Help with drop-down box creation

I have a large spreadsheet of case manager activity.  Each case manager has a
certain number of rows and columns for his/her information (case manager A
uses the area A3:G43, case manager B uses H3:N43, etc.).  There are 13 case
manager areas in group 1 (rows 1-43), 13 in group 2 (rows 44-86), 13 in group
3 (rows 87-129), 4 sets in group 4 (rows 130-172), and 5 sets of totals at
the bottom (rows 173-215).

I want to create a drop-down box that would point to and locate the case
managers' last names or worker ID#s.  These items are not contiguous--they
are located at cells B3:B4 for case manager A, I3:I4 for B, P3:P4 for C, etc.
How can I go about creating a drop-down box for this?

Thanks.

I think what you're saying is you want something so that you can jump to a
specific block of data peculiar to a specific manager.  If so, you can do
that several ways.  Yes, you can have a Data Validation cell, choose a
manager, and a macro will jump the screen to that block.  But an easier way
is to name the top left cell of each block, say, the manager's name.  You
can then click on the drop-down arrow in the Name box, displaying all the
range names, click on the one you want and it happens.  The name box is the
white space immediately above the "A" of Column A.  Post back if you need
more or if this is not what you need.  HTH  Otto

"Bradly" <Bradly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a large spreadsheet of case manager activity.  Each case manager
> has a
> certain number of rows and columns for his/her information (case manager A
> uses the area A3:G43, case manager B uses H3:N43, etc.).  There are 13
> case
> manager areas in group 1 (rows 1-43), 13 in group 2 (rows 44-86), 13 in
> group
> 3 (rows 87-129), 4 sets in group 4 (rows 130-172), and 5 sets of totals at
> the bottom (rows 173-215).
>
> I want to create a drop-down box that would point to and locate the case
> managers' last names or worker ID#s.  These items are not contiguous--they
> are located at cells B3:B4 for case manager A, I3:I4 for B, P3:P4 for C,
> etc.
> How can I go about creating a drop-down box for this?
>
> Thanks.

0
Otto
3/24/2010 1:41:19 AM
I tried the name box, but all it says is "print area".  Is there anything
else I can do?  I'm afraid I don't know all of the ins and outs of control
boxes and such.

"Otto Moehrbach" wrote:

> I think what you're saying is you want something so that you can jump to a
> specific block of data peculiar to a specific manager.  If so, you can do
> that several ways.  Yes, you can have a Data Validation cell, choose a
> manager, and a macro will jump the screen to that block.  But an easier way
> is to name the top left cell of each block, say, the manager's name.  You
> can then click on the drop-down arrow in the Name box, displaying all the
> range names, click on the one you want and it happens.  The name box is the
> white space immediately above the "A" of Column A.  Post back if you need
> more or if this is not what you need.  HTH  Otto
>
> "Bradly" <Bradly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have a large spreadsheet of case manager activity.  Each case manager
> > has a
> > certain number of rows and columns for his/her information (case manager A
> > uses the area A3:G43, case manager B uses H3:N43, etc.).  There are 13
> > case
> > manager areas in group 1 (rows 1-43), 13 in group 2 (rows 44-86), 13 in
> > group
> > 3 (rows 87-129), 4 sets in group 4 (rows 130-172), and 5 sets of totals at
> > the bottom (rows 173-215).
> >
> > I want to create a drop-down box that would point to and locate the case
> > managers' last names or worker ID#s.  These items are not contiguous--they
> > are located at cells B3:B4 for case manager A, I3:I4 for B, P3:P4 for C,
> > etc.
> > How can I go about creating a drop-down box for this?
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> .

Bradly
   Apparently, "print area" is the only range name your file has so far.
You must create the range names you want   To do that, first select the
cell.  Name that cell.  Look up Range Names in Help if you don't know how to
name a cell.  Name each such cell.  Now, if you click the down arrow in the
Name box, you will see all the range names in your file.  Click on the one
you want and the screen will jump to that cell. Post back if you need more
help

> I tried the name box, but all it says is "print area".  Is there anything
> else I can do?  I'm afraid I don't know all of the ins and outs of control
> boxes and such.
>

> "Otto Moehrbach" wrote:
>
>> I think what you're saying is you want something so that you can jump to
>> specific block of data peculiar to a specific manager.  If so, you can do
>> that several ways.  Yes, you can have a Data Validation cell, choose a
>> manager, and a macro will jump the screen to that block.  But an easier
>> way
>> is to name the top left cell of each block, say, the manager's name.  You
>> can then click on the drop-down arrow in the Name box, displaying all the
>> range names, click on the one you want and it happens.  The name box is
>> the
>> white space immediately above the "A" of Column A.  Post back if you need
>> more or if this is not what you need.  HTH  Otto
>>
>> "Bradly" <Bradly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I have a large spreadsheet of case manager activity.  Each case manager
>> > has a
>> > certain number of rows and columns for his/her information (case
>> > manager A
>> > uses the area A3:G43, case manager B uses H3:N43, etc.).  There are 13
>> > case
>> > manager areas in group 1 (rows 1-43), 13 in group 2 (rows 44-86), 13 in
>> > group
>> > 3 (rows 87-129), 4 sets in group 4 (rows 130-172), and 5 sets of totals
>> > at
>> > the bottom (rows 173-215).
>> >
>> > I want to create a drop-down box that would point to and locate the
>> > case
>> > managers' last names or worker ID#s.  These items are not
>> > contiguous--they
>> > are located at cells B3:B4 for case manager A, I3:I4 for B, P3:P4 for
>> > C,
>> > etc.
>> > How can I go about creating a drop-down box for this?
>> >
>> > Thanks.
>> >
>> .

0
Otto

sumifs help

Setting the range of a dialog box slider
Can anyone help me to set the min and max values of a slider control on a slider control in a dialog box, I created the control with the resource editor and do not know how to access the class of the control (the class wizard only creates a class for the dialog box), is there a way to attach a CSliderCtrl class to the resource or is there some other way to access the object in C++. SiBorg wrote: > Can anyone help me to set the min and max values of a slider control on a slider control in a dialog box, I created the control with the resource editor and do not know how to access the class of...

change check box value based on combo box value
I have a form (Form1) with a combo box (Combo43) with three values: Reference 1 Antenatal 1 Quant 1 I also have two check boxes (check36 and check34) What is the best way to implement such that when Reference 1 is selected in the combo box, check34 changes from false to true, and when Antenenal 1 or quant 1 is selected, check 36 changes to true? I've tried something along the lines of, but no luck: Private Sub Combo43_AfterUpdate() If Me.Combo43 = "Reference 1" Then Me.Check32 = True Else Me.Check32 = False End If End Sub I'm a beginner at this, so any help would be ...

Help !

Help with this thing

ole drag and drop problem in a ListView
I've implemented ole drag and drop in my application's listview. My understanding is that I should get scrolling for free but I don't get any scrolling action. Am I missing something here? I'm new to OLE so any pointers would be greatly appreciated. Regards, Omundu. ...

Help with Outlook Setup!!!

exch 5.5 help

Help with Formula Please 02-19-10

help...help...help

Need help in data copying.

Macro Help

help me #2

text box float over photo?
Pub 2k, Is there a way to float a text box over a photo or vice versa? (photo program layering) thanks, Sure, what problems are you running into? If your photo is in the back make the text box transparent.(No fill, ctrl+t). If you place the text box in the back, you will have to think about the wrap. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "L." <ofa@yahoo1.com> wrote in message news:%23fFs6ZDiHHA.392@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Pub 2k, > > Is there a way to float a text box over a photo or vice v...

CString help

HelpProvider and HTML Help interaction

Your Help is Appreciated

bcc help

Rules Wizard Help

Combo box in sub-form
To John W Vinson: Any chance of an answer to my previous question, as follows? I really would appreciate your help; you're my last hope! > On Sun, 29 Nov 2009 12:21:01 -0800, Chris <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> > wrote: > > >I have a Track Artists table with field headings: Track Artist ID, Track > >Artist, Recording ID & Track ID. There are 3 names entered. > >When I click on a Track Artist field in the Sub-forn, a down arrow appears. > >If I click on the arrow a drop-down list appears but it is empty. When I > >double clic...

More help with formula
I need 2 formulas for the following: Problem 1: Columns "c" thru "g" contain numbers from 1 thru 100. If th numbers is those columns are 50 or less then I the sum to go in on column; then the sum of numbers between 51 to 100 to go into anothe column. Problem 2: Columns "c" thru "g" contain numbers from 1 thru 100. If th individual number 1-100 is used (3 times, 4 times, 5 times, etc.) tota the I need to show the number of times it was used in the columns. For example: If 1 is used 5 times in columns C thru G then the numbe is 5; the same with 2, th...

help help help IF function
i am new to excell and need help with a problem...... the problem is iam looking for a amount < = 3000.00 and iam to display in bold and in light green i have never had to deal with that i got as far as =IF<=3000 then iam lost or it that even right?? I'm far from a whiz at Excel but I'd use conditional formatting. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "kimmy" <kimmy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ADC77884-FC87-47A3-90F2-D2AAF957F5D1@microsoft.com... >i a...