above is true, are there any alternatives for posting an adjustment general journal entry as mentioned above? I greatly appreciate your input. Check the GL Setup to see that it allows "posting to history": Tools >> Setup >> Financial >> General Ledger It should work for 8.0 & 9.0 "Renchan Li" wrote: > Hi, > > I am trying to ve...

Don't plot zero values
I am currently using Excel XP. I have a scatter chart and would only like to plot non zero values. These are not null values. Is there a chart setting I can do to skip plotting zero values or do I need to somehow filter/sort the data first and then plot? TIA George Hey George - If there are true zeros in the data, perhaps the easiest way to exclude them from the chart is to use an autofilter on the data that hides the rows with zeros. Alternatively, you could insert a column to hide the zeros. Say the range with zeros is in B1:B10. Select C1:C10, and enter this formula into C1: =IF...

Historical Stock Status Report as of Specific Date-Issue
Hi, While generating inventory report from report window, if we take any historical inventory report, it shows average unit value for some other day instead of the cut off day for which report has been generated.The Valuation method followed is Average Perpetual. Why is it so and any solution please? Thanks Janakiram M.P. ...

Paste Values
Hi all How can I paste values along side any text etc cells that are to the left. If I have text or anything in A1 to A20 could be A1 to A17 or T1 to T20 and B1 or U1 is highlighted is there a way that what I have copied, paste it to B1 to B20 or B1 to B17 or U1 to U20. Thanks in Advance Yes, you can do all that but a bit more detail would be helpful. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Dave" <dave@zillion.karoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:BYCcneBqCop1zDbfSa8jmA@karoo.co.uk... > Hi all > > How can I paste values along side any text etc cells ...

Word 2007 Close QAT Closes Word Session
Unsure how this happened (user stated that it just "started" happening) User has placed a Close command in his Quick Access Toolbar. Whenever the user has only one document open, and he clicks the close icon in the QAT it closes the entire session of Word not just the document. I have removed and replace the command, same thing happens. Any suggestions on how to remedy this would be grateful. Thanks, Sean Your user has placed a Close or Exit (which closes the Word session) command on the QAT - delete that command and replace with Close command (which closes ...

Trying to export Historical Aged TB to excel
I am new to Great Plains, I am just trying to figure out if I can export the Historical Aged TB from Great Plains to Excel? Will I need another software program to do this? I have tried using the tab delimiter, but I am not having any luck. Anyone who knows about this can you please give me a hint on what to do. Thank you, ...

Accumulating Values in a Pivot table
Hi all. Does anybody of you know, how I can show in a Pivot table accumulated values (example)in each row: Day Amount Accum. Value 1 50 50 3 75 125 8 105 230 .. .. .. .. .. .. and so on. Maybe someone give me a tip. Thanx a lot Regards Kurt Hi Kurt, That is one of the big advantages of using Pivot Tables One place to start would be Debra Dalgleish's Contextures.com/techtip.html http://www.contex...

Close Register
I am wondering is there a way to set RMS up, so that only certain employees have to close the register before they start to ring the next transaction? I have some employees who can handle it being open, and other's I notice seem to make mistakes, trying to go too fast. -- Thank You,; Vince Are you talking about forcing a login after each transaction, or forcing the Cash Drawer to be closed before transaction completes? Forcing Login is a storewide setting, although it would be possible to create an add-in that would let you do this based on current cashier. "Wait for Drawe...

How to get cell format accounting currency based on value in combo box
Hi I have tried to find out from earlier messages but failed. I am looking for the following I need to fill in payments from our customers. In the left column I choose via combo box the currency of the invoice. How to get the cell account formatting from all cells right of it in a certain currency that I choose from the combo? (VB code) So: A1 B1 C1 etc. Combo: Cell format: US Dollar USD USD Euro EUR EUR Thank you Bart Excel 2003 ...

Posting to historical year prior to previous historical year
When posting to and historical year prior to the previous historical year there is an error - You cannot post to more than one year prior to the first day of the earliest open year. Will Dynamics GP ever be able to do this as clients are requesting to post back to previous fiscal years. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-base...

sending empty value to optional parameter
If you have a function that accepts an optional parameter: Function select_live_nodes(ByVal sf_node_parent As Integer, Optional ByVal node_orderby As String =3D "my_default_value=94) I know you can call the function with X =3D select_live_nodes(2) Or X =3D select_live_nodes(2,=94another order=94) But how do I send a varialbe as the optional parameter that might or might not contain a value? X =3D select_live_nodes(2,myvariable) Even if =91myvarialbe=92 is empty the function does not resort to its default value, "my_default_value=94 I=92ve tried sending dbn...