help with/for pivottable code

Hi everyone!

I have code that takes a large workbook and divides it into a number of
separate new workbooks based on data that is in column A. What i need is to
create code that will create a pivot table in the new workbook.

here is my code:

 Sub Regionalize()
    Dim wks As Worksheet
    Dim wksNew As Worksheet
    Dim wbk As Workbook
    Dim rng As Range
    Dim cell As Range
    Dim lRow As Long
    Dim sFileName As String
    Dim sFolder As String
    Dim sRegion As String

    Set wks = Sheets("region")
    Set rng = wks.Range("regiondata")
    'Use a Dynamic range name,
http://www.contextures.com/xlNames01.html#Dynamic
    'This example filter on the first column in the range (change this if
needed)

    With wks
        rng.Columns(1).AdvancedFilter _
        Action:=xlFilterCopy, _
        CopyToRange:=.Range("IV1"), Unique:=True

        'You see that the last two columns of the worksheet are used to make
a Unique list
        'and add the CriteriaRange.(you can't use this macro if you use this
columns)
        lRow = .Cells(Rows.Count, "IV").End(xlUp).Row
        .Range("IU1").Value = .Range("IV1").Value

        sFolder = "\\Stpprj06\custserv"

        For Each cell In .Range("IV2:IV" & lRow)
            .Range("IU2").Value = cell.Value

            'add a new wbk?
            Set wbk = Workbooks.Add
            Set wksNew = wbk.Sheets.Add

            sRegion = CleanFileName(cell.Value)
            wksNew.Name = sRegion

            rng.AdvancedFilter Action:=xlFilterCopy, _
                               CriteriaRange:=.Range("IU1:IU2"), _
                               CopyToRange:=wksNew.Range("A1"), _
                               Unique:=False

    Cells.Select
    Cells.EntireColumn.AutoFit

            'name / save the wbk

            'get the folder
            If sFileName = "" Then
                sFileName = Application.GetSaveAsFilename(sFolder & "\" &
sRegion, , , "Save " & sRegion & " to...")
                sFolder = ParseFolder(sFileName)

                If sFileName = "False" Then
                    MsgBox "Processing Canceled"
                    Exit Sub
                End If
            End If

            'define the file name
            sFileName = sFolder & "\" & sRegion
            If Right(sFileName, 4) <> ".xls" Then
                sFileName = sFileName & ".xls"
            End If

            'save the workbook and close it
            wbk.SaveAs sFileName
            wbk.Close

            're-initialize the object variables
            Set wksNew = Nothing
            Set wbk = Nothing

        Next
        .Columns("IU:IV").Clear
    End With
End Sub

 Public Function CleanFileName(ByVal a_sFileName As String) As String
 If Len(a_sFileName) > 31 Then
    a_sFileName = Replace(a_sFileName, " ", "")
 End If

 If Len(a_sFileName) > 31 Then
    Dim l As Long
    l = InStr(1, a_sFileName, "*", vbTextCompare)
    If l > 0 Then
        a_sFileName = Left(a_sFileName, l - 1)
    End If
 End If

 a_sFileName = Replace(a_sFileName, "*", "_")

 CleanFileName = a_sFileName

 End Function

Public Function ParseFolder(a_sPath As String) As String
'returns the folder part of the path provided.

Dim lPos As Long

For lPos = Len(a_sPath) To 2 Step -1
    If Mid(a_sPath, lPos, 1) = "\" Then
        ParseFolder = Left(a_sPath, lPos - 1)
        Exit Function
    End If

Next

End Function

Thanks in advance,
James

0
news

sumifs help

Help !

Help with this thing

Help with Outlook Setup!!!

Zip Code Lookup Software
Anyone aware of any 3rd party software that will autofill state with proper zip using US Postal Service Zip Code database? Thanks, Nick Two that have been around a long time are Group 1 (www.g1.com) and PostalSoft (http://www.firstlogic.com/solutions/mailing/default.asp). The USPS used to provide a service to run your list as well. In most cases, you'll need to 'sanitize' your database (with regular updates) which is normally fed by address and city/state (ZIP, or ZIP+4). CASS certs on mail require other conformity, too. P. "Nick Maxwell" wrote: > Anyone...

exch 5.5 help

Help with Formula Please 02-19-10

help...help...help

Need help in data copying.

Macro Help

help me #2

CString help

HelpProvider and HTML Help interaction

Your Help is Appreciated

VBA code to perform calculations
Hello. Some background for my question. I have a db that contains (among other things) cost codes and cost types. I have written IIf statements for this, but now think that it's going to get way too big, I want to use VBA coding. For example. If cost code/cost type = 20110.5320 (a cost field) and is greater than zero, then take this amount and divide it by txtFirewatchLabEst (which is an manhour field). Result returned in currency format. I have over 40 of these scenareos to perform these calculations. In the next field: If cost code/cost type = 20110.5320 (a ...

bcc help

Rules Wizard Help

More help with formula
I need 2 formulas for the following: Problem 1: Columns "c" thru "g" contain numbers from 1 thru 100. If th numbers is those columns are 50 or less then I the sum to go in on column; then the sum of numbers between 51 to 100 to go into anothe column. Problem 2: Columns "c" thru "g" contain numbers from 1 thru 100. If th individual number 1-100 is used (3 times, 4 times, 5 times, etc.) tota the I need to show the number of times it was used in the columns. For example: If 1 is used 5 times in columns C thru G then the numbe is 5; the same with 2, th...

help help help IF function
i am new to excell and need help with a problem...... the problem is iam looking for a amount < = 3000.00 and iam to display in bold and in light green i have never had to deal with that i got as far as =IF<=3000 then iam lost or it that even right?? I'm far from a whiz at Excel but I'd use conditional formatting. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "kimmy" <kimmy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ADC77884-FC87-47A3-90F2-D2AAF957F5D1@microsoft.com... >i a...

IF OR help
I have entered the formula =IF(OR(D5="K",D5<=4,M32<=95),"INELIGIBLE"," ") I am trying to get a result that will display INELIGIBLE when the value in D5 is K,1,2,3,4 OR the value in M32 is less than 96. with this formula I now get INELIGIBLE when D5 is blank. I would like cell to be blank unless one of the specific conditions is met. If either D5 or M32 is blank, I would like this cell to also be blank M32 contains a formula that returns a blank cell unless data is entered elsewhere in the workbook Thanks for all the help -- dbconn...

Help -- Help -- Help
Hi, I am having a lot of trouble with Outlook. I understand the other Microsoft programs, but for some reason I can't get Outlook. Does anyone know of any books that really breakdown the concepts of Outlook? Thank you. Donald Donald8044 wrote: > Hi, > > I am having a lot of trouble with Outlook. > > I understand the other Microsoft programs, but for some reason I > can't get Outlook. > > Does anyone know of any books that really breakdown the concepts of > Outlook? > > Thank you. > > Donald Umm what exactly do you mean - "but for some...

Drop Down Menu Help #2
Leave a blank row? How would I do that? For the drop down, I use th validation function, and it lets you list what you put in to the dro down and you have to separate it by commas. a,b,c,d, ect. How would do what you are suggesting -- mcr ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mcr1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1549 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27475 Then you follow Debra's suggestion. I took for granted that you were using a list contained in a named range, where ...